SV OU I tried making a stall team

I tried making a stall team, this is because I see a lot of potential for some pokemon
Heres the team : https://pokepast.es/2adc0860235dc419

Explaining The Team

Garganacl @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Recover
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

Garganacl is a Pokemon I've been testing out for a while and I've noticed it deals with Chi-Yu, Water and Steel types extremely well with salt cure, One of the
Biggest weaknesses of stall is the inability to hit Steel and Poison types with Toxic but with Garganacl, you can take of most these mons,
Salt Cure deals with all steel types and Toxapex, Iron Defense is also an intresting twist that can throw your opponents off.

Clodsire @ Black Sludge
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Haze
- Recover

Clodsire is one of the new regional pokemon from the Paldea Region and it is basically Quagsire on crack. Quagsire mainly suffers from Grass attacks OHKO'ing and The fact it needs more than 4 moves to cover all of the threats it needs. Clodsire covers all of those very well. Its a poison type meaning it doesnt need to run Rest or have a teammate who can recover Quagsire from toxic. Overall it can switch in on special pokemon and become a painful Wall to them

Skeledirge @ Leftovers
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Torch Song
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Slack Off

Skeledirge is an amazing Pokemon for stall teams. Firstly it makes great defensive use of the Terastalize mechanic, as it can easily Tera and turn its weaknesses example Chien-Pao Throat Chop and Roaring Moon Crunch into resistances, and turn other weaknesses into neutral hits. Unaware also prevents Dondozo from setting up on it. It's also a more Offensive mon on the roster as it can get out of hand after 3-4 torch songs.

Dondozo @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Wave Crash
- Curse
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Dondozo's role is simple, swap into Physical attackers, setup Curse and put dents in opponents team. Tera Dark may seem strange but its mainly here for stopping Gholdengo and Chi-Yu two special monsters in the meta, its pretty much only threatened by few pokemon but Tera Dark makes it neutral to them. Rest + Sleep talk also allows Dondozo to deal with toxic reliably along with being a decent healing option.

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Infestation
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

In this team, Toxapex is running a weird Infestation Set, this for two reasons, number one it can throw people off. Players who try and chip Toxapex down like Will-o-Wisp users can't do anything after being trapped by infestation. Along with Toxapex's incredible bulk it can easily deal with these Will-o-Wisp Users like Dragupult. Its second purpose is to deal with Perish Song, Perish song is not common but so far I have seen it show up a couple times. When a perish trapper uses perish song, one Infestation is all it takes to end that pokemon.

Gholdengo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Lastly to round out the team is a Choice Scarf Gholdengo set, so far this team is extremely weak to Taunt and Magic Bounce users. Taunt users mainly consist of Grimmsnarl and Ting-Lu both mons that Gholdengo can 2 or 3HKO with its moveset. Tera Normal is to deal with Other Gholdengo, Annihilape and Dragupult. It can also see play as a Tinkaton counter, since it does resist Gigaton Hammer. Overall its a more Offensive member of the team but still a treasured one.​

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
cool team, stall definitely has some potential and sees very little usage in the current meta, so i like the idea. the two main threats to this team are spikes and chiyu. as this team has no hazard control, spikestack teams will break this team very easily by just setting up spikes and attacking. chiyu in general is hard for stall to beat but this team does not make it any easier by having no dark resist which allows chiyu to spam dark pulse for free.

:skeledirge: -> :talonflame: my first recommended change is talonflame over skeledirge. talonflame is one of the few defoggers on stall that scare gholdengo out, which actually allows you to get defogs off. priority is also great as you can sometimes even guarantee a defog. as there are other unaware users on this team, you will not miss out on it and you will not put yourself at risk of other setup sweepers.

:gholdengo: -> :roaring-moon: finally, my last change is changing gholdengo to roaring moon. roaring moon is a great way of dealing with chiyu as it resists both stabs, and with stealth rocks up it makes it very hard for chiyu to do much of anything vs your team. roaring moon can also set up on grimmsnarl's that lack spirit break, and is immune to taunt so you do not need to fear losing something that is also immune to taunt. lastly, roaring moon provides this team with a wincon and a way to force progress to ensure you aren't just switching back and forth between things just waiting to get broken by the opponent's wallbreakers. a defensive set is much preferred here as it is a stall team but still does a fantastic job of winning games.

:clodsire: my final recommendation is changing haze to stealth rocks. with double unaware haze isn't really needed but hazards can make dealing with stuff like chiyu and chien pao much easier.

Talonflame @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Roost

Roaring Moon @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 240 HP / 188 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Acrobatics
- Taunt
- Roost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)