SS OU Idosyncracy: A Trick Room-Optional Trick Room Team

Hey there everyone. Hope y'all have been doing well. I recently got into competitive, and this is the first team I made, and decided to use for this tier. Is this optimal? Absolutely not, but I have a lot of fun with this team and figured that I should post it. I should point out first hand that I primarily play with item clause on, so that tied my hands in more ways than one.

Eye C Eye C (Xatu) @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 92 SpA / 108 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Defog
- Heat Wave

I knew from the start, I wanted to have some form of a Trick Room setter that could also function outside of Trick Room. Xatu was the one I settled on, partially because of it's suprisingly decent speed, but also because of it also having the benefit of condesing the hazard removal role onto this pokemon as well. Xatu is a pokemon that often gets chipped because of it's usage as the hazard clearer, and I would've added Roost, but unfortunately, I need Defog and Trick Room here, and I'm not going to ruin Xatu by only giving it one attacking move in Psychic. Xatu is a delicate mon, but I know that the rewards I can potentially get with it are quite good.

Abomination (Dracozolt) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Low Kick
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Since I wanted a team that wouldn't be crippled by not getting off Trick Room, Dracozolt fit the bill quite nicely. With scarf and hustle, it has 448 Attack and 409 Speed, which can out-speed and out-hit much of everything. It is primarily used to blow up as many holes as possible. I gave it the spread I did primarily because of how I wanted to be able to threaten a lot. Initially, I put Outrage on this over Dragon Claw, but then remembered about the confusion from Outrage. Regardless, Dragon Claw does the job I had Outrage doing, and honestly does it to a better degree

Beefquito (Buzzwole) @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 100 Def / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Knowing that my first two mons are very frail, I still wanted an offensive-minded pivot for the team. I decided on Buzzwole, who has pretty nice stats all around. I know that this mon will exaserbate my flying and fire weakness on the team, but I do know that Buzzwole is a ferocious attacker with a Bulk Up, as well as a suprisingly good physical wall. I tried to fit Beefquito with as much of a set that can help cover Xatu's and Dracozolt's weaknesses. Roost simply functions as a way to help keep the Beefquito in as close to pristine shape as possible.

The O R B (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Gyro Ball
- Seed Bomb

With a potential Trick Room on the floor, utilizing a heavy hitting mon is important. Ferrothorn's commonly a defensive mon, and I do utilize it for that matter, but it's attacking potential is insane. Stealth Rocks never hurts to have on your side. Knock Off is a great move for dealing with probably the biggest thorn in the side of this team, Toxapex, by removing Black Sludge, but also is just a good move. Since The O R B is designed to be stupidly slow, Gyro Ball is the perfect move for it. The O R B condenses a thorn (pun intended) in the sides of physical attackers, along with a potential wall breaker into one oblong shape.

Davy Jones (Dhelmise) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Steelworker
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Anchor Shot
- Liquidation
- Power Whip

Another Trick Room nuke is Davy Jones. Dhelmise is known for its plethora of weaknesses, so I thought I'd abuse it with what's essentially a free set up for this mon. Dhelmise is one that can hit like a bus. Liquidation helps to fend off the occasional fire, but primarily serves as an additional strong attack. Dhelmise is kind of a catch all nuke to come in on someone unexpecting (cause lets face it, if you are expecting a Dhelmise in OU, you must be absolutely insane, just like me making this team). I love having a wtf kind of mon on my teams, and Dhelmise is this team's

Wet Noodle (Milotic) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Flip Turn

The last member of this team is Wet Noodle. I know with the rest of my team being the way it is, a water type is almost required. I wanted one with decent bulk that can also do a decent amout of damage, and Milotic was the one I went for. I went with Marvel Scale, cause lets face it the other abilities aren't it. Since Milotic is the mon I send out to deal with the hazard setters, HDB was the natural choice. Flip Turn is here cause it often needs to get out of a dicey situation, and that's the simplest way to do so. Milotic is also the status spreader, with Scald and Toxic doing this.

Threatlist:

Toxapex: Unfortunately, only Xatu and Dracozolt can hit this tanky starfish for a lot of damage. Couple that with the fact that I have no real way to deal with status, and you have the bane of my bloody existence.

Hyper Offence: If there is a pokemon that can hit Dracozolt harder and faster than the Abomination, then I'm simply screwed. There really is no other way about it. Regieleki, Dragapult, and Tapu Koko are the primary ones in this vein.

Fire Types: Given 3 of my mons and both of my defensive backbones are weak to this type, and only having one attacker outside trick room that can really do anything about them, yeah that's the beat i got going here

Bulk Up users: Most of my mons are physical hitters. If someone can get up a pair of Bulk Ups off, not only won't I really not be able to touch it, but it will be able to just annihilate my mons

Conclusion:

All in all, I love playing with this team, despite it's obvious flaws. It's a ton of fun seeing something like Dhelmise wiping the floor with other mons. If there are any suggestions you have for this team, I'll be glad to hear them.

Pokepaste Link: Idosyncracsy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)