Im bringing sexy back...

YEAH

Whaddup yall? I havent played pokemon since the DPP days, and briefly at the beginning of 5th gen. Needless to say Im pretty horrible at team making seeing as I am still not fully aware of all the current threats, Which is why I need your guys help! This has been the best team I’ve made recently and I jumped in points by a few hundred very quickly and Ive really enjoyed this team.
Here goes nothing:

Team at a glance:

Previous Members:

The team:

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Trick
Stealth Rock

I love this lead. Everyone else hates it. I ran it a lot in DPP and it worked wonders for me there so I figured I’d try the same set in the current metagame and it has been almost as effective. The concept is pretty simple. Abuse the fuck out of serene grace with flinches from Ironhead and spread paralysis with body slam. I try not to trick away my scarf too soon because Jirachi loves being that much faster than everyone else. I will almost always lead with this unless I predict a Heatran lead from team view.

@ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Tri Attack
- Ice beam
- Discharge
Recover

I replaced Scizor with a Porygon-2 set I found in the simple questions thread. I forget whose it was originally but I really like this thing. With Eviolite Porygon-2 is incredibly bulky, (it survived a +3 dragon claw from Haxorus) but with download its special attack gets through the roof. I have swept whole teams with this thing. The only problem is it makes my fighting weakness that much worse, however i needed the defensiveness it adds.

@ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

Alakazam is a great revenge killer. With focus sash and magic guard Everything is a 2hko, and especially late game when things have been weakened he can come in and clean up. Grass knot over Hp Ice for Gastrodon and Swampert who otherwise wall my team. Neither of them expect alakazam to have grass knot and will stay in on him more than not.

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- U-turn
Fire Punch

A very under appreciated revenge killer that couples as a great scouter. More than not I use him to switch in on scarfed rotoms trying to volt-switch or other attacks I know he can resist and then u-turn out of there. Late game he becomes another clean up pokemon. Sweeping with outrage, eq or firepunch based on what ever pokemon my opponent has left. Im not sure if this fact still holds true but in DPP I believe dragon, ground and fire had perfect coverage.

@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
Pain Split

By far the bulkiest pokemon in my party. I rely on him to absorb hits, heal up with pain split and use Will-o-Wisp to cut down on the strength of attacks aimed at my frailer offensive pokemon.

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

By far one of my favorite pokemon. He is my check to psychics, ghosts and anything that can get destroyed by close combat, which is most things. He is a beast and I can not wait until Moxie is available for him. Guts does have its use on my team though. I use him to absorb the burns or poisons aimed at everyone else on my team.

So there is my team. Its biggest threats are Volcorona who can rip straight through my team after just a quiver dance. My only way to handle it is hope I have rocks up and hit it with hydro pumps from Rotom but that doesnt work more than not. I also struggle a lot against stat upping fighters such as conckledurr and especially Scrafty. If you guys could help me out that’d be awesome!

I changed Scizor for Porygon-2 will edit the set into the first post. I am still as weak to Fighting types as ever though. If any one has any suggestions for how to handle this I would greatly appreciate it. Also the lack of priority on my team now is a small concern of mine.

BUMP

Can no one help me?

Edit: To give this post a little more substance, as much as Flygon's typing and ability has been helping my team, his attack power is a little lack luster. I am thinking about making Rotom a scarfed volt turner and replacing Flygon with Jellicent. Thoughts?
Edit2: And as I type this he sweeps a team with outrage so now I really don't know what to do. Help me out guys. Please...?

One thing i noticed is that other then porygon and rotom you dont really have a wall and only porygon will be able to heal up.
Therefor maybe wish would be a valuable choise on the Jirachi.

Other then that the team looked decent to me , yet you arent really using 5th gen pokemon yet.
My knowledge over 5th gen pokemons is still limited too but i do know some of them can do certain jobs better then 4th gen pokemons used to do.

You get walled by the most basic walls in the game like chansey, gliscor, bulky rotom,and unfortunately the list goes on. Scarf flygon is very weak especially for 5th gen and sadly scarf heracross isn't that great. I've tried scarf heracross and he just doesn't have enough power to do anything more than revenge and nearly get ohkoed by bullet punch from CB scizor. Your team also lacks basic walls and would get destroyed by pokemon that cripple the team with thunder wave, offensive pokemon, rain, and especially double screen teams.

I would completely redo this team if I were you without flygon and heracross.
Change your porygon two set to more bulky with trace and tbolt over tri attack. Eviolite p2 can go along way with the proper support, which would consist of a spinner and a status healer if possible.
If you'd like you could keep alakazam(hp ice or psychoshock would work better instead of grassknot) p2(more bulky with trace) scarf jirachi( uturn/ice punch over bodyslam) rotom w.
That would leave you lacking walls. I would suggest chansey and bold tentacruel.
This would allow you to spin away hazards heal your team and cripple opponents with statuses.

Standard eviolite chansey and bold mostly defensive tentacreul. I'd probably even make rotom W more bulky in general only because I am not a fan of modest rotom of any kind. I hope these changes boost your teams results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)