All Gens Implementing all old gens in PS - Testers required!

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, i don't want to be the annoying bitch that has some nitpick on his work all the time, but now that you have notified him it's over anyways. pls fix gsc, nobody cares but me and the other 4 people who play gsc on ps.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
It would be more convenient than using shitty PO to play my SPL matches if everything worked correctly, though.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
In case you guys didn't know, I got married, had to do work stuff, went on holidays, etc. Yup, this is now a priority again and I plan to concentrate on past gens on the shortcoming future, GSC being my main concern (as the RBY bugs aren't important).

I've found a bug in Gen2 matches, where if you use only one Swords Dance on a Thick Club Marowack, it will do only 0%-1% damage on any subsequent attack (specifically observed with Earthquake). If you use more than one Swords Dance, you will deal the expected damage to the target.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
That's not a bug in the gen 2 mechanics on Pokemon showdown but in the actual game mechanics. A fully invested marowak with thick club hits more than 999 Attack after a swords dance, which is the maximum, so it rolls over. To fix that you should set the DVs (IVs) of the Attack and Defense stat to 13 each, then you will hit exactly the maximum attack. Another quick way to fix this is to use Hidden Power Bug, which automatically sets your DVs to 13. Also always make sure to only use one swords dance after you did that, or you will roll over again and do no damage.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Stats are normally capped at 999 but Thick Club says fuck you, I do what I want. Marowak at +2 and max Attack IV hits 516 Attack, which Thick Club doubles to 1032. But the game is too old and square to keep up with that, it only holds up to 2^10 (1024) numbers. When you go over that value, it just rolls all the way back over to 1 (or, more precisely, 1032-1024 = 8 Attack). If you SD again, you'll be sitting at 774 Attack, which Thick Club doubles to 1548 and is reduced mod 1024 to 524 Attack (basically dealing normal damage again).

With a 13 IV, Marowak's max Attack will be reduced to 254, which after a Swords Dance (508) only hits 1016 and doesn't get reduced. If you SD again, you'd get up to 1524, which rolls over 1024 back down to 500 Attack. So the ideal is to have a 13 IV and Swords Dance exactly once.

Gen 3 gets some bossin' new tech and removes the 999 stat cap.

Reactions: Isa

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
speaking of RBY bugs being not the main concern atm - it's not even playable right now. (no i am not retarded and added EVs on a gen 1 team)
same applies to GSC btw. None of my teams work anymore.

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
speaking of RBY bugs being not the main concern atm - it's not even playable right now. (no i am not retarded and added EVs on a gen 1 team)
same applies to GSC btw. None of my teams work anymore.

Weird. Could you try making them all 255 artifically? This might be caused by recent changes, so let's look at it >.>

I've found a bug in Gen2 matches, where if you use only one Swords Dance on a Thick Club Marowack, it will do only 0%-1% damage on any subsequent attack (specifically observed with Earthquake). If you use more than one Swords Dance, you will deal the expected damage to the target.
As has been said, this is not a Showdown bug. It's working as intended. Same thing would happen if you passed enough Growths to Light Ball Pikachu. Morals of the story: don't use Pikachu, and don't use Swords Dance on Marowak unless you're running a 13 or smaller Attack DV.

When you use Baton Pass with a poisoned Pokémon, you lose HP immediately after the use, before you switch into another Pokémon. You shouldn't lose any HP in this case.

Does anyone exactly remember how Disable works against Substitute for the previous generations? I've recently been in a battle where I used Disable on an opponent who use Substitute and it failed. For some reason, I faintly remember Disable not being blocked.

Checked the descriptions for Substitute too and it says it doesn't affect Disable. Maybe it had something to do with Substitute being used on the same turn?

finally

how can you swallow so much sleep?
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gen 4 OU [Beta]: Every once in a while I think gen 6 type chart gets mixed in with gen 4 type chart. What I mean is that stuff like dark or ghost will hit steel neutrally.

Example:
Go! Angelakos (Forretress)!
Pointed stones dug into Angelakos!

The opposing Heracross used Night Slash!
A critical hit! Angelakos lost 37.3% of its health!
(no not very effective message)

Only noted so far for ghost and dark against steel. If it's just no message pops up, but the damage is still calculated as if it were not very effective, then that could be a thing too :]. thanks joim!

Gen 4 OU [Beta]: Every once in a while I think gen 6 type chart gets mixed in with gen 4 type chart. What I mean is that stuff like dark or ghost will hit steel neutrally.

Example:

Only noted so far for ghost and dark against steel. If it's just no message pops up, but the damage is still calculated as if it were not very effective, then that could be a thing too :]. thanks joim!
Confirming. Got this in a recent match. Negligible, but the TGW is a Forretress.

upload_2014-2-16_13-48-4.png

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Confirming. Got this in a recent match. Negligible, but the TGW is a Forretress.

View attachment 9210
[GEN 6] 0 Atk Forretress Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
[GEN 4]252+ Atk Forretress Payback (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 92-110 (26.9 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

yeah that's gen 6 damage, as for the other calc..

Example:

[GEN 4]252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Night Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Forretress on a critical hit: 91-108 (31.2 - 37.1%) -- 80.3% chance to 3HKO
yeah there's no doubt, that's gen 6 damage

The wrap glitch is because, when switching against a wrapper (typically to PP stall), the wrap/whatever move does normal damage during the switch, but takes off the HP of the previous wrap (how much it would have done to the previous pokemon). This is why e.g. cloyster's clamp can do 70+% damage to alakazam after it was used on rhydon the previous turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)