Done Improvement to commands (movesearch and modlog)

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Firstly, I would like to start off with the /ms command. There are many different parameters in each /search command that help a lot, however, in /ms there is no zmove !zmove parameter. This would be useful so that we can find certain moves without having to sift out the zmoves.

Secondly, add more parameters to /modlog. This could help so you don't have to scroll for a while to look for one action. Say, for example, I could look up in Digimon "/modlog lucario1582, warn". This would give results of only warns I've given/received. Another change to modlog could be to be able to look at all of the modlog. Currently, it only goes to a certain amount of lines. A final change to modlog that can go with the previous idea is to be able to look up an action on a specific date. Say "/modlog 06/01/19" will give results of that date. The MM/DD/YY could also be changed to what it is currently on PS which is YY/MM/DD.

asgdf

could've been worse
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnus
Secondly, add more parameters to /modlog. This could help so you don't have to scroll for a while to look for one action. Say, for example, I could look up in Digimon "/modlog lucario1582, warn". This would give results of only warns I've given/received
Attempts have been made in the past to do more expressive queries, that might serve as a starting point if someone's interested in working on it.
Another change to modlog could be to be able to look at all of the modlog. Currently, it only goes to a certain amount of lines.
There's an "Older results" at the bottom of the modlog result (assuming there is, in fact, more). You can use it to get pretty much arbitrarily many lines, if you really need them.
A final change to modlog that can go with the previous idea is to be able to look up an action on a specific date. Say "/modlog 06/01/19" will give results of that date. The MM/DD/YY could also be changed to what it is currently on PS which is YY/MM/DD.
You can already search for modlog entries of a given day: /modlog "2019-06-02"
This only works because modlog is currently just text search, and the timestamp is part of that text. The quotes are important though, because the date is not followed by a word boundary, so you need the literal substring search.

The movesearch things seems fair enough, I'll see what I can do about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)