Battle Stadium In Pieces - BSS Regulation C

DerpySuX

TABLES FLIPPED NOW WE GOT ALL THE COCONUTS BITCH
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I was a monster, you were the saint

Regulation C has been a mixed bag for me, overall though, I’m really enjoying it. This is the team I have been using for the majority of the format, holding top 10 on Showdown and reaching 1800s on console. I could probably get much higher on console but I don't play it too much It’s a fairly basic bulky offense team with an emphasis on forcing and then abusing sub-optimal play.

:flutter-mane: :chien-pao: :ting-lu: :gholdengo: :Dragonite: :Dondozo:

This team took quite a few different forms, I don’t have all of them anymore sadly, but here’s a couple other builds that I had at one point.

:flutter-mane: :chien-pao: :ting-lu: :Amoonguss: :Dragonite: :Azumarill:

:flutter-mane: :chien-pao: :ting-lu: :iron-moth: :Dragonite: :kingambit:

:chi-yu: :chien-pao: :ting-lu: :Amoonguss: :Dragonite: :kingambit:

As you can see, I had the general idea for the core figured out, but the supporting cast took some time to get right. This was actually one of the longer teambuilding journeys I’ve undertaken. Normally I have a pretty good sense of what works together, but with this team I was having a lot of trouble getting everything to just click. It honestly started to get to me for a small bit, as silly as that sounds. I persevered, however, because I saw glimpses of what this team could do, and eventually I hit on the build I’m covering here, which has been quite successful, all things considered.

———
ABRACADAVRE (Flutter Mane) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Protosynthesis
Level: 50
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Substitute

Flutter Mane is one of the best cleaners and overall best Pokémon in the metagame. This is a very, very basic Booster Energy set, designed to come in late game and now down weakened teams. Substitute is very useful for scouting priority moves, particularly Sucker Punch, and status moves. Psyshock is my preferred coverage move due to the myriad of Tera Poison mons in the metagame at the moment. There are numerous different spreads and sets to consider, however I went with a simple max/max to ensure I had the best chances of grabbing the KO’s I need to to clean up. Terastallization is rarely used on this set, however I found Fairy my preferred tera type to really push Moonblast’s power and make sure I could hit as hard as possible.

———
DEPRAVITY (Chien-Pao) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sword of Ruin
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Icicle Crash
- Sucker Punch
- Sacred Sword

This is also a very simple set, most of what I said about Flutter Mane also applies to Chien-Pao, only it is a physical attacker. This set, however, is designed to be somewhat of a lead, rather than a cleaner. Crunch and Icicle Crash are very powerful STABs, and Sacred Sword provides good coverage against things like Kingambit and Chi-Yu, who aren’t threatened very much by the aforementioned STABs. Sucker Punch is my preferred priority attack, as I find the extra power generally worth the prediction risk. This is another Mon that doesn’t need terastallization to be effective, however in the event I do use it, I preferred Tera Dark to make Crunch and Sucker Punch really sting, which could be crucial for securing some KOs.

———
GLUTTONY (Ting-Lu) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Ruination

Generally, this tends to be my go to lead, absurd bulk, great typing, a fantastic ability and all the utility moves it could ever ask for. While no reliable recovery does limit what it can do in a sense, as a backbone for offensive teams, it more than manages. Stealth Rock and Whirlwind pair incredibly well together, allowing Ting-Lu to put immense pressure on almost anything without lifting a finger. Ruination and Earthquake are great for chip and allowing Ting-Lu to have a presence even if taunted. Earthquake in particular is especially crucial to ensure you aren’t setup fodder for Gholdengo, as it cannot be whirlwinded out. The speed investment here allows Ting-Lu to outrun Hippowdon and creeps other Ting, which is helpful in allowing it to get the first whirlwind off, or to set rocks before getting taunted. Tera Poison allows Ting-Lu to go head to head with things like Flutter Mane and Iron Bundle while gaining the ability to absorb toxic spikes, which is very helpful against WoPex builds, and various other team styles that make use of toxic spikes.

———
PENNY PINCHER (Gholdengo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 36 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 44 SpD / 172 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Recover

This was the last member added to my team, but funnily enough it ended up being one of the cornerstones of my strategy. Good as Gold is a ridiculously good ability, as everyone knows, and being able to come in on the various status moves aimed at the rest of the team is amazing. Its main use, however, is to assist in the breakdown of opposing defensive cores. While Gholdengo is incapable of being tricked, it’s perfectly able to use the move itself. It takes a little work to zero in on the target of Gholdengo’s Trick at times, but if done correctly, it can quickly ruin defensive tactics. The EV spread has several purposes, firstly it outspeeds Iron Bundle by one point, with the Scarf boost factored in. It also manages to avoid an OHKO from Tera Water Choice Specs Hydro Pump, and can even survive and Adamant Dragonite’s Earthquake. Tera Flying is there to dodge said Earthquakes, and can be extremely brutal when paired with Trick to lock the opponent into a now useless move.

———
THICC BOYS (Dragonite) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multiscale
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

You will never escape him.
Dragonite continues to be one of, if not the absolute best Pokémon in the game. This is the third time I’ve used this exact set in my main team, so there’s not much to say, especially that hasn’t been said before. Dragonite does have a bit of a harder time setting up with Chien-Pao being able to OHKO it through Multiscale, but it’s still incredibly powerful. I’ve experimented with other options, such as Bulky DD and Choice Band, but the simple, no frills nature of DD 3 attacks is still my preferred set most of the time. Simply an incredible mon.

———
BIG FLOPPA (Dondozo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Yawn
- Wave Crash
- Protect
- Fissure

Hi Pearl :)
Physically defensive Dondozo is one of the single best stops to opposing Chien-Pao, as well as almost any physical attacker you can think of. Its incredible bulk, Unaware, and Fissure to potentially cheese past anything that might scare it make Dondozo an incredible defensive presence that surprisingly enough, doesn’t let up much on the offense. Yawn cycling is brutal in conjunction with both hazards and the eminent threat of a stray Fissure connecting. Dondozo pairs incredibly well with Ting-Lu, and often times those two alone can win games if played properly.

———

April was a rough month for me, in all honesty. I’m not going to go into it all here, but I was at one of my lowest points mentally for a bit during this month. Building this team and testing it with my friends was one of the ways I tried to keep my mind occupied and cope with everything going on around me, and I just want to give a very sincere and heartfelt thank you to everyone that was there for me during that time. You all really made more of a difference than you know. ❤

———

Pokepaste - https://pokepast.es/a358d5bad477d710

REPLAYS

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1853476618-3anc5i39mf1yy3hswtubmt5hl5bw6kypw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1854611847-vjyp3q1ghd6zvp90v32brzv8kfpd63wpw

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/...-1854812610-xnfzyvq1ygmheee16i98nrfpfud1wlkpw

Sometimes keeping it simple is the best approach; I certainly learned that back in Gen 8, even if I don't regret some of my more eccentric teambuilding choices.

Nice RMT, and hope this upcoming month ends up with a bit more R&R for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)