Pokémon Indeedee

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Base Stats: 60 HP | 65 Atk | 55 Def | 105 SpA | 95 SpD | 95 Spe (Male) 70 HP | 55 Atk | 65 Def | 95 SpA | 105 SpD | 85 Spe (Female)

Abilities
: Inner Focus | Synchronize | Psychic Surge (H)

[Notable Moves]

Level Up Moves: (Male)
- [00] Stored Power
- [00] Play Nice
- [05] Encore
- [10] Disarming Voice
- [15] Psybeam
- [20] Helping Hand
- [25] After You
- [30] Aromatherapy
- [35] Psychic
- [40] Calm Mind
- [45] Power Split
- [50] Psychic Terrain
- [55] Last Resort

Level Up Moves: (Female)
- [00] Stored Power
- [00] Play Nice
- [05] Baton Pass
- [10] Disarming Voice
- [15] Psybeam
- [20] Helping Hand
- [25] Follow Me
- [30] Aromatherapy
- [35] Psychic
- [40] Calm Mind
- [45] Guard Split
- [50] Psychic Terrain
- [55] Healing Wish

TMs:
- [TM02] Pay Day
- [TM10] Magical Leaf
- [TM17] Light Screen (Female Only)
- [TM18] Reflect (Female Only)
- [TM19] Safeguard (Female Only)
- [TM21] Rest
- [TM24] Snore
- [TM25] Protect
- [TM31] Attract
- [TM39] Facade
- [TM40] Swift
- [TM41] Helping Hand
- [TM44] Imprison
- [TM60] Power Swap (Male Only)
- [TM61] Guard Swap (Female Only)
- [TM63] Drain Punch
- [TM70] Trick Room (Male Only)
- [TM71] Wonder Room (Male Only)
- [TM72] Magic Room (Male Only)
- [TM76] Round
- [TM87] Draining Kiss
- [TM91] Psychic Terrain
- [TM92] Mystical Fire

TRs:
- [TR11] Psychic
- [TR14] Metronome
- [TR19] Tri Attack (Male Only)
- [TR25] Psyshock
- [TR29] Baton Pass (Female Only)
- [TR30] Encore (Male Only)
- [TR33] Shadow Ball
- [TR34] Future Sight
- [TR38] Trick
- [TR42] Hyper Voice
- [TR49] Calm Mind
- [TR65] Energy Ball
- [TR69] Zen Headbutt
- [TR82] Stored Power
- [TR83] Ally Switch
- [TR90] Play Rough
- [TR92] Dazzling Gleam

Egg Moves:
- Psych Up
- Fake Out
- Extrasensory

Both Genders:
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Male Only:
- Encore
- Tri Attack
- Trick Room

Female Only:
- Healing Wish
- Baton Pass

[Pros]

- Access to a great ability in Psychic Surge makes Indeedee an force offensively, boosting the power of its Psychic attacks while protecting it from priority attacks.
- Good Special Attack and Speed tier makes Indeedee a solid choice to act as a revenge killer or wallbreaker.
- Despite the male being more of a breaker and revenger, the female's slighter higher bulk allows Indeedee to better pull off a Calm Mind set or act as support for other breakers with access to Healing Wish.

[Cons]

- Without Choice Scarf, Male variants of Indeedee will lack the speed to revenge kill Pokemon such as Dragapult and Weavile.
- Male Indeedee's low physical bulk and decent Speed also tend to hold it back if not running Choice Scarf, making it often vulnerable to being revenge killed.
- Female variants, while bulkier, are also weaker offensively, and its lower Speed stat can allow Pokemon such as Excadrill to outspeed and do a large amount of damage.

[Dynamaxing Potential]
- More beneficial for the Male variant of Indeedee thanks to its higher Special Attack and Speed and thanks to the coverage options to deal with certain checks, it can be decent in terms of a Dynamax mon.

[Potential Movesets]

Indeedee @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Trick / Hyper Voice / Psyshock

Simple revenge killer or wallbreaker set for Indeedee depending on the item. Last move slot is interchangeable, just depends on whether you wish to cripple a wall with a Choice item or have another STAB option with Hyper Voice or Psyshock. Female variants can also run a set like this in lower tiers, just with the added option of Healing Wish.

Indeedee-F (F) @ Leftovers / Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

An attempt for Female Indeedee to make use of its slightly higher bulk to act as a CM sweeper. Main draw to this set is Draining Kiss which essentially trades the power of Dazzling Gleam for the longevity of Draining Kiss while mainting coverage for Dark-types and Mystical Fire to nail Steel-types like Ferrothorn. Male Indeedee can make use of this set too to better break past bulkier teams.

Been running scarf male on my lucha team. It's no lele but it does still hit pretty hard and is the best legal terrain setter atm.

Seems that Indeedee is now a serious contender for an OU position according to Smogon post here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/generation-8-overused-viability-list.3656532/
Getting access to Psychic Surge is cool and all to boost Psychic attacks and block priority, but I still fail to see how Smogon came to have such high expectations for this Pokemon in spite of this unique advantage. I'm not hating on Indeedee here, in fact I actually love its typing and creative concept being based on a butler/maid, but I still can't see how this chamberlain is going to measure up to OU threats given that it really isn't super fast, strong, or even bulky (It doesn't get recovery either). Is Smogon overestimating this psychic servant? Or am I not seeing something that is obvious to everyone else?

Seems that Indeedee is now a serious contender for an OU position according to Smogon post here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/generation-8-overused-viability-list.3656532/
Getting access to Psychic Surge is cool and all to boost Psychic attacks and block priority, but I still fail to see how Smogon came to have such high expectations for this Pokemon in spite of this unique advantage. I'm not hating on Indeedee here, in fact I actually love its typing and creative concept being based on a butler/maid, but I still can't see how this chamberlain is going to measure up to OU threats given that it really isn't super fast, strong, or even bulky (It doesn't get recovery either). Is Smogon overestimating this psychic servant? Or am I not seeing something that is obvious to everyone else?
The triple threat of Ferrothorn, Toxapex, and G-corsola. With access to Psychic, Mystical Fire, and Trick it can dismantle these mons with various items. It’s not perfect, but anything that can hit all three AND set terrain, on top of an immunity to Ghost (which is running rampant without pursuit) is good

meddle

boomer user
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Psychic Surge just seems like it can’t NOT be good in a meta where literally every team is abusing Max Airstream and weather sweepers, and priority moves are sometimes your only check to those threats.

Not to mention the ubiquitous Dragapult loves immunity to Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak (especially now with Bisharp being run).

Indeedee-F being able to run Baton Pass to pivot and Healing Wish while still being reasonably threatening with Psychic... idk, it’s just good.

Psychic Surge just seems like it can’t NOT be good in a meta where literally every team is abusing Max Airstream and weather sweepers, and priority moves are sometimes your only check to those threats.

Not to mention the ubiquitous Dragapult loves immunity to Sucker Punch and Shadow Sneak (especially now with Bisharp being run).

Indeedee-F being able to run Baton Pass to pivot and Healing Wish while still being reasonably threatening with Psychic... idk, it’s just good.
It's no Tapu Lele, but these two are our only Psychic Surge setters, with more support moves!

So I was testing out a semi-Trick Room team because a couple mons I wanted to try are slow as heck. I thought Indeedee would be a great compliment to my ghost type setter because of its normal typing. Well, it turns out Oranguru is a superior trick room setter in just about every way due to its better defenses than both gender versions. So any sort of trick room or bulky support Indeedee seems vastly inferior to me.

That's all I wanted to say.

Last edited:
I can see the female being run solely for Healing Wish despite the stat drops. Imagine killing yourself out of nowhere and turning that 10% burned Gyarados into a full health Dynamax sweep. Or oops, Hawlucha just got a free switch in. GG. 85 is a good enough speed tier for a choice scarfer, outrunning +1 Gyarados and Dragapult. Damage loss appears to be approximately 6.5% less when you use the female, though you get a bit more bulk to compensate.

The male might be better for Choice Specs but it seems like Healing Wish is a big enough deal that I'd rather run the female for any Scarf set.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
So I was testing out a semi-Trick Room team because a couple mons I wanted to try are slow as heck. I thought Indeedee would be a great compliment to my ghost type setter because of it's normal typing. Well, it turns out Oranguru is a superior trick room setter in just about every way due to its better defenses than both gender versions. So any sort of trick room or bulky support Indeedee seems vastly inferior to me.

That's all I wanted to say.
Well if you're using Indeedee for anything other than Psychic Terrain, you should probably use another mon.

Well if you're using Indeedee for anything other than Psychic Terrain, you should probably use another mon.
Well, yes. I was sort of hoping to get the Psychic Terrain as an added bonus on a Trick Room setter since it counters priority and there are some pokemon that can benefit from both that and extra psychic damage. Heck, even Copperajah has access to Sheer Force Zen Headbutt. Unfortunately, it just isn't worth it. Even the Trick Room set can't have Healing Wish because those moves are separated on opposing genders.

I think Male's more suited for singles, whilst Female's for VGC/Doubles. Female gets some great options for Doubles such as Follow me and Heal Pulse. However, Female also has screens to set it apart. Are there any notable KOs that the female evades in singles on account of the slightly higher defences?

Also, OP doesn't mention that both get Fake out as an egg move, Hyper Voice as another STAB through Technical Record, and Aromatherapy by Level up. Minor, but still useful.

Probably not worth it instead of another item like Scarf or Specs, but I guess it should be noted that it can immediately enter at +1 Sp.Def due to Psychic Seed.

Last edited:
Hi guys, new to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general. I'm trying to build a pure support Female Indeedee for doubles and was wondering what the recommended Nature and EV spread would be.

I'm drawn toward this moveset, but open to suggestions:

Calm Mind
Heal Pulse
Trick
Baton Toss

Hi guys, new to Smogon and competitive Pokemon in general. I'm trying to build a pure support Female Indeedee for doubles and was wondering what the recommended Nature and EV spread would be.

I'm drawn toward this moveset, but open to suggestions:

Calm Mind
Heal Pulse
Trick
Baton Toss
Hello, welcome to Smogon!

This subforum is dedicated to OverUsed Singles, and your question would better be suited for the SQSA thread in Doubles OU, found here: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...questions-here-resource-index-inside.3656242/

I wish you a nice stay around here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)