Ability Infiltrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, when I first saw that Chandelure lost Shadow Tag and found out that I had in my Friend Safari I was like "NOOOOOOO!". But now piercing through Substitues? Dayum that is crazy. From a pretty darn average ability to something pretty amazing.

Noivern and Crobat should abuse this well with very good attack coverage and speed. It may even pull them through to OU?

This has the potential to ruin a few stall Pokemon. I'd like to see how this could perhaps effect SubProtect Gliscor and things like that.

Definitely interesting, but none of them have too outstanding offensive stats (besides Chandelure) to make too much of an impact, though I guess piercing a protect is just enough in itself, as well as if we include the 25% health forgone to make one.

Wow, when I first saw that Chandelure lost Shadow Tag and found out that I had in my Friend Safari I was like "NOOOOOOO!". But now piercing through Substitues? Dayum that is crazy. From a pretty darn average ability to something pretty amazing.

Noivern and Crobat should abuse this well with very good attack coverage and speed. It may even pull them through to OU?

This has the potential to ruin a few stall Pokemon. I'd like to see how this could perhaps effect SubProtect Gliscor and things like that.

Definitely interesting, but none of them have too outstanding offensive stats (besides Chandelure) to make too much of an impact, though I guess piercing a protect is just enough in itself, as well as if we include the 25% health forgone to make one.
They honestly don't need outstanding offenses if the opponent uses a Substitute. If they'll be doing about 75% (or less considering Stealth Rocks), they're in the bag. Crobat has an impressive movepool, not just a purely offensive one, but also a stalling one. Chandelure may miss out on the ability it never got, but this ability halfway makes up for it. I see these two being the big Inflitrator exploiters, as the former didn't need Inner Focus and the latter can afford to skip an immunity that it already resists and just hit through every Sub there is. Noivern...I feel is outclassed in comparison to Crobat, but it will see some good use of Infiltrator. Jumpluff is going to have some serious fun thanks to this buff. Whimsicott simply doesn't care--it has Prankster, the better ability. This is a change from Gamefreak I think is fine. Very few Pokemon can use it right and it makes you weary about your move decision.

They honestly don't need outstanding offenses if the opponent uses a Substitute. If they'll be doing about 75% (or less considering Stealth Rocks), they're in the bag. Crobat has an impressive movepool, not just a purely offensive one, but also a stalling one. Chandelure may miss out on the ability it never got, but this ability halfway makes up for it. I see these two being the big Inflitrator exploiters, as the former didn't need Inner Focus and the latter can afford to skip an immunity that it already resists and just hit through every Sub there is. Noivern...I feel is outclassed in comparison to Crobat, but it will see some good use of Infiltrator. Jumpluff is going to have some serious fun thanks to this buff. Whimsicott simply doesn't care--it has Prankster, the better ability. This is a change from Gamefreak I think is fine. Very few Pokemon can use it right and it makes you weary about your move decision.
I did say afterwards that it probably doesn't matter and the fact that it pierces substitute when they already had to pay life points to set it up is enough.

But I honestly wouldn't exclude Noivern so easily, in fact he would be a very big threat with his very strong movepool to strike straight through a Substitute. With Boomburst, Flamethrower and Draco Meteor it can hit hard things behind a Substitute. Crobat, Noivern and Chandelure will most likely be the strongest Infiltrator users in the upper tiers. Hoping to see it put to good use.

Boomburst is sound-based, right? So it hits through substitute anyway. No need for infiltrator. The main threat would be Substitute-proof Draco Meteors.

Crobat is rather unique (with Seviper) in that it now has a 100% accurate toxic that goes through subs, all while having solid defences and defensive typing.
I think we'll see Golbat running infiltrator toxics before Seviper
Boomburst is sound-based, right? So it hits through substitute anyway. No need for infiltrator. The main threat would be Substitute-proof Draco Meteors.
And that substitute proof draco meteor is huge for taking down common sub users like gengar. The only time I really use boomburst is against fairies and in doubles

Jumpluff can now Worry Seed through any SubRest sets. I am most pleased to see Jumpluff getting a greater array of builds. I think Gamefreak has really tried to diversify strategies this generation.

I have spent four or so hours breeding that perfect Crobat. I have been having a great time, though I have seen a lot less subs then I am used to, but when I meet those sub users, they don't know what to do lol. I even chased off a pokemon with sub and swords from Baton pass. I love the new changes, and I love using one of my favorite pokemon in the game.

Crobat
Adamant Blacksludge
Brave Bird
Defog
Roost
Uturn
252 attack/252 speed/4hp

Wow, it's pretty much saying Screw you to MegaGengar, tho Gengar Might not use Subsitute due to this when fighting these pokemon. It could use thunderbolt or icywind(Tho uncommon) or Destiny bond. So, in the end it's better just switching lol.

Subsitute is common on ferrothorn to isn't it? If so, it's a good way to stop it from using spikes and SR if you kill it fast enough.

The Shellder Smuggler

Banned deucer.
Just curious, but does Infiltrator bypass Protect/King's Shield/Spiky Shield? I don't think it does, but was just wondering.
N-N-N-N-Necro

Anyways, the ability distribution of Infiltrator is absolute balls. But, some good pokemon get it...

So anyways:

Crobat: Best user of Infiltrator, because Brave Bird and Cross Poison are awesome to sneak through a sub. Also, this thing would otherwise be walled if Reflect was in play.

Noivern: Same. Except it has so many more options, BoomBurst, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Taunt....

Jumpluff: No one uses this thing, but I guess Leech Seed can annoy Substitute users.

Ninjask: This things sucks for anything other than Speed Boost.

Seviper: Such good attacking stats and movepool, but no one uses it otherwise...I feel it could have a small niche in UU with Infiltrator

Spiritomb: WoW, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball....not bad

Whimisicott: Yeah this thing sucks without Prankster

Chandlure: This thing can do so much with Infiltrator, but it is outclassed by flame body and flash fire :[

Meowstic: Both like Prankster and Competitive

Malamar: lol lose superpower spam hell no

Those were all pretty brief, but they're just one sentence overviews of all the pokemon that get this ability.

Infiltrator isn't bad, but should only be used on certain pokemon.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
N-N-N-N-Necro

Anyways, the ability distribution of Infiltrator is absolute balls. But, some good pokemon get it...

So anyways:

Crobat: Best user of Infiltrator, because Brave Bird and Cross Poison are awesome to sneak through a sub. Also, this thing would otherwise be walled if Reflect was in play.

Noivern: Same. Except it has so many more options, BoomBurst, Fire Blast, Dragon Pulse, Taunt....

Jumpluff: No one uses this thing, but I guess Leech Seed can annoy Substitute users.

Ninjask: This things sucks for anything other than Speed Boost.

Seviper: Such good attacking stats and movepool, but no one uses it otherwise...I feel it could have a small niche in UU with Infiltrator

Spiritomb: WoW, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball....not bad

Whimisicott: Yeah this thing sucks without Prankster

Chandlure: This thing can do so much with Infiltrator, but it is outclassed by flame body and flash fire :[

Meowstic: Both like Prankster and Competitive

Malamar: lol lose superpower spam hell no

Those were all pretty brief, but they're just one sentence overviews of all the pokemon that get this ability.

Infiltrator isn't bad, but should only be used on certain pokemon.
I don't necessary agree with Chandelure. All abilities are good, but I actually prefer Infiltrator. Bypassing Substitute and Light Screen is very useful, and as such it's cool for reliably beating Deoxys-D, Klefki, and Substitute Gengar.

Deleted User 220884

Banned deucer.
Crobat is soooo good with infiltrator.
Shiny Crobat with infiltrator in my pokemon y cartridge, it catches most people off guard, when they substitute against my crobat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)