Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

lol no. Mega Hoopas movepool is entirely outclassed, atleast with such a shitty ability. I'd rather inherit from Greninja, as that gives me stab on a lot of those options.

To be fair, inheriting from Greninja works on basically almost every attacker. And besides, it's really up to whoever uses it if they need to take the ability into account. I was just saying that it's not utterly useless.

Greninja isn't even the only donor that outclasses Hoopa, as Pokémon like Clefable, Toxicroak, Thundurus, (Mega) Gyarados, Pangoro, Gengar and Yveltal, just to name a few, all have similar movepools, but with much better abilities to donate.

This meta looks amazing, so many avenues for creativity. Can't wait to give it a go. Some sets I want to try:

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf / Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Inherits from Omastar. After Shell Smash (with this spread) you outrun Scarfed 99s and have a Special Attack of, wait for it, 1008! Surf gets STAB, hitting for just shy of 200 power in rain. Hydro Pump is even stronger, but much less reliable. Ice Beam hits the Grass and Dragon types that resist Surf; Earth Power always OHKOes Primal Groudon. Special Attack is obviously maximised, with the rest in HP for bulk. Invest in Speed depending on what you want to outrun. 56 EVs lets you outrun Scarfed 90s; 88 lets you outrun scarfed 95s; 176 lets you outrun Scarfed 108s.

Reshiram @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Desoate Land
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Thunderbolt / Dragon Pulse / Earth Power

Inherits from P-Groudon. Recapturing the glory days for Reshiram, under sun this thing's an absolute monster. STAB Eruption hits like a truck in the sun. Fire Blast is used when your health gets too low to use Eruption. Solar Beam wrecks the Rock and Water types that resist your STABs. Thunderbolt hits more bulky Waters, while Dragon Pulse is a reliable STAB you can use late game. Earth Power can be used for opposing Fire types. Modest is the chosen nature

I came up with something for Mega Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust/Knock Off
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Inherits from Heracross. Swords Dance to boost, Pin Missile for STAB, Arm Thrust for coverage *cough* Steel types *cough* or Knock Off for obvious reasons, and Rock Blast for Flying types (or, if for some stupid reason, you decide to let it fight against a Fire type)

Heracross gets a lot of Technician abusable stuff

Downside: No good options for priority, just Feint and Vacuum Wave.

I came up with something for Mega Scizor

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Arm Thrust/Knock Off
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Inherits from Heracross. Swords Dance to boost, Pin Missile for STAB, Arm Thrust for coverage *cough* Steel types *cough* or Knock Off for obvious reasons, and Rock Blast for Flying types (or, if for some stupid reason, you decide to let it fight against a Fire type)

Heracross gets a lot of Technician abusable stuff

Downside: No good options for priority, just Feint and Vacuum Wave.
Two things:
  • Arm Thrust is slightly inferior to Close Combat -- it's only 15bp/hit pre-technician, so at 3 hits that's only 67.5BP; moreover, on the off chance that the opponent is inheriting something with like, Rough Skin or Flame Body, you're gonna regret running a contact move that hits multiple times. The reduced bulk hurts, yes, but mostly against offense, which this isn't going to put in a lot of work against anyways.
  • Bullet Seed gives you a chance to 2HKO Unaware Suicune -- 198-234 (49 - 57.9%) -- approx. 43.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (on three hits). Given that it can already break Cresselia with Pin Missile, this could actually be a fairly useful stallbreaker for its ability to crack the two most common unaware walls. I'd recommend running it with Close Combat just for coverage purposes. It's also a lot more powerful against neutral targets.

IMO Terrakion is one of the best Pokémon in Inheritance. While Mega Lucario is its favourite donor, it can do great with just about anything that gives its STABs. Observe:

Dragon Dance
Terrakion @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate / Shed Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Dragon Dance
High Jump Kick
Stone Edge
Knock Off / Ice Punch

Inherits from Scrafty. All the abilities are good, with Moxie being my personal favourite.

Quick Feet
Terrakion @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Quick Feet
Jolly Nature
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Crunch / Play Rough
Swords Dance / Protect

Inherits from Ursaring. At +2 Attack and +1 Speed, not much can stop you

Guts
Terrakion @ Toxic Orb / Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Megahorn
Knock Off / Swords Dance

Inherits from Heracross. There's virtually nothing this set can't 2HKO - even Unaware Cresselia is a guaranteed 2HKO: 252 Atk Toxic Orb Guts Terrakion Megahorn vs. 252 HP/252+ Def Leftovers Unaware Cresselia: 248 - 292 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. Conkeldurr and Ursaring are viable donors as well, as the former gives Terrakion STAB priority in Mach Punch while the latter gives you Play Rough for Mega Sableye.

Choice Scarf
Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Close Combat / High Jump Kick
Stone Edge
Megahorn / Ice Punch
Knock Off / Rock Slide

You can inherit from either Heracross or Scrafty, depending on what coverage move you prefer in the third slot.

Regenerator
Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
Jolly Nature
Stone Edge
High Jump Kick
U-turn
Knock Off

Inherits from Mienshao. Hit hard, switch out to heal, go back to hitting hard.

No Guard
Terrakion @ Choice Band / Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Jolly Nature
Stone Edge
Dynamic Punch
Knock Off
Ice Punch / Toxic

Inherits from Machamp. I'm not a fan of this set personally, but it still works well. No Guard means Stone Edge won't miss at the worst time, and you can spread confusion with Dynamic Punch.

You could also run an offensive Rapid Spin set inheriting from Hitmonlee, but Terrakion tends to draw in bulky Ghost types so it's not a good Spinner.

Last edited:
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
-Encore
-Punishment
-Slack Off
-Pursuit / Rock Slide / Yawn

Inherits from Slaking. Encore + Punishment is a nightmare for Calm Mind users, especially with Tyranitar's special bulk. Slack Off gives T-Tar important staying power. Pursuit hits set-up sweepers trying to get away, Stone Edge Rock Slide is STAB and Yawn causes more switches.

His ability is crap, but Slaking has an amazing support movepool.

Might as well put my own scizor set

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Bug Bite
- Blaze Kick / Extremespeed

Inherits from the superior bug, the banned bug, the legendary bug, Genesect. Back again from STABmons, Shift Gear + Gear Grind Mega Scizor is here. Unfortunately it doesn't have recovery so it can't set up on attackers as easily as it would have liked with roost, see Terrakion, Lando-T, Mega Pinsir, etc. if you don't know how powerful Gear Grind from Mega Scizor is take a look at this

On offensive Lando-T

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 200 HP / 52 Def Landorus-T: 308-366 (83.4 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On bulky Mega Pinsir

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 254-302 (76 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And that's not even boosted! After 1 shift gear it would pretty much bare all hell upon the opponent

+1 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 498-588 (100.2 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And others.

But all good things must come to an end. Unaware cune and FF doublade just kinda walls this thing :/ but otherwise it's a great mon!

Might as well put my own scizor set

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Bug Bite
- Blaze Kick / Extremespeed

Inherits from the superior bug, the banned bug, the legendary bug, Genesect. Back again from STABmons, Shift Gear + Gear Grind Mega Scizor is here. Unfortunately it doesn't have recovery so it can't set up on attackers as easily as it would have liked with roost, see Terrakion, Lando-T, Mega Pinsir, etc. if you don't know how powerful Gear Grind from Mega Scizor is take a look at this

On offensive Lando-T

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 200 HP / 52 Def Landorus-T: 308-366 (83.4 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

On bulky Mega Pinsir

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Pinsir: 254-302 (76 - 90.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And that's not even boosted! After 1 shift gear it would pretty much bare all hell upon the opponent

+1 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 144 HP / 188 Def Snorlax: 498-588 (100.2 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And others.

But all good things must come to an end. Unaware cune and FF doublade just kinda walls this thing :/ but otherwise it's a great mon!
Hate to break you but Genesect can't learn Gear Grind... You need to use Klinklang which has an otherwise inferior movepool.

Hate to break you but Genesect can't learn Gear Grind... You need to use Klinklang which has an otherwise inferior movepool.
Oh sorry I completely forgot about that ;-; I knew it learnt shift gear and I remembered a shift gear mon learnt gear grind

I guess it can inherit from kilngklang instead or use iron head but it's a lot worse from gear grind

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Oh sorry I completely forgot about that ;-; I knew it learnt shift gear and I remembered a shift gear mon learnt gear grind

I guess it can inherit from kilngklang instead or use iron head but it's a lot worse from gear grind
honestly, klingklang is probably the way to go. scizor hits insanely hard with gear grind, and honestly, it doesnt really need the "amazing" coverage gene gives (really, bug is bad coverage, and fire is...well...good i guess, but its still not denting its counters. (at least klingklang can deal with heatran with wild charge) actually, kingklang scizor deals with many of its counters just because steel/normal/electric actually hits a lot of the meta neutrally, its just, the problem with klinklang is just that...it only hits NEUTRALLY, and its not that strong either.

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Gear Grind (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 192-228 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- approx. 44.5% chance to 2HKO
2hkoing one of the bulkiest things able to tank its trio coverage through intimidate (at +1) is quite a scary thing to face.

252+ Atk Mega Scizor Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Suicune: 158-186 (39.1 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
well...i mean...cune...well...cune is OP regardless. but at least scizor isnt completely gimped by it.

all in all id say klingklang is definatly the better choice for scizor, or at least with shift gear shenanigans it is.

Klinglang also seems like a decent donor for Mega Glalie. Return + Wild Charge is all that it needs for coverage so it can fit something like Facade, Substitute or perhaps even Iron Defense for priority in the final slot. Genesect is also a good donor thanks to Download and access to more coverage with Blaze Kick and perhaps Shadow Claw or Gunk Shot for hitting neutral targets, I think that the room for utility by inheriting from Klinglang may make it better.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (56 HP / 200 Spe alternative to outspeed Jolly base 80s unboosted with getting some added bulk)
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Substitute / Facade / Iron Defense

Klinglang also seems like a decent donor for Mega Glalie. Return + Wild Charge is all that it needs for coverage so it can fit something like Facade, Substitute or perhaps even Iron Defense for priority in the final slot. Genesect is also a good donor thanks to Download and access to more coverage with Blaze Kick and perhaps Shadow Claw or Gunk Shot for hitting neutral targets, I think that the room for utility by inheriting from Klinglang may make it better.

Glalie @ Glalitite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe (56 HP / 200 Spe alternative to outspeed Jolly base 80s unboosted with getting some added bulk)
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Return
- Wild Charge
- Substitute / Facade / Iron Defense
Just a little nitpick, but Facade wouldn't be coverage on that set. It would also be Ice due to Refrigerate

Also it has been mentioned but pikachu is a nice donor to mega glalie due to fakespeed and either volt tackle or wild charge plus nuzzle

Also it has been mentioned but pikachu is a nice donor to mega glalie due to fakespeed and either volt tackle or wild charge plus nuzzle
Wait, illegalities aren't taken into account? Does this also mean i can have stuff like having Defog on a Pokemon inheriting from Poison Heal Gliscor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)