Insert Generic RMT Title For OU Team

This is a team made by me and other people who helped I'm not giving credit to. It started as an offensive team but soon became a balanced or even bulky offense team, a little of both really. I will try to be as detailed as possible in this RMT, but i'll obviously miss something extremelly important.

Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Decently fast, very powerful scarfer with amazing coverage that covers up many weaknesses of the team. I use a Modest nature because anything beaten with timid is easily taken care of by the rest of my team and I appreciate the power, kind of contradicting with Flamethrower over Fire Blast, but I also appreciate the reliability, and I don't miss many important KOs with it. Having HP Ice and Dragon Pulse together may seem like a waste but it allows me to hit Dragonite, OHKO every one that isn't specially defensive (lol) when Multiscale is gone, same with Salamence, while Dragon Pulse allows me to hit many other Dragons, mostly Latios twice if they aren't scarfed which does a ton of damage, which is again one of the reasons I prefer Modest.

252+ SpA Heatran Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Latios: 198-234 (65.78 - 77.74%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

HP Ice also 2HKOs, but (I probably should replace any Latios in the paragraph above with Latias but whatever it gets to the point)

252+ SpA Heatran Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 172-204 (57.14 - 67.77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

while HP Ice has a pathetic chance to 2HKO, only 0.39%

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

1st part of my specially defensive (read: annoying) core. Scald is to soread burns which allows my offensive pokemon to switch in or let Ferrothorn use it as setup fodder if a Thunder Wave wouldn't help as much, but of course also helps Jellicent itself. I may switch Ice Beam to Shadow Ball but doing 80% to Dragonite/Mence is amazing. Toxic is also to help wear down anything that can be annoying (like other Jellicents)

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

2nd part of the core, takes on anything Jellicent can't while spreading status of it's own through Twave and giving some recovery to teammates or itself when neccesary through Leech Seed. Whenever it gets a chance to set up Spikes, that also helps wear down the opposing team.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 204 HP / 64 Atk / 240 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Bulky Offensive Pivot Landorus. Also forms a decemt bulky VoltTurn core with Rotom, who is the other half of this sort of physically bulky core. Sets up rocks at a given opporutnity and then is used for Intimidate support.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

2nd part of the bulky core with Landorus, the EVs are used to have a lot of bulk and still some decent power while having an amazing Garchomp Counter. Pain Split I rarely use, but is the only source of recovery for it. Even without the maximum investment any Rotom would normally have it still does hit pretty hard, screw Hydros acc though.

Breloom (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Swords Dance

Physical sweeper of the team. Spore to put something on the opponents team to sleep so I can set up or give a team mate a free sweep, such as Sporeing a Skarmory on the switch to let Heatran come in for free without being phazed or having hazards set up on the switch. Normal set.

Changes i'm considering:

- The whole Dragon Pulse HP Ice thing on Heatran
- Pain Split on Rotom

Obviously taking suggestions on anything else anyone notices. Would add importable but where are the hide tags lol

Last edited:
This is a pretty strong team. It has great synergy and is a has a good mix of walls and offensive presence. If it only had Rapid Spin, it would be perfect. I can't think of too much to change, maybe Overheat over Dragon Pulse or HP Ice so you get more immediate power to KO certain things. Also since I brought up Rapid Spin, bulky Starmie could maybe be swapped for Jellicent, but I would understand if you wanted to keep Jelly. Not every team needs a spinner. I can't think of other spinners that could potentially fit well on this team... not off my head anyways. Without a spinner, you just need to watch out for Spikes, which two of your Pokemon avoid completely, so it's not as bad. Stealth Rocks are not super effective against anything on your team so that helps too.

Overall, great job!

If you would like a spinner who helps set up hazards, you could try Forretress:

Forry@Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpDef

Rapid Spin
Spikes
Volt Switch
Gyro Ball

Also, on Landorus, you should give HP Ice a try over Stone Edge. Although you have Ice moves on Jellicent and Heatran, Ice is always great to have loads of. You could even try Shadow Ball over Ice Beam, or Overheat over HP Ice. So, good luck with the team, and I hope I was able to help! :D

Also, I had better get my credit. >:(

Personally I dislike Forry, if I were to use him I would either lose a lot of defensive utility or synergy. CrobatFTW literally just said what I said over skype lol. I may need a spinner but I can't see what to use and what to use it over

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)