Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have an Ethernet cable :/ I am on a laptop so I'm basically running off wireless. Wouldn't I still be able to make a fake Ethernet connection though? I don't get why you need an Ethernet cable, I guess because it needs two different connections? I don't know, I'm only website making savvy, not with computers x_x
Yes, it needs one connection to the internet and one free connection.

After buying an adapter and running troubleshooters I think I figured out what my problem was.
The IP address generated by the both the adapter and the card inside my desktop is conflicting with my router somehow.
After getting the error I attempted to connect to the hotspot using my phone and it could never obtain the IP.
Does anyone have any suggestion on how to fix this?

Sure Why not, Have some I need to check too
Hey, did you by any chance see my shiny value?
something went wrong on my end, I'm guessing it was because I forgot to delete some internet settings and picked the wrong one, so I couldn't see anything >__<

On the other hand, does anyone else have any random eggs they want to get checked?

go ahead and add romeo
Hey, did you by any chance see my shiny value?
something went wrong on my end, I'm guessing it was because I forgot to delete some internet settings and picked the wrong one, so I couldn't see anything >__<

On the other hand, does anyone else have any random eggs they want to get checked?
Oh no sorry I'd be happy to check that for you if you'd like

go ahead and add romeo

Oh no sorry I'd be happy to check that for you if you'd like
Ah, that would be great if you would ! Thanks so much ~
I'm still trying to figure out the problem on my end >__<

oh wait, i got it working !!
thanks so much for all your help ! ; U ;

Last edited:
I keep getting the same message where InstaCheckHotspot keeps having an error saying "VirtualRouterPlus has stopped working", after opening the file. Any help?

I keep getting the same message where InstaCheckHotspot keeps having an error saying "VirtualRouterPlus has stopped working", after opening the file. Any help?
Go to services.msc from the start/search menu and make sure that WLAN autoconfig has started and is set to automatic.

Wow so I am an idiot lol, my virtual network is actually saying it is an ethernet connection and not wireless, but yet it just won't pop up in Pokecheck. Any ideas why?
Your virtual network won't show up as a sharing option because you shouldn't be connected to it. It'll only show whichever connections you're currently connecting to.

Your virtual network won't show up as a sharing option because you shouldn't be connected to it. It'll only show whichever connections you're currently connecting to.
I managed to get the access point to start with it connecting to the internet animation (which I did not get before) after I manually set the IP address & DNS for my Pokecheck network. The error my DS gives me is:
"The security key or DNS may have been entered incorrectly."
and 2 other irrelevant things. It's error code 003-2001 but I put in the right primary DNS and password. Any ideas?

I can't use this since I have a mac. Would anyone be able to help me check my Shiny value? Or do we both need to have the program running?

Windows doesn't start an DHCP server on the new connection, so you have to set the IP Address manually, it's also possible if Windows won't let you share the connection, that you have to set the IP Address of the connection manually (IP Address has to be the same as Gateway)
I'll make some pics later, and put them into the help :)
So manually putting in my IP address actually did make it almost work! It finally showed the connection connecting to the internet on my DS, but I still get an error code. This time my error code says that I have the wrong IP address / security key typed in, and I'm pretty sure I did the right thing. I put the IPv4 address of my wireless network as the IP of my Pokecheck network, am I supposed to do that? I think after I put in the gateway it worked

I managed to get the access point to start with it connecting to the internet animation (which I did not get before) after I manually set the IP address & DNS for my Pokecheck network. The error my DS gives me is:
"The security key or DNS may have been entered incorrectly."
and 2 other irrelevant things. It's error code 003-2001 but I put in the right primary DNS and password. Any ideas?
Nupe, I was trying to manually set it up yesterday, but I kept getting stuck there as well. I still don't think it'll work without an ethernet cable xD, but have you tried disabling your firewall? That's worked for some people.

I get the following error when I attempt to run

>The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation

WAT Do
Is your wireless turned on/enabled? If it is, try going to cmd (run as admin) and typing: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

Nupe, I was trying to manually set it up yesterday, but I kept getting stuck there as well. I still don't think it'll work without an ethernet cable xD, but have you tried disabling your firewall? That's worked for some people.
Just tried turning off my firewall, it didn't work :( And I swear it has to work with an ethernet cable! I'm sure not everyone here has one of those things cause I know a lot of us have laptops :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)