Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey just wondering if I ever do get a match and they decide to do it do you think it would be too much to ask them to Nickname it? since it won't be my ID/SID/OT
It honestly depends on the person !
I contacted someone via gamefaqs last night at 1am,
they helped hatch my shiny female eevee for them, then once I received it, I realized that I forgot to ask him to name it !

So THEN, he went back, we traded again, he went to the name rater and renamed it, and traded her back to me, with a rare berry attached ; U ; Very kind person indeed !

But yeah, I have a habit of naming all of my pokemon, so I always ask for them to name them for me ~

Oh! I created an addendum to your original troubleshooting guide. I was wondering if you could look it over

1B) If you're getting a "WinPcap is already installed on this machine. Press Ok if you want to force... " Press OK and force it.
If there are error messages about packet.dll or wpcap.dll (Error opening file for writing: C:\Windows\system32\wpcap.dll/packet.dll Click Abort to stop the installation, Retry to try again, or Ignore to skip this file.)

Go to C:\(or whichever drive you installed Windows on) -> Windows -> SysWOW64/System32 (if you're running a 32 bit version of windows) -> Find the files "packet.dll" and "wpcap.dll" and either rename them (ex. packet.dll.old) or delete them. After that, try reinstalling.

4A) If Instacheck getting an error as soon as you open it, go to Services.msc from the start/search menu and make sure that WLAN AutoConfig is set to Automatic and has started
View attachment 4526
4B) If the "Shared Connection:" bar is grayed out with no options, close Instacheck and run it as administrator (right mouse click -> Run as administrator)
View attachment 4527
6A) If your 3DS is failing the connection test, try disabling any firewalls you may be running on your computer.
I wish I understood what was going on here. I think some people are failing the test because they're not using an ethernet cable, but just wireless with a card that isn't capable of both receiving and transmitting a connection?
8A) If the line above "Start/Stop Scanning" is grayed out, WinPcap was not installed correctly. See 1B
NO PICTURE YET
Awesome Sheeplet, I was planning to do the same lol! This is perfect I sent it to Donut lol

People i, have a tourny in my country sunday, but i really want to use shinies.. if anyone ONLINE here have this. Shinys values?

Please PM me faster

Alright, well I got mine working today. The reason it worked today was because the free trial for the upgraded version of my avast antivirus ended today and it stripped away the firewall for the basic free version. My Windows firewall is still up, though.
While I still had avast's firewall, I did try to add VirtualRouterPlus as an exception, but I guess I did it wrong, or it never worked anyway. Who knows?

So yeah, if you're having the issue where during the connection test you can connect the 3DS to the hotspot but can't get Internet on the 3DS, it's probably because of your antivirus program's firewall. Try turning off/disabling the firewall completely in the antivirus program, and if that doesn't work, and you're desperate, try uninstalling your antivirus program (at your own risk).

Also, I tried getting this program to work on my Windows Vista laptop, but I had the issue where as soon as I launched the application, it popped up the message that said that it wasn't responding and would close instantly. A crucial clue I discovered was that in the section to turn Windows features on or off (part of a fix suggested by ImmuneSquirtle in page 5 of this thread, second-to-last post from the bottom) (location: Start>Control Panel>Programs>Turn Windows features on or off under Programs and Features), I noticed that it listed my Microsoft .NET version as 1.1, when I was certain that I downloaded version 4.5.1 from their website. No matter how many times I looked it up on my computer, initialized the installer, and force re-installed version 4.5.1, it always said it was still version 1.1 in the Windows features list.

So I recently had mine working. I tried it again today, and I got the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation", Virtual Router Plus could not be started when I pressed the Start Hotspot. I tried restarting/shutting down my computer and doing the command prompt thing. Anyone know of any ways to fix this?

Im still here and my problem doesnt looks like it will be solved anytime soon. I think i've just foundend the worst problem that i could ever get. If someone is interested, look at my previous replys.

FOR EVERYONE THAT WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM THAT I HAD: i solved everything deplugging the internet connection when the hotspot was online.

since i couldnt find a solution to my problem (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) File not Found
can someone help me with finding my Shiny Value and checking IVs and Values on Eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)