Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey hey, I've been trying to get this to work for two days, and I've done everything I could think of and it's still giving me an "Internet Connection Sharing NOT Installed" error. If someone could help me out here, PM me?

Well then, tried everything I could outside of reinstalling my OS. Which I'm not doing, lol. If anyone has time, I'd love to get some eggs looked at. Also open to help others hatch if you need it, my TSV is in my sig along with my friend code.

Hey guys i've had instacheck working before (yesterday) i'm using windows 7 on a laptop. Followed all the steps (it was working perfectly yesterday)
basically i'd start up instacheck and it would activate my wireless network connection 2 (microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter) however, today when i try to use it i get an error message in instacheck ("The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation") After reading through many solutions on here and trying all i could see i haven't been able to fix this issue.

the things i've tried:
- restarting computer
- redownloading instacheck / reinstalling WinPcap
- going to CMD and typing netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow which worked (it said The hosted network has been set to allow)
- in CMD typing netsh wlan show drivers which shows that has Hosted Network Supported : Yes
- restarting computer again
- doing all updates on my computer
- updating drivers on networks
- tried plugging laptop in router via ethernet to try to connect that way (same error)
- deleted packet.dll and reinstalled WinPcap
- disabled and re-enabled my networks
- i'm sure there are other things as well that i've tried but have not worked but all suggestions are welcome! :D

Would someone help me ID some of my eggs? PM me if you can, please. If I get any extras, I'll give them to you to pay you back. :)

My shiny value is 968. While I'm not going to go out of my way to hunt down people with the same shiny value as my eggs, if you have one with my SV I'll gladly take it :3

i installed Wincap. I downloaded and extracted the NEW Standalone version now called Instacheck Extended made by Reddit. But My PC won't let me install it. I get a Error message " program not a vaild Win32 application" What's going on?

i installed Wincap. I downloaded and extracted the NEW Standalone version now called Instacheck Extended made by Reddit. But My PC won't let me install it. I get a Error message " program not a vaild Win32 application" What's going on?
You need to install .NET Framework 4.5

Hey guys i've had instacheck working before (yesterday) i'm using windows 7 on a laptop. Followed all the steps (it was working perfectly yesterday)
basically i'd start up instacheck and it would activate my wireless network connection 2 (microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter) however, today when i try to use it i get an error message in instacheck ("The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation") After reading through many solutions on here and trying all i could see i haven't been able to fix this issue.

the things i've tried:
- restarting computer
- redownloading instacheck / reinstalling WinPcap
- going to CMD and typing netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow which worked (it said The hosted network has been set to allow)
- in CMD typing netsh wlan show drivers which shows that has Hosted Network Supported : Yes
- restarting computer again
- doing all updates on my computer
- updating drivers on networks
- tried plugging laptop in router via ethernet to try to connect that way (same error)
- deleted packet.dll and reinstalled WinPcap
- disabled and re-enabled my networks
- i'm sure there are other things as well that i've tried but have not worked but all suggestions are welcome! :D
Is it Windows 7 Starter? Do you have sharing turned on on all your networks? Open CDM and type "netsh wlan start hostednetwork". I'm trying to think of all the issues I had with mine.

Hey, have anyone come across this issue before? Whenever I try to connect to the hotspot I get a '003-1101' error. I FINALLY my 3ds to find the hotspot and now I encounter another problem. I notice that it would connect shortly the first time then after that it would give me this error.

Here's a link to the Microsoft download page (complete with system requirements and installation instructions):

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653

Shouldn't make your computer act weird haha. You can always uninstall it if you think anything is wrong.
I checked it out and 4.5 isn't compatible with my laptop that runs XP Home. Will .NET Framework 3.5 make me be able to install instacheck? Is there other comparable virtual hotspot app?

Okay, so I finally got Instacheck to work by using the Standalone version. However, when I trade with someone and select "show", my info appears on the side of the box where the other trainer's info is supposed to appear. And when the other person shows me something, it's info does not appear. I've attached a screenshot. I really hope someone can help me with this; I was so excited when I thought I finally had this program running but am crushed to find it only works half of the way and even then works very oddly.

Attachments

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I checked it out and 4.5 isn't compatible with my laptop that runs XP Home. Will .NET Framework 3.5 make me be able to install instacheck? Is there other comparable virtual hotspot app?
hmm. Well, according to the first post, you just need to have at least 3.5 so that should be fine. I was trying to get it to work on a XP too and I couldn't figure it out unfortunately (eventually got it to work on a Win 7 desktop). Looking at the Virtual Router plus website seems to indicate that it's only for Vista and later. So you may be out of luck, but I could be wrong :)

I've heard of people having relative success with Connectify and with a similar program from Reddit. I really don't know anything about those programs though. Sorry

Sooo i've been using it flawlessly for about a week. Now all of a sudden when I try and connect to the hotspot I can't.
-My Wifi is on, and working fine.
-My Hotspot is 5 bars
-My DS is right next to the laptop where i'm running the hotspot.

Any ideas? It says: 'Could not connect to the access point' Error Code: 003-1101

It was working fine before, and I haven't changed anything.

hmm. Well, according to the first post, you just need to have at least 3.5 so that should be fine. I was trying to get it to work on a XP too and I couldn't figure it out unfortunately (eventually got it to work on a Win 7 desktop). Looking at the Virtual Router plus website seems to indicate that it's only for Vista and later. So you may be out of luck, but I could be wrong :)

I've heard of people having relative success with Connectify and with a similar program from Reddit. I really don't know anything about those programs though. Sorry
ok so plan B is Connectify. Can I still download the Extended standalone and regular version after installing Connectify? hopefully having already installed WinCap won't conflict with Connectify

From what i've been told Instacheck doesn't work on XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)