General Introduce yourself!

Hi! I'm Ravi Kumar from India. I created an account here mainly for learning about competitive battling and interacting with people who are experts at it as I'm new to it. But I'm excited to explore the forums. Oh and I'm on PS as well with the same name.

Hi! I'm Ravi Kumar from India. I created an account here mainly for learning about competitive battling and interacting with people who are experts at it as I'm new to it. But I'm excited to explore the forums. Oh and I'm on PS as well with the same name.
Ah welcome to smogon Ravi Kumar n_n and I hope you're having a good time on smogon! I see you enjoy competitive discussion may I suggest trying this forum it's a place to discuss competitive battling and there are things such as projects, challenges and even tours so it's a fun place to be! If you're wanting to learn about Competitive Battling be sure to try the Competitive tutoring room on smogon! Anyways, don't be hesitated to ask any questions to me or even this forum!

Have a nice day!

Hey Smogon! My IGN is CanadianCyanide and my favorite Pokemon is Greninja. I've been playing since DPP, but I was never old enough to really be serious with it until X and Y came out and I started to competitively battle, train, and breed. If I had to pick a favorite game, it would either be X and Y because it had character customization and it's when my friends got me into competitive, or ORAS because it's basically X and Y with more Mega Evolutions, features, and the Hoenn region from RSE. I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a few days, and I've been doing pretty well in Battle Spot Singles and OU Singles, so feel free to challenge me and my rain team. My IGN is the same as it is here. I came to Smogon because I'm a big Pokemon fan, and I want to be able to talk to other competitive players, battle and trade with them, and get some advice and tips with my team. This is getting pretty long, so I'm going to end it off here, but thanks for reading my post!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey Smogon! My IGN is CanadianCyanide and my favorite Pokemon is Greninja. I've been playing since DPP, but I was never old enough to really be serious with it until X and Y came out and I started to competitively battle, train, and breed. If I had to pick a favorite game, it would either be X and Y because it had character customization and it's when my friends got me into competitive, or ORAS because it's basically X and Y with more Mega Evolutions, features, and the Hoenn region from RSE. I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a few days, and I've been doing pretty well in Battle Spot Singles and OU Singles, so feel free to challenge me and my rain team. My IGN is the same as it is here. I came to Smogon because I'm a big Pokemon fan, and I want to be able to talk to other competitive players, battle and trade with them, and get some advice and tips with my team. This is getting pretty long, so I'm going to end it off here, but thanks for reading my post!
What's up CanadianCyanide, welcome to Smogon, it's great to see you joined us ! I've also been playing since DPP, but unlike you, I was competitive right from the get-go. Anyway, if you're interested in getting even more into competitive Pokemon, head over to the Battle Spot or OU forums. Each forum has several threads with useful information & a myriad of threads that you can participate in, so don't be afraid to jump right in. If you wanna battle, feel free to drop me a message on PS (I use the same name there.) If you need any further help, feel free to send me a PM. We're glad to have you here & we hope you have a fantastic time !

Hey, I'm Enchi. I've posted a few times before, and I've screwed up, but yeah.
I started playing Pokemon when I stole my brother's Gameboy and played on his Pokemon Red, and I've been addicted to it ever since. I joined PS at around 2013 but delayed registering on my accounts, so people think I joined later.
My favorite Pokemon is either Reshiram or Dewott.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey, I'm Enchi. I've posted a few times before, and I've screwed up, but yeah.
I started playing Pokemon when I stole my brother's Gameboy and played on his Pokemon Red, and I've been addicted to it ever since. I joined PS at around 2013 but delayed registering on my accounts, so people think I joined later.
My favorite Pokemon is either Reshiram or Dewott.
Hello Renegade Enchidio. Welcome to Smogon. Is there a certain part on the forums you are particularly looking to get into? For example, competitive discussions, Wi-Fi, art, tournaments, etc. Let me know! Also, if you have any questions, it'd be good to ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread or shoot me a PM. Hope you enjoy your time on the forums.

I really want to get into the ranking lists and discussion about them (unless that's not allowed). Otherwise, I plan on going to competitive discussions. For now, I'm in rate my team.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
I really want to get into the ranking lists and discussion about them (unless that's not allowed). Otherwise, I plan on going to competitive discussions. For now, I'm in rate my team.
I think Competitive Discussions sounds like a good place to be for you, same for Rate My Team. I wish you the best of luck!

After three failed attempts due to computer problems, I can hopefully properly post things now. I'm tyarrow1, and I like other metas a lot.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
After three failed attempts due to computer problems, I can hopefully properly post things now. I'm tyarrow1, and I like other metas a lot.
Hi tyarrow1, welcome to Smogon Forums! So, you like Other Metas? Me too! Fortunately, there's a place on the forums for that! In the Competitive Discussions forum, you can find the Other Metagames thread here. There's also an Other Metas room on Pokémon Showdown, so you should check that out! Also, if you have any questions, send me a PM or ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread to get an answer almost immediately! Glad you could be with us!

Hello all!

I've used Smogon for awhile, but I joined officially to get help and give help for 6th gen.

I was out of the Poke-loop for a few years, and I'm really grateful for Smogon while getting into ORAS.

Thanks!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hello all!

I've used Smogon for awhile, but I joined officially to get help and give help for 6th gen.

I was out of the Poke-loop for a few years, and I'm really grateful for Smogon while getting into ORAS.

Thanks!
Hello BCJohnson, welcome to Smogon! Is there a certain part on the forums you are looking to get into? For example, competitive discussions, Wi-Fi, art, battling, tournaments, etc. Also, do you have any questions? If so, it'd be good to ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread or send me a PM. Welcome, once again, and we hope to hear from you.

Hey everyone.

I recently started competitive battling, and I am looking for some help (mainly with teambuilding) which is why I joined the forum.

I am also looking for people to trade with since I only have one 3DS and no friends who are playing the game. This has unfortunately limited me to only use Showdown this far.

Welcome man! Can say nothing that's not been said in the posts above (scroll abit in the previous posts to find info about teambuilding help). You'll find that there's alot to learn, just don't forget to enjoy yourself while you do!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey everyone.

I recently started competitive battling, and I am looking for some help (mainly with teambuilding) which is why I joined the forum.

I am also looking for people to trade with since I only have one 3DS and no friends who are playing the game. This has unfortunately limited me to only use Showdown this far.
Hi CQcumber454, welcome! I hear you want help with teambuilding! There a place on the forums for this, called the Battling 101 program where you can even apply for a tutor to help you! Also, you should visit the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokémon Showdown's main server if you haven't already to receive even more guidance. Also, looking for friends to trade with? Try the Wi-Fi forum! There's even a room on Pokémon Showdown for that too! Hope you settlle in, PM me with any questions!

Greetings. My name is Dillon and I have been playing Pokémon since Generation 3. I have collected loads of TGC cards, and once competed and won a Pokémon TGC Tournament in my local hometown. I have come to Smogon to share my thoughts and other things I know of Pokémon to add to your collections, and to make myself a better TGC player and video game player.

I've answered your set questions also:

• Your favourite Pokémon?: Hmm... My newer gen Pokémon I like is Escavilier, but my older Pokémon I like consists of Delibird, Zangoose, Sevipre, Magmortar, but he isn't too old, and Skarmory.
  • Are you on PS?: I used to have an old Pokémon Showdown account when it was new, but I believe I stopped using it a long time ago.
  • What you plan to do here? I kinda already explained it but I don't wanna explain it again :/
  • Things you might need help with?: I want to find out how to perfect my skills on EV and IV training and how to use egg moves to help my gameplay, but I really am vain enough in myself to believe I am not too shabby of a Pokémon trainer.
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that?: I'm a city slicker, Vanilla Ice from the 90's, not the 00's and current time. I love to watch esports and binge watch TV shows. Currently applying for a job, but my life isn't too interesting.
  • Favourite Pokemon games?: Pokémon Firered, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon White, Pokémon X. I love Pokémon Snap, but it's more of a knock-off Pokémon game.
Yeah that's all I got for now. Can't wait to see what cool stuff awaits me on Smogon!

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
]Greetings. My name is Dillon and I have been playing Pokémon since Generation 3. I have collected loads of TGC cards, and once competed and won a Pokémon TGC Tournament in my local hometown. I have come to Smogon to share my thoughts and other things I know of Pokémon to add to your collections, and to make myself a better TGC player and video game player.

I've answered your set questions also:

• Your favourite Pokémon?: Hmm... My newer gen Pokémon I like is Escavilier, but my older Pokémon I like consists of Delibird, Zangoose, Sevipre, Magmortar, but he isn't too old, and Skarmory.
  • Are you on PS?: I used to have an old Pokémon Showdown account when it was new, but I believe I stopped using it a long time ago.
  • What you plan to do here? I kinda already explained it but I don't wanna explain it again :/
  • Things you might need help with?: I want to find out how to perfect my skills on EV and IV training and how to use egg moves to help my gameplay, but I really am vain enough in myself to believe I am not too shabby of a Pokémon trainer.
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that?: I'm a city slicker, Vanilla Ice from the 90's, not the 00's and current time. I love to watch esports and binge watch TV shows. Currently applying for a job, but my life isn't too interesting.
  • Favourite Pokemon games?: Pokémon Firered, Pokémon Emerald, Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon White, Pokémon X. I love Pokémon Snap, but it's more of a knock-off Pokémon game.
Yeah that's all I got for now. Can't wait to see what cool stuff awaits me on Smogon!
Welcome to Smogon OG DefNotAPichu, we're glad you decided to join us ! I myself have been collecting and still do collect TCG cards (I have quite a few gems, might I add. If you're looking to share your knowledge of the TCG, then the Traditional Games room on Pokemon Showdown is the perfect place to go not only to share your knowledge, but to gain new knowledge along the way ! If you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM, and I'll gladly help you out. We're glad to have you here and we hope you have a great stay !

Hey I just got here and stuff, I guess I'll just answer all those bullet points.
Favorite Pokemon is tied between salamence and metagross
I am on pokemon showdown, my username there is pansexual bird cause gay bird was already taken
I plan to try and learn more about the competitive scene and try and understand how to put a team together and figure out what common threats are and how they work and stuff. I need a lot of help with all that stuff.
In real life I'm a musician and bird owner, and filmmaking is more of a hobby I guess.
Favorite Pokemon game is emerald version. Though the mechanics in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes make so much more sense, nothing beats the nostalgia.

Hello

Hello everyone. I am relatively new on the site. I had no idea what to do so I posted in this thread. My favorite Pokemon game is Soul Silver. I am a really good Pokemon player who loves to trade and battle. I have Alpha Sapphire but I think that Sapphire for the Game Boy Advanced was way better. I started playing In the first gen and my first game was Green. If you want to know anything else feel free to message me.
upload_2016-2-17_22-38-23.png

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey I just got here and stuff, I guess I'll just answer all those bullet points.
Favorite Pokemon is tied between salamence and metagross
I am on pokemon showdown, my username there is pansexual bird cause gay bird was already taken
I plan to try and learn more about the competitive scene and try and understand how to put a team together and figure out what common threats are and how they work and stuff. I need a lot of help with all that stuff.
In real life I'm a musician and bird owner, and filmmaking is more of a hobby I guess.
Favorite Pokemon game is emerald version. Though the mechanics in the Ruby and Sapphire remakes make so much more sense, nothing beats the nostalgia.

Hello
Hello everyone. I am relatively new on the site. I had no idea what to do so I posted in this thread. My favorite Pokemon game is Soul Silver. I am a really good Pokemon player who loves to trade and battle. I have Alpha Sapphire but I think that Sapphire for the Game Boy Advanced was way better. I started playing In the first gen and my first game was Green. If you want to know anything else feel free to message me.
View attachment 57208
Hello Gay Bird and King Silver! Welcome to Smogon Forums! Is there a certain place on the forums you two are looking to find and get into? If so, please do let me know so I can show you how to get involved! Also, do you guys have questions? If so, send me a PM or ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread for an almost immediate answer. We hope you guys enjoy your time on the forums!

Hello Gay Bird and King Silver! Welcome to Smogon Forums! Is there a certain place on the forums you two are looking to find and get into? If so, please do let me know so I can show you how to get involved! Also, do you guys have questions? If so, send me a PM or ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread for an almost immediate answer. We hope you guys enjoy your time on the forums!
Thanks for the warm welcome! My first deal is trying to figure out a solid team to get some experience with. I'll probably be posting a thread in the rate my team section as soon as I get through reading all those rules

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the warm welcome! My first deal is trying to figure out a solid team to get some experience with. I'll probably be posting a thread in the rate my team section as soon as I get through reading all those rules
If you ever need helping building a team, you can check out the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokemon Showdown, or you can take a look at the Competitive Discussion forum. If you're making a team for OU, go to the OU sub-forum, and there will be lots of resources (such as the roles compendium, checks compendium, viability rankings) that can aid you in team-building. If you have any questions about your team, PM me, and I'll see what can be done. Have a nice day! :toast:

Hey There !:) Im Lennart and im new on the smogon forums^^im from Germany so correct me if my english is wrong :P i am a competitive Player since 2 years and i will be always up for a battle in oras or xy !:D i personally like the lower Tiers the most und i have nearly no experience with uber(except in vgc)so it would be really nice if someone helps me to get better in that Tier too .I am on PS but i had to create a new account after i get an new pc so my Rating is still very low but i plan to Play a Little bit more again .my Name on PS is mystogan99_lennart . My plans on smogon are to get new contacts and to find good battle Partners to Exchange experiences and stuff like that ^^my favourite pokemon is ...hmm I have many but at the Moment amoongus is one of my absolute favourites ,in a competitive and personal way (love trolling with (double)spore :V)well i hope to have a good time :)

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey There !:) Im Lennart and im new on the smogon forums^^im from Germany so correct me if my english is wrong :P i am a competitive Player since 2 years and i will be always up for a battle in oras or xy !:D i personally like the lower Tiers the most und i have nearly no experience with uber(except in vgc)so it would be really nice if someone helps me to get better in that Tier too .I am on PS but i had to create a new account after i get an new pc so my Rating is still very low but i plan to Play a Little bit more again .my Name on PS is mystogan99_lennart . My plans on smogon are to get new contacts and to find good battle Partners to Exchange experiences and stuff like that ^^my favourite pokemon is ...hmm I have many but at the Moment amoongus is one of my absolute favourites ,in a competitive and personal way (love trolling with (double)spore :V)well i hope to have a good time :)
Hi there Lennart! I'd love to battle you sometime, send me a PM and we can figure what time is best for both of us! If I can recommend an area on the forums for you... I think you'd fit in well in Competitive Discussions! You can find that located here. They talk about competitive Pokemon, it's a really good atmosphere to be in! Also, do you have questions? If so, send me a PM or ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread to get an answer! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)