General Introduce yourself!

yeah i used a capital mu, because it looks the exact same :)

I'm really just taken aback by how many different forums there are :O I guess I was just expecting like a forum for teams, and one for general discussion but there are like 20 others! Feeling pretty lost atm xP
Yeah, it's pretty tricky. What are you looking for in particular?

Yeah, it's pretty tricky. What are you looking for in particular?
I was looking for the general metagame discussion forum and found it :) some of my friends from showdown were telling me about the greninja suspect testing and I wanted to see what all the hullaballoo was about. That's actually why I made an account in the first place

Hey everyone, I'm dashroom. Been playing since Gen II and showdown for a while, but only really got into competitive play in X and Y. Figured it was time to make an account and I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about competitive play!

hellpowna

beware of coco
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Thanks man but i'm still not sure how i sign up
Well..everymonth sign up are open, for example next sign up will open next month or in the end of january. Check it out the Battling 101, you can easily find it on the forum

Hey everyone, I'm dashroom. Been playing since Gen II and showdown for a while, but only really got into competitive play in X and Y. Figured it was time to make an account and I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about competitive play!
Hi dashroom! You seem pretty experienced with the cartridge games, so you should have a smooth transition here. Let me know if you need any help.

Hi, I'm Wolflink88.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was a child, but I only approached to the competitive side thanks to XY and the discovery of Showdown, and so I started playing in the OU metagame, and now I subscribed here to partecipate to the future suspect and tournaments, and also to become a better player.
See you around :)

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi, I'm Wolflink88.
I've been playing Pokémon since I was a child, but I only approached to the competitive side thanks to XY and the discovery of Showdown, and so I started playing in the OU metagame, and now I subscribed here to partecipate to the future suspect and tournaments, and also to become a better player.
See you around :)
Hey Wolflink88!
Welcome! Have you visited the "OverUsed" room in Showdown? It's a place where you can discuss everything about the tier with other users like you! You should also try out the "Tournaments" room, where they host tournaments regularly. If you need any help with competitive battling, PM a mentor. Have fun, and ask questions if you have any!

If I want help with finishing making an OU team, would I get a mentor? boltsandbombers gave me several helpful forums on teambuilding and good cores and I have a start, but I'm not ready to make a RMT. I also like the idea of battle 101, but lack the time because my schedule is crazy.

QueBien

If I want help with finishing making an OU team, would I get a mentor? boltsandbombers gave me several helpful forums on teambuilding and good cores and I have a start, but I'm not ready to make a RMT. I also like the idea of battle 101, but lack the time because my schedule is crazy.
Yes, that is one option. Here is a list of mentors you can PM for help. You can also visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room in Showdown for some help. In addition, there is this guide with a section on teambuilding. Pick one or more of these options and good luck!

So many awesome resources. I love it. Thank you everyone for all your insights! I recently got the trophies at the Battle Maison in ORAS for Super Singles and Super Doubles. It was largely because of the lurking I did on the Battle Maison thread her on Smogon that helped get me that far. I got brave enough to get back into the Battle Spot and have actually won a few battles.....I've lost more than I've won, but I am enjoying it. I am going to venture over to a RMT thread at some point for some more suggestions.

QueBien

So many awesome resources. I love it. Thank you everyone for all your insights! I recently got the trophies at the Battle Maison in ORAS for Super Singles and Super Doubles. It was largely because of the lurking I did on the Battle Maison thread her on Smogon that helped get me that far. I got brave enough to get back into the Battle Spot and have actually won a few battles.....I've lost more than I've won, but I am enjoying it. I am going to venture over to a RMT thread at some point for some more suggestions.
Hello Genie!
Welcome to Smogon! I agree, I love that Smogon has so many resources available! n_n If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask; we will be glad to help you in any way we can. You can also PM a mentor for competitive help. As for ORAS, maybe you should give the "ORAS" room in Showdown a try! You can talk about in-game there. Also visit the "Wi-Fi" room if you would like to battle or trade with other users. Have a good time and have fun with the RMT thread!

Hi! My name is Bruno, But you may call me Ambition or Ambi!. Im 23 years old and i always liked pokemon, always played on a pc GBA emulator since my mother didnt want to buy me one, so i never really heard about competitive pokemon... until now that i found lots of youtubers and Showdown... and im tbh really freaking excited about this all again and i want to do my best to rank up !.... that being said i salute ya all! BYE!

QueBien

Hi! My name is Bruno, But you may call me Ambition or Ambi!. Im 23 years old and i always liked pokemon, always played on a pc GBA emulator since my mother didnt want to buy me one, so i never really heard about competitive pokemon... until now that i found lots of youtubers and Showdown... and im tbh really freaking excited about this all again and i want to do my best to rank up !.... that being said i salute ya all! BYE!
Hey PureAmbition!
Ah, the Gameboy Advance. Good times...even if I didn't have one until just a year or two back. .-. Since you are new to competitive battling, go here for some starting information of the basics and for some information of the different tiers. Find a few you like and delve deeper in those areas! :) Anyways, have fun finding your niche here at Smogon!

Hey all, my Name is Pas i'm 19years old and the First gen i used to Play was yellow and got all later gen's too. I'm from Germany and my english isn't that well sorry for this ._.
I'm trying to get better in ranked online Battles and catching shiny's (i love shinys ^_^)
Guess this was enough about myself :3
I'm looking forward to get some Nice informations and maybe some help here, ty all and have a good day guys

hellpowna

beware of coco
Hey all, my Name is Pas i'm 19years old and the First gen i used to Play was yellow and got all later gen's too. I'm from Germany and my english isn't that well sorry for this ._.
I'm trying to get better in ranked online Battles and catching shiny's (i love shinys ^_^)
Guess this was enough about myself :3
I'm looking forward to get some Nice informations and maybe some help here, ty all and have a good day guys
Hello and welcome on smogon! Well my english isnt good too, but its not a problem tho. If you need info or helps you can contact me via mp or just leaving a message on my profile. I'll give you everyinfo u want

Hi, I recently confirmed my account here! I'm Silverangel (it's also my PS name), and while I am new to the forums I do have experience in competitive battling. I hope to learn more from the various topics here.

hellpowna

beware of coco
Hi, I recently confirmed my account here! I'm Silverangel (it's also my PS name), and while I am new to the forums I do have experience in competitive battling. I hope to learn more from the various topics here.
Hi man, and welcome! If you need guides or learning how to play, build erc you can check the b101 project. If you wanna see how much you are good, you could try to visit the tournament topic.if you need help dont hesitate to ask me!

Hello Guys! Im Pixelmaniac, and I just confirmed this account. Im new to forums, but I know how competitive works and I like to experiment with different pokemon in weird ways. If you look at my account, the age is actually fake. I don't want to give too much personal information about myself because of safety reasons. I want to learn mainly about OU, because thats my weakest point in battling. Other than that, nice to meet you all!

QueBien

Hello Guys! Im Pixelmaniac, and I just confirmed this account. Im new to forums, but I know how competitive works and I like to experiment with different pokemon in weird ways. If you look at my account, the age is actually fake. I don't want to give too much personal information about myself because of safety reasons. I want to learn mainly about OU, because thats my weakest point in battling. Other than that, nice to meet you all!
Hey Pixelmaniac!
If you have any questions about the site, feel free to ask. I also consider myself an "original" player, using creative Pokemon as much as possible. I must confess, my age is also fake, as I share similar concerns about privacy and safety. :3 You can hide your age, however, by visiting the "Personal Details" section of your profile and unchecking the "Show Age" box. As for OU, consider visiting the "OverUsed" room in Showdown for a start, and visit this site, too, for some help with restrictions in the tier. You can also try this page for the OU section; it is useful to learn the tier's background and other information about it. Lastly, if you would like some help with competitive aspects such as teambuilding, visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room and/or PM a mentor. Have fun, and I'll see you around!

Hi people I'm Frostyboy808 from the islands of Hawaii I'm a new user to smogon and I just wanted to introduce my self to you guys

So I'm 14 oldest of 4 boys. I have been playing pokemon since gen 3. I started playing competetive battling since x and y. I enjoy battles and getting to know other trainers.

I enjoy playing in the ubers tier ou and uu tiers

The Name is Phantom0x0, I'm not too new to the competitive battling scene, but neither am I a veteran. I always wanted to get into meta game battling, but beings as I am the only one of my friends that are interested and that "You can't battle over the internet unless your at a McDonalds" thing Nintendo had Gen 5 back, it wasn't until X/Y that I could actually realize this dream. (I also frequent the PS battling scene as well under the same name). I have played all but Gen 5 (got 5 hours into it and gave it away) and I also have a good amount of experience with everything competitive battling (i.e. Breeding, IVs, EVs, Egg Moves, etc.). I Basically made an account to get to know other people that enjoy CB since there is a lack of people I know that do and it makes for a very boring experience.

Few things about me:
Favorite Pokemon: Haunter and Magneton until Y came out and Aegislash took the number on spot.
Favorite Generation: Generation 2
Favorite Starter: Torchic
Favorite Type: Ghost
Favorite Move: Curse (Not competitively just in general (I find it funny tbh)

Atm I am taking a break using my 3DS (I only have Y waiting until I get AS/OR to resume) so I am only using PS for the time being anything else you would like to know just hit me up.

QueBien

Hi people I'm Frostyboy808 from the islands of Hawaii I'm a new user to smogon and I just wanted to introduce my self to you guys

So I'm 14 oldest of 4 boys. I have been playing pokemon since gen 3. I started playing competetive battling since x and y. I enjoy battles and getting to know other trainers.

I enjoy playing in the ubers tier ou and uu tiers
Hi Frostyboy808!
Welcome! I have also been playing since Gen 3 (Emerald), and I also started competitive since XY! I play mostly in OU, Balanced Hackmons, 1v1, and LC, but I do play many of the other tiers (if not all). If you have any questions, please ask; otherwise have fun!
The Name is Phantom0x0, I'm not too new to the competitive battling scene, but neither am I a veteran. I always wanted to get into meta game battling, but beings as I am the only one of my friends that are interested and that "You can't battle over the internet unless your at a McDonalds" thing Nintendo had Gen 5 back, it wasn't until X/Y that I could actually realize this dream. (I also frequent the PS battling scene as well under the same name). I have played all but Gen 5 (got 5 hours into it and gave it away) and I also have a good amount of experience with everything competitive battling (i.e. Breeding, IVs, EVs, Egg Moves, etc.). I Basically made an account to get to know other people that enjoy CB since there is a lack of people I know that do and it makes for a very boring experience.

Few things about me:
Favorite Pokemon: Haunter and Magneton until Y came out and Aegislash took the number on spot.
Favorite Generation: Generation 2
Favorite Starter: Torchic
Favorite Type: Ghost
Favorite Move: Curse (Not competitively just in general (I find it funny tbh)

Atm I am taking a break using my 3DS (I only have Y waiting until I get AS/OR to resume) so I am only using PS for the time being anything else you would like to know just hit me up.
Hey Phantom0x0!
I wouldn't consider myself a veteran just yet, but I think I'm getting pretty close. I have played all but Generations 1 and 2 ( :[ ), but I very much enjoy what I have played. You seem to already know your way around, so I'll just say: if you need help, ask away! Have a good time here on Smogon and in Showdown!

As for me....
Favorite Pokemon: Bisharp and Lucario
Favorite Generation: Generation 3
Favorite Starter: Torchic! <3 (my first Pokemon ever)
Favorite Type: Steel
Favorite Move: Splash (but only when a shiny level 100 Magikarp named "Arceus" uses it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)