General Introduce yourself!

Whelp, hello everyone. My name's Kurtis, I'm living in Madison, WI right now, but I grew up in Green Bay (how 'bout dem dere Packers?) I've been lurking Smogon, especially the StrategyDex for...I dunno since the summer before entering college I think. I'm a Sophomore at the UW now. I haven't been able to play too many metas, mostly OU and UU for me. I almost always run Special Attacker Nidoking, and am patiently waiting for Sinnoh remakes. That or a second remake of Kanto. Oh, and I study Russian Language.
Hey Welcome, if you want to know more about OU and UU I recommend checking out their respective forums( http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/overused.281/ & http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/underused.288/ ). If you have nay questions or just want to chat feel free to Pm me. Also be sure to use our mentorship help function ( http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/help ) if you need help getting more acquainted with the smogon community.

Hello! My name is Ian and I am a very recent member that joined the Smogon forums around a week ago. The way I found Smogon was actually quite unusual... I was playing a Pokemon mod in Minecraft, and got onto a server where there was some competitive battling. Then some guy on there helped me out a bit and taught me how to EV train and build teams, which got me quite interested (I barely knew anything about Pokemon at the time). I started looking up movesets for Pokemon on Google, and found that Smogon was a very useful site. I got quite decent, and started to get bored, so I bought a copy of Pokemon for my 3DS (which I never used). I got quite addicted, and memorized almost every Pokemon in a few days and started playing all the time for weeks, trying to come up with strategies. I've never actually done a real competitive match before, as I am still figuring out how to make a successful team (any advice would be appreciated :p). The tiers that seem to be my favorite are definitely UU and OU. I've been looking on Smogon for a little while now, although I am completely new to the forums.

Salutations, all o/ I'm technically called Noah, but 95% of people online just call me Moku (I really don't have a preference tbh; call me what you will :p). Yeah, yeah I'm a yugioh player on a pokemon forum, ik xD but I do thoroughly enjoy both games. Been playing both for years now and only learned how to be good at both about a year back (although "good" is a relative term). I've been visiting Smogon for almost a year now, and since most sites I used to forum on are dead now, I thought that I'd finally make an account here. Hoping to spend a good amount of time in here when I'm not getting whooped in Showdown or DevPro; yinz seem like a pretty cool crowd. Anyone who uses chatango, duels, or is a staunch advocate of the Trunked Wonder that is Donphan is cordially invited to pm me; anyone else is slightly-less-cordially invited to pm me :P I don't bite (or crunch)

Hello! My name is Ian and I am a very recent member that joined the Smogon forums around a week ago. The way I found Smogon was actually quite unusual... I was playing a Pokemon mod in Minecraft, and got onto a server where there was some competitive battling. Then some guy on there helped me out a bit and taught me how to EV train and build teams, which got me quite interested (I barely knew anything about Pokemon at the time). I started looking up movesets for Pokemon on Google, and found that Smogon was a very useful site. I got quite decent, and started to get bored, so I bought a copy of Pokemon for my 3DS (which I never used). I got quite addicted, and memorized almost every Pokemon in a few days and started playing all the time for weeks, trying to come up with strategies. I've never actually done a real competitive match before, as I am still figuring out how to make a successful team (any advice would be appreciated :p). The tiers that seem to be my favorite are definitely UU and OU. I've been looking on Smogon for a little while now, although I am completely new to the forums.
Well Welcome to smogon. If you like OU and UU I would check out their respective forums. If you want some ideas for teams I recommend checking out this thread : http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-good-cores.3524713/ . If you need help getting antiquated with area of the forums you can use the mentorship help form : http://www.smogon.com/mentorship/help . If you have any more questions or want to cant feel free to PM me.

Salutations, all o/ I'm technically called Noah, but 95% of people online just call me Moku (I really don't have a preference tbh; call me what you will :p). Yeah, yeah I'm a yugioh player on a pokemon forum, ik xD but I do thoroughly enjoy both games. Been playing both for years now and only learned how to be good at both about a year back (although "good" is a relative term). I've been visiting Smogon for almost a year now, and since most sites I used to forum on are dead now, I thought that I'd finally make an account here. Hoping to spend a good amount of time in here when I'm not getting whooped in Showdown or DevPro; yinz seem like a pretty cool crowd. Anyone who uses chatango, duels, or is a staunch advocate of the Trunked Wonder that is Donphan is cordially invited to pm me; anyone else is slightly-less-cordially invited to pm me :P I don't bite (or crunch)
Welcome to smogon. I remember I used to own a lot of yugioh cards, but I sold and lost almost all of them. If you have any questins feel free to ask or PM a mentor. You can also use our help form or even PM me. Hope you enjoy or time here:)

Adding on to what BlackyXD said, you might want to check out the TCG room on PS :o

We used to have a forum for the TCG but it's closed now, unfortunately.

Adding on to what BlackyXD said, you might want to check out the TCG room on PS :o

We used to have a forum for the TCG but it's closed now, unfortunately.
Never really got into the pokemon TCG, and the PS chatrooms can get a little out of hand sometimes xD but thanks anyways as well as a thanks to you and BlackyXD for the welcome tho ~V

Hi,

I'm a 15 year-old boy who likes to play online video games (pokemon is one of them) , new to competitive battling, ALSO if my name's weird for you just call me Seito :P .... (it's not my real name btw don't get excited)

I'm looking for friends :3
Because... Why not?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi,

I'm a 15 year-old boy who likes to play online video games (pokemon is one of them) , new to competitive battling, ALSO if my name's weird for you just call me Seito :P .... (it's not my real name btw don't get excited)

I'm looking for friends :3
Because... Why not?
Hi Saifoowz!
Since you're new, check out this guide for some help. If you have any questions, you can also consult the Help form. Have fun and good luck looking for friends! :3

Also, if you could give us your feedback once you feel comfortable with Smogon, that would be nice.

Hello!
I am vinter, 20 and this is my first shot at competitive pokemon. been playing for a while but on emulators. got a 3DS last year so cheers!!
I moved to england so i could go to uni, currently studying zoology.
love pokemon since i first layed eyes on them.
Mega-evolutions are cool but my first thought was: "Digimon! WTF!" yup, great reaction. XD

QueBien

Hello!
I am vinter, 20 and this is my first shot at competitive pokemon. been playing for a while but on emulators. got a 3DS last year so cheers!!
I moved to england so i could go to uni, currently studying zoology.
love pokemon since i first layed eyes on them.
Mega-evolutions are cool but my first thought was: "Digimon! WTF!" yup, great reaction. XD
Hi VinterSvart!
Grats on getting a 3DS! Check out the "Wi-Fi" subforum if you want to battle/trade/etc. in-game with other Smogon users. I started Pokemon only two or three years ago because I didn't think it was much until I actually played it, when I got hooked. As for Digimon... *sharp inhale* (JK) Anyways, if you need any help, consult the Help form. Otherwise, have fun!

Hello guys, I am Ahmad, Egyptian. I have played Pokemon a lot, but only till gen4 :)
I am really interested in smogon and I am looking forward to having many new friends here...

Hello guys, I am Ahmad, Egyptian. I have played Pokemon a lot, but only till gen4 :)
I am really interested in smogon and I am looking forward to having many new friends here...
Hey, Welcome to smogon!! If you need teaching on the basics of pokemon battling, check out battle 101 or if you need help consolt the mentorship help form. (http://smogon.com/mentorship/help) Also feel free to pm me or a mentor if you have any questions. Also if the question is simple you may use are questions thread as well.

Hi there!
My name is Pierpaolo, i am a 17 years old male italian.
I have played pokemon since Crystal(while not liking Black/white and Black/white 2, the only main games of the series i have never finished), and showdown since 2013.
I've always been fascinated by competitive gaming, but i never had the time or will to invest enough time into it to start being good at it, not being fond of the breeding mechanics.
When i discovered smogon, and the battle showdown in particular, i was really happy, given that it gave me the thrills of competitive gaming without the boredom of breeding.
Since then I've played on showdown and Pokebattle casually, testing all the tiers and discovering how deep and enthralling this game can be.
I've stepped here into the forums because i reckon that i still have much to learn, and that i like learning.

QueBien

Hi there!
My name is Pierpaolo, i am a 17 years old amle italian.
I have played pokemon since Crystal(while not liking Black/white and Black/white 2, the only main games of the series i have never finished), and showdown since 2013.
I've always been fascinated by competitive gaming, but i never had the time or will to invest enough time into it to start being good at it, not being fond of the breeding mechanics.
When i discovered smogon i was really happy, given that it gave me the thrills of competitive gaming without the boredom of breeding.
Since then I've played on showdown and Pokebattle casually, testing all the tiers and discovering how deep and enthralling this game can be.
I've stepped here into the forums because i reckon that i still have much to learn, and that i like learning.
Hi Pierpat!
Huh, a player since Crystal! That's pretty interesting. :o My friend introduced me to Showdown, and from there I found Smogon, and I love it! I hope you find it helps you a lot. Anyways, for some competitive help, PM a mentor. If you need any other specific help, you can try the Help form. Otherwise, have fun!

If you could give us your feedback once you get settled in, that would be great. Thanks!

Hi Pierpat!
Huh, a player since Crystal! That's pretty interesting. :o My friend introduced me to Showdown, and from there I found Smogon, and I love it! I hope you find it helps you a lot. Anyways, for some competitive help, PM a mentor. If you need any other specific help, you can try the Help form. Otherwise, have fun!

If you could give us your feedback once you get settled in, that would be great. Thanks!
Thanks, i'm snooping around the forums, the amount of interesting threads seems massive!

Last edited:
Since this thread said that you can introduce yourself here, I will take the time to do it right now :P
I'm a guy from Sweden who loves pokémon. I spend most of the time "catching them all" and inventing new cool movesets/strategies, even though I have always admired Smogon's movesets as well. I have a little struggle on how to navigate through this website right now, but I think that I will get used to it.

QueBien

Since this thread said that you can introduce yourself here, I will take the time to do it right now :P
I'm a guy from Sweden who loves pokémon. I spend most of the time "catching them all" and inventing new cool movesets/strategies, even though I have always admired Smogon's movesets as well. I have a little struggle on how to navigate through this website right now, but I think that I will get used to it.
Hey Ludderix!
Welcome to Smogon! I hope you find a niche here, as we have many different threads/subforums to offer. If you find you need help with anything, visit the Help form. You can also PM me if you need help navigating. Otherwise, have fun!

Hi guys! I've been lurking on Smogon for a long time and I'm finally getting actively involved in the community. Check out my first RMT! It's for ORAS OU, and it's called "Win Condition: Imma Volbeat yer ass!" :D

Ok so I got the ropes and stuff here (yaaay), now I'm just wondering: How can you put those things below the posts of people here (like how skylight can put that Frozen snippet below his/her post)?

Ok so I got the ropes and stuff here (yaaay), now I'm just wondering: How can you put those things below the posts of people here (like how skylight can put that Frozen snippet below his/her post)?
Hi, those are called Custom Titles and sadly they are not allowed for regular users. Things like Trivia offer Custom Titles as prizes in The Smog, but you must be badged in order to obtain one. You can find out how to obtain them here. Welcome to Smogon, and have a fun time! Feel free to PM/VM me if you have any questions.

EDIT-yeah i'm an idiot, you can edit your sig with what TheEnder said :)

Last edited:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I actually think he / she is referring to signatures, rather than custom titles. If you hover over your name in the upper right corner, there should be a tab named "Signature". If you click it there is an option to add text and pictures :]

Hey guys I'm reaper, started playing back on yellow though I missed the odd generation, nice to meet you all. I joined up to start looking for advice an such on making better teams in general as I wanted to start being more competitive in battles, anyhow once I get a team together I probably will post it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)