General Introduce yourself!

Hi,

I'm Amane SuzuHariyama, although Amane would probably be best to save the long name. I've been playing since Gen 3 and have every core game up to Omega Ruby. I guess I'm looking to get onto the competitive scene, as the main game is getting easier and easier and want some help starting out. I've lurked for ages (probably best part of two years) but my initial forays into the scene have proved to well, be a failure.

Favourite Pokemon would probably be Gardevoir, Mawile and Vaporeon so probably gives an idea of the kind of player I am.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to have a long stay here.

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone! Not sure how to introduce myself so i'll just say i'm 23 and brazilian. I'm a pokemon player since the old Red and Blue times, having a go at every gen since then, but only got into competitive on the last months of X and Y (was working on my now complete living dex before that).

My favorite type is water and least favorite is probably ice. Anyway, been testing some mons on wifi battle and trying to know some more by battling at Showdown's "random team" battles, and i joined Smogon with the intention of getting better at battling and building good/interesting teams.
You finished a living dex? Wow! My favorite type of Pokemon is Fire. Good luck with the and welcome to Smogon!
Hi everyone!

I took a break from Pokemon ever since diamond/pearl/plat and recently picked up a new 3DS XL and omega ruby. Started in the old R/B times and have lurked smogon in the past before but only recently created an account.

Joined in hopes of getting some shinies/ a trade thread going. As well as to build a proper competitive team!

Looking forward to learning more about pokemon with you all!
That's nice haha, Platinum is my favorite game. Good luck with your trade thread and welcome to Smogon!
Hai everyone !

I've been playing Pokémon since the very first versions, started red, then yellow, and did them all eventually. After it switched to DS, I sadly had to take breaks, then I played on emulators once it was available. I finally got my 3DS XL and am now playing Omega Ruby. I've always wanted to try some competitive content on Pokémon, so here I am. I lurked on Smogon for a little while already, and now that I have what it takes to really create a real competitive team, I've decided to become a bit more present there, to learn faster and participate more !

I'm mostly interested in the UU tier, and I hope I'll have my team running soon ! ^-^

So Im looking forward to battle you all guys !
Be sure to check out the UU subforum for tips and tricks! Good luck with building a team :>
I'm Kai, I'm 16, and I've been playing since generation one.
When I was really young, my parents got me a GameBoy Advance and Pokemon Red. I've played every other generation and liked the game ever since.

If you've seen my one and only (now deleted) post, then you know I don't know much about competitive battle... Hehe.
But I guess that's why I'm bothering introducing myself!

Just an FYI: I do know about EVs, IVs, and Natures, it's just more of the fine details in competitive play that I don't know about.
Yeah, there's a steep learning curve, but once you overcome that, it's really fun!
Forced anal intercourse!!
Lmfao sorry, but I'm sure it got your attention. My name is Daniel and I've played pokemon since the beginning, I'm 21. I have omega ruby now and it is the first one I've been interested in as far as breeding shinys, catching shinys, and filling the dex. My main reason for being here is to trade pokemon and fill my dex.
............................................................Welcome to Smogon......................................
Yo, you guys can call me Cyclo. I've been playing pokemon, every gen since Pokemon Crystal. Ever since Gen IV popularized competitive battling, I've been fascinated by the cool strategy and awesome plays I saw on youtube. Totally dedicated a whole summer to watch a whole bunch of wi-fi battles on youtube. Back then I used to watched a lot of random youtubers but slowly kept watching a cool wifi battler known as Xenon3120. Nowadays I watch wifi battles from all poketubers such as shofu and pokeaim.

Though I couldn't understand Evs/Ivs, I didn't get into 4th Gen competitive. It was only in 5th gen is when I understood all of that, building my first competitive team and posted it on the RMT section of smogon. My favorite aspect that attracted me to competitive battles was the awesome plays you can make like double switching and predictions.
Ya haha, it's really cool watching experienced players battle. They used all kinds of strategies to win that I wouldn't even think of! Welcome to Smogon!
Hey there !

I'm Neitral and I breed and play in online battles. I started to play this way on XY, but my first pokemon game was the Red edition so long ago.
I play the AS version so, if you wanna a pokemon from this version/fight with me, just send me a message.

Have a good day,
Neitral
That's cool, you should check out the Wifi subforum! Welcome :]
Hi,

I'm Amane SuzuHariyama, although Amane would probably be best to save the long name. I've been playing since Gen 3 and have every core game up to Omega Ruby. I guess I'm looking to get onto the competitive scene, as the main game is getting easier and easier and want some help starting out. I've lurked for ages (probably best part of two years) but my initial forays into the scene have proved to well, be a failure.

Favourite Pokemon would probably be Gardevoir, Mawile and Vaporeon so probably gives an idea of the kind of player I am.

Anyway, thanks for reading and hope to have a long stay here.
My first tip is to get out there and start playing. You can't learn unless you get your hands dirty! Welcome!

Hi folks! Nice to meet you all. I'm Archem or Archer on Pokemon Showdown c:

My friend Melon convinced me to make a forum account and here I am introducing myself. I've been on other forums before and I love centering my posts so I hope that won't be too annoying to some people. It feels cleaner and easier to read

My favorite tier is LC and I'm within the top 10 ranked users for LC on Pokemon Showdown so that's really cool and fun. I think Monotype is also really cool. My favorite character in the Pokemon games is Archer and my favorite pokemon is Luxray

Some fun facts about me
I like making signatures for forums so I made a small siggy with Archer and Luxray c:
( ^ if you click it, it's bigger )
I use a lot of social media ( Snapchat, Tumblr, Facebook, Kik, Instagram, etc. )
I'm pretty open about my life and love talking/connecting with people
My dad owns a comic book store in LA

Anyways. Wonderful meeting you all and I hope to talk to a lot of you in the future c:

hi smogon! i'm allen, i'm 18 and i've only been playing since gen 6 (although i intend to go back and play past games when i get the monies to buy them). apparently i made an account here like a year ago or something and forgot about it? anyway i know about evs/ivs/natures all that junk but i'd love to get into competitive battling (and also just general fun battles between friends). i want to build my first team but i'm only like 25% sure how exactly to do it aha;; my favorite pokemon would probably be reuniclus and i don't really have a favorite type cause i like a little bit of everything - also i just reread the rules and i hope my lowercase typing isn't a bother orz

anyway if anyone would like to help me out let me know thank you!! lookin forward to being here

anyway i know about evs/ivs/natures all that junk but i'd love to get into competitive battling (and also just general fun battles between friends). i want to build my first team but i'm only like 25% sure how exactly to do it aha;;
anyway if anyone would like to help me out let me know thank you!! lookin forward to being here
Hey Allen c:

For your competitive team, what tier(s) are you interested in? imo LC & Monotype are wondrous​

Hi! I'm Molly, and I've been playing Pokemon pretty avidly since gen 1. I'm in my mid 20s now, and I'm just starting to seriously consider making a competitive team. I did experiment a bit with NetBattle back in gen 3, but I got confused and there wasn't much info about it over on SPPF (the forum I was a member of back then) so I didn't go far with it. At this point, since gen 6 has made multiplayer so easy I figure I should finally get into it. I know Pokemon really well, including Natures, Abilities, EVs/IVs, stuff like that, but I admit I don't really know what the meta is actually like these days so I'm hoping to learn more about it.

Hi. My name's Hillel. I did play pokemon in the early generations, skipped for a while, then got back into pokemon Y and now playing omega Ruby. I have very little experience with competitive pokemon, but I'm keen to learn. I found this site through a friend, and now I'm intrigued to join the community, even if I don't contribute all the time due to my attention diverted by other aspects such as life, work, and other games (specifically board games).
I do know about basic breeding, EV and IV training, but in terms of move combos, strategies and very subtle effects, I lack experience. I have been told its best to build a team, test it, and alter it and test again. I can try for the moment, although feedback is always appreciated. Looking forward to joining the chat rooms. Have a good day all!

Sup, Koffings! I'm Barry Guist (pronounced GUY-st), and I'm a resident man squirrel who wants to do some competitive battling!... I'm not that experienced but I do have some EV trained pokes laying around from previous generations!

I hope I get good at battling here!

Hi, I'm Geneswept. I've been messing around battling on Showdown for a year or so now and been playing pokemon in general since gen 2 pretty much. So with the advent of ORAS I decided to contribute to Showdown and pokemon sets, strategies, playstyle etc... I see Smogon forums are split into sections so if you guys could point me in the right direction and let me know who the correct people to talk to are then it'd be much appreciated.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi! I'm Molly, and I've been playing Pokemon pretty avidly since gen 1. I'm in my mid 20s now, and I'm just starting to seriously consider making a competitive team. I did experiment a bit with NetBattle back in gen 3, but I got confused and there wasn't much info about it over on SPPF (the forum I was a member of back then) so I didn't go far with it. At this point, since gen 6 has made multiplayer so easy I figure I should finally get into it. I know Pokemon really well, including Natures, Abilities, EVs/IVs, stuff like that, but I admit I don't really know what the meta is actually like these days so I'm hoping to learn more about it.
Hi AnathemaDevice!
So you've been playing since RBY? Cool! Since you would like to get some information on the meta, I would advise you to go here for an overview of the different tiers. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Hi. My name's Hillel. I did play pokemon in the early generations, skipped for a while, then got back into pokemon Y and now playing omega Ruby. I have very little experience with competitive pokemon, but I'm keen to learn. I found this site through a friend, and now I'm intrigued to join the community, even if I don't contribute all the time due to my attention diverted by other aspects such as life, work, and other games (specifically board games).
I do know about basic breeding, EV and IV training, but in terms of move combos, strategies and very subtle effects, I lack experience. I have been told its best to build a team, test it, and alter it and test again. I can try for the moment, although feedback is always appreciated. Looking forward to joining the chat rooms. Have a good day all!
Hello Hillel!
Welcome to Smogon! As it appears you would like some basic information on how the game works and strategies, visit the above link to get some good tips. I agree that you should always try to improve your teams, and I would advise you to visit the RMT section of the forums to help you do so. Otherwise, PM a mentor should you have any other questions and have fun!
Sup, Koffings! I'm Barry Guist (pronounced GUY-st), and I'm a resident man squirrel who wants to do some competitive battling!... I'm not that experienced but I do have some EV trained pokes laying around from previous generations!

I hope I get good at battling here!
Nice to meet you Barry_Guist24!
I've never met a man squirrel before! :o You do not have to have anything ingame to battle competitively as we have a battle simulator. If you would like to discuss ingame, however, visit the "Wi-Fi" room in Showdown! In addition, visit the above link to get some of the basics of competitive battling. Have a great time and don't be shy to ask questions!
Hi, I'm Geneswept. I've been messing around battling on Showdown for a year or so now and been playing pokemon in general since gen 2 pretty much. So with the advent of ORAS I decided to contribute to Showdown and pokemon sets, strategies, playstyle etc... I see Smogon forums are split into sections so if you guys could point me in the right direction and let me know who the correct people to talk to are then it'd be much appreciated.

Welcome Geneswept!
I think that the Rate My Team forum is perfect for you! You can help many other users with improving their teams and maybe also learn something new in the process! In addition, visit the "Competitive Tutoring" room in Showdown for a similar experience! If you have any questions or need help with anything, PM a mentor; otherwise, have a great time on the site!

Hello one hello all, the names Coombes and I'm 23 years of age.

I've been playing since Gen 1 and at one time was a pretty competitive battler, then university happened and I fell behind, still played the games but didn't have time for the complexities at that stage now I want back in!

I'm pretty good at the whole raising thing but I tend to struggle with team building and a little bit with the strategy in games, knowing what's going to come next, what I should switch into, setting up traps etc. I've also been out of the battling scene for a while and as such really am behind the curve as far as the meta goes so I'm looking to get back into it all there now!

Hi I'm Jeremy, and I'm 15. I started playing Pokemon in 4th gen and I been playing ever since. I've played pretty much everygame, with the exception of XD Gale of Darkness and Colesseum. I really enjoy anime and other video games like Mega Man, Smash Bros. and more!

Hi
I am Rob, born in England, moved to India. I am a frequent player of Showdown and I browse smogon often. I love battling and battling related topics, especially UU and NU. I hope to make more friends over here and enjoy staying in this community :)

Hi, I'm Snowfall_n. I used to be a competitive UU player but got left behind with the changes of gen VI. I was hoping that I could learn a thing or two about the modern metagame.

I'm hoping that I can get back to playing decently and specialize in UU. :)

Hey guys, my name is Blake and I have been playing Showdown about 5 years now. I'm not very good at teambuilding or battling, but at least I try.
Things about me: I am a gamer, my top 3 favorite series are:
#3: Mario kart
#2: Smash bros
#1: Pokemon
Also, I am a nerd and will do math.
ALSO, I need a profile pic.

somebody plz reply im lonely lol
Hey yo haha you are lonely well it is nice to meet you

Im LOKO POKO and it is my first step here, i wanna learn all about pokemon games
Hey LOKO POKO. You couldn't have picked a better place :)

Hello one hello all, the names Coombes and I'm 23 years of age.

I've been playing since Gen 1 and at one time was a pretty competitive battler, then university happened and I fell behind, still played the games but didn't have time for the complexities at that stage now I want back in!

I'm pretty good at the whole raising thing but I tend to struggle with team building and a little bit with the strategy in games, knowing what's going to come next, what I should switch into, setting up traps etc. I've also been out of the battling scene for a while and as such really am behind the curve as far as the meta goes so I'm looking to get back into it all there now!
Hi Coombes. What metas do you play? If you need help with teambuilding, the Rate My Team forum might be a good resource for you.

Hi I'm Jeremy, and I'm 15. I started playing Pokemon in 4th gen and I been playing ever since. I've played pretty much everygame, with the exception of XD Gale of Darkness and Colesseum. I really enjoy anime and other video games like Mega Man, Smash Bros. and more!
Hey Jeremy. Fourth gen was really fun (I had Platinum and HeartGold myself). If you need any help settling in here, just let me know!

Hi
I am Rob, born in England, moved to India. I am a frequent player of Showdown and I browse smogon often. I love battling and battling related topics, especially UU and NU. I hope to make more friends over here and enjoy staying in this community :)
Hi Rob! As I've said in the past, I'm sure you'll find people here quite friendly and accommodating. If you need help with UU or NU just contact a mentor for those metagames.

Hi, I'm Snowfall_n. I used to be a competitive UU player but got left behind with the changes of gen VI. I was hoping that I could learn a thing or two about the modern metagame.

I'm hoping that I can get back to playing decently and specialize in UU. :)
Hi Snowfall. Generational transitions can be pretty difficult. If you want to get a glimpse of the current meta, check out the NP thread! It should help you get a feel for the current state of things in UU. Though I haven't played UU myself, you can contact me if you need any help on Smogon :)

Hello there everyone. My name is JJ, I'm 21 years old and have been playing pokemon (watching as well) since I think Silver came out or Red; however, I've never once played a single version competitively. Friend told me about this site since he got sick of me constantly asking him about what a fault proof pokemon team would consist of and I've used it off and on ever since. I figured that since this is my first time trying to become invested into a forum, why not let it be Smogon as a hobby? Well, at any rate, hope to meet you all soon and start concocting BAMF teams.~

-From a Novice Trainer

Oh.... and 9+10 is definitely 21

Minus

get a dog little longy, get a dog
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello there everyone. My name is JJ, I'm 21 years old and have been playing pokemon (watching as well) since I think Silver came out or Red; however, I've never once played a single version competitively. Friend told me about this site since he got sick of me constantly asking him about what a fault proof pokemon team would consist of and I've used it off and on ever since. I figured that since this is my first time trying to become invested into a forum, why not let it be Smogon as a hobby? Well, at any rate, hope to meet you all soon and start concocting BAMF teams.~

-From a Novice Trainer

Oh.... and 9+10 is definitely 21
Hey, that's nice! Smogon is a great place to start out :] Good luck and welcome to Smogon!

Hey LOKO POKO. You couldn't have picked a better place :)

Hi Coombes. What metas do you play? If you need help with teambuilding, the Rate My Team forum might be a good resource for you.

Hey Jeremy. Fourth gen was really fun (I had Platinum and HeartGold myself). If you need any help settling in here, just let me know!

Hi Rob! As I've said in the past, I'm sure you'll find people here quite friendly and accommodating. If you need help with UU or NU just contact a mentor for those metagames.

Hi Snowfall. Generational transitions can be pretty difficult. If you want to get a glimpse of the current meta, check out the NP thread! It should help you get a feel for the current state of things in UU. Though I haven't played UU myself, you can contact me if you need any help on Smogon :)
I mainly used to play OU and last I really got into was Gen 5 not a huge time ago but I set up a society at my university to play etc. Good times haha. And I'll definitely check out that forum on Team building many thanks

Whats up people? I'm Khajeel. I've been playing pokemon since GSC and have been playing competitively since mid-late black and white 2. That was about the time I got out of my stupid 12 year old "too cool for this" ideas, and embraced my more kid like personality of liking things that could be considered "childish" by others. I made this account recently, because now that I am familiar with ps, i'm looking for people to befriend and become better with, and also contribute without sounding like an ignorant asshole. I am also looking for tournaments to play in, because I find them addicting and fun. I play soccer and enjoy coding. Im currently learning computer science and I am in a college course for web design. I like all music, except for country (sorry country lovers :/ ). I also enjoy watching Anime (currently watching Fairy Tail, so yea if you wanna talk about that. Im in.) Lastly, my favorite color is Green (forest like) and favorite character color scheme is white with some red (If found in other games, that's what i'll usually use).

Other than that, other games I play are League of Legends, Warframe, and Halo/Guild Wars 2 every now and then. The highest I have ever gotten on ladder is 1500ish. My favorite pokemon is Eelektross and that's about it. I look foward to meeting all the wonderful people on this sight! :)

-Khajeel (Matt)

QueBien

Whats up people? I'm Khajeel. I've been playing pokemon since GSC and have been playing competitively since mid-late black and white 2. That was about the time I got out of my stupid 12 year old "too cool for this" ideas, and embraced my more kid like personality of liking things that could be considered "childish" by others. I made this account recently, because now that I am familiar with ps, i'm looking for people to befriend and become better with, and also contribute without sounding like an ignorant asshole. I am also looking for tournaments to play in, because I find them addicting and fun. I play soccer and enjoy coding. Im currently learning computer science and I am in a college course for web design. I like all music, except for country (sorry country lovers :/ ). I also enjoy watching Anime (currently watching Fairy Tail, so yea if you wanna talk about that. Im in.) Lastly, my favorite color is Green (forest like) and favorite character color scheme is white with some red (If found in other games, that's what i'll usually use).

Other than that, other games I play are League of Legends, Warframe, and Halo/Guild Wars 2 every now and then. The highest I have ever gotten on ladder is 1500ish. My favorite pokemon is Eelektross and that's about it. I look foward to meeting all the wonderful people on this sight! :)

-Khajeel (Matt)
Hello Khajeel!
Lol I went through a similar "too cool for this" phase, but when I actually played it for more than 10 minutes, I realized that it is a truly amazing series. Since you are already familiar with the simulator, I assume you know the different tiers. However, have you tried out the different rooms? For your situation--if you have not done so already--I would recommend visiting the "Tournaments" room, because they have tournaments very often. A bit about me--I also play soccer: it's my favorite sport! n_n What are your favorite teams? It's also pretty cool to see that you also like computer science (though I'm not much of a whiz, I find it interesting)! My favorite color is actually blue, closely followed by gray and red; however, my favorite scheme is red and black. Other than Pokemon, I myself play Halo (Best. Xbox game. Ever.), Forza, NFS, Army of Two, Crysis, Super Smash Bros., and Minecraft. My peak on the ladder was around mid-1400s. :/ My favorite Pokemon is a tie between Lucario and Bisharp. Nice to meet another Eelektross liker, though! Anyways, if you have any questions, PM a mentor here.
Have a great time on both Smogon and in Showdown!

Hello Khajeel!
Lol I went through a similar "too cool for this" phase, but when I actually played it for more than 10 minutes, I realized that it is a truly amazing series. Since you are already familiar with the simulator, I assume you know the different tiers. However, have you tried out the different rooms? For your situation--if you have not done so already--I would recommend visiting the "Tournaments" room, because they have tournaments very often. A bit about me--I also play soccer: it's my favorite sport! n_n What are your favorite teams? It's also pretty cool to see that you also like computer science (though I'm not much of a whiz, I find it interesting)! My favorite color is actually blue, closely followed by gray and red; however, my favorite scheme is red and black. Other than Pokemon, I myself play Halo (Best. Xbox game. Ever.), Forza, NFS, Army of Two, Crysis, Super Smash Bros., and Minecraft. My peak on the ladder was around mid-1400s. :/ My favorite Pokemon is a tie between Lucario and Bisharp. Nice to meet another Eelektross liker, though! Anyways, if you have any questions, PM a mentor here.
Have a great time on both Smogon and in Showdown!
Hey QueBien,
I'm glad to see there is someone who went through the same stuff I did lol. I use to hang out in the YouTube room when that was a thing, but I never really chatted in the rooms. For the tournament room, i was always just kind of scared that because it takes time for tournies and it would be on a pretty decent short notice that something would come up, but maybe i should give it a shot. My favorite soccer teams are chelsea and arsenal in the premiere league. In MLS I like the revolution. The colors you like are awesome and I still play melee on my gamecube till this day. Lucario and Bisharp are always at the top of my favorites list too! Thanks for the welcome and your turtle is awesome :3

QueBien

Hey QueBien,
I'm glad to see there is someone who went through the same stuff I did lol. I use to hang out in the YouTube room when that was a thing, but I never really chatted in the rooms. For the tournament room, i was always just kind of scared that because it takes time for tournies and it would be on a pretty decent short notice that something would come up, but maybe i should give it a shot. My favorite soccer teams are chelsea and arsenal in the premiere league. In MLS I like the revolution. The colors you like are awesome and I still play melee on my gamecube till this day. Lucario and Bisharp are always at the top of my favorites list too! Thanks for the welcome and your turtle is awesome :3
:) Mine are Argentina, Arsenal (^_^), FC Barcelona, and FC Bayern Munich, by the way. And thanks for the avatar compliment!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)