General Introduce yourself!

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everyone, I'm Bowser. Finally decided to introduce myself to the forum after being on the site a while and eventually creating an account. Long time pokemon fan, understand the game well and wish to learn and see more here. looks like a pretty cool place. I hope to contribute to the forum in the future as Pokemon is one of my favorite series and I've played it forever. I play some in the main tiers (Ru, uu, ou, nu, etc.) but have mostly been playing ou this gen. It's nice to meet you all and i hope to talk more to everyone in the future.

btw. im a firm follower in corphisism
As a Mario / Smash Bros. fan, I approve of the name lol. Fun aside, it's good to hear that you play at least some RU. If you ever want to learn more about the tier in general (metagame, key figures in the community, C&C, etc.) don't hesitate to ask. If you're wanting to learn more about a specific tier (such as RU or OU) then you may want to keep an eye on the Battling 101 Forum come Friday as that's when the new round is supposed to start (for sign-ups at least.)

Hi everyone, I'm 孙悟空 or Sun Wukong. I learned about Pokemon online through watching Shofu when he did his ORAS Live Stream. So I'll be keeping my eye on the Battle 101 forum this Friday. I'm really excited to be here. I'm also an artist that is trying to make a graphic novel based off the legend of Sun Wukong or as he's commonly known as Son Goku. I hope to make new friends here at Smogon.

Hello everybody my name is Pkmn Trainer Zax :) And I am new to Smogon I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a while and I thought it was high time to join the Smogon community I heard plenty of good things about Smogon and I wanted to give it a shot. My very first pokemon game was Pokemon Silver and I have been with this franchise since then, I love the main stream pokemon games and love the mystery dungeon series. My top 5 favorite pokemon are Gengar, Lucario, Sceptile, Greninja, and Typhlosion. I got into competitive battling thanks to Xenon3120 and Shofu my goal is to become a very good player in UU, OU, and the Uber tier and to make new friends at Smogon. :)

PS Can somebody tell me how to change this profile pic? I'm not a big fan of Hariyama

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hi everyone, I'm 孙悟空 or Sun Wukong. I learned about Pokemon online through watching Shofu when he did his ORAS Live Stream. So I'll be keeping my eye on the Battle 101 forum this Friday. I'm really excited to be here. I'm also an artist that is trying to make a graphic novel based off the legend of Sun Wukong or as he's commonly known as Son Goku. I hope to make new friends here at Smogon.
Hey Sun Wukong!
Welcome to the site! Have you taken a look at the Smeargle's Studio subforum? Show off your art there, if you'd like. :) If not, we have tons of other areas you might be interested in. I'm sure you'll find some areas of the site you enjoy. Anyway, if you need any help with anything here, feel free to post in the Simple Questions thread or the Have a Question? thread, or PM someone like me, chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. Otherwise, I hope you have a great time here!
Hello everybody my name is Pkmn Trainer Zax :) And I am new to Smogon I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a while and I thought it was high time to join the Smogon community I heard plenty of good things about Smogon and I wanted to give it a shot. My very first pokemon game was Pokemon Silver and I have been with this franchise since then, I love the main stream pokemon games and love the mystery dungeon series. My top 5 favorite pokemon are Gengar, Lucario, Sceptile, Greninja, and Typhlosion. I got into competitive battling thanks to Xenon3120 and Shofu my goal is to become a very good player in UU, OU, and the Uber tier and to make new friends at Smogon. :)

PS Can somebody tell me how to change this profile pic? I'm not a big fan of Hariyama
Hello Pkmn Trainer Zax!
I found Smogon through Showdown about two months after my friend introduced me to the simulator. However, I wasn't active until the end of last year or so. My first game was Emerald, and though I have played every generation after it, I still have to go back and play the first two eventually. I enjoy a few of the side games, too, though I haven't played much of them. However, I do play a lot of Shuffle and Rumble World. My top 5 Pokemon are Bisharp, Lucario, Scizor, Froslass, and Garchomp. You can join in on the OU, UU, and Ubers discussions in the "Compete" section of the forums. For your profile picture, click on your current avatar to take you to your profile page, then click it again on the left side of the screen, which will give you the option to upload a file (under 100kb). Another way to do this is click your username at the top right corner of the screen, then click Personal Details. Click on your avatar there and you will also be given the option to upload an avatar. For any other questions, you can use the Help form, the Questions threads, or PM me or the users I tagged above. Have fun here!

Hey Sun Wukong!
Welcome to the site! Have you taken a look at the Smeargle's Studio subforum? Show off your art there, if you'd like. :) If not, we have tons of other areas you might be interested in. I'm sure you'll find some areas of the site you enjoy. Anyway, if you need any help with anything here, feel free to post in the Simple Questions thread or the Have a Question? thread, or PM someone like me, chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. Otherwise, I hope you have a great time here!

Hello Pkmn Trainer Zax!
I found Smogon through Showdown about two months after my friend introduced me to the simulator. However, I wasn't active until the end of last year or so. My first game was Emerald, and though I have played every generation after it, I still have to go back and play the first two eventually. I enjoy a few of the side games, too, though I haven't played much of them. However, I do play a lot of Shuffle and Rumble World. My top 5 Pokemon are Bisharp, Lucario, Scizor, Froslass, and Garchomp. You can join in on the OU, UU, and Ubers discussions in the "Compete" section of the forums. For your profile picture, click on your current avatar to take you to your profile page, then click it again on the left side of the screen, which will give you the option to upload a file (under 100kb). Another way to do this is click your username at the top right corner of the screen, then click Personal Details. Click on your avatar there and you will also be given the option to upload an avatar. For any other questions, you can use the Help form, the Questions threads, or PM me or the users I tagged above. Have fun here!
Thx I really appreciate it

HI all I'm Mikey, I'm 24 from Los angeles
I've been playing pokemon since the original Sapphire but I never played competively I've always been the slow to catch up type lol. But I'm trying to learn the ropes to competitive playing. I'm new to smogon like this and i would like to get to know all of you guys better and would like to join the tutor program

jeronipuff

Man made the web, you don't need a name.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi m8s and m80s! I'm Nick or TheTrueLegendary (TTL for short) and I've been competitive battling for 2 years now. I've tended to gravitate more towards the UU tier as being my favorite because I like the playstyle of it. Even though I like UU the most, I play all tiers and I'll try some other metas if they interest me. Pretty much since I've started I've been doing Showdown almost exclusively but I'll throw down on WiFi if I really want to. Also, I have a Youtube Channel where I post Pokemon videos (mostly Showdown) to entertain and help teach people about the game. It's down in my signature if you want to check it out :]

QueBien

I've been playing pokemon since the original Sapphire but I never played competively I've always been the slow to catch up type lol. But I'm trying to learn the ropes to competitive playing. I'm new to smogon like this and i would like to get to know all of you guys better and would like to join the tutor program
Hey Mikey08!
I've been playing since Emerald, and started playing competitively with XY. I guess you could say I'm the slow to catch up type, too. Check out the Battling 101 program to learn the basics and other competitive skills from some of our Tutors. You can also join the Competitive Tutoring room in Showdown if you'd like, as the community there can also help you improve your battling skills. Feel free to ask me, chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer any questions you may have. I hope you have fun exploring the forums!
Hi m8s and m80s! I'm Nick or TheTrueLegendary (TTL for short) and I've been competitive battling for 2 years now. I've tended to gravitate more towards the UU tier as being my favorite because I like the playstyle of it. Even though I like UU the most, I play all tiers and I'll try some other metas if they interest me. Pretty much since I've started I've been doing Showdown almost exclusively but I'll throw down on WiFi if I really want to. Also, I have a Youtube Channel where I post Pokemon videos (mostly Showdown) to entertain and help teach people about the game. It's down in my signature if you want to check it out :]
Hi TheTrueLegendary!
Nice to meet you! I've been battling competitively for, what, fifteen months now? Wow, how time flies. The first ever tier I played was Random Battle, and it's still one of my favorites, though I also love OU and 1v1. I've played a lot of the other tiers, and I usually hang around the Other Metas room. I occasionally play Wi-Fi battles, though most of the time I battle in Showdown. Did you know you could help Smogon (if you'd like) through YouTube videos? Here's a guide if you're interested. :) Enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

Fun fact of the day I was born in Los Angeles. Either ways as Fluke mentioned I can help you with anything competitive related especially in the RU tier. The RU tier is probably one of my favorites. I wish you the best of luck on smogon and if you wanna talk or just need some help let me know by PM or by posting on my profile.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sapphire was my first game too, so I was obviously super hyped around this time last year when ORAS was showcased fully at E3. Treecko was my starter in both the original and the remake. I've been playing competitively since late DPP, so I guess you could say I've been at this for a while LOL. As far as tutoring programs go, the Battling 101 Forum is where sign-ups take place for the Battling 101 Program, Smogon's tutoring program. Sign-ups open this Friday (a specific time will probably be announced at some point Thursday) so definitely check it out if you really want to get into a specific tier. RU is my main tier, so I can help you out there if you decide to get into RU. The Competitive Tutoring room on Showdown isn't a bad place to go either, especially for some quick fixes with any team / team idea you have. Drop me a PM / VM if you have any questions or just want to chat about RU or other things (like Smash Bros. for example lol)

What is up, i am Riceman. I am a casual and that's all there is to it. I'm mostly a lurker, this may be my first post, iunno.

Heyo RICEMAN, That actually was your first forum post (wall posts don't increase your post count) so grats heh. I'm not sure how long I lurked before making my first post in the forums, but I did hold off on making an account for a very long time. I only made the account after I got voiced in the room i frequented (other metas) and I've come a long way since. While I'm not fully "pro" at "Smogonning" I can find my way around. So, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

If you actually haven't checked out Pokemon Showdown! (Smogon's official battle server) you could check that out. I spend most of my day there and find it to be a great way to pass time. You can pm me anytime, I'll be in the lobby, tours and om. I'm sure i can be more helpful when it comes to PS! smogon stuff actually lol.

Anyway welcome to the community!

Hi everyone !

I'm Dyobawol (or more usually Dyo, for those who find that it's too long), I'm 15 and I live in France ! (I'm French moreover) I am playing Pokémon for seven years now, my first game was Diamond, but I ever ignored the strategic part of the game until I saw videos of French strategists (specifically a Youtuber who specializes into the low-tiers). Thanks to this woman, I learned the strategy but, after a lot of match in different tiers, I thought I'd to play a single tier to begin in the strategy. As I found that NU was the one which pleased me most, I chose it and I think that I did well because my teams became better and better over time (I really love the NU tier btw, I think it's the more interesting in my opinion, even I find the RU really fun to play).
My favorites Pokémon games are Pokémon B/W for the main license, and Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky for the spin-off. My favorite Pokémon is Wigglytuff because it's too cute and I love it <3 As I said, the NU is my favorite tier and my goal is to enter in the top 10 of the tier one day (my best team took me up to the maximum top 50, I still have got a long way to go :'(). I'm playing strategy for one year only.
I join Smogon because I think i can't become better at teambuilding without advices of good player (and if I can be useful in the forum it is still better, even I don't really know to do).

I think that's all... I hope well my post is readable... It's my first time in an English forum, so please excuse if my sentences are not so pleasant, I do my best !

Hi everyone !

I'm Dyobawol (or more usually Dyo, for those who find that it's too long), I'm 15 and I live in France ! (I'm French moreover) I am playing Pokémon for seven years now, my first game was Diamond, but I ever ignored the strategic part of the game until I saw videos of French strategists (specifically a Youtuber who specializes into the low-tiers). Thanks to this woman, I learned the strategy but, after a lot of match in different tiers, I thought I'd to play a single tier to begin in the strategy. As I found that NU was the one which pleased me most, I chose it and I think that I did well because my teams became better and better over time (I really love the NU tier btw, I think it's the more interesting in my opinion, even I find the RU really fun to play).
My favorites Pokémon games are Pokémon B/W for the main license, and Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky for the spin-off. My favorite Pokémon is Wigglytuff because it's too cute and I love it <3 As I said, the NU is my favorite tier and my goal is to enter in the top 10 of the tier one day (my best team took me up to the maximum top 50, I still have got a long way to go :'(). I'm playing strategy for one year only.
I join Smogon because I think i can't become better at teambuilding without advices of good player (and if I can be useful in the forum it is still better, even I don't really know to do).

I think that's all... I hope well my post is readable... It's my first time in an English forum, so please excuse if my sentences are not so pleasant, I do my best !
Hey Dyo, welcome to Smogon. I also really love NU. It's my favorite tier along with RU and UU. Also, I see you're here to get advice on your teams. You should definitely check out this section. Read the rules before posting though!

If you have any questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, feel free to PM me, chester0334, QueBien or TheHoodedGamer about them!

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone !

hi Dyobawol, welcome to Smogon! For someone who says that they aren't very fluent in English, you seem to have a good understanding of the language. If you like the NU tier, it might be a good idea to browse the NU subforum, where they have lots of good resources for new players, like the viability rankings and sample teams threads. You can also come over to the NU room on showdown, where NU players congregate to discuss the metagame. The blue text is a hyperlink to that respective resource, so if you click "viability rankings," it'll take you to that thread.

EonX

Battle Soul
Hi everyone !

Your post is certainly readable. Black and White probably had the best storyline of any main series game. As for Explorers of Sky, I've heard a lot of good things about it but never had the chance to play through it myself. It seems you're really adamant (cwutididthur) about getting into the NU tier. The links that xzern provided will give you a good idea of how the tier works for sure. If you're wanting more in-depth guidance, then keep an eye on the Battling 101 Forum. This is Smogon's tutor program where you can sign-up to learn different tiers from some of the best players around (including NU and RU of course!) I tutor RU personally, but I know there's plenty of good NU tutors there that can really help elevate your game. The sign-ups for next round open sometime tomorrow. The specific time should be announced at some point later today, so keep an eye on the forum as sign-ups are usually first come, first serve with priority given to those who were skipped in previous rounds due to high demand.

Hello Smogon! FairlyFleek-_- here. I was drawn here to Smogon, like Dyobawol, from Youtube. More specifically, Pimpnite. Not only does he excel at competitive battling, he does it using the most gimmicky sets you've ever seen. I wish to be the same. I've been playing Pokemon since DPP, but never really got into the competitive aspect of it until XY. From the very beginning I had my gimmicky aspirations, and with the addition of Smogon into my life, it's become so much easier to fulfill them. I hope to become more involved in the community, especially since adding Pokemon into my life has helped me sort through some issues and be happier overall. It'll be nice to get to know some of you, and I'll try to do my best suggesting sets!

Hello Smogon! FairlyFleek-_- here. I was drawn here to Smogon, like Dyobawol, from Youtube. More specifically, Pimpnite. Not only does he excel at competitive battling, he does it using the most gimmicky sets you've ever seen. I wish to be the same. I've been playing Pokemon since DPP, but never really got into the competitive aspect of it until XY. From the very beginning I had my gimmicky aspirations, and with the addition of Smogon into my life, it's become so much easier to fulfill them. I hope to become more involved in the community, especially since adding Pokemon into my life has helped me sort through some issues and be happier overall. It'll be nice to get to know some of you, and I'll try to do my best suggesting sets!
Hey and welcome FairlyFleek-_- ever heard of a youtuber named shadypenguin. He uses some interesting pokemon strategies to and does pretty well in battling also. I to can be a gimmicky person at points which makes I guess you can say a weird person. There are many opportunities to become involved in the community also. If you want to simply have a better idea on how to make some cool movesets I recommend you do both of the stuff I am about to tell you.

Number 1: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/ check out smogon's strategy dex.

Number 2: Play a lot of pokemon showdown.

If you want help constructing competitive pokemon sets or making a team let me know. You can also talk to Fluke, QueBien, or TheHoodedGamer for help. Hope you enjoy your time around smogon.

Hey and welcome FairlyFleek-_- ever heard of a youtuber named shadypenguin. He uses some interesting pokemon strategies to and does pretty well in battling also. I to can be a gimmicky person at points which makes I guess you can say a weird person. There are many opportunities to become involved in the community also. If you want to simply have a better idea on how to make some cool movesets I recommend you do both of the stuff I am about to tell you.

Number 1: http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/ check out smogon's strategy dex.

Number 2: Play a lot of pokemon showdown.

If you want help constructing competitive pokemon sets or making a team let me know. You
can also talk to Fluke, QueBien, or TheHoodedGamer for help. Hope you enjoy your time around smogon.
Yes! Shady's amazing. And showdown has practically been my life for the last few days. Thanks for the suggestions!

Fluke said:
Hey Dyo, welcome to Smogon. I also really love NU. It's my favorite tier along with RU and UU. Also, I see you're here to get advice on your teams. You should definitely check out this section. Read the rules before posting though!

If you have any questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, feel free to PM me, chester0334, QueBien or TheHoodedGamer about them!
Thanks a lot ! I won't hesitate to PM you !
I looked the RMT section and I would like anyone rates my team, but I don't want to be the guy "Hey I have three messages in the forum and I could leave Smogon just after, but can you give me some advices for my team ? :D:D:D", it wouldn't be respectful :/

xzern said:
hi Dyobawol, welcome to Smogon! For someone who says that they aren't very fluent in English, you seem to have a good understanding of the language. If you like the NU tier, it might be a good idea to browse the NU subforum, where they have lots of good resources for new players, like the viability rankings and sample teams threads. You can also come over to the NU room on showdown, where NU players congregate to discuss the metagame. The blue text is a hyperlink to that respective resource, so if you click "viability rankings," it'll take you to that thread.
Thank you for these useful links, I'll take a look to all these !
It's kind to tell me that, I don't know if my English is "good" but I'm trying to speak the language better and better ! (I'd like to be totally bilingual one day haha)

EonX said:
Your post is certainly readable. Black and White probably had the best storyline of any main series game. As for Explorers of Sky, I've heard a lot of good things about it but never had the chance to play through it myself. It seems you're really adamant (cwutididthur) about getting into the NU tier. The links that xzern provided will give you a good idea of how the tier works for sure. If you're wanting more in-depth guidance, then keep an eye on the Battling 101 Forum. This is Smogon's tutor program where you can sign-up to learn different tiers from some of the best players around (including NU and RU of course!) I tutor RU personally, but I know there's plenty of good NU tutors there that can really help elevate your game. The sign-ups for next round open sometime tomorrow. The specific time should be announced at some point later today, so keep an eye on the forum as sign-ups are usually first come, first serve with priority given to those who were skipped in previous rounds due to high demand.
Yeah I found B/W really good, the characters and the universe are more mature than the others games (except certainly R/B/Y) and the musics are amazing ! You really should play PMD : Sky, all in this game is incredible (and the story made me cry more than once, seriously).
Thank you for the link, it seems very interesting !

sup nerds
I'm xzern, I'm much cooler than Redew, and I'll be turning 16 in february. I first joined smogon to join the wifi room's staff convo (i think). some time after that, a friend invited me to a different conversation with a bunch of people and thats where i got my first real taste of the smogon community. It seemed like my kind of place, so I stuck around for a while. I tested the waters and found that i really liked the neverused and smogon doubles communities, so those are the tiers I'm best at.

I'm a smogon mentor, meaning that any of you new guys can feel free to pm ("start a conversation") me if you have any general questions about the community ;o
you can also find me in the nu, doubles, and smogon hangout rooms on PS if you want to just chat with me
sup nerds
I'm xzern, I'm much cooler than Redew, and I'll be turning 16 in february. I first joined smogon to join the wifi room's staff convo (i think). some time after that, a friend invited me to a different conversation with a bunch of people and thats where i got my first real taste of the smogon community. It seemed like my kind of place, so I stuck around for a while. I tested the waters and found that i really liked the neverused and smogon doubles communities, so those are the tiers I'm best at.

I'm a smogon mentor, meaning that any of you new guys can feel free to pm ("start a conversation") me if you have any general questions about the community ;o
you can also find me in the nu, doubles, and smogon hangout rooms on PS if you want to just chat with me
Hey xzern,
You seem a pretty cool guy to be around and I'm a brand new edition to the competitive battling universe, but not new to the Pokemon franchise. I've been watching the anime since I was a kid (I'm 13 now) & I have completed all the main series games (except X & Y and ORAS since I don't have a 3DS). This is my first time being on any competitive battling community. I don't EV or IV train my pokemon, I complete the main series game picking a pokemon that looks cool, but that won't work in competitive battles, would it. It would be nice if you gave me a little head start in this whole new world ahead of me. Reply if you're interested....

Hey, I'm new to smogon forums but I've been visiting since around the time I began pursuing competitive battles about 6 years ago. I've got a decade of pokemon experience and have always loved the battling more than anything else - especially unique or gimmicky teams that show off cleverness more than raw power. I lack metagame experience, though, so I'll be hanging around the wifi forums in search of challenges. Thanks!

QueBien

Hey, I'm new to smogon forums but I've been visiting since around the time I began pursuing competitive battles about 6 years ago. I've got a decade of pokemon experience and have always loved the battling more than anything else - especially unique or gimmicky teams that show off cleverness more than raw power. I lack metagame experience, though, so I'll be hanging around the wifi forums in search of challenges. Thanks!
Heya Asundrium!
Six years ago, huh? That's quite a long time you've been playing! I myself have only played Pokemon for maybe four years? I loved the gameplay and wanted to learn more, which is one of the reasons I joined Smogon. I enjoy playing against creative teams, too, as it puts a twist on battling that makes it a lot more interesting. I don't usually play Wi-Fi battles, but every once in a while I'll battle some. In-game, I usually spend my time trading or attempting to complete the Pokedex, and I really like Y and AS. Feel free to read over the discussions of the tiers you would like more information in, as doing so helps a lot! If you need anything else, take a look at the Help form or send me a PM. You can also talk with chester0334, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. Have fun and I'll see you around!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)