General Introduce yourself!

Hello, everyone. I'm Pikeldeo (some of you have probably seen my username on Pokemon showdown), a 14 yr old Pokemon fanatic who's played Pokemon Showdown for a while, just never really got into Smogon forums and contributing. And today, I'm glad to have become a part of smogon. :)
Hi there Pikeldeo. Welcome to Smogon n_n . ~~I'm new myself~~

Yay, yet another forum intro. Well, I really don't like these things, but as a common courtesy I'll do it. As a young child, I played quite a lot of Pokemon and learned a lot of all the little things in Red and Blue. I respect and love almost every generation of Pokemon. Now I'm older and have some ideas of my own that I'd like to share and get advice from the community to make these ideas better.

Hey everybody. I'm new to the Smogon forums but I've been playing OU since the end of BW2/Beginning of XY and playing Pokemon since Gen 2. All in all, I'm still kinda new to competitive battling but I've watched a lot of PokeaimMD and Thunderblunder777 and laddered a bit on Showdown. Signed up now to try and make some frens ( :] ) and get better at competitive battling in general. Here's to improvement!

Hello, I'm Wyverna. I just jumped into the world of competitive Pokemon battling! I've been playing the Pokemon games since I was a kid, but I only just started considering competitive battling. Unfortunately, I'm a huge noob, but I'm hoping to learn and hone my skills and became a good battler!

It's nice to be here :)

Hello, I'm Wyverna. I just jumped into the world of competitive Pokemon battling! I've been playing the Pokemon games since I was a kid, but I only just started considering competitive battling. Unfortunately, I'm a huge noob, but I'm hoping to learn and hone my skills and became a good battler!

Hi there, welcome to the world of (competitive) pokemon. Are you boy, or a girl? lol joking. Welcome to Smogon, I hope you enjoy your stay. Go over to Battling 101 and/or Pokemon Showdown and get help from tutors. Gain experience yourself by battling. Then, someday, you'll be less of a noob. Hope to see you around here.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Hello Wyverna ! Welcome to Smogon and competitive battling in general. You may want to sign up for the Battling 101 System for battling tips or join Competitive Tutoring for team rates and other useful things to learn the metagame! I would advise you play ORAS OU first, being Smogon's most popular and central metagame! Welcome to Smogon, and happy battling! :]

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey everybody. I'm new to the Smogon forums but I've been playing OU since the end of BW2/Beginning of XY and playing Pokemon since Gen 2. All in all, I'm still kinda new to competitive battling but I've watched a lot of PokeaimMD and Thunderblunder777 and laddered a bit on Showdown. Signed up now to try and make some frens ( :] ) and get better at competitive battling in general. Here's to improvement!
Welcome. c: That's one of the best ways to learn things, so good choice there. Have you considered signing up for the tutoring program? If not definitely try that when it launches, it'll help you loads! If you want friends this is like the best forum for it. If you hang here, most of your friends will be beginning their Smogon journey too, so... that's something! Have fun around here anyways, and if you have any issues fitting in check out the help form which is a sticky up the top of this forum!

Yay, yet another forum intro. Well, I really don't like these things, but as a common courtesy I'll do it. As a young child, I played quite a lot of Pokemon and learned a lot of all the little things in Red and Blue. I respect and love almost every generation of Pokemon. Now I'm older and have some ideas of my own that I'd like to share and get advice from the community to make these ideas better.
What ideas do you have? Like, in terms of battling or articles or stories or?? Honestly you're only limited by your imagination as to what you can do... and that sounded really corny yes. But nevertheless don't worry the community is pretty social here so getting someone to help out on your ideas should be pretty ez! Welcome anyway :) Feel free to hang around this section until you're settled in!

hello people, Thatonemon here. I've actually been lurking for a while, and only recently signed up, as I've finally decided to join the community.

I always play Ubers, and usually like to run unconventional teams, like charge beam assault vest ho-oh, to see if I can come up with a new strategy that is unknown to the majority of players.

I am currently thinking of something to submit for the CAP project.
Welcome! As I do not know ubers I do not know how unconventional that is but imma take your word on that. If you want a dude to chat with in regards to odd ubers stuff Sweep is one of the best choices, and he's super social so you should hang with him if you wanna expand your creativity, or want someone to chuck ideas onto c: Have fun around here ok!!

hi, my name is terra! i'm a 17 year old girl from ireland that's not really into competitive battling right now - i've only started learning the basics recently! ive been reading articles and stuff on smogon and other sites and it's all interesting! regardless of my inexperience, i hope to learn more and sorry if i make any simple mistakes or whatever!

my favourite pokémon is weavile, and i love dark types in general. also i have a deep love for team magma, my first game having been emerald. i own/have owned every main series game from ruby and sapphire onwards, and i just love pokémon in general. glad to be here!
Welcome terra :) I suggest you try out random battling as that'll help explain EVs and IVs and whatever and you only use competitively viable stuff, basically the best way to learn anything, or at least in my opinion! But that's cool most people won't judge you for making mistakes and if they do they suck and aren't worth your time. Just keep trying til you're the best ok! :')

What ideas do you have? Like, in terms of battling or articles or stories or?? Honestly you're only limited by your imagination as to what you can do... and that sounded really corny yes. But nevertheless don't worry the community is pretty social here so getting someone to help out on your ideas should be pretty ez! Welcome anyway :) Feel free to hang around this section until you're settled in!

My idea is for a possible metagame (or pet mod (not sure how these get classified exactly) still working on how to go about making this functional :|) revolving around the Pokedex habitat sorting system in the gen 3 remakes of red and green. But it involves categorizing the Pokemon from the newer Gens into these habitats. this may take a bit to get off the ground, and hopefully not get its air balloon popped.

Sup everyone o/ My name's Lord B33. I've been on Pokemon Showdown! for about three years and I'm pretty good at competitive Pokemon. Ubers and Monotype are probably my favourite metas right now :)

I dunno why but I just can't think of anything to talk about so I'm just gonna use the suggested topics. 'Your favourite Pokemon?' Probably the Rhyhorn evolutionary line. I really like M-Blaziken and Dragalge, too. 'What you plan to do here?' Take part in discussions and stuff obv and make sure genesect gets banned from mono ;)

Anyway, hope I get along with you guys :]
Bah bai

Hi,

I got interested in competitive Pokemon with the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald. This eventually led me to discovering the smogon dex and I've been lurking and such ever since. Hope I can contribute some good stuff to the site and sharpen my battling skills with real people for a change.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hi,

I got interested in competitive Pokemon with the Battle Frontier in Pokemon Emerald. This eventually led me to discovering the smogon dex and I've been lurking and such ever since. Hope I can contribute some good stuff to the site and sharpen my battling skills with real people for a change.
Welcome Banji! I see you're a player of Pokemon Emerald too. Are there any tiers in specific that you're interested in? Glad to see that you want to contribute to Smogon!

Welcome terra :) I suggest you try out random battling as that'll help explain EVs and IVs and whatever and you only use competitively viable stuff, basically the best way to learn anything, or at least in my opinion! But that's cool most people won't judge you for making mistakes and if they do they suck and aren't worth your time. Just keep trying til you're the best ok! :')
thank you! i've been playing some random battles on showdown for example and i've found it both really helpful and super fun! i get the basics of IVs and EVs and i'm enjoying learning things haha!

Welcome Banji! I see you're a player of Pokemon Emerald too. Are there any tiers in specific that you're interested in? Glad to see that you want to contribute to Smogon!
Thanks! Just OU for starters to kinda get a feel for what's considered the standard metagame, seems like a reasonable place to start. Then from there I may branch out to other tiers that I might find interesting.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Thanks! Just OU for starters to kinda get a feel for what's considered the standard metagame, seems like a reasonable place to start. Then from there I may branch out to other tiers that I might find interesting.
If you're starting in OU, you can visit the OverUsed forum, and you can look through the various projects and hopefully participate in one! If you have an OU team that you'd like rated, or if you want to help some users with their OU teams, you can visit the OU RMT forum! However, if you're posting a team there, make sure to follow the General RMT rules (which also includes a guide to posting an RMT, which you also need to follow), and, as it says in that thread, you can contact Trinitrotoluene or Tomahawk for if you are unsure of where to start or are in need of additional advice, questions pertaining to rating, posting teams, or anything else OU RMT-related (sry for tag tnt and tomahawk). If you'd like to write an OU analysis for a Pokemon, check out the OU Analyses forum! However, I wouldn't get quite involved with the OU Analyses forum until you know more about the OU tier. You can also check out the Tournaments forum, as there are many tournaments hosted by the community in there, and some are OU tournaments, so you might want to get involved with those!

Sup everyone o/ My name's Lord B33. I've been on Pokemon Showdown! for about three years and I'm pretty good at competitive Pokemon. Ubers and Monotype are probably my favourite metas right now :)

I dunno why but I just can't think of anything to talk about so I'm just gonna use the suggested topics. 'Your favourite Pokemon?' Probably the Rhyhorn evolutionary line. I really like M-Blaziken and Dragalge, too. 'What you plan to do here?' Take part in discussions and stuff obv and make sure genesect gets banned from mono ;)

Anyway, hope I get along with you guys :]
Bah bai
Hi Lord B33! Glad to see you finally getting involved with Smogon!

For Ubers, you can check out the Ubers forum to participate in various projects that are in there! For Monotype, make sure to check out the ORAS Monotype thread to contribute your input on the metagame! You can post and contribute to Ubers and Monotype RMTs in the ORAS Other Teams forum, but make sure to read these three threads before you do anything there! If you'd like to write an Ubers analysis for a Pokemon, check out the OU Analyses forum! However, I wouldn't get quite involved with the Ubers Analyses forum until you know more about the Ubers tier. Make sure to check out the Tournaments forum too to join any future Ubers tournaments!

Why do you like Rhydon's family, M-Blaziken, and Dragalge? Is it for their competitive ability, design, what? I personally like Greninja, Dragalge, Weavile, and Crawdaunt.

Hello, it's me 2Fruit.

I've always liked the tiers system of smogon better than VGC, the metagames here feel much more balanced IMO.
Favourite pokemon are the really gimmicky ones like Barrier Mr mime and Iron tail salamence. I also like the underdog pokemon like Druddigon, Klinklang, and Meganium.

Glad to join the ranks of Smogon.

Hello, it's me 2Fruit.

I've always liked the tiers system of smogon better than VGC, the metagames here feel much more balanced IMO.
Favourite pokemon are the really gimmicky ones like Barrier Mr mime and Iron tail salamence. I also like the underdog pokemon like Druddigon, Klinklang, and Meganium.

Glad to join the ranks of Smogon.
Sup 2Fruit, welcome to Smogon. I agree with you on the tiering system. I think it's the most optimal way to balance the competitive aspect of Pokemon. and in my opinion it works outstandingly well.
Also, screw you and your gimmicky Pokemon! Haha, just kidding. I just hate them because they come at the worst possible moments in Random Battles on Pokemon Showdown! and I always lose to them.

If you have any questions regarding Pokemon or Smogon, you can always ask me, chester0334, QueBien, EonX or TheHoodedGamer about them!

Enjoy your stay :^)

Hi everyone I am NirnRoot on pokemonshowdown
My favorite type is fighting and my favorite pokemon is mega-lopunny. I like mega-lopunny cause it has an awesome design and it is cute,tough,short, and a rabbit therefore a herbivore like myself.

I really enjoy the monotype battle style and It is the battle style that I am best at; although I cannot use mega-lopunny on fighting mono I am still find fighting to be my favorite type regardless.

Here of the forums I plan to contribute to conversations in a mostly useful manner unless I am engaging in a 4fun thread. I came to pokemon showdown to improve my overall competitive skill.

I am in between jobs, and trying to set up a stable income with my bf. I enjoy pokemon, literature, music, and fitness. (and food)
Last year I actually quit pokemon because "I would never be good at it." but when my bf started playing I found myself enthralled again, and now i've never been better at it.

My favorite pokemon game is (from greatest to least) Emerald Version, alpha Sapphire, and x version.

Hello and good day to all. Been playing since gen 1, but caught in competitive play since bw2. Have been using smogon dex to guide me building my team for awhile. Hopefully i can get as many help as i can here. :)
My fav pokemon is scizor as it remind me of kamen rider and my fav typing is fighting for the same reason.(sorry for my grammar in advance)

Hi everyone I am NirnRoot on pokemonshowdown
My favorite type is fighting and my favorite pokemon is mega-lopunny. I like mega-lopunny cause it has an awesome design and it is cute,tough,short, and a rabbit therefore a herbivore like myself.

I really enjoy the monotype battle style and It is the battle style that I am best at; although I cannot use mega-lopunny on fighting mono I am still find fighting to be my favorite type regardless.

Here of the forums I plan to contribute to conversations in a mostly useful manner unless I am engaging in a 4fun thread. I came to pokemon showdown to improve my overall competitive skill.

I am in between jobs, and trying to set up a stable income with my bf. I enjoy pokemon, literature, music, and fitness. (and food)
Last year I actually quit pokemon because "I would never be good at it." but when my bf started playing I found myself enthralled again, and now i've never been better at it.

My favorite pokemon game is (from greatest to least) Emerald Version, alpha Sapphire, and x version.
You shouldn't quit because you're not good at something:) You should be motivated to do better instead:)

"Above all, video games were meant to be one thing: Fun for everyone." Satoru Iwata

As you know Mr. Iwata has passed away a while ago. However, Mr. Iwata inspired me to enjoy video games more and I also knew that he enjoyed his job which made him a great boss. You don't have to be good at a video game to enjoy it:). I was awful at pokemon for a while and actually I only started to get pretty good a few years ago. I still have a lot to learn in the competitive world of pokemon and I still have a lot to do.

I happen to be a monotype gym leader on a subforum on reddit. I admit it's pretty fun and monotype battling isn't bad and I also am the monotype fire leader. Pokemon showdown is a great place to start out for new users. I think pokemon showdown has also improved my battling skills significantly these past two years. If you want to improve why not try to watch a few of these youtube videos from smogon's youtube channel:).

If you have any other questions I know for a fact that smogon has numerous guides that can help you out for basic terms and just to get the basics of competitive battling down. I understand though it can be hard to learn things without someone helping you in the beginning. In fact my friend Christian made me better on pokemon showdown and I picked up the rest on my own. However, he helped me get started. If you need some help message any of these people Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, EonX, QueBien. You can also message me if you have any questions in general.

Hello and good day to all. Been playing since gen 1, but caught in competitive play since bw2. Have been using smogon dex to guide me building my team for awhile. Hopefully i can get as many help as i can here. :)
My fav pokemon is scizor as it remind me of kamen rider and my fav typing is fighting for the same reason.(sorry for my grammar in advance)
My grammar kinda stinks to:/ You can ask any of the mods in the wifi forum my grammar was trash when I first came to this site and I got so many infractions for grammar and mainly for double postingXD. The smogon strategy dex is a pretty decent place to start looking for the competitive side of pokemon. I remember that was the first place I went to get competitive movesets for building my pokemon teams.

My favorite pokemon has to be suicune. I mean it's a badass water dog need I say anymore?

If you need help with anything you can message me or any of the users I mentioned earlier. Have a great time on smogon:)

If you're starting in OU, you can visit the OverUsed forum, and you can look through the various projects and hopefully participate in one! If you have an OU team that you'd like rated, or if you want to help some users with their OU teams, you can visit the OU RMT forum! However, if you're posting a team there, make sure to follow the General RMT rules (which also includes a guide to posting an RMT, which you also need to follow), and, as it says in that thread, you can contact Trinitrotoluene or Tomahawk for if you are unsure of where to start or are in need of additional advice, questions pertaining to rating, posting teams, or anything else OU RMT-related (sry for tag tnt and tomahawk). If you'd like to write an OU analysis for a Pokemon, check out the OU Analyses forum! However, I wouldn't get quite involved with the OU Analyses forum until you know more about the OU tier. You can also check out the Tournaments forum, as there are many tournaments hosted by the community in there, and some are OU tournaments, so you might want to get involved with those!

Hi Lord B33! Glad to see you finally getting involved with Smogon!

For Ubers, you can check out the Ubers forum to participate in various projects that are in there! For Monotype, make sure to check out the ORAS Monotype thread to contribute your input on the metagame! You can post and contribute to Ubers and Monotype RMTs in the ORAS Other Teams forum, but make sure to read these three threads before you do anything there! If you'd like to write an Ubers analysis for a Pokemon, check out the OU Analyses forum! However, I wouldn't get quite involved with the Ubers Analyses forum until you know more about the Ubers tier. Make sure to check out the Tournaments forum too to join any future Ubers tournaments!

Why do you like Rhydon's family, M-Blaziken, and Dragalge? Is it for their competitive ability, design, what? I personally like Greninja, Dragalge, Weavile, and Crawdaunt.
To be honest, the reason why I like M-Blaziken and Rhyperior is probably their design, but Dragalge has a bit of sentimental value being the first shiny I ever encountered in-game (and failed to capture btw lol) I guess it's grown on me since then.

hello! i'm danny. i started playing pokemon gen 4, skipped gen 5, and loved gen 6.

i only played competitively in x but i'll continue after i beat oras.

i have a thing for monotype teams, and my favorite types are flying, dragon, fire, and fairy. i'm always looking for new ideas!

i also love themed teams, but they're so hard to do!

i'm on pokemon showdown as "birdenthusiast." (because i am a huge fan of birds.)

hello! i'm danny. i started playing pokemon gen 4, skipped gen 5, and loved gen 6.

i have a thing for monotype teams, and my favorite types are flying, dragon, fire, and fairy. i'm always looking for new ideas!

i'm on pokemon showdown as "birdenthusiast." (because i am a huge fan of birds.)
What up Danny, welcome to Smogon! I also skipped generation 5, so we have that in common. I eventually played through it, just to see if it was actually that bad. Why did you (decide to) skip it? Also, way back I did have a thing for monotype teams too, but that interest kind of left me. I now rather make teams as diverse as possible.
Is there anything specific reason you joined Smogon, or anything in particular you want to know? Don't be afraid to ask!
I also play Pokemon Showdown! every now and then, so maybe we'll encounter each other on there!

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head

Hi birdenthusiast! I started playing Pokemon at Gen 3, and I've played gens 3-5, i just don't have the money to play X&Y or OR/AS. :(

I like Monotype too, so there's something we have in common! If you want to contribute to the Monotype metagame, check out this thread! I personally like Flying and Normal Monotype teams the most, with Fairy being a close second.

What do you mean by themed teams? They sound interesting, can you explain them to me in a VM? I hope you enjoy your stay on Smogon!

- Rhythms​

Hi... I've been a lurker for a long time. Just recently got into battling again and am fresh out of high school. Would be cool to make some new friends. Shoot me a message. I have a ps4, just beat Alpha Sapphire, and like to play League of Legends. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)