General Introduce yourself!

I started with Pokemon... oh gods I don't even know.

Anyways..

I'm Zuke.. aka Ditto. I'm actually here more or less on a bit more formal buisness. I have a perfect IV ditto and I'm trying to fill out the PokeDex so I can acquire the Shiny Charm. I'm actually more of a breeder than a competitive player, but I imagine you all have enough of those. I was as soon as possible going to post a thread about trading perfect IV level 1 pokemon (So that the player can raise them however they please) for pokemon I don't have in my Pokedex yet but I don't have permission to post to the Wifi page yet apparently (Which confuses me) Send halp.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
I started with Pokemon... oh gods I don't even know.

Anyways..

I'm Zuke.. aka Ditto. I'm actually here more or less on a bit more formal buisness. I have a perfect IV ditto and I'm trying to fill out the PokeDex so I can acquire the Shiny Charm. I'm actually more of a breeder than a competitive player, but I imagine you all have enough of those. I was as soon as possible going to post a thread about trading perfect IV level 1 pokemon (So that the player can raise them however they please) for pokemon I don't have in my Pokedex yet but I don't have permission to post to the Wifi page yet apparently (Which confuses me) Send halp.
Hi Zuke117!
Welcome to the forums! Wow, a perfect IV Ditto? That's awesome. Since you're into both breeding and trading, I agree that you should get involved with the Wi-Fi community. The Wi-Fi forum is a great place to meet other Smogon users and either Wi-Fi battle them, trade, or get advice with breeding. Make sure to read the forum rules before you post a thread, though! If I recall correctly, you are required to have a certain number of posts before you can create a thread, which is why you can't post a thread yet. Talk to Chesty or Fluke for more help with the Wi-Fi forum. If you have any other general questions, feel free to use the Simple Questions threads. You can also PM me, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. We'll always be happy to help. Have a great time here! :)

Hi Zuke117!
Welcome to the forums! Wow, a perfect IV Ditto? That's awesome. Since you're into both breeding and trading, I agree that you should get involved with the Wi-Fi community. The Wi-Fi forum is a great place to meet other Smogon users and either Wi-Fi battle them, trade, or get advice with breeding. Make sure to read the forum rules before you post a thread, though! If I recall correctly, you are required to have a certain number of posts before you can create a thread, which is why you can't post a thread yet. Talk to Chesty or Fluke for more help with the Wi-Fi forum. If you have any other general questions, feel free to use the Simple Questions threads. You can also PM me, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. We'll always be happy to help. Have a great time here! :)
Oh lovely. xD I figured. Hopefully its not a crap ton.. That would be a bit annoying actually. And yeah the ditto was an oddity. The same day I was traded three other shines I got a fully leveled ditto with perfect IVs. I thought it was hacked at first but everything has come out legit about it from its location, level, symbols, etc. Even the stats so I can only assume its 110% legit.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm S0unds
My favorite Pokemon is Ninetales, I love the background story and just the beauty of it.
I just got Pokemon Showdown! (I'm hoping that is what PS means lol)
I want to learn about the competitive scene and play it in as a way to have fun
I might need help with learning the basics of how it all works, but once I learn the basics I should be fine on my own. I might also need some feedback to make sure I'm not making a grave mistake.
I'm currently in Okinawa, Japan but should be going back to USA in the next few months. Going to go to college for electrical engineering.
And my favorite Pokemon Games were Pokemon Ranger (ruined my first ds from all the spinning lol) and Pokemon Ruby (currently doing the Omega Ruby and loving it!)
I've been playing pokemon for fun since Pokemon Blue and Red were released to the states! I skipped Black and White and played a little of X&Y.
Hope to make a lot of new friends!

Hello, I'm S0unds
My favorite Pokemon is Ninetales, I love the background story and just the beauty of it.
I just got Pokemon Showdown! (I'm hoping that is what PS means lol)
I want to learn about the competitive scene and play it in as a way to have fun
I might need help with learning the basics of how it all works, but once I learn the basics I should be fine on my own. I might also need some feedback to make sure I'm not making a grave mistake.
I'm currently in Okinawa, Japan but should be going back to USA in the next few months. Going to go to college for electrical engineering.
And my favorite Pokemon Games were Pokemon Ranger (ruined my first ds from all the spinning lol) and Pokemon Ruby (currently doing the Omega Ruby and loving it!)
I've been playing pokemon for fun since Pokemon Blue and Red were released to the states! I skipped Black and White and played a little of X&Y.
Hope to make a lot of new friends!
Sup, welcome to Smogon. How much do you exactly now already about the competitive aspect of battling? Did you just get into IVs and EVs or are you a little more advanced already? Feel free to ask any questions that can clarify it for you.

If you have any general Smogon question for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty, TheHoodedGamer or QueBien about them. Be sure to enjoy your stay! Oh, and have a lot of fun in Japan for the remaining months!

I just got into IV's and EV's. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on it and stuff. My only question is what is a good rounded team to use to get introduced to competitive.

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just got into IV's and EV's. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos on it and stuff. My only question is what is a good rounded team to use to get introduced to competitive.
Welcome to Smogon! c: You can use any of the teams here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/rmt-archive.84/ or in the main team showcase forum: http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/team-showcase.314/ either of them should get you pretty good usable teams to help you get used to competitive battling. The other option is to play random battles so you can get used to what Pokemon use and build from there. Each tier forum has great resources too, so depending on what tier you want, you can pick from there.

Hi, I'm chess-z.

My favorite pokemon is almost always a three-way toss-up between Scolipede, Whimsicott and Shuckle. (I'm definitely the "Bug Friend" in my group.)
I do have a Pokemon Showdown account. The username is also chess-z (shows how creative I am).
I think I have a decent understanding of the current metagame. I have only been playing pokemon competitively for a couple of months now, so obviously my knowledge is quite flawed.
I found Smogon after I learned a little about EVs and IVs from my friends.
My goal on Smogon is to create some interesting niche sets and get feedback on them. I also want to make some more pokemon friends online.
MY first (and favorite) pokemon game was Emerald. I've been playing since Hoenn.

Hi! :3 I'm Shadow (or Jess/Jessica if you like idm), 17, English and play too much video games :P

I've been playing Pokémon for ages (Johto was my favourite region) and was into competitive during Gen 4, Gen 5 and the beginning of Gen 6 (I remember the old forums and strategy dex but I never actually made a Smogon account xD), and thought why not get back into it :P I played mostly OU, Ubers and a bit of Balanced Hackmons, and other than Pokemon I play Smite, LoL, Smash and a few others :D

So yeah that's a bit about me, look forward to seeing you guys around :3

Edit: Completely forgot, my favourite Pokémon are Gengar, Clefable and Sylveon :3

I've been around for a couple of weeks at this point, but I figured now that I'm settled I'd go out of my way to properly introduce myself.

My name's Jared, though I typically just go by Doc. I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since the anime was released in NA, but my experience with the games began with a copy of Silver I got in my Christmas stocking back in 2000. Since then I've always loved the games, though it wasn't until recent years that I started to appreciate their true depth. That's what brought me here to Smogon.

Most times you'll find me over on Wifi trying to help people get the Pokemon they need. I know breeding competitive Pokemon can be a real slog sometimes, so I aim to make other's experiences with it as straightforward as possible. That being said, I'm really more a breeder than a battler, and though I have a lot of experience with the games I don't have any competitive background whatsoever. I'm trying to fix that. I just downloaded Pokemon Showdown and I constructed my first UU team; I plan to try it out as soon as possible. Other than that, though, I generally prefer watching battles to partaking in them.

A few factoids about me, just to have it on record: I love video games of all types, especially Nintendo games. I love to cook and to eat. I really love music, and I'm always looking for new artists that I can follow. I do all of my own art, though whether I could really be called an artist is still up to debate. Finally, my favorite Pokemon generations are 2 and 5, and my favorite Pokemon is Arcanine.

Never be afraid to approach me about anything. Thanks, and I'll see you around, Smogon.

QueBien

Hi, I'm chess-z.

My favorite pokemon is almost always a three-way toss-up between Scolipede, Whimsicott and Shuckle. (I'm definitely the "Bug Friend" in my group.)
I do have a Pokemon Showdown account. The username is also chess-z (shows how creative I am).
I think I have a decent understanding of the current metagame. I have only been playing pokemon competitively for a couple of months now, so obviously my knowledge is quite flawed.
I found Smogon after I learned a little about EVs and IVs from my friends.
My goal on Smogon is to create some interesting niche sets and get feedback on them. I also want to make some more pokemon friends online.
MY first (and favorite) pokemon game was Emerald. I've been playing since Hoenn.
Hiya chess-z!
Nice to meet you! I love the Bug type a lot, too, although my favorite Pokemon are Bisharp and Lucario. I don't play too competitively, but I enjoy battling, especially in Monotype. I think I have decent knowledge of the metagame, since I have been battling competitively since early last year, but I am by no means an expert. I discovered Smogon by way of Showdown, but I was not active until late last year. What tiers do you like? Join the different tier communities and you'll gain more knowledge about the metagame and make friends at the same time. Check out the RMT section of the forums for a way to post teams and get feedback on them. If you need anything, just ask me, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. Have fun out here!
Hi! :3 I'm Shadow (or Jess/Jessica if you like idm), 17, English and play too much video games :P

I've been playing Pokémon for ages (Johto was my favourite region) and was into competitive during Gen 4, Gen 5 and the beginning of Gen 6 (I remember the old forums and strategy dex but I never actually made a Smogon account xD), and thought why not get back into it :P I played mostly OU, Ubers and a bit of Balanced Hackmons, and other than Pokemon I play Smite, LoL, Smash and a few others :D

So yeah that's a bit about me, look forward to seeing you guys around :3

Edit: Completely forgot, my favourite Pokémon are Gengar, Clefable and Sylveon :3
Hello ShadowFlood!
How are you finding Smogon? I've only been playing Pokemon for maybe four years, but I love everything about the franchise. Since I started with Emerald, Hoenn has and most likely always will be my favorite region. I played for a couple of years casually, until my friend got me started with Showdown a year and a half ago, and now I'm here! When I first started, I played only Random Battles to get a feel for type matchups and the rest of the basics, but now my favorite tier is Monotype. I still play most of the other tiers, though. I usually use Bug type Pokemon in Monotype, of which my favorite is Scizor. Well, anyway, feel free to PM me or the nice guys I tagged above if you need help. You could also use the Simple Questions threads if you like. Enjoy your stay here!
I've been around for a couple of weeks at this point, but I figured now that I'm settled I'd go out of my way to properly introduce myself.

My name's Jared, though I typically just go by Doc. I've been a fan of Pokemon ever since the anime was released in NA, but my experience with the games began with a copy of Silver I got in my Christmas stocking back in 2000. Since then I've always loved the games, though it wasn't until recent years that I started to appreciate their true depth. That's what brought me here to Smogon.

Most times you'll find me over on Wifi trying to help people get the Pokemon they need. I know breeding competitive Pokemon can be a real slog sometimes, so I aim to make other's experiences with it as straightforward as possible. That being said, I'm really more a breeder than a battler, and though I have a lot of experience with the games I don't have any competitive background whatsoever. I'm trying to fix that. I just downloaded Pokemon Showdown and I constructed my first UU team; I plan to try it out as soon as possible. Other than that, though, I generally prefer watching battles to partaking in them.

A few factoids about me, just to have it on record: I love video games of all types, especially Nintendo games. I love to cook and to eat. I really love music, and I'm always looking for new artists that I can follow. I do all of my own art, though whether I could really be called an artist is still up to debate. Finally, my favorite Pokemon generations are 2 and 5, and my favorite Pokemon is Arcanine.

Never be afraid to approach me about anything. Thanks, and I'll see you around, Smogon.
Hey Doctor Quark, or should I say Doc?
Welcome to Smogon! Wow, you've been playing for a long time. :o I've heard the first generation is one of, if not the best, but I still haven't played it yet. :( Before I actually joined Showdown and Smogon, I'd heard about the sites, but never really thought to try them. But luckily, I did, and I've improved a lot. If you have any trouble during your time at the Wi-Fi forum, Chesty and Fluke will be happy to help! I haven't really delved too deeply into breeding for competitively viable Pokemon, but I do agree that it can be really frustrating. Check out the UU forum here for helpful threads, like the UU Viability Rankings. I also enjoy playing various kinds of videogames, mostly FPS and racing, but I do occasionally play other types. My favorite generations are 3 and 6, and my favorite Pokemon is Bisharp, mostly because of its typing and design. As I mentioned above, use the SQSA threads, or PM me or the users I tagged. Have fun around here! :)

'Sup, I'm Milhau5.
Started playing on Shoddy in 09 and got active with VGC from 2010-2013. I remember when people used to absolutely hate Nintendo's ruleset for allowing Ubers and the scene was pretty small. You COULD go to the now-defunct Skarmbliss if you wanted set info, but it was a ghost town. That was more of a "figure shit out yourself" metagame.
I'm really not a fan of XY and just back into Pokemon for the old gens. Partly because I hate megas, partly because I love me Selfdestruct Snorlax.

I'm between jobs now and used to work in web design. My hobbies include drawing, cooking, and watching cheesy kung-fu movies.
I don't care if there's kids on here, my beverage of choice is Angry Orchard, if it's yours too you have good taste.

QueBien

'Sup, I'm Milhau5.
Started playing on Shoddy in 09 and got active with VGC from 2010-2013. I remember when people used to absolutely hate Nintendo's ruleset for allowing Ubers and the scene was pretty small. You COULD go to the now-defunct Skarmbliss if you wanted set info, but it was a ghost town. That was more of a "figure shit out yourself" metagame.
I'm really not a fan of XY and just back into Pokemon for the old gens. Partly because I hate megas, partly because I love me Selfdestruct Snorlax.

I'm between jobs now and used to work in web design. My hobbies include drawing, cooking, and watching cheesy kung-fu movies.
I don't care if there's kids on here, my beverage of choice is Angry Orchard, if it's yours too you have good taste.
Nice to meet you, Milhau5!
How's it going? I've never really gotten involved with VGC, but maybe someday I'll try it out. I mostly play Monotype nowadays, but I used to play a lot of OU and UU. I like XY quite a bit, actually, most likely because it was with XY that I started playing competitively. Say, have you visited the Old Gens room in Showdown? You can discuss the older generations with other users who like them. That might be a community you'd enjoy getting involved with. If you have any questions during your time here, feel free to use the Smogon Simple Questions threads or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads. You could also PM me if you'd like. Have fun and I'll see you around!

Heya there,
I'm OokamiDamashi, friends call me Kami.
Uhh well I came here to get better, well start, learning and training to raise and battle competitively.
I have seen a couple videos and such on things but I'm definitely confused out of my head.
But yeah, can't wait to get started.

Also... is there not just a Help forum? I can't really seem to find anything where I can ask just stupid questions without second-guessing "Is this even the right place, I shouldn't ask questions here". I don't know like a Players Helping Players or something of the sort forum~

Last edited:

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Heya there,
I'm OokamiDamashi, friends call me Kami.
Uhh well I came here to get better, well start, learning and training to raise and battle competitively.
I have seen a couple videos and such on things but I'm definitely confused out of my head.
But yeah, can't wait to get started.

Also... is there not just a Help forum? I can't really seem to find anything where I can ask just stupid questions without second-guessing "Is this even the right place, I shouldn't ask questions here". I don't know like a Players Helping Players or something of the sort forum~
Welcome to the Smogon family Kami, great to have you join us ! I myself also begun competitive Pokemon by watching videos from popular YouTube users. Unfortunately, we don't have a General help forum, but we have a few places that would be worth looking at. The Smogon Simple Questions thread is probably what you're looking for. This thread allows you to ask whatever you want about Smogon in general, so if you head over here, we'll be more than happy to answer your questions. Also the Battling 101 forum is an excellent forum to lurk around, and you can go here to check when the next round of signups are. Enjoy your stay, and we're glad to have you here !

I never really introced myself properly... So let's go!

I'm a 23 man who likes a lots of stuff!

First, my passion is the Painting. I paint a lot of stuff, mostly landscapes. I used Acrylic first because it's the less expensive of course! I proceed like this: I put a first layer of white Gesso, it makes the painting easier and softer. Then I draw my landscape, the lines, but just superficially, like that, the painting is not "overshadowed" by the lines of my pen. Finally, I paint! Layers, melting pot of colours, waiting it to dry, finishing the harmonies of colour, it's a hard work! But It's worth the while when it's vernished <3. But I do also Aquarelle and Huile. My Icons are Salavdore Dali and Van Gogh.

Then I absolutely LOVE cinema: Horror, Supense, Comedy, Thriller, Psychologic Drama...
As it's beautigfully made, sharpely cut like dentelle it worth the while! Recently I saw for the 1000 tims (XD no kidding, hum... just a little bit) Death Silence by James Wan. The music fits the key moments perfectly, it's like you're in the heroes brain! The actors, even though they are not "famous" are excellent, epecially the new mother of the hero(no SPOIL i promise ^^). The policeman is also good. But what I love in this movie is the reference to Hitchcock. Now, if it's not already done, GO AND SEE THE MOVIE! :)
My Icon is Alain Delon: Charisma, choice of his movies (over 100!), the fact the you rely to him easily even though I'm to look like Alain Delon, then he played really different roles: the bad boy, the evil doctor, the judge that's not that close minded..Etc.

Also, I love 80's pop-rock music. Supertramp, Téléphone, Kim Wilde. The old sonorities are so much different from now! I'm going to talk about one of my favorite icon is a french singer: France Gall. She used to work with Serge Gainsbourg, Michel Berger. Two of the great composer and writer of French music.

Then, of course Video Games! (This is what I do, playing video gaaaaaaames )
PS4: Mortal Komba, I d'ont always win, but when I do, I never loose a fatality eheh. The graphisme are excellent, and Devora, wow! Male favorite character: Scorpion! Because I ued to play this monster on the Sega Megadrive that I still have.
Wii (yes, still on wii): Sonic. ALL THE GAMES!
DS: Pokemon Y, X, RO , SA! I want Zelda because they really improved in the graphisms since Gameboy.
Then I play on Sega megadrive, Gameboy, Gamecube (Sonic Adventure <3, my childhood).

So I think I made my presentation! Hope you enjoyed it!

QueBien

First, my passion is the Painting. I paint a lot of stuff, mostly landscapes. I used Acrylic first because it's the less expensive of course! I proceed like this: I put a first layer of white Gesso, it makes the painting easier and softer. Then I draw my landscape, the lines, but just superficially, like that, the painting is not "overshadowed" by the lines of my pen. Finally, I paint! Layers, melting pot of colours, waiting it to dry, finishing the harmonies of colour, it's a hard work! But It's worth the while when it's vernished <3. But I do also Aquarelle and Huile. My Icons are Salavdore Dali and Van Gogh.

Then I absolutely LOVE cinema: Horror, Supense, Comedy, Thriller, Psychologic Drama...
As it's beautigfully made, sharpely cut like dentelle it worth the while! Recently I saw for the 1000 tims (XD no kidding, hum... just a little bit) Death Silence by James Wan. The music fits the key moments perfectly, it's like you're in the heroes brain! The actors, even though they are not "famous" are excellent, epecially the new mother of the hero(no SPOIL i promise ^^). The policeman is also good. But what I love in this movie is the reference to Hitchcock. Now, if it's not already done, GO AND SEE THE MOVIE! :)
My Icon is Alain Delon: Charisma, choice of his movies (over 100!), the fact the you rely to him easily even though I'm to look like Alain Delon, then he played really different roles: the bad boy, the evil doctor, the judge that's not that close minded..Etc.

Also, I love 80's pop-rock music. Supertramp, Téléphone, Kim Wilde. The old sonorities are so much different from now! I'm going to talk about one of my favorite icon is a french singer: France Gall. She used to work with Serge Gainsbourg, Michel Berger. Two of the great composer and writer of French music.

PS4: Mortal Komba, I d'ont always win, but when I do, I never loose a fatality eheh. The graphisme are excellent, and Devora, wow! Male favorite character: Scorpion! Because I ued to play this monster on the Sega Megadrive that I still have.
DS: Pokemon Y, X, RO , SA! I want Zelda because they really improved in the graphisms since Gameboy.
Then I play on Sega megadrive, Gameboy, Gamecube (Sonic Adventure <3, my childhood).

Hello FrenchGaudi!
How are you doing? I never really took a liking to painting, mostly because I didn't really have enough time for it. But I do agree: starting with a blank canvas and ending with something much more lifelike is definitely very satisfying! Say, have you thought of becoming an artist here at Smogon? Check out the Smeargle's Studio forum for more information. I love movies, too, especially action and suspense! Have you seen John Wick? I definitely recommend it: it's a great movie and pretty realistic, too. My favorite music era is probably the 90s, but the 80s are my second favorite. The song from the 80s I liked most is Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears. Video games are also a passion of mine, especially on Xbox systems. Aside from Pokemon, I play a lot of CoD and Forza, but I have quite a few other games in a collection I've built up on the X360. Anyway, don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have during your time here. You could also PM Chesty, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you enjoy your time here! :)

I'm fine th
Hello FrenchGaudi!
How are you doing? I never really took a liking to painting, mostly because I didn't really have enough time for it. But I do agree: starting with a blank canvas and ending with something much more lifelike is definitely very satisfying! Say, have you thought of becoming an artist here at Smogon? Check out the Smeargle's Studio forum for more information. I love movies, too, especially action and suspense! Have you seen John Wick? I definitely recommend it: it's a great movie and pretty realistic, too. My favorite music era is probably the 90s, but the 80s are my second favorite. The song from the 80s I liked most is Everybody Wants to Rule the World by Tears for Fears. Video games are also a passion of mine, especially on Xbox systems. Aside from Pokemon, I play a lot of CoD and Forza, but I have quite a few other games in a collection I've built up on the X360. Anyway, don't hesitate to ask me any questions you may have during your time here. You could also PM Chesty, Fluke, InfernapeTropius11, or TheHoodedGamer. I hope you enjoy your time here! :)
I'm fine thanks QueBien! And you?

I love realizing that my art is properly made and finished that's right!
I did an Arcanine in Fusain yesterday so I will make it my Avatar, you will tell me your thoughts? I don't fave unfortunately a good scanner or a good photo appareil... Just 4 mpxl for now! So I will buy a good Reflex to make my art more appealing, then I will start a good thread!

I love realistic movie, I will check this one this week end and I will tell you my thoughts! In English, it's not easy but I will make an effort!

I don't play Xbox myself, did you play on DreamCast? It was astonishing at this time!

Hey all of you Smogoners! I used to do a lot of Pokemon Showdown in the early X and Y days, but I stopped after a while. With my new laptop I got a couple days ago, I decided to try and get back into it. Although I hope the meta didn't change too much.
So, more about me... I attend high school in the tenth grade, and I also play Smash Bros. semi-competitively. And if you can't already tell by my profile pic, I also love anime.
My favorite game is Fire Emblem Awakening, but I pretty much enjoy anything Nintendo (other things, too, but Nintendo is just too great :3).

You already know you can talk to me but glad to see you settled in buddy:)

Hey all of you Smogoners! I used to do a lot of Pokemon Showdown in the early X and Y days, but I stopped after a while. With my new laptop I got a couple days ago, I decided to try and get back into it. Although I hope the meta didn't change too much.
So, more about me... I attend high school in the tenth grade, and I also play Smash Bros. semi-competitively. And if you can't already tell by my profile pic, I also love anime.
My favorite game is Fire Emblem Awakening, but I pretty much enjoy anything Nintendo (other things, too, but Nintendo is just too great :3).
I like nintendo a ton as well. There actually doing great to financially as a company as of now which I don't think people realize. The meta for pokemon has changed a decent amount since X and Y with tons of new megas and new pokemon. I play tons of nintendo games as well and I also play on steam now and then. I'm a senior in high school as well. If you need anything feel free to pm me or post on my profile. Good luck.

Hi there! Lad here!
I've been "crawling" in this forum for a while as a guest, but now the time has come to register as a proper user.
I started to play with the 1st Gen on my old Gameboy and, incredibly, I am still playing the series! (I jumped b/w1).
I am on PS (nick as "Silveraid") and i plan to learn how to battle and fight in a competitive way, since i've always been playing 4 fun.
My favourite beasts are definitely those of the DRAGON TYPE!

See you around!
;)

Hi there! I just discovered this site a little while ago and having been out of the goings on in pokemon since black and white and with the recent announcement of pokemon go I figured I'd come here and learn a little bit about what I have missed! (And maybe be able to show up my friends when go comes out)

I'm from NY and my favorite game is definitely pokemon silver/gold although I was around for the initial release of red/blue when I was younger and they were definitely my first loves when it came to pokemon and gaming in general.

I have also never played pokemon competitively so any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! As of right this second I'm trying to figure out which game I should pick up to catch up and I'll move forward from there.

Also I am on PS under the same name.

Please treat me nicely!
Shun

Last edited:
Hi Smogon! I'm a 14 years old student from South America and joined today, but I know something about competitive battling already!

My favourite pokemon is Volcarona and my favourite character is Zinnia.

You can find me in Showdown! as "Erai14" just like here.

I joined maily because I wanted to learn more about the competitive stuff and try to contribute to the comunity.

I would like to know how to join the learning program, please!

My first games were RBY wich I used to play in my uncle's gameboy and my favourite games are ORAS.

That's all for now.

See you!

Hey everyone!

I've been using Smogon's analysis to gain insight on my teams for a while now. My favorite Pokémon is Whimsicott, she is the first shiny I ever found way back in Gen V, about when I started battling online.

I'm here to talk about Pokémon as well as hopefully write analyses, I'm on PS "NovaRC" but I mainly watch battles seeing as I'm usually on mobile. I'm not sure if all I have to do to start my analysis writing is post on the thread and then I'm clear to write?

Hi there! Lad here!
I've been "crawling" in this forum for a while as a guest, but now the time has come to register as a proper user.
I started to play with the 1st Gen on my old Gameboy and, incredibly, I am still playing the series! (I jumped b/w1).
I am on PS (nick as "Silveraid") and i plan to learn how to battle and fight in a competitive way, since i've always been playing 4 fun.
My favourite beasts are definitely those of the DRAGON TYPE!

See you around!
;)
Hi there Lad a Dog and welcome to Smogon! I personally started with Sapphire and Leaf Green for the Game Boy Advance. And have played every main game series except DPP. I personally LOVE Dragon Types, especially Mega Charizard X and Dialga. If you want to get into Competitive battling, you can go and check out the Team Showcase Thread for the specific tier you are interested in, or talk to QueBien, Fluke, Chesty, InfernapeTropius11, or I. You can also talk to any of us if you have any questions.
Hi there! I just discovered this site a little while ago and having been out of the goings on in pokemon since black and white and with the recent announcement of pokemon go I figured I'd come here and learn a little bit about what I have missed! (And maybe be able to show up my friends when go comes out)

I'm from NY and my favorite game is definitely pokemon silver/gold although I was around for the initial release of red/blue when I was younger and they were definitely my first loves when it came to pokemon and gaming in general.

I have also never played pokemon competitively so any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated! As of right this second I'm trying to figure out which game I should pick up to catch up and I'll move forward from there.

Also I am on PS under the same name.

Please treat me nicely!
Shun
Hello Shunejii and welcome to Smogon! I'm from WA and my favorite game is Sapphire, just because it's the first game that I actually played to completion (most of the Pokedex filled out, all the legendaries able to get caught in the game). I'd be glad to help you with competitive battling, just pm me. Same thing as the message above, just pm one of use if you have questions.
Hi Smogon! I'm a 14 years old student from South America and joined today, but I know something about competitive battling already!

My favourite pokemon is Volcarona and my favourite character is Zinnia.

You can find me in Showdown! as "Erai14" just like here.

I joined maily because I wanted to learn more about the competitive stuff and try to contribute to the comunity.

I would like to know how to join the learning program, please!

My first games were RBY wich I used to play in my uncle's gameboy and my favourite games are ORAS.

That's all for now.

See you!
Hello Erai14 and welcome to Smogon! That's a good thing that you already know stuff about Compeetitive, that just means you are ahead. If you wanna learn more about Competitive, you can go to the Team Showcase Thread or you can PM me.
Hey everyone!

I've been using Smogon's analysis to gain insight on my teams for a while now. My favorite Pokémon is Whimsicott, she is the first shiny I ever found way back in Gen V, about when I started battling online.

I'm here to talk about Pokémon as well as hopefully write analyses, I'm on PS "NovaRC" but I mainly watch battles seeing as I'm usually on mobile. I'm not sure if all I have to do to start my analysis writing is post on the thread and then I'm clear to write?
Hi ShadowBlizzard and welcome to Smogon! Funny enough, my first shiny was a Unown on Soul Silver. I believe to write Analysises you have to be certified by one of the admins for that thread. You can pm any of us if you have any further questions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)