General Introduce yourself!

Have you already visited the Doubles and OU rooms in PS! yet? If not, I strongly recommend doing so, as it can help you to learn a lot about those tiers. While I can't give you much advice on either tier, I can give you some information to help you start off. I can tell you right now that Mega Lucario is banned in OU, but if I recall correctly, it's allowed in Doubles. In my opinion, mixed Mega Lucario is the best option. Mega Swampert is best on rain teams, so something like Politoed would be a great option. This goes for both OU and Doubles. As for Gallade, Tyranitar is a good option in Doubles and OU, as they can do a decent job of covering each other's weaknesses. Good luck with the rest of your teambuilding! :)
doubles and ou rooms? is that a thread here at the forums?

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
doubles and ou rooms? is that a thread here at the forums?
No, the Doubles room you can find here, and the OU room is here. There are subforums for both here at Smogon, too.
Hey everyone, I'm Manny and I've been playing pokemon for about 7 years, but started competitive battling about 3 years ago. I've been on Showdown for about 2 years, and PO for 3. I thought making this account would help me on my road to becoming voiced and then admin in the OU and UU chatrooms. Please show me some support. Thanks you :)
Hey She wants the D !
How are you doing? I've been playing Pokemon in general for a whopping 4 years, and competitive for about two years come March. I used to be very active on Pokemon Showdown, but recently my activity level has dropped a lot. I visited the Other Metas room frequently, and I loved it. The community is very welcoming and friendly, and the overall atmosphere is really enjoyable. I'm sure if you maintain a constant activity level, have a good attitude, and contribute a lot, you'll get voice soon enough. Higher ranks require even more hard work, but if you keep at it, I'm sure you'll get there. :) Don't hesitate to PM me, Chesty, Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you need anything. Have a great time here!

Last edited:
hi i'm ascher and i very rarely ladder, tbh the only reason i joined smogon forums is to play in a certain subforum *cough* asb *cough* i ladder ubers and mono i guess that's it tbh

this is for u shroomish

Hey! I'm not new to smogon, but I finally made an account.
What brought me here, is trying to complete my shiny, battle ready dex! I needed help with movesets.

It's almost done :D

Hello. I am new, I heard you need to ask a moderator before posting on competitive. Is that true? If so... Could I do so please ?

hi i'm ascher and i very rarely ladder, tbh the only reason i joined smogon forums is to play in a certain subforum *cough* asb *cough* i ladder ubers and mono i guess that's it tbh

this is for u shroomish
Sup Ascher, welcome. I also play Ubers from time to time. What's your name on Pokemon Showdown!? Maybe we've battled before. And are there any other reasons you've joined Smogon besides 'that'?

Hey! I'm not new to smogon, but I finally made an account.
What brought me here, is trying to complete my shiny, battle ready dex! I needed help with movesets.

It's almost done :D
Sup! Welcome to Smogon. Do you still need help with movesets and such? If yes, check out the Rate My Team section. People there are kind enough to rate your teams and give feedback on them. Make sure to read the rules first, though!

If you have any other questions for now just ask 'em here or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11!

Hello. I am new, I heard you need to ask a moderator before posting on competitive. Is that true? If so... Could I do so please ?
Hey, welcome Wokko. The only thing I know of is that posts will be monitored and moderated with the expectation that everyone is following the framework. So just abide the rules and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:
Sup Ascher, welcome. I also play Ubers from time to time. What's your name on Pokemon Showdown!? Maybe we've battled before. And are there any other reasons you've joined Smogon besides 'that'?

Sup! Welcome to Smogon. Do you still need help with movesets and such? If yes, check out the Rate My Team section. People there are kind enough to rate your teams and give feedback on them. Make sure to read the rules first, though!

If you have any other questions for now just ask 'em here or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11!

Hey, welcome Wokko. The only thing I know of is that posts will be monitored and moderated with the expectation that everyone is following the framework. So just abide the rules and you'll be good to go.
Thanks, so you're saying as long as it's appropriate to the forum I can? Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

I ladder as BedWedBehead, and honestly, no, I don't have any other reasons, I very rarely even view the forums.

Hi Raymi!
Welcome to Smogon! I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for almost two years now, and I have to say, I've enjoyed every second. <3 I guess it's thanks to the friendly community that's made me want to stay this entire time. Bisharp has been my favorite Pokemon ever since I started using the Pokemon way back when it was in UU. Design and typing are what matter most to me when I choose my favorite Pokemon. My favorite type is Steel, because most of my favorite Pokemon (Lucario, Genesect, etc.) have the type, but when I play Monotype, I use the Bug type the most by far. Do you have an idea of what aspects of Smogon interest you the most? If you want to get involved in an area but don't know where to start, feel free to PM me and I'll try to help you out the best I can. If you have other questions, you can use the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the several Simple Questions Simple Answers threads. Have a great time! :)
Thank you! I actually play Monotype and OU the most :)

oh an intro thread how convenient

Hi, I'm Pixonn. I'm 13 and I like to sit on my bed.

but just call me pixon because i messed up my last email when signing up

I'm here to play the Porky Man and maybe learn about it. You see, I don't know how Porky Men work, because I just recently started it. So it'd be nice to learn some stuff for competitive play.

maybe ill get free stuff in the process...

Anyways, thanks and such.

oh an intro thread how convenient

Hi, I'm Pixonn. I'm 13 and I like to sit on my bed.

but just call me pixon because i messed up my last email when signing up

I'm here to play the Porky Man and maybe learn about it. You see, I don't know how Porky Men work, because I just recently started it. So it'd be nice to learn some stuff for competitive play.

maybe ill get free stuff in the process...

Anyways, thanks and such.
What's up Pixonn, welcome to Smogon. This is definitely the right place to learn more about competitive battling. I advice you to first get into the fundamentals, such as EV training, IVs and other basic game mechanics, before you start going more in-depth on teams. You'll understand everything better if you know the basics. After that, I think the Rate My Team section is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal.

What's up Pixonn, welcome to Smogon. This is definitely the right place to learn more about competitive battling. I advice you to first get into the fundamentals, such as EV training, IVs and other basic game mechanics, before you start going more in-depth on teams. You'll understand everything better if you know the basics. After that, I think the Rate My Team section is a good place for you (be sure to read the rules first though). In the Rate My Team section (RMT for short), players are generous enough to rate teams and give very useful feedback. They'll explain what works and what doesn't, and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal.
Thank you! I'll be certain to do those things.

Hi everyone!!! I'm Red Tesseract :P
I'm 21 and have played pokémon for years now, but only 3rd and 5th generation, plus some hacks/fangames from those generations as well.
My favourites Pkms are Metagross and Gengar.
I've never dug into competitive battle, but mostly because I've never had people to compete with (playing on emulator, or on GBA when everybody had DS). I'm itching to learn though :)

Now I'm trying to create my own game (3th gen style) with Pokemon Essentials, and maybe even my own fakemon if I learn how to sprite or find a spriter. That's how I found Smogon: I was looking for tutorials and steps on how to create a Pokémon, then I found this and really liked the idea and the project.

For now I will try to follow up CAP21 and participate when it's possible without making a fool of myself :P

See you around!!!

Ps: I know the very basics and some things about IVs and EVs (breeding and training). I need to learn from that point on :D

Hi everyone!!! I'm Red Tesseract :P
I'm 21 and have played pokémon for years now, but only 3rd and 5th generation, plus some hacks/fangames from those generations as well.
My favourites Pkms are Metagross and Gengar.
I've never dug into competitive battle, but mostly because I've never had people to compete with (playing on emulator, or on GBA when everybody had DS). I'm itching to learn though :)

Now I'm trying to create my own game (3th gen style) with Pokemon Essentials, and maybe even my own fakemon if I learn how to sprite or find a spriter. That's how I found Smogon: I was looking for tutorials and steps on how to create a Pokémon, then I found this and really liked the idea and the project.

For now I will try to follow up CAP21 and participate when it's possible without making a fool of myself :P

See you around!!!

Ps: I know the very basics and some things about IVs and EVs (breeding and training). I need to learn from that point on :D
Hey Red Tesseract, welcome to Smogon. I checked your post at CAP21 but unfortunately the link is broken. Please fix it! I'm curious. And keep me updated on your progress!

If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal. These people know a lot and can definitely help you out with almost everything, especially when it comes to the competitive side of Pokemon. Have fun out here :)

Hey Red Tesseract, welcome to Smogon. I checked your post at CAP21 but unfortunately the link is broken. Please fix it! I'm curious. And keep me updated on your progress!

If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal. These people know a lot and can definitely help you out with almost everything, especially when it comes to the competitive side of Pokemon. Have fun out here :)
Thanks Fluke!!
I don't know about the link, it works fine to me... I'm still going to edit it and put another one, thanks for telling me.

About everything else: Will do!! :)

Thanks Fluke!!
I don't know about the link, it works fine to me... I'm still going to edit it and put another one, thanks for telling me.

About everything else: Will do!! :)
Just got notified by a mod that your link had a typo in it, and that it was fixed. So no worries. And you're welcome!

An introduction thread?

Hehe, I'd like to introduce myself as LoZ_SkullKid. So I've been playing Pokémon for about ten years now, and obviously my favorite pokémon are Darkrai and Greninja. But anyway, I've been playing since third gen all the way to sixth gen.

I'm mostly here for the battles so I can improve on my every mistake that I've made, and sometimes I watch replays so I can learn from the points that are given, if any.

So, with that in mind, I'll see you around. Ehehe!

Hi, I'm mac1275. I've been here for a while mostly as part of the competitive threads, but I wanted to get a bit more involved in the forums as a whole. Been playing Pokemon since gen 1 (and competitive from gen 5 onward) and am trying to get back into the mid to upper level battling scene after a short hiatus and well Smogon is the best place to do that. Anyway, see you all around the forums. :)

Hello, I'm new to this simulator. It so far seems like an amazing game and I would love to bond with the community people as well. Call me whatever you feel like is appropriate for the time, I'm sure I'll see you all around in the game and in the forums. Hope we get along! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

An introduction thread?

Hehe, I'd like to introduce myself as LoZ_SkullKid. So I've been playing Pokémon for about ten years now, and obviously my favorite pokémon are Darkrai and Greninja. But anyway, I've been playing since third gen all the way to sixth gen.

I'm mostly here for the battles so I can improve on my every mistake that I've made, and sometimes I watch replays so I can learn from the points that are given, if any.

So, with that in mind, I'll see you around. Ehehe!
I can help you with a few battling tips and even do a few battles with you on showdown if you would like. These other people can help you and give you a few tips QueBien Fluke TheHoodedGamer. I played Pokemon for almost ten years and I've been on the competitive scene for two years and I have improved a lot. My only comment and advice to you is play a lot and enjoy and learn from your mistakes. Don't get frustrated there will always be people out there that will put you down sadly. Good luck on smogon if you need any other Questions let me know.
Hi, I'm mac1275. I've been here for a while mostly as part of the competitive threads, but I wanted to get a bit more involved in the forums as a whole. Been playing Pokemon since gen 1 (and competitive from gen 5 onward) and am trying to get back into the mid to upper level battling scene after a short hiatus and well Smogon is the best place to do that. Anyway, see you all around the forums. :)
I have been playing Pokemon since gen 3 and 4. If you need help on battling I can help when I have some free time and also you should try looking at the strategy guide on smogon and getting familiar with the tiers. Be prepared for anything really. Good luck on smogon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)