General Introduce yourself!

Hey there! Welcome to Smogon!

You said you lurked around the forums already, so you must know the UU forum and all most of the stuff about competitive already, but, if you have a question, send a PM to me or to TheHoodedGamer, Fluke, QueBien, Dr Ciel , Chesty and we will help you.

Arcanine is cool pokemon, but i never used it properly, so all i can tell is that is used as a Physical Wall, and is a UU mon, so you can make it shine there!

Hope to see you around the forums!
Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking in the competitive sections most of all, checking out the viability threads to determine which meta had the higher number of 'mons I wanted to use.

What's your favourite Pokémon, and do you do much battling yourself?

Thanks for the welcome! I've been lurking in the competitive sections most of all, checking out the viability threads to determine which meta had the higher number of 'mons I wanted to use.

What's your favourite Pokémon, and do you do much battling yourself?
My favourite pokemon is Volcarona, she's is so majestic, and she's very good at OU!

I cant battle so much until vacations in a month :c

(Sorry for taking so long, i was at my TKD classes, recieved some kicks in the head but i survived again xD)

Hi I'm Fineon. Originally I found PS through a friend around a few months before XY came out. I usually nowadays chill in the RU room as its my favorite tier. I like it as no one really plays it and the room really isn't crowded compared to the others. I kinda disappeared for a few months after ORAS came out, and I am just now getting back into Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon is Finneon (ofc). And that's me :)

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hi I'm Fineon. Originally I found PS through a friend around a few months before XY came out. I usually nowadays chill in the RU room as its my favorite tier. I like it as no one really plays it and the room really isn't crowded compared to the others. I kinda disappeared for a few months after ORAS came out, and I am just now getting back into Pokemon. My favorite Pokemon is Finneon (ofc). And that's me :)
Hey Fineon and welcome to Smogon! I also found out about PS through a friend, but that was just a couple months before the ORAS release :p I usually hang out in the Other Metas room, because I love the creativity present in many OMs. If you're interested in learning more about RU you should check out their subforum on Smogon, here! My favourite Pokemon are Infernape (obviously) then Tropius (also pretty obvious lol). If you have any questions feel free to ask them in this thread or Start a Conversation with me, Chesty, QueBien, Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, or Erai14! I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi, I'm Silvergreen, so I've started playing mon since gen 1, all the way till gen 5, I didn't play competitive much till then, maybe a bit in gen 4...?I mostly did in game play-through, tbh I loved gen 5, cool story line :D. I took a long break afterward until Pokemon xy came out, from there I got into competitive. I haven't been onto forums a lot that time, just lurking at section like most people do, now I got back. I am familiar at making teams, even though I am not that good of a battler. I just enjoy finding unique core, something different, and also watching how other people do. I hope people can teach me more things so I can get better. By the way, my favorite Pokemon is Gallade. I caught Ralts and raised Gallade into high level which did so much work in-game, it's such a cool Pokemon. I am at Pokemon showdown often so if anyone wants to build a team together or test a new team, pm me, cause I would definitely love to. See you around, Peace! <:

Hi, I'm Silvergreen, so I've started playing mon since gen 1, all the way till gen 5, I didn't play competitive much till then, maybe a bit in gen 4...?I mostly did in game play-through, tbh I loved gen 5, cool story line :D. I took a long break afterward until Pokemon xy came out, from there I got into competitive. I haven't been onto forums a lot that time, just lurking at section like most people do, now I got back. I am familiar at making teams, even though I am not that good of a battler. I just enjoy finding unique core, something different, and also watching how other people do. I hope people can teach me more things so I can get better. By the way, my favorite Pokemon is Gallade. I caught Ralts and raised Gallade into high level which did so much work in-game, it's such a cool Pokemon. I am at Pokemon showdown often so if anyone wants to build a team together or test a new team, pm me, cause I would definitely love to. See you around, Peace! <:
Welcome to Smogon Silvergreen, hope you enjoy your time here :). Ironically, I skipped gen 4 and 5, something that people keep telling me I should probably remedy. I didn't start competitive until XY as well. Gallade is one of my favorites too, although I wish its ability wasn't so terrible. Personally I find a good way to learn how to battle is to grab a team I like the look of from the archives, make a test account, and ladder with it until I'm familiar with how it works, its weaknesses, and how to handle its weaknesses. Let me know if you ever need help with team building or testing, and I'd be happy to help you out.

Hello everyone! I am Celestial Calendar, commonly known as CC from the beautiful people in the CT room. I started getting into pokemon competitively around February of this year. My absolute favorite pokemon is Tangrowth. I remember playing on the sim. casually on the AG ladder and just chilling in the lobby around February of 2014. I'm not exactly what you would call active on the forums, but you could definitely spark a conversation with me in the CT room! The first main series pokemon game I ever played was FireRed and LeafGreen and the first one I ever owned and let alone beat was Black and White. I don't really know what else to put here, so I guess I'll leave it at that. I've been wanting to do this for a while and it feels good to just have it posted and let other people get to know me. Anyways . . ! you can always catch me in the Competitive Tutoring room and maybe I'll see you in there!

Hello everyone! I am Celestial Calendar, commonly known as CC from the beautiful people in the CT room. I started getting into pokemon competitively around February of this year. My absolute favorite pokemon is Tangrowth. I remember playing on the sim. casually on the AG ladder and just chilling in the lobby around February of 2014. I'm not exactly what you would call active on the forums, but you could definitely spark a conversation with me in the CT room! The first main series pokemon game I ever played was FireRed and LeafGreen and the first one I ever owned and let alone beat was Black and White. I don't really know what else to put here, so I guess I'll leave it at that. I've been wanting to do this for a while and it feels good to just have it posted and let other people get to know me. Anyways . . ! you can always catch me in the Competitive Tutoring room and maybe I'll see you in there!
Hey dude welcome to smogon. I can give you some tips or help you out on the site if you would like. Also Fluke and TheHoodedGamer and QueBien can help you. I play sometimes on showdown as well when I have time and I also like to help out other users as well. I like fire red and leaf green those were great games and I personally like generation four a lot. If you want to talk feel free to pm me and we can talk about random stuff. See yah and good luck:)

Heyo! Guess I'm one of the newbies, but the username's MullberryPossum! I'm a college student/Pokemon Breeder who has WAY too much time on her hands. I'm definitely not a Pokenoob, even though I've only been playing since Gen 4 (imma Sinnoh baby!), I've played every gen since and played at least one game from every gen. As for my favorite Pokemon, it comes down between Gardevoir and Mawille; Gardevoir being the first shiny I ever hatched, and Mawille being my trusty partner since Gen 5. My favorite Pokemon games are definitely Black and White, mainly for the story, so... come at me Gen 5 haters! I joined Smogon because I wanted to learn a bit more about competitive battling and hopefully expand my trade list a bit, maybe even open a trade/breeding shop. I will definitely need help with competitive battling basics, as I've never fought a serious competitive battle in my life, though I have bred plenty of perfect IV Pokes. I'd love to add a new element to my playstyle and to give myself new goals to work toward when breeding. Anyway, glad to be here! Mullberry OUT! :3

Heyo! Guess I'm one of the newbies, but the username's MullberryPossum! I'm a college student/Pokemon Breeder who has WAY too much time on her hands. I'm definitely not a Pokenoob, even though I've only been playing since Gen 4 (imma Sinnoh baby!), I've played every gen since and played at least one game from every gen. As for my favorite Pokemon, it comes down between Gardevoir and Mawille; Gardevoir being the first shiny I ever hatched, and Mawille being my trusty partner since Gen 5. My favorite Pokemon games are definitely Black and White, mainly for the story, so... come at me Gen 5 haters! I joined Smogon because I wanted to learn a bit more about competitive battling and hopefully expand my trade list a bit, maybe even open a trade/breeding shop. I will definitely need help with competitive battling basics, as I've never fought a serious competitive battle in my life, though I have bred plenty of perfect IV Pokes. I'd love to add a new element to my playstyle and to give myself new goals to work toward when breeding. Anyway, glad to be here! Mullberry OUT! :3
Welcome to smogon. I liked generation 4 as well and my first Pokemon game was diamond. If you need help with breeding you should start by getting a 6iv ditto. Go to the wifi forum and go to the simple questions simple answers thread. If you need stuff to breed with for your trade thread check out the links below in my signature and I can give you a few stuff. If your gonna open a trade thread make sure to trade stuff that's not hacked of course:) that's a ton of stuff if you need help let me know and I can help you out. See yah.

Good Morning Everyone,

Just thought I'd post a quick introduction (3 years after initially signing up!). I'm from the UK and have been enjoy Pokemon since I was a kid and although I don't play as much now (with work and family taking the priority), I do go through stages where I get into it again.

My favourite Pokemon is probably Groudon, but that is a close-run thing. In terms of the games, my favourite is Emerald, and my least favourite probably B2W2 - that the only one I really didn't enjoy playing through.

In terms of being here, the main reason is to get help with RNG, particularly using PPRNG for Generation 4 games, I'm normally really good at working thing out based on instructions but this has really got me stuck (specifically about how a synchronise lead affects Method J Pokemon - I just can't figure out how to get a flawless adamant stationery pokemon!), but I will read through the relevant thread and see if I can get an answer there and post if I can't :)

Longer term I'd like to get more into competitive battling and will probably need a lot more help with that! :)

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good Morning Everyone,

Just thought I'd post a quick introduction (3 years after initially signing up!). I'm from the UK and have been enjoy Pokemon since I was a kid and although I don't play as much now (with work and family taking the priority), I do go through stages where I get into it again.

My favourite Pokemon is probably Groudon, but that is a close-run thing. In terms of the games, my favourite is Emerald, and my least favourite probably B2W2 - that the only one I really didn't enjoy playing through.

In terms of being here, the main reason is to get help with RNG, particularly using PPRNG for Generation 4 games, I'm normally really good at working thing out based on instructions but this has really got me stuck (specifically about how a synchronise lead affects Method J Pokemon - I just can't figure out how to get a flawless adamant stationery pokemon!), but I will read through the relevant thread and see if I can get an answer there and post if I can't :)

Longer term I'd like to get more into competitive battling and will probably need a lot more help with that! :)
Hey never too late to post... I'm just surprised you remembered you had an account here lol. So good job! Yeah a lotta people don't really play Pokemon much anymore but stay here for the friends because people get close here. C: So it's a good reason to come back!

Nooo why don't people like Unova?? Actually wait, you can be redeemed if you like Black and White. I didn't like B2W2 that much but B/W were amazing so HERE'S HOPING (if not, don't worry, I won't judge...)

Yeah... that's certainly not my area so good luck with figuring stuff out. I just like getting natural shinies... and safari shinies. :') Either way I'm sure someone in the wifi area can help you out, so have a look around if you need extra help (if worse comes to worst, post in simple questions here, since it's a catch-all pretty much).

Cool. :) There's a thread in this forum with some competitive battling info on it so have a lookie at that for a few of the basics (the tiering thread is good too). If you know the basics already, best thing you can do is to learn by experience (and random battles - which help a lot), so when you're ready jump on PS, play some games and you'll know... more? Either way, you can also grab a tutor (probably at the end of next month) in B101 who can help you out as well too. :) Welcome... back anyway? Have fun around here and don't be afraid to hang here (in this forum) until you know more stuff. C:

My favourite pokemon is Volcarona, she's is so majestic, and she's very good at OU!

I cant battle so much until vacations in a month :c

(Sorry for taking so long, i was at my TKD classes, recieved some kicks in the head but i survived again xD)
Volcarona is a very classy 'mon. Have never used it, unfortunately, but I've always liked the design and seeing it in videos etc. Glad you managed to survive the head kicking!

Heya everyone! Electro Jazz here. I'm sorta new, but not so new, cuz I knew smogon from a long time ago. But, I wasn't really into competitive gameplay until recently. I don't know how I got into, probably because of the competition between my friends. My favourite pokes have to be Garchomp and Aggron, cuz they are just too badass.

That's it for my intro.

Heya everyone! Electro Jazz here. I'm sorta new, but not so new, cuz I knew smogon from a long time ago. But, I wasn't really into competitive gameplay until recently. I don't know how I got into, probably because of the competition between my friends. My favourite pokes have to be Garchomp and Aggron, cuz they are just too badass.

That's it for my intro.
Sup Electro Jazz, I don't think I have welcomed you yet so: Welcome! Aggron (and especially Mega Aggron) is indeed badass. I have got a nice shiny Aron I don't do anything with lying around you can have for free, if you're interested. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes Aggron :')

Is there any specific reason you joined Smogon? Competitive battling? Trading and breeding? Perhaps I can show you some cool and helpful places.. If you're just looking for some nice people to talk to, just PM me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with anything :)

Hey everyone,
so I played a lot of competitive Pokemon when I was in high school and now that I am in grad school I am deciding that I want to get back into things and get involved with the community again. I started playing competitive way back in DPP but it took a lot of time and while I was going through college I just didn't have much interest in Pokemon. I still kinda kept an I on what was going on in the metagame, (mostly through Youtube) but in the small amount that I have been playing recently I have been enjoying it.

So I just wanted to post on here and say HI to everyone!

Hey everyone,
so I played a lot of competitive Pokemon when I was in high school and now that I am in grad school I am deciding that I want to get back into things and get involved with the community again. I started playing competitive way back in DPP but it took a lot of time and while I was going through college I just didn't have much interest in Pokemon. I still kinda kept an I on what was going on in the metagame, (mostly through Youtube) but in the small amount that I have been playing recently I have been enjoying it.

So I just wanted to post on here and say HI to everyone!
What's up Funkk, welcome to Smogon. I actually kind of left off at DPP, but it seems that you picked where I left off. Glad to see other regions other than Kanto/Johto/Hoenn being enjoyed. I would gladly show you some helpful pages, but to be honest I don't really know what you're looking to find on Smogon, if there's anything specific of course. Let me know, and I'll try to help you! A nice and handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Hey never too late to post... I'm just surprised you remembered you had an account here lol. So good job! Yeah a lotta people don't really play Pokemon much anymore but stay here for the friends because people get close here. C: So it's a good reason to come back!

Nooo why don't people like Unova?? Actually wait, you can be redeemed if you like Black and White. I didn't like B2W2 that much but B/W were amazing so HERE'S HOPING (if not, don't worry, I won't judge...)

Yeah... that's certainly not my area so good luck with figuring stuff out. I just like getting natural shinies... and safari shinies. :') Either way I'm sure someone in the wifi area can help you out, so have a look around if you need extra help (if worse comes to worst, post in simple questions here, since it's a catch-all pretty much).

Cool. :) There's a thread in this forum with some competitive battling info on it so have a lookie at that for a few of the basics (the tiering thread is good too). If you know the basics already, best thing you can do is to learn by experience (and random battles - which help a lot), so when you're ready jump on PS, play some games and you'll know... more? Either way, you can also grab a tutor (probably at the end of next month) in B101 who can help you out as well too. :) Welcome... back anyway? Have fun around here and don't be afraid to hang here (in this forum) until you know more stuff. C:
Thanks for the response, I did like Black and White (I have just replayed White as it was a lot better than I remembered as well) - it was just Black 2 and White 2 I didn't enjoy as much :)

Sup Electro Jazz, I don't think I have welcomed you yet so: Welcome! Aggron (and especially Mega Aggron) is indeed badass. I have got a nice shiny Aron I don't do anything with lying around you can have for free, if you're interested. Glad to see that I'm not the only one who likes Aggron :')

Is there any specific reason you joined Smogon? Competitive battling? Trading and breeding? Perhaps I can show you some cool and helpful places.. If you're just looking for some nice people to talk to, just PM me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with anything :)
Hey, thanks!! I feel that people don't actually see Aggron's true potential ya'know. His stats are not the best, but his Mega-evo helps him alot. And I joined smogon, to get help and get guided, especially cuz competitive battling wasn't my thing till this year. Hoping for all of you guys' support!

Hey, thanks!! I feel that people don't actually see Aggron's true potential ya'know. His stats are not the best, but his Mega-evo helps him alot. And I joined smogon, to get help and get guided, especially cuz competitive battling wasn't my thing till this year. Hoping for all of you guys' support!
Oh so you're trying to get better at battling huh? If you're willing to learn from a tutor, check out Battling 101, Smogon's tutoring program. You can sign up as an apprentice to learn how to play the game from experts. You can also take your teams to the Rate My Team section, where people can rate them and give you feedback on how to use them optimally. Or you can just battle me, and I could give you some tips :D

Oh so you're trying to get better at battling huh? If you're willing to learn from a tutor, check out Battling 101, Smogon's tutoring program. You can sign up as an apprentice to learn how to play the game from experts. You can also take your teams to the Rate My Team section, where people can rate them and give you feedback on how to use them optimally. Or you can just battle me, and I could give you some tips :D
Not only battling! I do breed a bit and about battling you, I'm afraid I'll be 6-0ed XD

Not only battling! I do breed a bit and about battling you, I'm afraid I'll be 6-0ed XD
Are you familiar with Pokemon Showdown!? We can do random battles on there, so you can have the edge over me when it comes down to teams. We can just chat while we are battling and I can gradually just give you tips and tricks about the basics. And I can always just go easy on you. After all, it's about having fun :)

i know i have already posted here but after not being on the site for a wile i wanted to say some thing ya know get some help talk t some one since i have had no one to talk to and i created this account to go on Pokemon showdown and get a grasp of the basics of smoggon and competitive battling in general but since then i forgot about the site and i haven't been able to learn much but some basic things but i don't under stand them fully and i would like to have some one who has more of an understanding someone to learn with and some one who is more advanced in there knowledge of competitive battling to maybe help me out and help me advance my skill and knowledge and go over the basic rules and terms of competitive battling in a way were i can grasp it and advance my self and grow more with the community and get better so if there is any one who can help me please don't hesitate to reply i i've been really wanting some one who can help me its been really long since i joined and nothing has happen and its only making me even more sad that i cant be with a community that i have really been wanting to be in

i know i have already posted here but after not being on the site for a wile i wanted to say some thing ya know get some help talk t some one since i have had no one to talk to and i created this account to go on Pokemon showdown and get a grasp of the basics of smoggon and competitive battling in general but since then i forgot about the site and i haven't been able to learn much but some basic things but i don't under stand them fully and i would like to have some one who has more of an understanding someone to learn with and some one who is more advanced in there knowledge of competitive battling to maybe help me out and help me advance my skill and knowledge and go over the basic rules and terms of competitive battling in a way were i can grasp it and advance my self and grow more with the community and get better so if there is any one who can help me please don't hesitate to reply i i've been really wanting some one who can help me its been really long since i joined and nothing has happen and its only making me even more sad that i cant be with a community that i have really been wanting to be in
Hey dmoeenm, first of all, welcome to Smogon. There are actually a lot of people that are willing to talk to you. Maybe you're just coincidentally approaching the wrong ones?! If you want I can help you with the basics. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. If you don't want me to help you but someone else, then there's Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with your questions too.

A tip towards you: Try to use some proper spelling and interpunction. When I saw your post it was really hard to read at first, because you basically use no capitals or interpunction whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)