General Introduce yourself!

Hey dmoeenm, first of all, welcome to Smogon. There are actually a lot of people that are willing to talk to you. Maybe you're just coincidentally approaching the wrong ones?! If you want I can help you with the basics. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. If you don't want me to help you but someone else, then there's Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with your questions too.

A tip towards you: Try to use some proper spelling and interpunction. When I saw your post it was really hard to read at first, because you basically use no capitals or interpunction whatsoever.
I know I'm very bad when it comes to communicating and being social in general but i wouldn't mind some help from you i would very much enjoy that

I know I'm very bad when it comes to communicating and being social in general but i wouldn't mind some help from you i would very much enjoy that
Great to hear! I'm pretty much available every day after 8:00 PM and the entire weekend. My Time Zone is GMT +1. We can also use Skype or something, if you find that easier? If not, then that's also fine :)

Great to hear! I'm pretty much available every day after 8:00 PM and the entire weekend. My Time Zone is GMT +1. We can also use Skype or something, if you find that easier? If not, then that's also fine :)
well i don't have skype mostly because i don't care for it but i have to go but ill talk to you Friday and the rest of the weekend since i have school to deal with seeya

Welcome to Smogon! This is the forum where basically... everything about Smogon is found. That includes a place to introduce yourself (so fitting into the community is easier!)

The purpose of this thread is so you can introduce yourself, you can get chatting with older Smogoners (and other new Smogoners, like yourself) and hopefully form a few friendships from this too.

IMPORTANT THINGS

You can post as much as you want in this thread.

The cool thing is now you can introduce yourself, and if someone wants to know a bit more about you, they'll send you a reply here, and you can essentially hang out here at first. Once you feel familiar with someone, you can take the conversation to private message or visitor message. Obviously if things go a little too off-topic we'll suggest you take it privately, but while you're getting started here this is your hangout!

Only new users should introduce themselves, but older returning members can introduce themselves as well.
While only relatively new users (or returning members) can introduce themselves, we'd love it if our older members and mentors greeted people in the thread here and replied to their posts.

Finally, please don't post more than once in a row, thanks!

Also, don't worry about your English, a lot of people on Smogon don't speak English as a first language, so we're certainly not going to judge. Just be yourself and we'll be happy with that!
FIND POSTING HERE REALLY AWKWARD?

If you find posting in this thread really awkward and don't know what to say, here's a few things you can discuss that can break the ice.
  • Your favourite Pokemon
  • Are you on PS?
  • What you plan to do here
  • Things you might need help with
  • A little background info about you in real life, if you're ok with sharing that
  • Favourite Pokemon games
And so on. This thread just helps us get to know you a little better, and helps you feel a little less intimidated suddenly jumping into other areas where people may not be as nice as they are here (and if that's the case, this can be your Smogon happy place!)

OTHER

If you have the time, please do reply to 'What brought you to Smogon?'. We're interested in knowing what exactly brought you here!

On another note if you need help around here, you can use the Help form!

Final note: You can obtain a badge from helping out here.
Pre-Contributor Conditions For Smogon Info Hub
  • Be active in both Simple Questions as well as Introduce Yourself
  • Actively be involved in Info Hub for a five month period (you don't have to post everyday, but have a presence)
  • Have no active infractions or sketchy history with other areas of the site in the last five months
  • Post detailed welcomes (don't just link a whole ton of things, talk about the user, chat to them as if you've been friends for years)
  • Follow up on the people you've introduced over VMs (this is purely so that getting a badge nomination through IS has evidence outside of the forum that you're actively helping. about a month after you've welcomed them, check up on them, see if they need any help. you don't need to do this for everyone but users who you've gotten along quite well with in the thread you should probably check up on them).
Hello All! I've played pokemon for many years on and off, and have recently gotten involved with ORAS and am really liking it. I'm interested in WiFi battles of all sorts, and I'm also in the midst of trying to complete my pokedex. If you're interested in battling with tiers or whatever, my friend code is 1349-7888-2064.

Cheers, and happy pokemoning!

Hello All! I've played pokemon for many years on and off, and have recently gotten involved with ORAS and am really liking it. I'm interested in WiFi battles of all sorts, and I'm also in the midst of trying to complete my pokedex. If you're interested in battling with tiers or whatever, my friend code is 1349-7888-2064.

Cheers, and happy pokemoning!
Welcome to Smogon. :) I've also been playing Pokemon for a while (since gen 1 to be exact). If you are looking for WiFi battles you can always request a battle over on the WiFi subforum here. I'm also up for a WiFi battle every now and then (although my team is probably a bit antiquated). Anyway, hmu if you'd like and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Hey all, recently taking a dab at competitive pokemon again, I played VGC in '14 and '15 season but I'm looking for something a little different to wet my feet in and ended up here so... hi

Tested making a team and I must say the format seems quite different so looking forward to learning a bunch. Hopefully gonna get 1 or 2 teams that I like and can drag around with me wherever I go

cheers

Hey all, recently taking a dab at competitive pokemon again, I played VGC in '14 and '15 season but I'm looking for something a little different to wet my feet in and ended up here so... hi

Tested making a team and I must say the format seems quite different so looking forward to learning a bunch. Hopefully gonna get 1 or 2 teams that I like and can drag around with me wherever I go

cheers
Welcome to Smogon. Can't say I'm all that great in the VGC or doubles space, but if you have any questions about the site (or if you'd like to learn a little about singles) hmu.

Hello Everyone, I am whoareyouiam. I'm sort of new to the Smogon/Showdown scene and have been getting progressively better. I started playing Pokemon in the Gen. 4 Era (Infernape 4 Lyfe) and got into the older games as well as the newer games. XY and ORAS are the only two games I haven't played, as a 3DS is hard to get when you don't have any money or your parents won't buy you one. I've been using Smogon to get used to the current metagame and to have fun battling pokemon. Hopefully you'll see me at the top of the ladder for LC soon!

Yo everyone. I've played Pokemon casually for quite some time in my life, and decided I wanted to take the game a little more serious. I ended up finding PS and through that learned about Smogon. I plan to become the best player to have ever existed so I thought I'd come to the forums to hopefully learn the ins and outs of the competitive scene.

Hey guys! I'm Axel and I've been on Showdown for over a year now, mainly playing fun games in the Ubers, Monotype and Balanced Hackmons tiers. I started laddering half a year ago when a VGC playing friend introduced me to the world of Doubles (i started, didnt like it, quit, but decided it would be fun to see how high i could get in my favourite tiers). In Ubers I peaked at around 78 on the ladder (didnt last long, im currently a Humble rank 207 xD) with a Single Uber team (as in only one Uber), and posting that team on the RMT is the main reason i made an account here :3 My favourite pokemon is Whimsicott as its my secret weapon in all tiers, defeating almost every threat in existance :3 I plan on entering the VGC doubles format at some point in the future, and i'll definitely need help with that as I have very little knowledge of the format and playstyle outside of the occasional world Championship I watch. IRL I am a student in New Zealand about to study Computer Science and International business, while maybe squeezing in an Uber Tournament at some point. My favourite game is the Original Emerald (for the Randomizer Nuzlockes :3), but i've played every game in the series apart from X/Y.

Thanks for reading!

Hello Everyone, I am whoareyouiam. I'm sort of new to the Smogon/Showdown scene and have been getting progressively better. I started playing Pokemon in the Gen. 4 Era (Infernape 4 Lyfe) and got into the older games as well as the newer games. XY and ORAS are the only two games I haven't played, as a 3DS is hard to get when you don't have any money or your parents won't buy you one. I've been using Smogon to get used to the current metagame and to have fun battling pokemon. Hopefully you'll see me at the top of the ladder for LC soon!
Hey whoareyouiam, welcome to Smogon. First of all, I like your username. Secondly, Infernape for life?! How can you adore such an ugly monkey?! Just kidding, I just don't like Generation IV and onwards so much as I do like Generation I - III. I actually quit playing when Generation IV came out. I did play Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but that was pretty much to relive the nostalgia. I'm telling you, at first I was skeptical about Generation VI, but I have to say that the games are freaking awesome. I really recommend saving up for a 3DS with either XY or ORAS. Especially since, you know.. those are the only Pokemon games on handheld that can still go online. When it comes to Wi-Fi on Smogon, XY and ORAS are basically the standard.

Anyhow, glad to see you you're enjoying Pokemon battles. Not sure what you're looking for on the forums, but a handy link for now: The Smogon Simple Questions thread. If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums, ask 'em there :)

Yo everyone. I've played Pokemon casually for quite some time in my life, and decided I wanted to take the game a little more serious. I ended up finding PS and through that learned about Smogon. I plan to become the best player to have ever existed so I thought I'd come to the forums to hopefully learn the ins and outs of the competitive scene.
What's up River, welcome. Your introduction reminds me of that song.. you know? "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.. DUN DUN, DUN!" Good luck becoming the best player that has ever existed since there are some really tough opponents out there. If you want I can help you with the basics. I've been into competitive play for ages so I pretty know all the ins and outs. If you don't want me to help you but someone else, then there's Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11. These people know a lot and can most definitely help you out with your questions too :D

Hey guys! I'm Axel and I've been on Showdown for over a year now, mainly playing fun games in the Ubers, Monotype and Balanced Hackmons tiers. I started laddering half a year ago when a VGC playing friend introduced me to the world of Doubles (i started, didnt like it, quit, but decided it would be fun to see how high i could get in my favourite tiers). In Ubers I peaked at around 78 on the ladder (didnt last long, im currently a Humble rank 207 xD) with a Single Uber team (as in only one Uber), and posting that team on the RMT is the main reason i made an account here :3 My favourite pokemon is Whimsicott as its my secret weapon in all tiers, defeating almost every threat in existance :3 I plan on entering the VGC doubles format at some point in the future, and i'll definitely need help with that as I have very little knowledge of the format and playstyle outside of the occasional world Championship I watch. IRL I am a student in New Zealand about to study Computer Science and International business, while maybe squeezing in an Uber Tournament at some point. My favourite game is the Original Emerald (for the Randomizer Nuzlockes :3), but i've played every game in the series apart from X/Y.

Thanks for reading!
What's up Axel, welcome to Smogon. Glad to see someone who is into the more rare tiers like Ubers, Monotype and BH. I once tried to get into BH but I just couldn't get used to it.. But I still like Monotype and Ubers a lot. If you're looking for an expansion on your tier knowledge, I can help you out. I've been into NU, RU and UU for ages now and can tell you a lot about it, if you'd want. As for your team, I hope you get some nice and useful feedback in the Rate My Team section. I will also take a look at it :D

And about Emerald - that's also one of my favorites! I still have to play the Randomized version, because I saw videos and I think it's really fun. Do you recommend it? I'm tend to be kind of conservative when it comes down to older games that have a lot of value to me. Let me know!

Heyya I am sorta new here. I enjoy breeding a lot and Showdown is cool too. Damn I am afwul at introducing myself..

I am basicly looking for a place where I can share my breeds and stuff. Just a place for breeding. And I need a place to request some simple items--

Ty!

Heyya I am sorta new here. I enjoy breeding a lot and Showdown is cool too. Damn I am afwul at introducing myself..

I am basicly looking for a place where I can share my breeds and stuff. Just a place for breeding. And I need a place to request some simple items--

Ty!
Hello Hoops, welcome to Smogon. I also really love breeding. I even have an own trade thread on the forums. The link is in my signature, in case you're wondering what it looks like. Oh and don't worry about your introduction. It is more than fine by my standards :)

To help you out with the places you're looking for: You should check out the Wi-Fi subforum. It's the go to place when it comes down to trading, battling, capturing and breeding on a competitive level. And for your items, you can make a post in the Simple Questions/Requests thread. There may be some kind people that are willing to help you out :)

If you have any questions regarding Smogon and its forums you should check out the Smogon Simple Questions thread. Remember, there are no stupid questions. Good luck and most importantly, have fun!

Thx a lot I adore the help. I read in one of your other posts that you are a veteran when it comes to battle. I am kind of a noob. Do you wanna play some random matches wth me on PS to give me some tips? And help me with my battle style? I wanna get better

Thx a lot I adore the help. I read in one of your other posts that you are a veteran when it comes to battle. I am kind of a noob. Do you wanna play some random matches wth me on PS to give me some tips? And help me with my battle style? I wanna get better
You're lucky! I'm on Pokemon Showdown! right now, so I can play with you after I finish my match. Let me know what your name is and I'll throw you an invitation.

Hiya, I'm Noa, 23 from Washington. I love showdown, AKB48, mobile games and dogs. I'm on showdown basically all the time (mostly pokecommunity) so challenge me whenevr.
I like eating and sleeping too, and I'm quite fond of the denko face! (´・ω・`)

Hiya, I'm Noa, 23 from Washington. I love showdown, AKB48, mobile games and dogs. I'm on showdown basically all the time (mostly pokecommunity) so challenge me whenevr.
I like eating and sleeping too, and I'm quite fond of the denko face! (´・ω・`)
Hey Noa, welcome to Smogon. I like your name. My name is actually Noah. I've listened so much AKB48 in the past.. I love them! I was once even planning to go to one of their shows.. I ended up not doing it because of the money..

What's your name on Pokemon Showdown!? I'd like to battle some time. Also, what exactly is the reason you joined Smogon? Are you looking for a specific place? Don't hesitate to ask. I'll gladly show your around :)

Hey there Im miyuki, u can also call me shell. Im 16 years old. Im a huge fan of water, grass and dark type pokemon. My favorite pokemon out there: mighthyenna, oshawott, raikou, suicune, venasaur and torterra. Im super open to make new friends here, and i currently live in Puerto Rico just in case. My first pokemon game was emerald, then i played heart gold, black 1 and black 2 and Pokemon Alpha Saphire which was a hit in my childhood

Hey there Im miyuki, u can also call me shell. Im 16 years old. Im a huge fan of water, grass and dark type pokemon. My favorite pokemon out there: mighthyenna, oshawott, raikou, suicune, venasaur and torterra. Im super open to make new friends here, and i currently live in Puerto Rico just in case. My first pokemon game was emerald, then i played heart gold, black 1 and black 2 and Pokemon Alpha Saphire which was a hit in my childhood
Good day Miyuki, welcome to Smogon. Explain, how did your nickname become 'Shell'? Quite curious, since it's nothing like your actual name. Is it Pokemon related? I wish I had a cool nickname like that.

Emerald is also on of my favorites, and Mightyena is indeed awesome. I am sooo glad it got a nice and usable Ability. It's so much fun to use it in competitive play now. If you have any general questions, feel free to ask 'em in the Simple Questions thread. Or just ask me, Chesty, QueBien, TheHoodedGamer, or InfernapeTropius11 if you want to get more personal. We pretty much know anything about Smogon- and Pokemon related stuff.

Have fun out here!

Last edited:
Hey there! Welcome!

Im 14 years old and live in south America, we can be friends! I also like water and grass pokemon a lot, especially Serperior.

I have a question for you, what did brought you to smogon?

If you have any question, you can ask me or to InfernapeTropius11, TheHoodedGamer, Fluke , and Chesty and will help you! You can also ask at the Smogon Simple Questions thread.

Hope to see you around!

Edit: Ninja'd by Fluke lol.

Hey Noa, welcome to Smogon. I like your name. My name is actually Noah. I've listened so much AKB48 in the past.. I love them! I was once even planning to go to one of their shows.. I ended up not doing it because of the money..

What's your name on Pokemon Showdown!? I'd like to battle some time. Also, what exactly is the reason you joined Smogon? Are you looking for a specific place? Don't hesitate to ask. I'll gladly show your around :)
You're Noah? What a cool coincidence. :D Good to hear that you like AKB too!

My name on Showdown is also Noa-Tan.
I joined Smogon because I want to delve even deeper into the world of competitive Pokemon. :)
My best friend Age of Kings is also apparently a well known member but she hasn't logged in for almost a year ;_;

Hi everyone, my name's Donnie and I'm super hyped for connecting with the Smogon community!

I've been playing Pokémon since I was a little kid during Gen 1, and have never gotten tired of it. It always amazes me how while other franchises have gained my interest and lost it, and I have also been involved on and off with other hobbies, Pokémon is the one franchise that I have consistently enjoyed throughout most of my life. So much fun :)

That being said, I actually just recently got into competitive battling, so I'm a beginner in that sense. Before Gen 6, I was just a casual player who wanted to beat the games and nothing more. But ever since I started watching a lot of Pokémon on YouTube and following various PokéTubers, I became much more interested in the deeper mechanics of the games. I really had no idea there was so much I haven't explored. It's hard to know where to start, and I don't want this intro to be longer than it needs to be lol, but let's just say when I started competitive battling it really did feel like I was playing a completely new game.

Anyways, like I said I'm excited to be here, and I hope to make friends and improve my skills! :D

Hi everyone, my name's Donnie and I'm super hyped for connecting with the Smogon community!

I've been playing Pokémon since I was a little kid during Gen 1, and have never gotten tired of it. It always amazes me how while other franchises have gained my interest and lost it, and I have also been involved on and off with other hobbies, Pokémon is the one franchise that I have consistently enjoyed throughout most of my life. So much fun :)

That being said, I actually just recently got into competitive battling, so I'm a beginner in that sense. Before Gen 6, I was just a casual player who wanted to beat the games and nothing more. But ever since I started watching a lot of Pokémon on YouTube and following various PokéTubers, I became much more interested in the deeper mechanics of the games. I really had no idea there was so much I haven't explored. It's hard to know where to start, and I don't want this intro to be longer than it needs to be lol, but let's just say when I started competitive battling it really did feel like I was playing a completely new game.

Anyways, like I said I'm excited to be here, and I hope to make friends and improve my skills! :D
Hey there! Welcome!

I've played pokemon since gen 3 and tried the gen 1 games and loved them, specially Pallet Town theme in 8 bits :,)

I also felt myself like you when I started playing competitive, a whole new thing, if you want to learn more about competitive, you can join the Battling 101 program, or if you want to get a bit more personal, start a conversation with me, or with Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, InfernapeTropius11, Chesty, QueBien or Dr Ciel, and we will help you to get in the community!

I have 2 questions for you, what is your
favourite pokemon? And who is favourite character? Here I go: my favourite pokemon is Volcarona and my favourite pokemon in the whole series is Zinnia.<3

Hope we can be friends and see you around!

Last edited:
Hey there! Welcome!

I've played pokemon since gen 3 and tried the gen 1 games and loved them, specially Pallet Town theme in 8 bits :,)

I also felt myself like you when I started playing competitive, a whole new thing, if you want to learn more about competitive, you can join the Battling 101 program, or if you want to get a bit more personal, start a conversation with me, or with Fluke, TheHoodedGamer, InfernapeTropius11, Chesty, QueBien or Dr Ciel, and we will help you to get in the community!

I have 2 questions for you, what is your
favourite pokemon? And who is favourite character? Here I go: my favourite pokemon is Volcarona and my favourite pokemon in the whole series is Zinnia.<3

Hope we can be friends and see you around!
Thanks a lot for the info and suggestions! Will definitely make sure I talk to you and them lol

My favorite pokemon is Tepig, and my favorite character is N! I just love how he developed and changed as a character so much over B/W and B/W 2, but Zinnia is a close second!

Glad to have already made a friend, talk to ya soon :)

You're Noah? What a cool coincidence. :D Good to hear that you like AKB too!

My name on Showdown is also Noa-Tan.
I joined Smogon because I want to delve even deeper into the world of competitive Pokemon. :)
My best friend Age of Kings is also apparently a well known member but she hasn't logged in for almost a year ;_;
Yeah, pretty funny right?! I'm quite curious.. how much do you already know when it comes to the competitive side of the game? I'd love to teach you some things you don't know yet, if you're eager to learn of course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)