Iron Chef: Smogon UU Edition - Teambuilding Competition, R10 - Cantata! (See p#595)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea Hogg, however I think it's funny that you gave yourselves probably the most frustrating thing to play against week one haha

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
We've had our first challenger... Chef Haisawa (Dad's Dad) had a Florges/M-Aggron stall dish with a delicious Slowking and Amoongus core, but failed to break through Iron Chef xMarth's Substitute Cobalion. Winner: Iron Chef xMarth!

Dad's Dad's team could still win it all in judging, but will be placed at an immediate disadvantage if pit against any chefs who emerge victorious against one of our Iron Chefs.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
So there are 20 points possible and 3 extra credit?
Correct. Judging will be out of 20 (split into the three categories, so up to 5 points for originality, 5 for theme and 10 for actually being a good team), and averaged among the judges. Winning against an Iron Chef gives you 3 bonus points guaranteed, meaning the highest possible score is 23 (perfect 20 from all judges and win your IC match).

Im in but I may not have time..... ^^;

And before anyone comments on my dp it was like this WELL BEFORE this competition.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
We have had two more challengers!

Chef newfren was the second chef to have his hopes dashed against Iron Chef xMarth. He brought a fragrant dish full of offensive threats, and tied in the theme with a lovely garnish of Specs Reuniclus, but Iron Chef xMarth's Nidoqueen pressured his team until SD Cobalion could bring it home.

Chef DaSpoofy was the first to emerge victorious against one of our Iron Chefs! He brought a spicy dish that plated both Arcanine and Entei, balanced by not one but three bulky Water-types to keep things cool. Slowking made another appearance here, as did Leftovers Tangrowth. Despite a strong lead, Iron Chef Christo the Gr8 was unable to break DaSpoofy's defensive core, and became our first Iron Chef to fall to a competitor.

in if i need to sign up. (tbh i thought about using 6 regenerator mons)
EDIT: If i do, i will probs get 0 effectiveness or something like that

Isn't the whole point of Iron Chef to see who does the theme better? So forcing challengers to run double Regenerator but not making your Iron Chefs run the same is super unfair. Like forcing an actual Iron Chef challenger to use McDonald's grade beef and then letting incumbent chefs rock Kobe beef.

Thisbemyalt

Shiba sucks
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Isn't the whole point of Iron Chef to see who does the theme better? So forcing challengers to run double Regenerator but not making your Iron Chefs run the same is super unfair. Like forcing an actual Iron Chef challenger to use McDonald's grade beef and then letting incumbent chefs rock Kobe beef.
The iron chefs using the theme would not prove that the team is actually viable which is most of the scoring, It adds to the challenge if the iron chef is using a real team otherwise it would just be a counter team circle jerk

The iron chefs using the theme would not prove that the team is actually viable which is most of the scoring, It adds to the challenge if the iron chef is using a real team otherwise it would just be a counter team circle jerk
This is true! Plus regenerator is not a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)