SV OU Iron hands BO

Hello! Gen 9 ou is an incredibly fun, if offensive, format. Because of all the hyper offense, I found that running a bulker offensive team could do wonders for me! So, I started building a team, with AV iron hands, a mon that i thought was super strong. This team is the result:
1670186092808.png

The world (Iron Hands) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Punch
- Drain Punch
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch

I started the teambuilding process with this guy, and I believe he is one of the most underrated Pokémon as of right now. His natural bulk and amazing movepool allow him to be a perfect wall, pivot, and breaker, all in one package. Thunder punch and drain punch are both important STAB moves. Fighting coverage is a godsend in a format where Chien-Pao and Chi-yu are so prevalent, and electric coverage is nice for things like corvinknight and dondozo. Fake out is an amazing move that allows for free chip damage every single time iron hands comes in, which is incredibly useful for the big breakers of our team. Volt switch is nice for pivoting to the more frail members of our team, but earthquake or ice punch could go in this slot as well.
1670186406278.png

Gold experience (Gholdengo) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Recover

Gholdengo is one of the most used pokemon right now, and for good reason. It's amazing ability and typing not only support iron hands defensively, but also help out the team offensively by clicking make it rain on fairy types like iron valiant and grimmsnarl. I went for a more bulky air balloon set, to defensively support the team a bit more. I am thinking about adding scarf, but I will explain more in detail when I go over the problems of the team. This set is pretty standard otherwise, I went for tera fighting and focus blast because it was useful to break through some walls, like corvinkight, or to cover the dark type weakness.

1670186720482.png

Geb (Great Tusk) @ Leftovers
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

At this point, before i added the main breakers and sweepers, i wanted to make sure i had a ground type, stealth rock, and hazard removal, and great tusk was an easy addition to get all of these in one pokemon. I opted for a physically defensive set to handle roaring moon, kingambit, and other strong attackers thta could give our team trouble. Earthquake over headlong rush so that I don't lose bulk in hazard wars, and I use knock off to break air balloon on opposing gholdengo.

1670186933613.png

Scary Monsters (Roaring Moon) @ Choice Band
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 32 HP / 220 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn

The MVP himself, roaring moon, is a devastating breaker that can demolish almost everything it lays its eyes upon. Crunch and dragon claw were perfect stab option, and because i didn't have a strong ground type attack on my team (Sorry great tusk), i added earthquake. U-turn is nice for pivoting, but if you like iron head or something else better, go for it. There isn't much to say about this mon, other than that he is an absolute monster.

1670187107971.png

Purple haze (Iron Moth) @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fiery Dance
- Sludge Wave
- Energy Ball
- Agility

At this point, we were vey weak to fairy types, and we needed a sweeper. Iron moth can fill both of these roles, and if a team is sufficiently chipped, all it takes is 1 agility to win the game. Fiery dance is better that flamethrower because the special attack boost can help secure kills against more bulky pokemon. The set is very standard, but powerful.

1670187247975.png

Dark blue moon (Dondozo) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Liquidation
- Curse
- Rest

Finally, we have dondozo, although he probably won't stay on this team. I figured we were a little weak to set-up sweepers, and very weak to ting-lu, so dondozo was my choice. I am using leftovers and rest, but no sleep talk or chesto berry, which some may find odd, but i found that leftovers and body press were more consistent in general, especially because of chi-yu and chien-pao.

I peaked in the 1500s with this team, but i feel it has 1 deadly flaw: The lack of speed control. Oftentimes, a fast and powerful threat, like dragapult, becomes a huge problem for me to deal with. I was testing scarf gholdengo, but the worse bulk was not something I appreciated on a team that desperately needed something to switch into fairy types. Although the quadruple ground weakness may seem scary, there are not too much strong ground attackers in the game, and terastalizing can usually save me. If you made it this far, thanks for reading!

I would run ice punch and earthquake over fake out and volt switch, the pivots and priority don’t matter as much as coverage.

I would run ice punch and earthquake over fake out and volt switch, the pivots and priority don’t matter as much as coverage.
Fake out is 100% necessary for this team to chip down scarfers, but I agree that volt switch is not that good, I just like it because it lets iron moth and roaring come in a lot more safely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)