Is it just me or is it cold in here? (HAIL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not really one for intros, but basically I got bored of other weathers/clear skies so I decided to try hail. What I came up with was sort of a semi-stall, and managed to get to 1400 where I stopped.

Teambuilding
(I'll edit in later)

Anyways, the team:

Abomasnow @leftovers
Ability: snow warning
evs: 252 hp / 160 def / 84 spd
calm nature (+spD - att)
- substitute
- leech seed
- protect
- blizzard

Pretty standard sub seed set, great for hail stall. Can easily set up on defensive pokemon, or things like rotom w.

Kyurem @choice scarf
Ability: pressure
evs: 252 spa / 252 spe / 4 hp
modest nature (+ spa - att)
- blizzard
- focus blast
- draco meteor
- hidden power (ground/fire)

My revenge killer/sweeper, and hes extremely underrated. He is extremely bulky, and once the other team loses their ice resist/super effective priority he sweeps with ease. Blizzard is stab, and is his main sweeping tool. Draco meteor to punch holes in teams, and focus blast to hit steels. Im not sure about the hidden power though, so some help on that would be appreciated.

Heatran @leftovers
Ability: Flash fire
evs: 252 hp/ 248 spD / 8 spe
calm Nature (+ spD - att)
- will-o-wisp
- stealth rock
- lava plume
- roar

This is my only steel, but has very good utility. This is my main sun/volcarona counter (tentacruel also works if they have giga drain) Roar is mainly for stuff like volcarona/jirachi. Will-o-wisp is basically to cripple dragons, Stealth rock because stealth rock and lava plume for STAB.

Tentacruel @ black sludge
Ability: liquid ooze
evs: 252 hp / 248 def / 16 spe
bold nature (+def - att)
- toxic spikes
- rapid spin
- scald
- knock off

Tentacruel is basically the glue to the team, toxic spikes helps basically everyone, rapid spin because my team is hazard weak and knock off to cripple things that like to switch in to tenta such as espeon. Scald of course is for stab, and this is also great to counter things like scrafty who otherwise tend to be problematic.

Mamoswine @choice band
Ability: snow cloak/thick fat
evs: 252 att / 252 spe / 4 hp
adamant nature (+att - spa)
- ice shard
- icicle crash
- earthquake
- stone edge
My only user of priority, and also a decent revenge killer. Mamoswine is surpisingly bulky, and able to take lots of attacks as long as they arent strong stab super effective ones. Ice shard is obligitory, a stab priority attack. Icicle crash for another stab higher powered ice attack, and then edgequake for coverage.

slowbro @ leftovers
ability : regenerator
evs: 252 hp / 252 def / 4 spd
bold nature (+ def - att)
- slack off
- psychic
- scald
- thunder wave
Slowbro is my main physical wall, and is suprisingly good at it. He counters fighting types since hes so slow(payback wont go second unless i do something stupid like thunderwave) and checks most physical attackers. Slack off for recovery and psychic/scald for stab. I use thunderwave over toxic because i need to be able to outspeed lots of stuff or my team doesnt work.

threat list

Breloom: My entire team is basically weak to one of its stabs, but i normally just sack my least useful pokemon to sleep and then try to work around it (probably biggest threat)

Virizion: although it has the same typing as breloom, it doesnt have mach punch so i can normally kill it easily with mamo/kyu.

excadrill: slowbro can survive a +2 earthquake then deal about 71% with scald, i then normally switch him out to whatever is the most useless then send in mamoswine.

sd scizor: My tentacruel is basicaly the only thing truly checking it, and heatran to an extent sorta does. Just need to hope that its cbzor/work around it

Haxorus: somewhat a problem, but is worked around through prediction.

Latios: see haxorus

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
locked under rule 3, lengthen some descriptions and pm/vm me your fixes so i can re-open this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)