Is my mono ice good?

I want to ask if my team is good, or rather: What can I improve. Note: I use it for regular NatDex, so no Garm available

https://pokepast.es/90a37d33999ba24a

Ninetales: Hailsetter. Icyrock is sadly needed because of arctozolt, so veil wont do *as much* as usual, but still very usefull.

Kyurem: Strong special attacker, decent bulk and good coverage with freezy, earthpower and draco

Arcto: If you dont have Darm as option the only phisical wallbreakers are arcto and mamo, Mamo felt a bit too slow and had struggle with flying+steel types so arcto felt kinda unreplaceable, or atleast hard to replace

Weavile: Scarf weavile is the best revenge killer for ice, without it my team struggles against fast mons. I use adamant nature to kill ScarfRachi and like having Triple axel as 4th move for the case icicle crash isnt enough to kill and for sashs/Subs

Avalugg: Defensive monster and spinner, I use Iron defense to survive some hits it usually couldnt (like hits wich do 60%) and to disable phisical attackers from setting up on it and killing it

Pilo: Has good utillity with rocks and roar, good bulk and is neutral against fire, simple but very hepfull

Last edited:

roxie

https://www.youtube.com/@noxiousroxie
is a Tutoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Major Changes
:avalugg: -> :cloyster:
Cloyster @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Teleport
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Icicle Spear

Avalugg on paper may seem like the best spinner but Cloyster offers more defensive utility. It's better than Avalugg because of its Water / Ice typing providing neutrality to Steel, access to entry hazards (Toxic Spikes and Spikes), and Teleport. I feel like Arctozolt would be a great addition over Cloyster to provide a safe way to bring Arctozolt in via Teleport along with supporting teammates with its Spikes. Rocky Helmet is attached to Cloyster to punish a widee range of physical attackers such as Melmetal, Galarian Zapdos, and Mimikyu. Furthermore, Spikes does fantastic against Ghost and Fairy.

:weavile:
Adamant -> Jolly
Triple Axel -> Foul Play

Adamant makes you slower than Choice Scarf Gengar+Latias so I suggest changing that or you'll get hit by a Focus Blast or Draco Meteor. Foul Play does well versus setup sweepers like Shell Smash Cloyster, Zeraora, SD Excadrill, and DD Kyurem (Foul does more than Low Kick if it gets to +2). It just feels weird using both Ice moves and I feel like you only need one. You can Roar Substitute mons out with Piloswine and you can Encore them with Alolan Ninetales.

:kyurem:
Kyurem @ Chople Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 184 SpA / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Roost
Choice Specs -> SubRoost + Chople Berry

Choice Specs Kyurem is a beast but I feel like Chople Berry substitute does great against physical attackers like Zeraora and Urshifu-R. Cloyster getting 2HKOed by Close Combat and it adding a Electric weakness to the team just urges me for you to ease those matchups. I added some spd evs to guarantee you live a specs Dazzling Gleam from Tapu Koko.

1628291863592.png(Click Me for team) Thanks for submitting and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)