SS Doubles OU island vibes

Haven’t played doubles in awhile or Pokémon in general but it always seems to drag me back in. I don’t know what the meta is rn lol, I just built this because I am quite fond of Exeggutor and wanted to cheese. Would like some help getting up to speed.

Ninetales @ Eject Pack
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Overheat
- Hypnosis
- Fake Tears
- Protect

Pretty fun set tbh. Eject pack gets you out from an Incineroar lead especially with Eggy and overheating gives you a switch out of almost useless Ninetails. Fake tears is for supporting the special attackers on the team and hypnosis is bs when it hits. Don’t really know what to do with the evs. I know I need max speed but iirc extra special attack doesn’t do anything noteworthy.

Exeggutor @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 32 HP / 36 Def / 252 SpA / 188 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder/Hypnosis
- Sweet Scent
- Leaf Storm
- Expanding Force

Expanding force and leaf storm hit extremely hard. Sweet scent paired with sleep moves is the reason I made this team and the shenanigans you can pull off is quite fun. Wish I had room for protect and a bunch of other moves :/ Evs out speed Zeraora in sun and give you an awkward amount of evs leftover after life orb number.

Tapu Lele
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 108 HP / 184 SpA / 4 SpD / 212 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast/Taunt/Cm
- Protect

Lele is important for changing terrain for sleep to go off, powering up eggy, and checking problematic mons like Kyurem-B. Evs could use some work lol I know I want it to be on the bulky side and I’m pretty sure this lives Volc +1 sun heat wave and is faster than timid Tran which might not be necessary without focus blast. Not sure what item I should use.

Krookodile @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 108 HP / 160 Atk / 100 SpD / 140 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- High Horsepower
- Taunt
- Protect

I wanted something to handle Dragalult, Heatran, and Incineroar and this seemed like a fit. I was thinking about putting SR over taunt if I slide it over to Lele. Evs live specs Draco from Dragalult and outrun Heatran. Another mon where I’m not too sure what item is best.

Genesect @ Assault Vest
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- U-turn
- Iron Head

Genesect helps check mons like Kyurem Rillaboom etc and is generally useful. Don’t really know a Genesect spread lol as I never used it even in gens 6/7. I just know I want it fast to check Urshifu water etc. Moves can be changed as well.

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Low Sweep

I needed more speed control and another answer for Heatran/Incineroar not much else to say.

sawamura

Banned deucer.
First of all, welcome back. Your Team if Cheese is what you are looking for you have something you can have fun with concretely. But when it comes to being something that can be in the Meta it can hurt you a bit. It is very well to look for the Expanding but the Speed and Offensive Power that Exegutor has is not something that in DOU you can take advantage of very well, it is surpassed by Genesect and Urshifu who can punish Exeguttor in a Serious way leaving it out of the Combat but even more if you don't have a speed Control. the Set of ninetales is something Old but that can serve here, the heat Rock Works to prolong the sun in the Chlorophyll. His Nastly Plot set can be very Explosive with the Overneat and with Scorching sands he can surprise heatran which can be a problem. Only one change in lele which would be a Taunt x Focus blast as you can avoid weird tricks on the ladder. Incineroar is a solid answer to Trick Room. Its change by Krokodile is vital because it has a set more bulk and viable + Fake out to cover in a solid way. Urshifu is the answer to your lack of fight type since its Banded is to unload Brute Force to those annoying mons.

The last one would be a Speed Control with Zapdos + Weather Ball to take advantage of the weather and have a tailwind to respond with. Your best mon for Chlorophyll would be Venusaur, even if it's out of the Meta, it's the most decent one to play this role and continue the Formula. If more than say this is the most metagame like your original Formula, feel free to take it if you want. Thanks c:

:venusaur::incineroar::tapu-lele::ninetales::urshifu-rapid-strike::zapdos:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)