Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Note from the Editor

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head

Welcome to another exciting Smog release! We're bringing you another set of great articles from our wonderful contributors, punctuated by a fierce cover art courtesy of Cretacerus. Please take a moment to read over the Note from the Editor, as it concerns some changes regarding the webzine - we've merged with The Player and The Competitor, among other things! - so it's definitely worth a glance.

Enjoy, and let us know what you thought of Issue 43!

- Smog Staff

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Will have to read it tomorrow as you publish it just as I'm sleeping.. the cover art looks fantastic. Will edit in some opinions tomorrow ^.^

Thanks a lot, dudes. Always interesting, I'll vote poll later, after I read Smog :)

PS: "Room Owner's Perspective"....Title is captivating!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sad to see Bummer leave The Smog. He's hands-down the most prolific, dedicated artist this webzine has ever seen. I have no doubt that the other artists can pick up the slack though :)

Maybe now he'll go back to updating Rare Candy Treatment...

i only dislike one thing
If i use thyplosion (not in OU) with power herb solar beam its a gimmick and mostly get called out on being useless .
Wen others.do the same its a underrated set? :(

on a positive note the momentum management in VGC was quite good

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
i only dislike one thing
If i use thyplosion (not in OU) with power herb solar beam its a gimmick and mostly get called out on being useless .
Wen others.do the same its a underrated set? :(

on a positive note the momentum management in VGC was quite good
The combo of power herb and solarbeam is not what's underrated, it's that combo specifically on Heatran because it hits the bulky water types which usually switch into Heatran. People will call you out on using Typhlosion in OU (no matter what set it is), because to be frank, it's completely outclassed by other fire types and is just unviable.

A note on the Tournaments article: The writer mentions that in game 1, Blunder kept his Landorus in on Raikou on the premise that "he must have assumed [it] was a Choice-locked Raikou". However, in Blunder's video on the game, he specifically mentions that he was risking an HP Ice roll. While I know it's more than possible that the article was written + submitted before the video came up, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace the speculation with the battler's actual reasoning?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
A note on the Tournaments article: The writer mentions that in game 1, Blunder kept his Landorus in on Raikou on the premise that "he must have assumed [it] was a Choice-locked Raikou". However, in Blunder's video on the game, he specifically mentions that he was risking an HP Ice roll. While I know it's more than possible that the article was written + submitted before the video came up, wouldn't it be a good idea to replace the speculation with the battler's actual reasoning?
this struck me as weird anyways because the raikou had already been hit by an overheat at that point, revealing vest

this struck me as weird anyways because the raikou had already been hit by an overheat at that point, revealing vest
That makes more sense. Updated, thanks guys~

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
That's because apparently nobody can figure out how to update the "main page" so chaos just tossed the Twitter feed over it. Certain adblock lists will block it though, in which case you'll still see the old main page which was last updated approximately forever ago.

But yeah sure archive update is probably a good idea.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
what about those old articles was better? Could you link a favourite example or two? :O

My personal style tends to be on battling strategy in depth for gens 1/3 for the most part, maybe not gonna be the most entertaining read though, but I think I do what I do well.

Yeah this issue is kinda meh, I remember old Smog Article's been much more enjoyable to read...you guys should probably work like on earlier Article's...
To be honest, I feel the same. It feels as if the current issues are much shorter and have a larger focus on OU and LC, though it has kinda changed in the last few issues with a lot NU articles.

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
To be honest, I feel the same. It feels as if the current issues are much shorter and have a larger focus on OU and LC, though it has kinda changed in the last few issues with a lot NU articles.
It just happens that we have more proficient writers of those tiers than anything else. Our diversity has dropped a bit in recent months, but all it takes is an eager writer or two to add something worthwhile.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
well I have proficiency in RBY OU and ADV NU, so expect (long!) articles on both of those next issue.. both of them are already in the grammar stage ;]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)