It's all about Prediction :3

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
It's all about Prediction! :3

At a Glance

Intro:

I dont think anyone here knows me, thats why I will tell you a few things about me. Im an offensive Player, i can stall but its attracting hax too much for me and its taking too long so i rather stick to offense. Its more funny anyway. Another thing I dont like is Choice Scarf, because most Pokemons are too slow to revenge good, and if they have enough speed they are just weak or have a big Hazardweak so no scarfs.

The most important thing for my teams is momentun. Momentum is everything when you run offense. For those guys who dont understand what I mean with momentum here is the best description I've ever read for it ( Stolen from Whereabouts Unknown ;P ):

"Yup, that's what this team boils down to. There's a secret force in Pokemon that I'm not sure all of you are acquainted with. It's called momentum. This powerful little variable describes the state of control of the two players of the game. It justifies the basic reasoning in all of our minds to switch, bluff, make a crazy prediction, or play as normal. The more time one spends with the momentum, the more likely they are to win. There are multiple ways to gain and lose momentum - for example, Scarf Rotom-A can switch into Gyarados as it uses Dragon Dance and steal its momentum, forcing Gyarados to switch or be sacrificed. This essentially gives Rotom-A a free shot at whatever comes in. Weavile coming in on an Azelf's Psychic and Pursuiting it as it flees absolutely steals momentum, gaining a KO without harming Weavile's team. Some of you use the term "counter" to describe momentum in some sense, but this is arbitrary. Sure, Skarmory "counters" Scizor, but really it's just taking its momentum. A free turn to set up Spikes or scout is all too welcoming."

So thats what my team relies on and whats the key for good offensive playing. If you want to know how my team was build then read the following History:

Teambuilding History:
After trying soo much phsysicall sweeper like Nite and Lucario I wanted to play a special one, because they are usually better, checked by only a few Pokemon. After looking a bit around I decided to take Raikou, because its the best Sweeper I've tested and most of my good teams have a Raikou.

After looking for Raikous Counters and Checks I've found Swampert, Blissey and Snorlax being the most dangerous one. Now I needed something to beat them. I didnt want something like Machamp because it doesnt have a good way of recovery and it doesnt live long enough. I was looked really hard around to find something I actually like because most things just died too fast to be a 90% sure Raikou-Counter Killer. Then i recognized how great toxic Heal is and that breloom can be even more bulky than you think. It also fixes Raikous Ground weak so I gave him a shot

After my offensive core was choosen I needed something to check common threats in Midgame and stuff like Dragon Dance Nite or Gyara. And because I dont like walls and i wanted to play as offensive as possible it should be able to hit stronf and has solid speed. There were 2 things I was thinking about and after wondering a lot i decided to give suicune a Shot since Jirachi is so common and Water is the best Type in this Game.

Now the hardest part.This team had enough to beat offense and Bulky Offense but I was kinda Stallweak since nothing had the power to beat Stall and Stall is really common, especially Kevin Garett Stall. There are not many ways to beat stall: First of all there is hax, and haxing is nothing for cause jirachi and Togekiss doent work for me. Then there are a few 101 HP Subseeder and Subchargerotom. Both doesnt really worked for me when I have tested it before. There are also strong MixedAttacker. They may loose to Vaporeon or Something like Gyara but with SR and enough offense pressure its not that hard to break even this walls. Now looking at Pokemon with good Offense stats I've found Nape, Lucario, Kingdra and Nite. Infernape seems the superior Option since its the fastest and has good Dual STAB, but there was one thing I really missed. A Recovery Move with enough Bulk to use it ( Ikr it has slack off but still) So thats the reason why i choose Dragonite

Ok after fixing my Stallweak and already have enough stuff to handle offensive Teams i wanted a Lead. Something that beats common leads and something that can set up SR and has a nice chance of preventing them. Also it shouldnt be a Suicide Lead. It was really hard to find something that fits. Infernape seemed good but it loses to so much common stuff like Pert or hippowdon etc etc. Also Machamp is a bs because it beats most leads and they cant OHKO them. Then i decided to take Heatran since it beats all this Leads.

Most things were done and i felt like this team Already had everything it needs, so i didnt know what to do. After thinking I recognized that this team totally relies on momentum and there is nothing better for momentum than U-Turn on a slow Pokemon? And now there were a few Pokemon with momentum that would fit in this team. Infernape, Zapdos, Flygon and Scizor. Infernape seemed like the superior option since i needed something Physicall. But it was not bulky enough to take hits and its typing isnt that good. I choose scizor because it is a Steel which i felt I needed, has more bulk and a prio that hits Dragonite. Thats how the team is build

I haven't changed the team yet since I am pretty content

A clooser Look

@ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

• [*]Description:
    Heatran is a solid Lead, because it usually manages to set up Rocks and kill at least one Pokemon every Battle. Heatran has a great Typing and a nice Trait. It ressits 11 out of 17 types. Heatran has a great SpA and nice bulk, but the only thing it lacks is speed, but hey, nothing is perfect. Its what I send in when the opponent has a Forry or something slower, and then just pull of a strong attack, which is usually Overheat only when i know that he has a Milotic or a Vaporeon I do use HP grass. This guy is a must for every common offense team, as a scarfer or as a LO sweeper or Taunttran, whatever, it is just a great and Powerfull special attacker. Heatran weakening the opponent is one of the most important things for my team.

[*]Moves:
    Stealth Rocks are really Important for my team since Suicune can OHKO Gyarados with them and I get many 2HKO and OHKO's. Overheat is the most used attack on this set and the Reason I love this beast. So much stuff takes a lot from a Overheat, even if they are ressisting hit, which makes it much easier for my Team to kill it. Earth Power is just for Coverage and against other Heatrans, but I only try to kill it at the switch-in since I'm mostly slower anyway. HP Grass is against waters and Swampert, which is for some reason never expected.

[*]EVs,Item and Nature
    This EVs set isnt the common one, thats because I want to kill Machamp 100% and I dont like Speed Ties, because I dont really have any luck. 252 Special Attack and Modest with LO gives you ducking much power. 393 Special Attack is nothing to joke about. 220 Speed EVs is enough to reach 245 Speed, so I can outspeed Max Speed Jolly TTar and common deffensive Jirachi and Celebi Sets, which usually run 244 speed, but as mentioned, I dont like Speed Ties. The other EVs are you thrown into HP.

[*] Heatran vs. common Leads
    • Azelf - I usually attack with HP while he is using Stealth Rock or Taunt, and if he has SR'd I use Stealth Rock on my own and if he Taunts I just pull a powerfull Overheat off
    • Machamp - Overheat with LO and Modest Nature OHKO's
    • Swampert - Go for a strong HP Grass, which is for some reason rarely expected and I usually prevent Rocks that way
    • Heatran - Just gtfo, you are slower and they have Shuca Berrys
    • Infernape - Gtfo, because you cant touch it anyway
    • Gliscor - I usually Risk an Overheat since they set Rocks usually
    • Hippowdon - Overheat for the win, you can OHKO the physicall deffensive
    • TTar - Gtfo because you cant 2HKO and they usually carry Superpower
    • Dragonite - ^
    • Weavile - Just attack or set up Rocks, it depends on what you feel you are going to need
    • Metagross - Overheat KO's even with Occa Berry

@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch​

• [*]Description:
    Breloom is the most deffensive Pokemon in my team and the best Subseeder in the entire metagame. This Beast can easily wall whole teams and with Toxic Heal it is soo hard to get down. Its my Mainanswer for any physical attacking scarfer but staraptor. It can sleep Nite, and LO Gyaras. Brelooms Bulk is really underrated. OK, 60/80/60 isnt really great, but with his ability he gains 12.5 % every turn and the typing is one of the best in the entire metagame, ressisting Rock, Ground, Water, Dark the most common physicall attacking Types. Also a lot stallteams have problems beating this, because Skarm can't afford roosting on it and it can sleep anything that walls it. The main role Breloom fits is beating down Special walls and checking Scarf'd stuff. This thing is a beast guys, srsly it has won me so much games yet.

[*]Moves:
    Spore is... well spore is just spore. Its here to sleep the pokemon I dont like and to help me to get momentum, because when something sleeps I can Usually switch anything in because 0 turn sweeps are rare. Substitute is definitly the best Idea Gamefreak ever had. It avoids Hax like its nothing and it makes Focus Punching easy and is great for stalling. Sub is important on this too since it helps me scouting what Move Pokemons are going to use and then I can get momentum because I know what lets say Scarf Rotom is going to use. Leech Seed is the key to this set. With Poison Heal and Leech Seed I manage to keep breloom at 100% often the entire game and I can weaken so much stuff that i can have an easy sweep with one of my attacker. Focus Punch is here because its kinda the best move on a Subseeder you can have. Beating down any Special wall and doing about 40% to physical walls is great. This hits hard even with no atk EVs and wI'm having Sub anyway, so why not use it?

[*]EVs, Nature and Item:
    The EV Spread is pretty simple. I wanted to maximize its bulk, so i gave him 252 Def and HP, After a few battles I recognized that loosing to skarm is bs and totally not wanted. Thats why I gave him 24 Speed. I know it seems much but I've seen Tauntskarms running 20 Speed or even common walls, so I think its not that hard. An Impish nature is the only one that makes sense since I wanted a BulkyLoom. I dont think I have to explain why I choose toxic orb ;D

@ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Roost​

• [*]Description:
    Dragonite, this fat thing is really stronf and has great bulk. Also the dragon Typing is one of the best types you can have in DPP OU. 100 Base Special attack and 140 base Attack are great for a mixed attacker and the lack of speed isnt that hard since he has great bulk. This is usually my switch in for scarftran and any scarfed fire attacker, because it can roost the damage of and Suicune is needed to check Booster so it has to be at full health. Nite is a powerhouse i dont get why it isnt used. Most stall teams have troubles beating it down and if it gets a chance to pull a draco meteor on an offensive team its usually a kill.

[*]Moves:
    Draco Meteor is the STAB and the "I-spam-powerful-Attacks" Move I usually have on most of my pokemon have. Its the attack I use when I'm scared of predicting and when I dont know the opponents team. Its only ressisted by steels and they are usually Fire Blast'd so I know the second time what move to use. Fire blast is against this steels and ugly annoying Skarms. Killing Scizor at a Switch In feels soo good. Superpower is against Blissey and Tran. With Fire Dragon and Fighting you have perfect coverage and you usually break stall like a king. Roost is recovery since I want my Stallbreaker too live as long as possible. Im thinking of changing it too Extremspeed but I kinda need it.

[*]EVs, Nature and Item:
    Ok, the EVs are pretty simple. I wanted maximal Special attack to make my Draco Meteors as powerfull as possible, thats why he is rash. Also fire blast hits waaay harder with this EV spread. Then I wanted to outspeed common deffensive Jirachis and Celebis. Also Tyranitar is outspeeded with this EV spread. I run 245 speed instead of 244 because like I said I really hate speed ties. The other were Randomly put into attack to make Superpower more powerfull. Life Orb on a Stallbreaker is the only thing that actually makes sense

@ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind​

• [*]Description:
    This beast is really great. I love how it checks the most Set Up sweeper and random Midgamesweeper. It also ridiculous how powerfull it is with LO. Its really important to keep this at full health. REALLY Important. Because when Dragonite or Gyarados manage to get a Dragon Dance im pretty much scared, thats why I have this. Its hard to get for them a Dragon Dance but when they do I have kinda only Suicune to stop them. Also this can be a lategame sweeper if the opponent is not prepared for. But keep this at full health. Suicunes base speed isnt that great, but its faster than Heatran and Breloom and thats usually enough. 279 attack isnt that great but after a Calm Mind it has enough power.

[*]Moves:
    HydroPump is the move I usually spam when not knowing the opponents team or when Im afraid of failpredicting. It hits like a truck and beats Heatran. Hidden Power Electric is against Gyarados and Starmie which is 2HKO'd while I take a Thunderbolt so I win. Ice Beam is against Celebi and Breloom and other grass Pokemon. I dont really use it because Breloom takes a lot of damage from Hydropump and Celebi beats suicune most times anyway so I just switch out. Calm Mind is to make the attacks Stronger, but i really really rarely use this. Only when I know that it can sweep the opponents team at +1 but this is seldom. Just spam Hydropump, its your best friend

[*]EVs, Nature and Item:
    The EV spread is as simple as it looks like. 252 Special Attack is just to hit as strong as powerfull and with Life orb it hits 30% harder, 224 Speed EVs because I'd like to outspeed base 81 pokemon like Gyara and Milotic. The others are just put into HP to take hits slightly better. I dont think I will change it

@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch​

• [*]Description:
    Scizor is my only Revenge Killer and the best thing for gaining momentun in this metagame. With its great Bulk and U-Turn its easy for me to get an advantage so that I can start a sweep/kill one or 2 Pokemon. I dont like it at all but its necessary for my team because U-Turn is important when I have troubles gaining momentum. Also a sort of priority is always good because It can happen that my Suicinu is dead so that Nite causes troubles. Also Trapping Starmie is really nice because it can Heavily Damage everything in my team. This is my Blissey switch in if Breloom isnt poisoned yet. It has a lot roles and even I dont like it there is nothing else that fits as good as this. Also one more Steel is always usefull since Heatran will be weakend early because he is my Lead. And now that it has a Scarf it can Outspeed and beat Starmie which was my biggest weak. Thanks Tomahawk9 for suggesting me this

[*]Moves:
    U-Turn is the reason I use this Pokemon. U-Turn is a must in every Offensive team and it also hits pretty nice. Base 70 STAB isnt that hard but Scizor has a great base attack so its okay. To be honest I rather use anything else than U-Turn, its the key to this set. Superpower is the strongest attack my scizor runs and its mainly here for Heatran switch ins. I just use it when I am 100% sure that heatran is coming in. Be carefull with this, because a defense drop can cost you scizor and then you will have a way harder time to get momentum. Pursuit is to trap Scarf-Rotoms or this annoying Gengars, but I rarely use it, I'm thinking of changing it to quick attack or something else, but first I have to test it. Bullet Punch is my Priority and great for hitting Tyranitar and Dragonite. Its overall a great priority on scizor because it does at least 40% to most pokemon this metagame. Pretty standard and simple moveset lol

[*]EVs, Nature and Item:
    ScarScizor is not really fast, but its fast enough to outspeed Celebi and Starmie and nearly everything else without a boost or a scarf.. With 252 atk it hits pretty hard because of a nice Base. 224 speed EVs and a Jolly Nature are enough to outspeed Scarfttar and base 115 Pokemon. I dont want to outspeed base 120 because they are rare anyway and pretty frail so no point of wasting EVs. 32 EVs in HP for having bulk.

@ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 88 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

• [*]Description:
    The star of the Show, the most awesome Lategamesweeper I have ever played, the best SubCalmMinder in the entire Tier and my absolut favourite Pokemon, RAIKOU. This team was made around this beast and I am using it on most of my successfull teams, as a CM LO sweeper, a scarfer or whatever but I rarely make a good team without it, they just dont want to work until I put a raikou in. However, Raikous main role is sweeping in lategame or eve Midgame if i think that I can risk a attempt, but Im rarely do it. Sometimes I bring it in too see the Counter/check he has for it, but then I dont Sub or CM but I throw a random Thunderbolt and then switch out. Mainly its something like TTar or Blissey, then my lovely Breloom comes in and gets to do some damage. For all these guys who havent tested this yet: DO SO.

[*]Moves:
    Substitute is my totally favourite move because it prevents hax, makes prediction easier, may help you to last a few turns longer, you can stall the oppenent out until his move misses or something like this. Also after one Calm Mind most special attacker wont break the Substitute. Calm Mind is the boosting move. It boosts the special deffense and special attack so that I can attack harder and take more hits on the special side. A great move its my favourite boosting move. Thunderbolt is STAB and the main attacking move. I always use it, even on Zapdos or whenever I can hit it Neutral I prefer using this over Hidden Power, because it hits harder anyway. Hidden Power Ice is just for Coverage and to hit grass and ground Pokemon. Also having perfect coverage is nice. Its ressisted only By maggy in OU

[*]EVs,Nature and Item:
    The EV spread is a bit difficult. First of all i have 216 Speed EVs to outspeed base 110 Pokemon like Gengar, well mainly Gengar. I have explained already why I dont run Max Speed, Speed ties suck. Then there are 128 HP evs so that Deffensive Celebi cant break the Sub after one Calm Mind. with 128 HP evs and 76 deffense EVs, common Scarfflygons wont break the Substitute with U-Turn and you can Use HP ice without having too Predict too much. The Other EVs are just randomly put Into special attack in with the 32 Special Attack EVs more you can OHKO flygon without rocks at +0. A Timid Nature to reach 352 speed. Leftovers to get a Sub or two more and to live longer.

Outro:
If you use this team play carefull. It will look bad for you if you dont know how to predict and how to blind switch. You have to know the metagame and to predict what sets the opponent has. You have to know how common teams look so that you can image whats his lategamesweeper or what he is weak too etc. For example you see Hippo and Forry on a Team then you can be sure that he has blissey and rotom too. Or that Luke and Nite is a famous combo. Make sure that you get used to this team. I apologize for any grammer and spelling mistakes

Importable:
Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Focus Punch

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 60 Atk / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Suicune @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 248 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Calm Mind

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 128 HP / 76 Def / 88 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Excellent team, and excellent presentation! However, there are some threats to this team.
Life Orb Starmie can do some damage to this team. With Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt there's not much that can safely switch in, while he can Recover off the damage if needed. Breloom takes 106.3% - 125% from Ice Beam, Thunderbolt does 57.3% - 67.6% to Suicune, while +1 HP Electric does 78.2% - 92% back, missing out on the KO. Hydro Pump does 74.3% - 87.8% to Scizor and 59.8% - 70.8% to Raikou. He can be played around but You can't switch in anything safely. Having to sac something to bring out Raikou or Scizor and take 65% or 80% to KO back isn't the best way to deal with it.
Stone Edge Lucario can do a major amount of damage as well. Swords Dance vs Scizor or Heatran when feeling ballsy, and Stone Edge to KO Dragonite while Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed take care of the others. Raikou can take an ExtremeSpeed but Thunderbolt only does 56.9% - 67.6% and he will be KOed by the second one. Suicune is always OHKOed by +2 Close Combat. You basically have to sac Raikou, wear him down with LO recoil, and finish him off with Scizor's Bullet Punch.

To fix these problems, you could Scarf Scizor. With a Choice Scarf, Scizor outspeeds Lucario and can take an ExtremeSpeed with his resistance, and KOes with Superpower. He also outspeeds Starmie and OHKOes with U-Turn, or Pursuit if he's weakened. Use a simple 252 / 252 Jolly spread and a moveset of U-Turn / Bullet Punch / Pursuit / Superpower if you decide to use him.

Another option is using a SubSeed Celebi over Breloom. It comes at the cost of losing Spore, but Celebi outspeeds Lucario and can outstall him with Substitute and Leech Seed thanks to his Close Combat resistance. He can also take a Ice Beam from Starmie as opposed to Breloom and Energy Ball. He can also Baton Pass his Subs to Raikou, Suicune, or Dragonite to sweep easier. The exact set is:

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Substitute / Leech Seed / Baton Pass / Energy Ball

Good luck!

mael

not the same but equal
is a Community Contributorwon the 14th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
UUPL Champion
Excellent team, and excellent presentation!

Thanks, it took me a long time to do this ;)

However, there are some threats to this team.
Life Orb Starmie can do some damage to this team. With Hydro Pump, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt there's not much that can safely switch in, while he can Recover off the damage if needed. Breloom takes 106.3% - 125% from Ice Beam, Thunderbolt does 57.3% - 67.6% to Suicune, while +1 HP Electric does 78.2% - 92% back, missing out on the KO. Hydro Pump does 74.3% - 87.8% to Scizor and 59.8% - 70.8% to Raikou. He can be played around but You can't switch in anything safely. Having to sac something to bring out Raikou or Scizor and take 65% or 80% to KO back isn't the best way to deal with it.

I know right and I also said that scizor is the best thing I can do against it

Stone Edge Lucario can do a major amount of damage as well. Swords Dance vs Scizor or Heatran when feeling ballsy, and Stone Edge to KO Dragonite while Close Combat and ExtremeSpeed take care of the others. Raikou can take an ExtremeSpeed but Thunderbolt only does 56.9% - 67.6% and he will be KOed by the second one. Suicune is always OHKOed by +2 Close Combat. You basically have to sac Raikou, wear him down with LO recoil, and finish him off with Scizor's Bullet Punch.

I have never seen one with Stone edge but yeah it can be a Huge Threat, I usually dont let it boost, it can boost only in a wrong locked Scizor which I avoid anyway, usually I just spam U-turn, it isnt that much of a threat like Starmie.

To fix these problems, you could Scarf Scizor. With a Choice Scarf, Scizor outspeeds Lucario and can take an ExtremeSpeed with his resistance, and KOes with Superpower. He also outspeeds Starmie and OHKOes with U-Turn, or Pursuit if he's weakened. Use a simple 252 / 252 Jolly spread and a moveset of U-Turn / Bullet Punch / Pursuit / Superpower if you decide to use him.

This lacks power and is not as good as The slow bulky one for gaining Momentum

Another option is using a SubSeed Celebi over Breloom. It comes at the cost of losing Spore, but Celebi outspeeds Lucario and can outstall him with Substitute and Leech Seed thanks to his Close Combat resistance. He can also take a Ice Beam from Starmie as opposed to Breloom and Energy Ball. He can also Baton Pass his Subs to Raikou, Suicune, or Dragonite to sweep easier. The exact set is:

Celebi @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Substitute / Leech Seed / Baton Pass / Energy Ball

This seems way better, I will defintily test it, even if I will miss the Focus Punch and Poison Heal. If this doesnt work I can always try scizor.

Good luck!
Thank you for the Rate
responses are bolded

/E:
With Breloom I loose my Main Scizor and Flygon switch in, It will be hard to play around them without Breloom, but I will try it ;)

Dragon Dancers - mainly LO Bounce Gyarados and bulky Dragonite - are the biggest threats to this team. Both set up on Heatran and your only check to the former is Suicune, who doesn't have that much longevity since it's running Life Orb; the latter just outright beats you, no contest, since it outruns and KOs everything bar Scizor, whose Bullet Punch is barely scratching it. I think a Choice Scarf Flygon would fit in really well on this team. It provides a good check to both these threats, helps with the LO Starmie weakness mentioned earlier, and it's great at gaining the momentum that's so crucial for this team. I think you should drop Scizor to make room; you're not really supporting him fully because you don't have a spinner to abuse his U-turning capabilities as much as possible. Flygon, on the other hand, doesn't need a spinner because he resists Stealth Rock and isn't hit by Spikes. I'm pretty sure you know the set but here it is anyway

Flygon @ Choice Scarf | Jolly | Levitate | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
U-turn | Earthquake | Outrage | ThunderPunch

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hi,

Excellent team, and I love how your whole theme is momentum. However, stall seems to be your absolute worst enemy, with a little bit of inaccurate prediction, your main stallbreakers, Breloom and Dragonite, easily become worn out. Additionally, your team is excruciatingly slow; making SD Lucario, most forms of Zapdos, Infernape and scarfers (like Flygon) very common offensive threats that can be difficult to play around, especially if inaccurate prediction has caused a few layers of spikes or SR to be on your field. In DPP, perhaps the one thing more important than keeping momentum is balancing momentum and making sure that certain pokemon are always kept hidden from view. While most of your problems can be solved with Raikou, the issue is that Raikou becomes revealed, and the opponent now has a greater sense of what he/she needs to do to prevent your raikou from setting up. I can’t do much here that wouldn’t wreck the whole synergy of your team, since you have obviously spent quite a bit of time working through the kinks of this team, but what I will do is ask you to consider an alternative to the Choice Scarf Flygon most have been suggesting.

By using Choice Scarf Breloom, you can check DD Gyarados (outspeeding Adamant variants), Zapdos, Infernape and all Dragonite, while still having the bulk needed to take a few hits from Scarf Flygon and the like. It also has a surprise factor that contributes to your momentum building theme. I know how fun it can be to win with a SubSeed Breloom alone, but your team is so well put together, this feeling could easily come from Raikou instead. With a moveset of Spore | Stone Edge | Seed Bomb | Superpower, you cover the aforementioned threats and gain coverage on Gengar. You can spore the initial switch-in to breloom, which is always nice, and again, gain more momentum. The EVs of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe and a Jolly Nature are standard, and bring you to 262 speed, enough to outspeed neutral base 80s at +1. Although there is not the benefit of U-turn, I think you will find that this Breloom will be very helpful in the long run.

I might have something to say about EV spreads later, but for now that’s it. Great team and great presentation, I hope I helped and good luck mate!

Consider leftovers over life orb on suicune, as survivability is typically favored over the increase in power, even on an offensive team like this one. I also suggest that you use surf over hydro pump simply for the better accuracy and for the following reason as well: your suicune checks a ton of stuff for your team, so it's a good idea to make suicune consistent and keep it alive.

Breloom fits very well on your team, but Roserade would also fit well because I think that toxic spikes would greatly benefit your sub cm raikou. Roserade has Sleep Powder instead of spore, and it also has leech seed if you want to use it. Toxic Spikes will help take down swampert, blissey, and even snorlax if it doesn't have rest. The only downside to roserade is that it does not resist ground-type attacks. If you decide to go with roserade, you could possibly replace suicune with a bulky gyarados.

Roserade @ Yache Berry | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Sleep Powder / Toxic Spikes / Energy Ball / (Filler)

A Yache Berry easily solves your rather significant LO starmie problem, however leftovers is obviously a good choice also, if you think that you can consistently deal with starmie. Roserade might cause you to change another team member, maybe even two, but I think it is worth trying out because toxic spikes + sub cm is a great combo. Or heck, you can even try offensive cm raikou + spikes roserade.

This is a neat-looking team, and I have always wanted to try out raikou. Good job!

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
Dragon Dancers - mainly LO Bounce Gyarados and bulky Dragonite - are the biggest threats to this team. Both set up on Heatran and your only check to the former is Suicune, who doesn't have that much longevity since it's running Life Orb;

Dragon Dancers can be a threat but they rarely are. The only really dangerous DDer is Nite, but I dont let it set up, thats just how this team works. Nite can set up one Heatran but when it comes in Midgame Suicune is going to have full health and beat it, and in Midgame/Lategame when Suicune is weakend, I just dont attack with Heatran until I know that he doesnt have a Dragonite or when his team looks like he isnt having it. They are threats for my team, but only if I missplay. Also Nite is kinda stalled by Breloom if he has not Lum Berry

the latter just outright beats you, no contest, since it outruns and KOs everything bar Scizor, whose Bullet Punch is barely scratching it. I think a Choice Scarf Flygon would fit in really well on this team. It provides a good check to both these threats, helps with the LO Starmie weakness mentioned earlier, and it's great at gaining the momentum that's so crucial for this team. I think you should drop Scizor to make room; you're not really supporting him fully because you don't have a spinner to abuse his U-turning capabilities as much as possible. Flygon, on the other hand, doesn't need a spinner because he resists Stealth Rock and isn't hit by Spikes. I'm pretty sure you know the set but here it is anyway

I've tested flygon and im not really liking it. It doesnt fit in this team, and its scarfed, has not enough power so its easier for the opponent to set up. The difference between Scizor and Flygon is that scizor deals pretty much damage with u turn, while flygon is just switching out and not doing more than 20% to most stuff. Also I dont have to support Scizor because the opponent is hardly going to have more than stealth rock, because I know how to prevent them.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf | Jolly | Levitate | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
U-turn | Earthquake | Outrage | ThunderPunch
thank you for the rate ^^

Hi,

Excellent team, and I love how your whole theme is momentum. However, stall seems to be your absolute worst enemy, with a little bit of inaccurate prediction, your main stallbreakers, Breloom and Dragonite, easily become worn out.

I remember losing only once to stall and that was against a really good player with a bit of luck from his side. Stall without hazards is kinda the most useless thing on earth and I know how to keep hazards away. Its mainly letting Skarmory or Forry sleep. They can set up only on Scizor and Breloom when the opponent has something else let taking the sleep. And against stall I rarely lets Scizor in and I switch Breloom only in Blissey and then I sorta always do a Blind switch to nite or Heatran when Im scared of taking an Ice Beam. Stall is really the least problem I have.

Additionally, your team is excruciatingly slow; making SD Lucario, most forms of Zapdos, Infernape and scarfers (like Flygon) very common offensive threats that can be difficult to play around, especially if inaccurate prediction has caused a few layers of spikes or SR to be on your field. In DPP, perhaps the one thing more important than keeping momentum is balancing momentum and making sure that certain pokemon are always kept hidden from view. While most of your problems can be solved with Raikou, the issue is that Raikou becomes revealed, and the opponent now has a greater sense of what he/she needs to do to prevent your raikou from setting up.

Zapdos and Starmie are the biggest threats to this team. The thing with Lucario is that it doenst hit that hard without a SD and how does it want to get a SD? On a wrong locked scizor? I just wont allow them to set up. It isnt nearly half as a problem as Starmie or Zapdos are. The best thing I can do against Zapdos is trying to kill it with Raikou and then I do have the problem you showed right now.

I can’t do much here that wouldn’t wreck the whole synergy of your team, since you have obviously spent quite a bit of time working through the kinks of this team, but what I will do is ask you to consider an alternative to the Choice Scarf Flygon most have been suggesting.

By using Choice Scarf Breloom, you can check DD Gyarados (outspeeding Adamant variants), Zapdos, Infernape and all Dragonite, while still having the bulk needed to take a few hits from Scarf Flygon and the like. It also has a surprise factor that contributes to your momentum building theme. I know how fun it can be to win with a SubSeed Breloom alone, but your team is so well put together, this feeling could easily come from Raikou instead. With a moveset of Spore | Stone Edge | Seed Bomb | Superpower, you cover the aforementioned threats and gain coverage on Gengar. You can spore the initial switch-in to breloom, which is always nice, and again, gain more momentum. The EVs of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe and a Jolly Nature are standard, and bring you to 262 speed, enough to outspeed neutral base 80s at +1. Although there is not the benefit of U-turn, I think you will find that this Breloom will be very helpful in the long run.

I like this set, and I have played it pretty often, but this team wont work even close to good without Breloom, its the only thing that I can use to take hits and that can beat Blissey and Snorlax without being taken out to easy thats why I cant use Scarfloom on this team

I might have something to say about EV spreads later, but for now that’s it. Great team and great presentation, I hope I helped and good luck mate!
Thank you for the rate :D

Consider leftovers over life orb on suicune, as survivability is typically favored over the increase in power, even on an offensive team like this one. I also suggest that you use surf over hydro pump simply for the better accuracy and for the following reason as well: your suicune checks a ton of stuff for your team, so it's a good idea to make suicune consistent and keep it alive.

Sometimes I do play Lefties on suicune but I prefer Life Orb because it can really hit hard and it weakens so much of Raikous Counter and It can beat Celebi easier. Without HydroPump Heatran has a 55% chance of staying and Rotom cannot be OHKO'd after SR

Breloom fits very well on your team, but Roserade would also fit well because I think that toxic spikes would greatly benefit your sub cm raikou. Roserade has Sleep Powder instead of spore, and it also has leech seed if you want to use it. Toxic Spikes will help take down swampert, blissey, and even snorlax if it doesn't have rest. The only downside to roserade is that it does not resist ground-type attacks. If you decide to go with roserade, you could possibly replace suicune with a bulky gyarados.

Roserade @ Yache Berry | Natural Cure
Calm | 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Sleep Powder / Toxic Spikes / Energy Ball / (Filler)

A Yache Berry easily solves your rather significant LO starmie problem, however leftovers is obviously a good choice also, if you think that you can consistently deal with starmie. Roserade might cause you to change another team member, maybe even two, but I think it is worth trying out because toxic spikes + sub cm is a great combo. Or heck, you can even try offensive cm raikou + spikes roserade.

I would like to try Roserade but then I loose my main switch in for Flygon and Scizor and Scarfttar and all this strong phyisicall attacker. Also Roserade has no chance of beating Blissey or snorlax and this is kinda important when you have a special based team like mine

This is a neat-looking team, and I have always wanted to try out raikou. Good job!
thank you for the rate ^^

Ok guys, thank you all for the rates you have helped me really much and after testing everything you suggested and thinking a lot I have come to the conclusion that ScarfScizor fits pretty good and that I am going to use it. It fixes my biggest problem, namely ScarfStarmie, it has still enough power even for a scarfer and it can deal damage with U-Turn. I will miss the power of an adamant CB bullet punch beating so much down but scarfscizor has its advantages too. Now the only Problem I have is Zapdos its the biggest threat for this team atm. I would appreciate it when you can help me to fix this.

Here is a sample battle so that you guys get what i mean with the opponent wont have a chance for setting up. Its hard to find a good battle, this is the best i could find S:
Click Me

~Temptation

Leftovers > Life Orb on Suicune. Even though it's Offensive Cune, Suicune doesn't enjoy recoil and it won't last long to sweep with Life Orb. As for the Zapdos problem, Blissey can completely wall it but not sure what would seem best to take out because that will just ruin your momentum throughout the team and you wanted to keep it offensive anyways.

^ I second lefties over LO, makes it a much better gyara check too.

Also, Will-o Tran can make a nice lure for TTar and to some extent Flygon, opening a path for Raikou to sweep. If Machamp leads aren't common anymore (idk havent played), I think it would improve your team synergy. Something like Flamethrower / Earth Power / Will-o-Wisp / SR @ Shuca Berry...

Cool team.

mael

not the same but equal
UUPL Champion
^ I second lefties over LO, makes it a much better gyara check too.

I've already explained why i wont use lefties ;) also gyara is not even close to being a real problem...

Also, Will-o Tran can make a nice lure for TTar and to some extent Flygon, opening a path for Raikou to sweep. If Machamp leads aren't common anymore (idk havent played), I think it would improve your team synergy. Something like Flamethrower / Earth Power / Will-o-Wisp / SR @ Shuca Berry...

Seems Interesting thanks ^^ I'll try it

Cool team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)