Its Gametime OU Raindance team

Hi my name is zapdos=god bringing you another one of my teams. A few weeks ago i posted a standard team that i use http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3461905
This team however would get demolished by weather teams. Since the current metagame revolves around weather i have decided to make my own rain dance team. As you will see below is a standard rain dance team that i like to use.

@Choice scarf
Ability;Drizzle
Nature:Timid
EVs: 252 sp atk 252 spd 4hp
Moves:
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Electric

I 've changed the set from choice specs and defensive politoed to a choice scarf variant. My polotoed is meant to outspeed leads such as starmie and hit it with hidden power electric as politoed can take a thunderbolt. I use focus blast to nail tyranitar. Hydro Pump is for a poweful stab and ice beam for dragons.

@Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
Nature:Bold
evs 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Moves:
IceBeam
scald
toxic spikes
rapid spin

I needed a spinner and wat better pokemon than to choose tentacreul. Tentacurel main role is to set up toxic spikes so my oppoenent can't switch too much. Also it can get rid of toxic spikes from opposing tentacreuls and also spin away hazrds. Scald is used for it primary stab and 30% burn. Ice Beam is for coverage on opposing pokemon such as dragonite. The evs are meant for tentacreul to take hits and outspeed jolly breelom

@Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Nature:relaxed
evs 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Moves:
Gyro Ball
Leech Seed
Stealth Rock
Power Whip

My goal for this team is to set up my hazrds and stall my opponent with leech seed. I picked steath rock because its good for the long run to pokemon such as tournadus and volcorona. Leech Seed is for recoevry on bulky pokemon. I picked gyro ball for pokemon such as terrakion and dragonite who can set up on ferrothorn. Power whip is for powerful stabs that can hit just about anything. I used a relaxed nature so it can take many physical hits however special hits such as Draco mateor from latios might be a problem

@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Adamant
evs 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Moves:
Superpower
pursuit
bullet punch
u-turn

This is my main sweeper and also scout. Scizors typing allows it to only have a fir weakness and what better way to expolit its weakness by seeting up rain first. Superpower is for steel types such as opposing ferrothorn,chansey and blissey. Pursuit is added for oppoenents pokemon that are swicthing out. Bullet Punch is obviously used for stab and u-turn too but also to scout and get extra damages. Scizors evs set are meant for it to take hits and hit most pokemon very hard.

@leftovers
Ability: Mutiscale
Nature: Jolly
Evs 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 Spe
Moves
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Dragon Dance
Roost
My Dragonite is my main late game sweeper. i use a bulky set because it can take hits because of multiscale and roost up its damage. My tentacruel is paired with it to spin away hazrds. I put leftovers for constant recouvery. I use dragon claw for its stab as outrage is powerful but often unpredictable when confused. In stead of fire punch which decreases during rain i stuck to earthquake providing neutral damage to most types and hitting terrakion and heatran hard. I picked the ev spread upbove as it outspeed most threats after two dragon dances.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Ability:Levitate
Nature:Bold
Evs :252 hp,212 def,50 sp def
Moves:
Pain Split
Volt Switch
Hydro pump
Will-o-wisp
I've noticed the changes that people are asking me but i rather use this rotom because of my weakness to terrakion. Will-o-wisp is to nail physical sweepers and force them to switch out. Volt switch is for switch advanatge while hydro pump provides an excellent stab. Pain Spilt is mainly for blissey and chansey.

In conclusion i find this team is way more useful than my previous team. I find that rain team is best to conteract any other weather team. I look forward to using this team on wifi.

Thank You for Reading plz Rate And Comment.

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ferrothorn can only have 2 of the 3: Stealth Rock, Spikes, Leech Seed

"And lastly as a side note: unfortunately for our spikeball, Spikes, Stealth Rock, and Leech Seed cannot all be run on the same set due to legality issues."

Hello, pretty nice team.

I don't want to ruin your synergy by suggesting different Pokemon.
The Bulky Rotom-W you have gives just too much of a Defensive play which can't be successful with the Pokemon you have above. A choice Scarfed variant would be excellent because it would allow you to Volt-Turn efficiently. Also with the scarf you will be able to revenge kill and stop Dragonites and Salamences along with Volcaronas from sweeping your team.

As for your Politoed, you should use a bulky set on him because he can cripple things with Toxic and also damage severely with Hydro Pump.

Here are the sets

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Nature Timid
252 Sp.att 252 spd 6 def
Hydro Pump
Trick
Volt-switch
HP Ice

Politoed @ Leftovers
Bold nature
252 HP 252 Def 6 Sp.def
Hydro Pump
Toxic
Protect
Ice beam

I hope i helped

First off I highly suggest you add your own descriptions as copying them is against the rules and does little for me to see type synergy.

This is a really solid team though, I am having trouble coming up with any real threats. Probably the biggest problem is no safe switch in to Terrakion. As everything either died to close combat or stone edge, aside from Tentacruel. Tentacruel dies to earthquake on choice versions and +2 stone edge on swords dance ones. But most of the Pokemon on this team can kill it off if they predict it coming in, so all you need is careful play really, and you have 2 checks. I can't really think of a way to fix this without adding more problems.

One small change I do suggest is substitute > ice beam on Tentacruel. Substitute on Tentacruel will allow you to stall Ferrothron out of power whip PP while stalling it to death with scald. This will help you greatly against other Ferrothorns because you no longer have to worry about their hazards or Ferrothorn in general.

I suggest you give Ferrothorn gyroball over protect to deal with various dragons better.

A specially defensive Politoed with a spread of calm-252 HP / 252 SDef would probably be better here to deal with random special threats better and to take some special pressure off Tentacruel and scizor. On top of that scald is highly suggested on Politoed over hydro pump to spread around status, and besides hydro pump is pretty weak on this type of Politoed.

Finally, one larger change I suggest you test out is a specially defensive Dragonite over your current one. It would add a nice phaser to this team and help it greatly against Breloom and Virizion. Although I should not it take some offensive pressure off and further compounds the Terrakion problem.

In short:
-gyroball > protect on Ferrothorn
-substitute > ice beam on Tentacruel
-a specially defensive politoed
-scald > hydropump on Politoed
-specially defenive Dragonite

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 248 HP / 108 SAtk / 152 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Dragon Tail
- Hurricane
- Thunder

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)