itt irl reddit moments

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
when i was like 12 i went to gamestop with my mom and wanted to buy a captain falcon amiibo so when i brought it up to the cashier he said to himself "falcon punch" because i guess he thought it was cool that i was buying it and then for some reason i wanted to responded with captain falcon's KO cry but it ended up sounding like a screeching muscle man that hasn't reached puberty yet and he rung me up with a confused and disappointed look on his face

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The only time I ever wore my Smogon University shirt out in public was to a Smash 4 tournament a few years back. Everyone there ended up rooting against me because I was a "Pokemon elitist." I wish I could say I defended our honor but alas, I'm a Puff main and she's the consensus worst character in the game so I went a quick 0-2 in bracket lol

:puff:

MAMP

MAMP!
in like 2016 a kid came up to me in the mall, i reckon he was like 13, and said "have you heard of our lord and saviour pepe?" and gave me this shit-eating grin. i was too stunned to say anything so i just kinda looked at him and he giggled and ran off. i was so flabbergasted by this experience that i forgot to buy my dad a father's day gift and i had to dash to the shops early the next morning to get something

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
back when i was in elementary school my class met richard nixon's brother at a restaurant. he gave us signed copies of the family biography, we were talking about how they were worth a lot of money. then i say to the man's face "they'll probably be worth more when you're dead". i don't really remember what was going through my head at the time

One day I was in a café when a man dropped some change. Seeing that he hadn't realised what had transpired, I picked it up and alerted him of this happening with the intention of giving it back to him. I don't know what came over me, but as I did this I said, "Reddit Gold for you, sir".

He turned around, looked me in the eye, and said, "Thanks for the gold, kind Redditor".

Someone at the table behind me piped up and said "If I were on Reddit right and saw what was happening here in a post, it would be an instant upvote!"

Then everyone began to laugh. It was truly magical.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
One day I was in a café when a man dropped some change. Seeing that he hadn't realised what had transpired, I picked it up and alerted him of this happening with the intention of giving it back to him. I don't know what came over me, but as I did this I said, "Reddit Gold for you, sir".

He turned around, looked me in the eye, and said, "Thanks for the gold, kind Redditor".

Someone at the table behind me piped up and said "If I were on Reddit right and saw what was happening here in a post, it would be an instant upvote!"

Then everyone began to laugh. It was truly magical.
can confirm, I was the coin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)