Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
---
Standard, but standard for a reason. It gets Stealth Rock up almost all of the time, which means it has done its job. Fire Blast ruins Metagross leads lacking Meteor Mash, and gives me a way of dealing damage outside of Explosion. Taunt may stop the opposing player from setting up Stealth Rock, but with everyone and their mothers running max Speed Azelf, I don't fancy the Speed tie. It works against Swampert and other scum though. Stealth Rock is simply Stealth Rock. Mandatory on an offensive team. Explosion can take something out, or at least deal a huge chunk of damage. Even if I get predicted and a Ghost comes in, Azelf was built to die anyway. No point in running anything other than 4 Atk/252 Speed/252 Special Attack.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/12 Atk/244 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
---
Firstly, the EVs.

Damage: 151 - 177
Damage: 37.38% - 43.81%

Even with Steath Rock up, Tyranitar will never be 2HKOed by Specs Surf Latias, which would otherwise be a burden to my team. Although it only has a few Attack EVs, it still hits like a truck thanks to Choice Band. This is also my main switch in to Heatran. Ground, Rock and Dark have great coverage and all of the attacks have great power, bar Pursuit but that isn't used for hitting hard. Also gets Sandstorm flying, which is always useful, considering the extra damage. Earthquake murders Heatran and other Steel types trying to take the Dark or Rock attacks. Stone Edge is just power, and works well once their main Rock resist has gone. Crunch is the most reliable way of dealing damage, thanks to having no immunites and 100% accuracy. Pursuit takes care of Ghosts, Latias and damaged Pokemon that may swtich out. EVs already explained, but the 12 leftovers were added to Attack so it hits harder.

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 40 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
---
Rotom-h, the second coolest of the Rotom appliances. Now Jirachi has Grass Knot, Rotom-c is no longer needed, so I went with Rotom-h to stop my Swords Dance Scizor weakness and to help remove Lucario. My team would have difficulty dealing with them otherwise. It outspeeds Jolly +1 252 Gyarados and OHKOs with Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt also helps for things like Suicune and what not. Shadow Ball revenges Latias, Gengar and other Ghost weak Pokemon easily enough. Trick can screw stuff up, pretty obvious. I just need to be careful not to Trick it onto something that can abuse it. Overheat destroys Lucario and Scizor, two top physical sweepers in the game. It really helps with other Steel types as well. Max Special Attack so I hit as hard as possible, with the extra in HP.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
---
Again, standard. This is my secondary check to Latias if Tyranitar goes down. This is also my answer to a lot of other threats, purely because it hits like a true beast thanks to Technician and priority in the form of Bullet Punch and Quick Attack. I went with Quick Attack as Gyarados can now be revenged easier, Fire types are hit for more damage, and it is just more useful than Pursuit, I find, due to Tyranitar having it. Superpower is Scizor's strongest move, going by base power anyway. It ruins Steel types that think they can take Bullet Punch. Easy mode. U-turn scouts, does obscene damage and is generally a great move. EVs are boring and barely need an explantion. Max Attack means Scizor hits as hard as possible. Near max HP means it takes hits as well as possible without investing in the defences. Also means it can take another Stealth Rock switch in. Speed is leftover.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 236 HP/96 Def/176 Spd
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
---
Another beast. Makes for a great last Pokemon due to survivability and the fact it can hit hard after a Calm Mind or two. Wish supports my team and protects it from Stealth Rock and Spikes. Calm Mind lets me set up for the sweep, and potentially stall something out with Wish. Psychic has a nice base power, STAB and a chance to -1 the opponents Special Defence. Pro. Grass Knot ruins Swampert and hits Tyranitar hard, as well as still hitting Gyarados, Empoleon, Suicune and other bulky Waters, so I don't lose much coverage without Thunderbolt. 176 Speed beats positive 252 base 90s, so mainly Lucario who gets hit hard by Psychic. 236 HP gives maximum Leftovers and a lot of HP, great for taking any hits. The 96 in Defence is leftover, but helps Jirachi take Outrages, Bullet Punches and what not.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
---
Went with max Speed as it doesn't need anymore Attack to do its job. Max Special Attack brings it to obscene levels, especially with Life Orb. The Attack was leftover, but, again, never forgotten. Draco Meteor hits like a train, with 140 base power and STAB. Roost means I don't have to rely on Jirachi's Wish to avoid Stealth Rock and Life Orb recoil. Brick Break 2HKOs Heatran and Blissey, two pretty common switch ins. Worked really well so far, I definitely prefer it to my old set. I needed a Pokemon that was immune to Ground and resists Fire, Water and other common types. I decided to go with Salamence, and that decision has been good so far.

Mixape does alot to this team

May I suggest SpecsLatias over Salamence?

It will help you with mixape and still keep the resists. Plus the non SR weakness is a great add on

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Hello. First of all, nice team!

Now, Salamence hits hard with outrage, yes, but being locked, plus the risks of all the Steel types in this metagame, its really almost never used. Instead of Outrage, i suggest you run Roost. Reason: Roost is extremely good. Yes, you have Wish with Jirachi, but i doubt youll be bringing Jirachi every time you need to recover. With this Mence becomes more of a tank of sorts, being able to take hits and recovering health. This becomes really nice especially with all the scizors forcing you to switch out. If you decide to go with this change, you can keep EQ to hit Heatrans, but Brick Break is very good as well, since you hit Blissey, OHKO Tyranitar and also 2HKO Heatran.

Minor change, but your team looks very solid. Props on it!

I was thinking of running Latias but I really don't like the inability to beat Blissey. I will test it though. Draco Meteor/Surf/Trick/Dragon Pulse? I don't really know what to run because I haven't used Latias before...

Roost Salamence sounds good. You are right, I barely use Outrage, and I don't really use Earthquake that much, in all honesty. I will try Brick Break and Roost, it seem pretty nifty.

I was considering Rotom-h over Rotom-c and Grass Knot over Thunderbolt on Jirachi. I don't know how much this would help, but it is just another option.

Also, Gyarados over Salamence. Keeps the same resists, more or less, and can beat MixApe pretty well.

Thoughts?

And thanks a lot for the rates so far.

If you use 252 HP on Scizor, you'l get an HP stat of 344 wich is divisible by 8 but not by 16, this means that after 8 switch-ins Scizor will die because of Stealth Rock. And since you are using U-turn, this will very likely happen. That's why I woulkd suggest using this EV spread: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. The 8 Spe EVs allow you to outspeed Vaporeon's that are running 4 EVs in Speed.

Also, the team isn't MixApe weak, just because he doesn't have a specific counter doesn't mean he's weak to it. His team resists every move MixApe has to offer. Scizor can revenge kill with Quick Attack and Rotom-C can do it too.

as a little nitpick, scizor should never run speed EVs. This is because in scizor vs. scizor, the slower one will win. This is because if you both u-turn, the slower one gets to see what the other person brings in. And if they both use superpower, the slow one gets to hit thier lowered defense.

If you use 252 HP on Scizor, you'l get an HP stat of 344 wich is divisible by 8 but not by 16, this means that after 8 switch-ins Scizor will die because of Stealth Rock. And since you are using U-turn, this will very likely happen. That's why I woulkd suggest using this EV spread: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spe. The 8 Spe EVs allow you to outspeed Vaporeon's that are running 4 EVs in Speed.
Will do. Simple change, good result.

I am going to list the changes I was thinking of making...

Salamence @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost
Latias @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
Gyarados @ Life Orb
EVs: 8 HP/252 Atk/248 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
- Thundershock
- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP/176 Spd/96 SAtk
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Reno, theres little to no reason to actually run Thunderbolt on a Specs Latias set. Only reason Thunderbolt is usually used is for the Scarf set, since it lacks the power to OHKO things like Gyarados with Draco Meteor, but in a Specs set, this is totally fixed, so its a good idea to dump Thunderbolt on your set, and test out something like Dragon Pulse for reliable STAB issues. Although if you want to use Thunderbolt thats fine, just a little tip.

Reno, theres little to no reason to actually run Thunderbolt on a Specs Latias set. Only reason Thunderbolt is usually used is for the Scarf set, since it lacks the power to OHKO things like Gyarados with Draco Meteor, but in a Specs set, this is totally fixed, so its a good idea to dump Thunderbolt on your set, and test out something like Dragon Pulse for reliable STAB issues. Although if you want to use Thunderbolt thats fine, just a little tip.
Yeah, I don't really know much about Latias so I took a guess. I was just thinking of Empoleon really, but Agility will let it beat me anyway.

On a side note, I am pleased with my ability to click the wrong move and not notice.

I will get down to testing everything tomorrow. It is the weekend, so yeah.

I don't really like the idea of Latias, if I am honest. I don't have a reliable switch in to Tyranitar and it is just another Pursuit weak. I think Roost/Brick Break/Draco Meteor/Fire Blast Salamence seems like the best option, but I will test it in tandem with Rotom-h and Grass Knot Jirachi.

I really think Rotom-h would be a good idea though. Swords Dance Scizor can hit most of my team really hard, even Rotom-c who can only 2HKO with Thunderbolt which means Rotom-c is dead due to Bullet Punch 2HKOing. It would kinda help me with Tyranitar as well, as Jirachi is my only Rock resist and can't really do anything to hurt it. Then again, Thunderbolt has been really useful...

Ok, after testing a bit, I have decided on this team.

Still undecided on Thunderbolt or Grass Knot on Jirachi, but Grass Knot has been OK so far.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
---
Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP/12 Atk/244 SDef
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Crunch
---
Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Trick
---
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Quick Attack
---
Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP/96 Def/176 Spd
- Wish
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
---
Salamence @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Brick Break
- Roost
---

as a little nitpick, scizor should never run speed EVs. This is because in scizor vs. scizor, the slower one will win. This is because if you both u-turn, the slower one gets to see what the other person brings in. And if they both use superpower, the slow one gets to hit thier lowered defense.
I really don't understand why everyone says this. Scizor should run 224ev's to outspeed Cresselia, Tyranitar, and some other Pokemon to make U-Turn and Superpower more effective. CB Scizor ties happen but if everyone uses the standard 8 Ev's then you haven't accomplished anything, it is up to luck.

I really don't understand why everyone says this. Scizor should run 224ev's to outspeed Cresselia, Tyranitar, and some other Pokemon to make U-Turn and Superpower more effective. CB Scizor ties happen but if everyone uses the standard 8 Ev's then you haven't accomplished anything, it is up to luck.
You don't need to outspeed TTar due to Bullet Punch, opposing Scizor take a good ~30% from U-turn if you win the speed tie, you can scout an opposing U-turn switch in if you lose the speed tie, and in the case of Cress, Scizor is usually the best to take her T-Waves on offensive teams due to access to priority and inherent lack of speed anyway, and then can OHKO with U-Turn.

Not to mention that the added bulk always helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)