itt post a song and i will rate it

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
5/10

i used to really love this song when i was younger but unfortunately listening to it to it now sounds like regular dubstep with a violin overlay, which isn't bad but i feel like it had more potential to have a more unique sound

unfortunately i don't listen to as much dubstep these days but panic by stefandre is a fairly unique sound in terms of dubstep you may like
8/10

honestly a really good song, everything from the vocals to the instruments seem to have aged very well (the album it's from released in 2011 but from what i can find it seems to be an archival type of thing), i also have a soft spot for funky beats and sounds so that was very enjoyable

interstellar love by thundercat might deviate a bit from this song but as a more modern song it's cool to see how it was inspired by funk songs back then, i'm sure thundercat has plenty of better similar sounding song but i haven't gotten the chance to listen to them as much

also funnily enough kanye west samples this song in facts (charlie heat version) but only for the first few seconds, afterwards he, in a kanye west fashion, boasts about how well his shoe brand is selling

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
8/10

honestly a really good song, everything from the vocals to the instruments seem to have aged very well (the album it's from released in 2011 but from what i can find it seems to be an archival type of thing), i also have a soft spot for funky beats and sounds so that was very enjoyable

interstellar love by thundercat might deviate a bit from this song but as a more modern song it's cool to see how it was inspired by funk songs back then, i'm sure thundercat has plenty of better similar sounding song but i haven't gotten the chance to listen to them as much

also funnily enough kanye west samples this song in facts (charlie heat version) but only for the first few seconds, afterwards he, in a kanye west fashion, boasts about how well his shoe brand is selling
Good recommendation, I love Thundercat

As for the Kanye song that's where I actually first found about Dirt and Grime, I'm a big Kanye head and often check out his samples so yup, checks out

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
are there any limitations on the kinds of songs we can post?
Not at all, but there is a chance I wouldn't be able to give you a proper recommendation if the song is a genre I'm fairly unfamiliar with.
8/10
Metal is definitely one of the genres that I'm the least knowledgeable in, but songs like this one support how it's one of the most misunderstood genres out there. As the video states, it definitely does feel like it's "more than just a song," and it certainly takes on the unfortunately lost art of 10+ minute songs. Some parts may have dragged on for a little too long for my liking, but regardless it's a very enjoyable song, especially considering that the genre isn't one I listen to often.

Death Grips - On GP isn't what I would call metal, but both songs share a lot of similarities, particularly the "more than just a song" attribute.
7/10
This song honestly feels like it's empty and full at the same time, and I'm pretty fond of it. The outcome is a very unique ambience, and while I believe it had the potential to be more impactful, it definitely feels like an emotional track.

Burial - Archangel I believe is fairly similar to this song in that it's able to convey a lot of emotion without the need for concrete lyrics.

How about this?

5/10
This song unfortunately does follow a fairly basic formula songs like it usually follow without much uniqueness to it, but the quality of the instruments and vocals are better than most songs like it in my opinion, so that gives it a little boost in enjoyment.

This might be a little cheating since he was on The Killers, but Brandon Flowers - Can't Deny My Love takes that same formula and adds a much more interesting spice to it, not to mention how the same vocal talent works great here as well.
8/10
I have a soft spot for pop songs with female vocals that obviously didn't care to achieve a radio-favoring sound. That definitely isn't the best way to describe this song, but it's the best way I can describe it in order to express why I enjoy it.

It reminds me a bit of Sky Ferreira - 24 Hours in terms of sound. You've definitely seen me talk about the album it's from, and if you haven't already, I would recommend the whole album, Night Time, My Time, as well.
7/10
This is a song I'll probably won't listen to again, but holy fuck, the fact that this was made in the 1960s is mind-blowing. From the instruments that that shouldn't have synergy at lot somehow being listenable to the vocals sounding like both whispering and screaming at the same time, this song is definitely ahead of its time. Again, it's not going to be a song I'll listen to in the future, but I can't help but appreciate how perplexing it is.

I honestly can't think of any song that's at least somewhat similar to this one. In terms of songs that shouldn't sound good, Death Grips - Hot Head is probably the closest song I can think of, but this song was literally a league of its own.

DISTROBRO

Banned deucer.
7/10
This song honestly feels like it's empty and full at the same time, and I'm pretty fond of it. The outcome is a very unique ambience, and while I believe it had the potential to be more impactful, it definitely feels like an emotional track.

Burial - Archangel I believe is fairly similar to this song in that it's able to convey a lot of emotion without the need for concrete lyrics.
That's a very solid rec and I see the ressemblance, although I'm not a big fan of dub. I want to play again though if that's OK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)