Monotype Jellicent (Ghost)

maroon

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RMT & Mono Leader
:sm/jellicent:
[SET]
name: Physically Defensive Wall (Ghost)
move 1: Scald
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Strength Sap / Recover
move 4: Will-O-Wisp / Hex
item: Leftovers
ability: Water Absorb
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Jellicent acts as a physical wall on Ghost teams that has the added benefit of being immune to Water-type attacks. Scald allows Jellicent to have an attack that prevents it from becoming passive while also being able to burn foes. Taunt can also be used to cripple slower walls and entry hazard setters such as Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Hippowdon. Strength Sap allows Jellicent to recover health while also crippling physical attackers by lowering their Attack by one stage. Recover gives Jellicent a more reliable form of recovery, however, it may not heal as much as Strength Sap. Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple physical attackers such as Excadrill. Hex can be used over it to take advantage of status conditions spread by itself and its teammates. Leftovers gives it access to passive recovery. Its EVs allow it to be as physically bulky as possible.

Jellicent and Galarian Corsola can cripple physical attackers by spreading burns through Will-O-Wisp. Sableye can also take advantage of Prankster, allowing it to check setup sweepers such as Gyarados for Jellicent. All of its offensive teammates appreciate its ability to act as a pivot into strong attacks and widdle down the foe, allowing them to better break through the opponent's team. Aegislash appreciates Jellicent's ability to switch into Fire-type attacks for it, and in return, Aegislash can switch into Grass-type attacks for Jellicent.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Ghost analysis by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Quality checked by: [[Havens, 391540], [Decem, 362454]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
move 4: Will-O-Wisp
item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe

Use this set instead; rearrange the bullet points/edit the information as necessary

QC 1/2

Jesus Christ that set name...

Last edited:

mushamu

God jihyo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
[SET]

item: Colbur Berry / Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

- I don't think Colbur Berry is necessary. It's only really good for Bisharp, since you beat Barraskewda eventually anyways with Strength Sap, moreso something I would put in the other options section once we do full analyses. Leftovers is way better for passive recovery.
- I changed up the EV spread because I don't think you need Speed on Jellicent in this metagame. 12 Speed was originally used for Celesteela, and that's about it. Right now, the only set we have right now for Tyranitar is defensive Stealth Rock with a Sassy nature, so you outspeed that with Jellicent anyways. I'd just dump the Speed into its bulk.
- If you have any questions about the set, feel free to discuss with me and other QC members.

[SET COMMENTS]
- You need to mention Ferrothorn for something Taunt helps against. Having something to block it from using Spikes all over your team is very useful.
- Strength Sap is stopped by Taunt.
- Reflect the item and EV change in the first paragraphs. Do name some Pokemon the Defense investments helps against though.

- The first sentence in the second paragraph seems useless, remove it.
- Runerigus should be talked about, they support each other defensively by virtue of typing and Runerigus can lay down Toxic Spikes. Put something in for it over the part where you talk about Galarian Corsola absorbing Thunderbolt and Grass Knot.
- Aegislash loses to like every Toxic user. I'm skeptical on the Fire-type coverage part too, unless you can name some good examples, then I guess keeping it is fine. Otherwise, I would just remove it since I can't seem to think of any that Jellicent is great against.

QC 2/2

deetah

Delicate as silk
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (AC) = Add Comma (RC) = Remove Comma
It looks like you forgot to finish the last sentence of this analysis, so until then, I'm not gonna stamp this. Also check out another comment that I made

[SET]
item: Leftovers
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Jellicent acts as the role of a physical wall on Ghost teams that has the added benefit of being immune to Water-type attacks. Scald allows Jellicent to have an attack preventing that prevents it from becoming passive, (RC) while also being able to burn foes. Taunt can also be used to cripple slower walls and entry hazard setters such as Toxapex, Ferrothorn, and Hippowdon. Strength Sap allows Jellicent to recover off health while also crippling physical attackers by lowering their Attack (Capitalize) by one stage. Recover gives Jellicent a more reliable form of recovery, however, it may not heal as much as Strength Sap. Will-O-Wisp allows it to cripple physical attackers such as Excadrill. Hex can be used over it to take advantage of status conditions spread by itself and its teammates. Leftovers gives it access to passive recovery. Its EVs allow it to be as physically bulk bulky as possible.

Jellicent and Galarian Corsola spreading burns through Will-O-Wisp making the core anti-metagame against the primarily physically offensive metagame. (What are you trying to say here??) Sableye can also abuse take advantage of Prankster, (AC) allowing it to check setup sweepers such as Gyarados for Jellicent. All of its offensive teammates appreciate its ability to act as a pivot into strong attacks and widdle down the foe, allowing them to better break through the opponents opponent's team. Aegislash appreciates Jellicent's ability to switch into Fire-type attacks for it, and in return. (Uh.. Did you not even finish this sentence?)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Ghost analysis by: [[maroon, 305839]]
- Quality checked by: [[Havens, 391540], [Decem, 362454]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)