Jenkin's army

This is my first ever Nu team, and my first team in general. To me it's great, but there are some flaws to it. I just can't figure it out!:evan: I have used it a lot but i almost always lose. I'll take suggestions on how to change it.
P.S: I know these sets are not very creative. I just cant think of any ideas because im not so good at making strategic teams.

Lead:
Relicanth/Jenkins
Nature: Jolly
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Ev's: 252 Atk
4 Def
252 Speed
Attacks: Head Smash, Rock Polish, Waterfall, Earthquake
My strategy with Jenkins is to rock polish, then destroy the entry hazard Pokemon. Then, I continue the sweep until Jenkins faints. This always works, as Jenkins has pretty good type coverage against rock types, which are most entry hazard Pokemon.

Camerupt/Mauna Loa
Nature: Calm
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
Ev's: 252 HP
4 Sp. Atk
252 Sp. Def
Attacks: Stealth Rock, Earth Power, Flamethrower, Overheat
Mauna Loa is my tank in this team. He can take lots of attacks and dish out even more powerful attacks as well. Once the enemy tries to switch, I set up my rocks. When all else fails, I use overheat, to destroy the opposing enemy. They are :toast: at this point.

Dodrio/Highwind
Nature: Jolly
Item: Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Ev's: 4 HP
252 Attack
252 Speed
Attacks: Brave Bird, Quick attack, Return, Toxic
This is my primary sweeper. He outspeeds so much things he can take em out with ease. He can be my revenge killer, too (with quick attack). But once he's about to faint, I deal out my crippling move: toxic.

Electabuzz/Ubercharge
Nature: Modest
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
Ev's: 4 HP
252 Sp. Atk
252 Speed
Attacks: Thunderbolt, HP Ice, Focus Blast, Volt Switch
Electabuzz is my revenge killer, and special attacker. He deals out decent damage with lots of coverage. When revenge killing, I tend to use volt switch.

Cincinno/Valerie
Nature: Adamant
Item: Normal Gem
Ability: Skill Link
Ev's: 252 Atk
4 HP
252 Speed
Attacks: Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, Wake-Up Slap
Valerie can take out lots of threats with her moves. She has big coverage and can wake up resters for double the damage. She can break subs easily, too.

Exeggutor/CocoCrash
Nature: Modest
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
Ev's: 252 Sp. Atk
252 Speed
4 HP
Attacks: Energy Ball, Leaf Storm, Sleep Powder, Psychic
While CocoCrash is weak to the fleet of poison types in NU, She can use psychic to deal with them. She can use sleep powder to aid in Valerie's wake-up slap spree. She is very bulky, as well.

That was my team, and i hope you like it! :D

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon! I'd like to point out that you really should expand your descriptions. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50298 That link will give you all rules that you need to follow to prevent a moderator from locking you. As for the movesets, the Strategy Dex is very useful for new players in finding decent movesets and EV spreads. Marriland's Teambuilder is also helpful in just finding out how much type synergy your team has. If you seem to be losing a lot, there are a few options, like Battling 101 and Tutoring. You can also use Pokemon Showdown to watch a few NU battles and get a feel for the tier and battling.

As for your team, while I can't give you a full rate until you make some improvements, I can give you a bit of advice. You seem to like using Leaf Storm and Overheat on Camerupt and Exeggutor. While they are not bad moves per se, you don't need two Fire attacks on Camerupt, since its job is to set up Rock. You'd be better off using Roar just to abuse Stealth Rocks and prevent set up sweepers from sweeping through your team so easily.

For Exeggutor, if you're not using Choice Specs, there is no reason to have 2 Grass type moves on Exeggutor. I'd say to put Sunny Day over Energy Ball and Solarbeam over Leaf Storm. Then you also have a decent Chlorophyll sweeper that can tear holes into opposing teams.

Finally, Dodrio is rather underwhelming in the current metagame since Braviary and Swellow are so much more dangerous (with either better coverage or better speed and ability to switch moves). I'd switch with Braviary, since it also lets you break down Steel types that can tank a good portion of your team's offense.

It's not much but I hope this helps! :)

Welcome to Smogon! I'd like to point out that you really should expand your descriptions. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50298 That link will give you all rules that you need to follow to prevent a moderator from locking you. As for the movesets, the Strategy Dex is very useful for new players in finding decent movesets and EV spreads. Marriland's Teambuilder is also helpful in just finding out how much type synergy your team has. If you seem to be losing a lot, there are a few options, like Battling 101 and Tutoring. You can also use Pokemon Showdown to watch a few NU battles and get a feel for the tier and battling.

As for your team, while I can't give you a full rate until you make some improvements, I can give you a bit of advice. You seem to like using Leaf Storm and Overheat on Camerupt and Exeggutor. While they are not bad moves per se, you don't need two Fire attacks on Camerupt, since its job is to set up Rock. You'd be better off using Roar just to abuse Stealth Rocks and prevent set up sweepers from sweeping through your team so easily.

For Exeggutor, if you're not using Choice Specs, there is no reason to have 2 Grass type moves on Exeggutor. I'd say to put Sunny Day over Energy Ball and Solarbeam over Leaf Storm. Then you also have a decent Chlorophyll sweeper that can tear holes into opposing teams.

Finally, Dodrio is rather underwhelming in the current metagame since Braviary and Swellow are so much more dangerous (with either better coverage or better speed and ability to switch moves). I'd switch with Braviary, since it also lets you break down Steel types that can tank a good portion of your team's offense.

It's not much but I hope this helps! :)
Thanks! I'll test these out in showdown first, then I'll transfer it to my real Pokemon game. I'm planning to switch Dodrio to Braviary. The Exeggutor thing seems really cool, as I have never seen Exeggutors be sweepers. All i've seen are revenge killers. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)