Jirachi's! Best Nickname?! (Event over, mods please close)

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVENT IS NOW OVER! Check last post for winners!

Hello,

This is my first giveaway! I'll be giving away 5 UT WISHMKR Jirachi's, all legit, from their respective bonus disc. The giveaway will be cross-gen, so if you win, you can claim the Jirachi on either your Gen IV or Gen V game.

How to participate?
What is an awesome nick name for a Jirachi? Reply to this thread with your most creative nickname for Jirachi! 5 of the best nicknames will be chosen when the event is over. The 5 winning users will get a free WISHMKR Jirachi -- In any nature desired.

Rules:
You may only reply to this thread once.
No spamming, no begging, no flaming.
No offensive nick names.

Event Duration:
This event will last for roughly 48 hours. It will end on August 1st.

Good luck everyone ^^!

I'd go with MeteorSwrm (Meteor Swarm with 10 letters to fit the maximum). Meteor Swarm is a powerful attack used by bosses on Super Mario RPG, which is a simply awesome game.

(http://www.mariowiki.com/Meteor_Swarm)

Also, are you able to teach Jirachi 3rd Gen tutor moves before Pal Parking? That would make things much more interesting :]

Do you know it's IVs?
They all have different IV's, lol. I've spent a crap load of time pulling Jirachi's off my bonus disc in order to get them in just about each nature, I'm not just giving away one set Jirachi.

I'd go with MeteorSwrm (Meteor Swarm with 10 letters to fit the maximum). Meteor Swarm is a powerful attack used by bosses on Super Mario RPG, which is a simply awesome game.

(http://www.mariowiki.com/Meteor_Swarm)

Also, are you able to teach Jirachi 3rd Gen tutor moves before Pal Parking? That would make things much more interesting :]
I've already transferred most of them to Pearl, I do have a couple still on 3rd gen and may possibly tutor them if the winner(s) really wants.

I'm gonna put in Astrol which is short for Astrology, and Astrology means "The science of stars." plus I think it sounds kinda cool :3

I like Yvaine. It means 'fallen star' and is the name of the character who is a fallen star in the movie Stardust.

I'm really excited you have some in 3rd Gen!

I would nickname it "Tanabata" after the japanese star festival of the same name. You make wishes during the holiday much like Jirachi is wished to.

Probably "Estrella", which is Spanish for "Star". I have come to love the Spanish language, though I probably will never be able to learn it :/

I would name Jirachi Arlecchino (Harlequin) 'cause he is colorfull and his moves for many sets are from all the types.
Arlecchino is an italian folklore charachter.
this character has born from the agricoltural ritual as an underground demon, and his name comes from the German
Hölle König, than transformed in helleking and again in Harlequin.

I really like this name on Jirachi! and congrats for the nice Giveaway!

I'd call it ShutinStar (10 letters limit for ShootingStar), because he looks like a star and he grants wishes :D

I would nickname it "Goombella".

When I was looking at the pokedex entry for sapphire it said: "Jirachi will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity."

I immediatly thought of Paper Mario and the thousand year door. Then my mind came up with Goombella. They also seem a bit alike.

I would nickname it "Goombella".

When I was looking at the pokedex entry for sapphire it said: "Jirachi will awaken from its sleep of a thousand years if you sing to it in a voice of purity."

I immediatly thought of Paper Mario and the thousand year door. Then my mind came up with Goombella. They also seem a bit alike.
Well played.

I would nickname the Jirachi 'Kumatora' after the princess in Mother 3 and user of PK Starstorm.

"PK FLASH" would be great, since it makes people cry and it relies slowly on hax. I think "PKSTARSTRM" would be most appropriate, especially for Jirachis that carry Draco Meteor! "Poo" would be too silly and "Kumatora" would probably confuse people since MOTHER3 never saw an official English release.

It's a real shame that Jirachi can't be nicknamed through legitimate means. :(

I'm going with "PK FLASH" since the character limit ruins "PK STARSTORM".

i think that the perfect name for a WISHMKR Jirachi, is "Hikoboshi", the Japanese name for the star "Altair".

in the japanese folklore, the tanabata festival celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime (represented by the star vega) and Hikoboshi;
"According to legend, the Milk way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar. The date of Tanabata varies by region of the country.
the first festivities begin on July 7 of the gregorian calendar. The celebration is held at various days between July and August."

in this occasion, in Japan is also used to write a wish or a poem, a piece of paper vertically,To be hung on a bamboo stick.

I think the name Augastala fits nicely.

August means majestic, but also comes from the Latin augustus meaning sacred or grand. Auga is an Old Norse word for eye, referencing Jirachi's third or "true" eye. Meanwhile, stella is a Latin word meaning star and stal is Old Norse for steel. Tala also happens to mean speak or converse in Old Norse, a reference to it being one of the Pokemon shown to speak with humans telepathically in the anime.

Taken together, all these elements could be summed up in something along the lines of "sacred eye of the speaking steel star." Wow. That was a lot of S's. And a pretty fitting name, in my opinion.

Since the good nicknames are already taken it seems, I would nickname it Airplanes. It's the title of a song by B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams of Paramore. Yeah, I made it kinda obvious, but it's still a good song(coming from someone who doesn't really listen to that style of music). The people that have listened to the song know why I named it that, but for those who haven't, they basically pretend that airplanes are shooting stars at night so they can make a wish(lol I literally just said the hook right now). And, it is Wishmaker Jirachi so it makes sense.

Estrella

It don't have a spectacular meaning, it means star in Spanisch. But I love the pronouncement in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)