XY OU JIRAITE

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I've been wanting to post a RMT for a while, so now that my team is out of WCoP I've decided to post one of the teams I used in the tournament. I took a long break of XY after the Lucarionite + Genesect ban because I didn't really like the meta and I'd rather play DPP and BW. With World Cup coming around I had to get back into XY and I've mostly used teams like this one, with it being, in my opinion, my best variant of it yet.

This team strays away from my preferred playstyle which is balance, because I think balance is just inferior to all-out offense in XY. Balance teams tend to have bad match-ups against Stall teams which are getting more and more common. I don't like playing Stall because I think it's way too passive this gen, which makes it easier for your opponent to outplay you, especially if he's a skilled player with a halfway decent match-up. Offense can also easily recover from a bad match-up by putting offensive pressure on the opponent which will force them into committing mistakes, giving you an advantage.

When I built this team, I wanted it to be able to put a ton of offensive pressure on the opponent so that it would be easy I could just play along while having as much momentum as possible. That's why I didn't want a choiced Pokemon on this team; they are easily forced out and will require me to make some risky plays which might not always end in my favor. You might ask why I don't use a Deoxys lead on this team to grab early game hazards and then go to town, and my answer is that Deoxys leads really lack the utility and versatility that my current choice (Garchomp) has. Deoxys leads also force you into a very specific (and predictable) archetype which I don't like.

Specifics:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet *** GARCHOMPITE
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp was actually the last Pokemon I added to the team, and I chose it because I needed Stealth Rock and something to fight off powerful priority abusers, which is why I opted for a BW staple, Rocky Helmet + SD. I think Garchomp makes for an excellent lead for offensive teams because it grabs momentum right as it switches in against a lot of common leads, such as Landorus-T or Deoxys-D. What I like about it is its versatility. Against Stall team, I can keep Garchomp alive all game long to set up Stealth Rock and force my opponent into their Skarmory as I want which gives me a great advantage against them, while against balances and offenses, I can use it as a suicide lead that sets up Stealth Rock on the first few turns and then tries to kill some stuff before dying.

I do play carefully with Garchomp if my opponent has something like Talonflame though, because otherwise it could do a number to my team. The extra recoil from Rocky Helmet comes in handy against those threats in late game situations. Against offenses I don't always play it like a Deoxys lead either, depending on the opponent's most likely lead, if it's something that can beat Garchomp easily (i.e. Mamoswine) I try to keep it for later, because Garchomp can switch in easily thanks to its great bulk.

Other options:

- Lum Berry > Rocky Helmet: a viable item choice, it allows you to beat Rotom-W leads easily as well as things like Gengar. I prefer Rocky Helmet's recoil though, as it makes the team better against strong priority users.

- Landorus > Garchomp: Landorus is probably the only other Pokemon I'd use over Garchomp. I prefer Garchomp to it because of the 29% recoil on contact moves, however, Landorus can blast through a Skarmory and most walls too, without set up.

Mawile @ Mawilite *** MAWILITE
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
evs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I (almost) always build around a mega in XY because they're just so good at sweeping. Mawile is probably the best mega there is atm which is why I chose it. I decided to use the Swords Dance set because it's great against all playstyles. Offenses are just torn apart by +2 Sucker Punch once their Dark resist is a little weakened, while weaker teams will have trouble killing Mawile while +2 Play Rough just smashes everything they have. Knock Off is a great utility move on Mawile that does a surprising amount of damage to things like Ferrothorn and Skarmory, especially after a boost. I don't use a lot of Speed on it because I like the bulk, so I just targeted enough for 4 Spe Clefable.

Since Mawile can be a win condition against just about any team, I tend to keep it healthy until late game unless I have an easy opportunity to do a lot of damage (like against a Latios, I can force it out while knocking off a counter's item). Mawile is one of the few megas that benefit from waiting before mega evolving because of Intimidate, which can give you an easy set up opportunity.

Other options:

- Fire Fang > Knock Off: Fire Fang allows you to run HP Grass on Greninja if you're into that, or if you hate Scizor I guess.

- Max Speed: Mawile needs a lot of Speed to outspeed things like Mega Venusaur so might as well go for max Speed. I don't think this team especially needs this, but this can work.

Greninja @ Life Orb *** GRENINJAITE
Ability: Protean
Nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

Greninja just fits so well on offensive teams. Its combination of Speed and coverage makes it incredibly difficult to switch into, and many teams have a really hard time switching into it (if they have one at all). I opted for HP Fire + Extrasensory simply because I think it's the superior coverage. Nothing is safe from this set except for Assault Vest Azumarill and Chansey, which makes it so easy to tear offenses apart.

I tend to play aggressively with Greninja, because one of its main strengths is that it can screw over a lot of its counters with the right coverage and playing safe with it allows your opponent to scout your coverages which reduces its effectiveness. You can remove annoying things like Mega Venusaur that would normally scout for Extrasensory that way, easing up the rest of the game for the rest of the team.

Other options:

Hidden Power [Grass] > [Fire]: This allows Greg to blow through Azumarill which is cool, but then you should get something like Focus Blast on Thundurus to beat Ferrothorn.

Grass Knot > Extrasensory: I like this option because it catches both Azumarill (and Gyarados) and Ferrothorn and is unusual coverage on Greninja. I'd use this with something that makes the team better against Venusaur, like Landorus over Garchomp.

Thundurus @ Leftovers *** THUNDURUSITE
Ability: Prankster
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus is a godsend to offensive teams. I like this set because I think it covers everything that makes it a great Pokemon; the priority Thunder Wave and the fantastic wallbreaking capabilities makes it the Swiss Army Knife of XY offense. I decided to use a set with Leftovers because I didn't want to bother with hazard removal but I also wanted to keep it around enough to check stupid things like Pinsir while also being able to TWave a Charizard X in a pinch. I initially added Thundurus to fight off faster offenses and paralyze faster threats that could check Mawile (i.e. Mega Tyranitar). The reason I use HP Flying is because it makes for a great Venusaur lure which tends to be many teams' first answer to both Thundurus and Mawile.

Thundurus is probably the only Pokemon I play carefully because without it, a lot of Pokemon can beat my team relatively easily. This can be annoying at times because Thundurus can't check everything in 1 match, but most teams don't carry more than 1 of these threats (since they're pretty much all Megas anyway.) Against Balance teams, I can play more aggressively with Thundurus since they don't normally carry something that sweeps me, and they're often weak to it.

Other options:

- Psychic > Hidden Power [Flying]: Depends if you'd rather hit Raikou / Manectric or the Latis + Ferrothorn, pretty much.

- Hidden Power [Ice] > [Flying]: Fits better on a LO set with Focus Blast over NP, but I don't think my team is weak enough to Ice weak mons to justify that change.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest *** AZUMARILLITE
Ability: Huge Power
evs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

I like having an answer to offensive Water types on most teams because they are so threatening this gen. Keldeo, Greninja, Gyarados, etc. are all very dangerous to every team including my own, and Azumarill is actually one of the best answers to them. XY was very kind to Azumarill by giving it probably the best typing in the game (alongside Mawile) and I use it on most of my offenses. Azumarill also gives me reliable priority (unlike Sucker Punch), allowing me to pick off weakened sweepers. Azumarill is excellent in all stages of the game and it's always an integral part of my strategy.

Thanks to its bulk, it's easy to play risky with Azumarill because it takes most special hits relatively well. Against teams with Mega Venusaur, I tend to just double switch with it because of my team's relatively low amount of switch ins for that, and Azumarill can't really do anything to it. It's easy to lure the opponent into obvious moves with Azumarill which is why I really think it fits the team well despite having a few hard counters.

Other options:

- Choice Band > Assault Vest: While I don't really like the idea of using Choiced Pokemon on this team, CB Azumarill can fit thanks to the strong priority and stronger hit on switch-ins which this team definitely appreciates. I prefer Assault Vest because of the ability to check Greninja better, though.

Aegislash @ Leftovers *** AEGISLASHITE
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Quiet
evs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpA
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

After putting my first 4 Pokemon together I realized I had no checks to a long list of threats and that I could definitely use some extra insurance against others. I decided to add Aegislash in because of its incredible pivoting abilities that allows it to check just about anything without a Super Effective STAB move. I originally planned on using a SubToxic set to screw over teams that rely on Mandibuzz to check this, but after thinking about it a little I realized that my team does not appreciate a boosted Bisharp, so I decided to throw in Sacred Sword for bait kills. The extra priority doesn't hurt either, as then I can pick off things that attempt to switch in as offensive checks (i.e. Landorus) after they get hurt by Shadow Ball.

Since Aegislash can control the flow of the game at any given moment, I use it as a powerful tool to steal the opponent's momentum which is especially helpful against Offense and Balance teams. If things don't go my way I tend to try to search for opportunities to switch Aegis in, which always tends to work out in my favor thanks to the tier's limited answers to Shadow Ball.

Other options:

- Flash Cannon > Sacred Sword: This team isn't exactly adept at switching into Bisharp's Knock Off but Flash Cannon can help with Clefable if you're having issues breaking it.

- SubToxic > Sneak + Sword: Probably the easiest change to make on this team. I personally prefer the priority and ability to smash Bisharp and Tyranitar, but SubToxic can help against Stall teams which are always annoying to face.

Team Structure:

I see the team this way:

1)
2)
3)

where 1) is my lead which is important for early game play. I think offense is much better with a dedicated lead (or at least a pseudo lead like Garchomp) because of the big momentum boost early game. 2) is my offensive core which is probably the most important part of the team. Mawile takes on bulkier threats thanks to its superior power while Greninja is a better tool against offensive ones because of the Speed. Thundurus is more of a complement which helps with what they struggle with. 3) is my pivots, which I think should always be something powerful for offense because XY offers so many quality offensive pivots. I try to give them most of the defensive burden of my team which is why I chose a Water and a Steel; they are just the best defensive types in the game.

Importable:
MAWILITE (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

GRENINJAITE (Greninja) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

THUNDURUSITE (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

AZUMARILLITE (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

AEGISLASHITE (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

GARCHOMPITE (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

shoutouts bc why not
#cdn for being beasts. We did much better than last year and we can be proud of that. I think we'll do even better next year, look forward to it!

BKC thanks for the help man. Turning Texas into a competent adver in a few hours gave us a chance to make playoffs. You've also became one of my better friends on here in the last few months even though you keep beating me in tours -___-

Funkasaurus n_n. I'll be happy to give you the BW spot next year if you want it again ~_~

CrashinBoomBang n_n

tab n_n

Harsha n_n

Nachos n_n

ium n_n

I probably forgot someone. just imagine @(yourname) n_n

I've been wanting to post a RMT for a while, so now that my team is out of WCoP I've decided to post one of the teams I used in the tournament. I took a long break of XY after the Lucarionite + Genesect ban because I didn't really like the meta and I'd rather play DPP and BW. With World Cup coming around I had to get back into XY and I've mostly used teams like this one, with it being, in my opinion, my best variant of it yet.

This team strays away from my preferred playstyle which is balance, because I think balance is just inferior to all-out offense in XY. Balance teams tend to have bad match-ups against Stall teams which are getting more and more common. I don't like playing Stall because I think it's way too passive this gen, which makes it easier for your opponent to outplay you, especially if he's a skilled player with a halfway decent match-up. Offense can also easily recover from a bad match-up by putting offensive pressure on the opponent which will force them into committing mistakes, giving you an advantage.

When I built this team, I wanted it to be able to put a ton of offensive pressure on the opponent so that it would be easy I could just play along while having as much momentum as possible. That's why I didn't want a choiced Pokemon on this team; they are easily forced out and will require me to make some risky plays which might not always end in my favor. You might ask why I don't use a Deoxys lead on this team to grab early game hazards and then go to town, and my answer is that Deoxys leads really lack the utility and versatility that my current choice (Garchomp) has. Deoxys leads also force you into a very specific (and predictable) archetype which I don't like.

Specifics:

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet *** GARCHOMPITE
Nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Garchomp was actually the last Pokemon I added to the team, and I chose it because I needed Stealth Rock and something to fight off powerful priority abusers, which is why I opted for a BW staple, Rocky Helmet + SD. I think Garchomp makes for an excellent lead for offensive teams because it grabs momentum right as it switches in against a lot of common leads, such as Landorus-T or Deoxys-D. What I like about it is its versatility. Against Stall team, I can keep Garchomp alive all game long to set up Stealth Rock and force my opponent into their Skarmory as I want which gives me a great advantage against them, while against balances and offenses, I can use it as a suicide lead that sets up Stealth Rock on the first few turns and then tries to kill some stuff before dying.

I do play carefully with Garchomp if my opponent has something like Talonflame though, because otherwise it could do a number to my team. The extra recoil from Rocky Helmet comes in handy against those threats in late game situations. Against offenses I don't always play it like a Deoxys lead either, depending on the opponent's most likely lead, if it's something that can beat Garchomp easily (i.e. Mamoswine) I try to keep it for later, because Garchomp can switch in easily thanks to its great bulk.

Other options:

- Lum Berry > Rocky Helmet: a viable item choice, it allows you to beat Rotom-W leads easily as well as things like Gengar. I prefer Rocky Helmet's recoil though, as it makes the team better against strong priority users.

- Landorus > Garchomp: Landorus is probably the only other Pokemon I'd use over Garchomp. I prefer Garchomp to it because of the 29% recoil on contact moves, however, Landorus can blast through a Skarmory and most walls too, without set up.

Mawile @ Mawilite *** MAWILITE
evs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

I (almost) always build around a mega in XY because they're just so good at sweeping. Mawile is probably the best mega there is atm which is why I chose it. I decided to use the Swords Dance set because it's great against all playstyles. Offenses are just torn apart by +2 Sucker Punch once their Dark resist is a little weakened, while weaker teams will have trouble killing Mawile while +2 Play Rough just smashes everything they have. Knock Off is a great utility move on Mawile that does a surprising amount of damage to things like Ferrothorn and Skarmory, especially after a boost. I don't use a lot of Speed on it because I like the bulk, so I just targeted enough for 4 Spe Clefable.

Since Mawile can be a win condition against just about any team, I tend to keep it healthy until late game unless I have an easy opportunity to do a lot of damage (like against a Latios, I can force it out while knocking off a counter's item). Mawile is one of the few megas that benefit from waiting before mega evolving because of Intimidate, which can give you an easy set up opportunity.

Other options:

- Fire Fang > Knock Off: Fire Fang allows you to run HP Grass on Greninja if you're into that, or if you hate Scizor I guess.

- Max Speed: Mawile needs a lot of Speed to outspeed things like Mega Venusaur so might as well go for max Speed. I don't think this team especially needs this, but this can work.

Greninja @ Life Orb *** GRENINJAITE
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

Greninja just fits so well on offensive teams. Its combination of Speed and coverage makes it incredibly difficult to switch into, and many teams have a really hard time switching into it (if they have one at all). I opted for HP Fire + Extrasensory simply because I think it's the superior coverage. Nothing is safe from this set except for Assault Vest Azumarill and Chansey, which makes it so easy to tear offenses apart.

I tend to play aggressively with Greninja, because one of its main strengths is that it can screw over a lot of its counters with the right coverage and playing safe with it allows your opponent to scout your coverages which reduces its effectiveness. You can remove annoying things like Mega Venusaur that would normally scout for Extrasensory that way, easing up the rest of the game for the rest of the team.

Other options:

Hidden Power [Grass] > [Fire]: This allows Greg to blow through Azumarill which is cool, but then you should get something like Focus Blast on Thundurus to beat Ferrothorn.

Grass Knot > Extrasensory: I like this option because it catches both Azumarill (and Gyarados) and Ferrothorn and is unusual coverage on Greninja. I'd use this with something that makes the team better against Venusaur, like Landorus over Garchomp.

Thundurus @ Leftovers *** THUNDURUSITE
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus is a godsend to offensive teams. I like this set because I think it covers everything that makes it a great Pokemon; the priority Thunder Wave and the fantastic wallbreaking capabilities makes it the Swiss Army Knife of XY offense. I decided to use a set with Leftovers because I didn't want to bother with hazard removal but I also wanted to keep it around enough to check stupid things like Pinsir while also being able to TWave a Charizard X in a pinch. I initially added Thundurus to fight off faster offenses and paralyze faster threats that could check Mawile (i.e. Mega Tyranitar). The reason I use HP Flying is because it makes for a great Venusaur lure which tends to be many teams' first answer to both Thundurus and Mawile.

Thundurus is probably the only Pokemon I play carefully because without it, a lot of Pokemon can beat my team relatively easily. This can be annoying at times because Thundurus can't check everything in 1 match, but most teams don't carry more than 1 of these threats (since they're pretty much all Megas anyway.) Against Balance teams, I can play more aggressively with Thundurus since they don't normally carry something that sweeps me, and they're often weak to it.

Other options:

- Psychic > Hidden Power [Flying]: Depends if you'd rather hit Raikou / Manectric or the Latis + Ferrothorn, pretty much.

- Hidden Power [Ice] > [Flying]: Fits better on a LO set with Focus Blast over NP, but I don't think my team is weak enough to Ice weak mons to justify that change.

Azumarill @ Assault Vest *** AZUMARILLITE
evs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

I like having an answer to offensive Water types on most teams because they are so threatening this gen. Keldeo, Greninja, Gyarados, etc. are all very dangerous to every team including my own, and Azumarill is actually one of the best answers to them. XY was very kind to Azumarill by giving it probably the best typing in the game (alongside Mawile) and I use it on most of my offenses. Azumarill also gives me reliable priority (unlike Sucker Punch), allowing me to pick off weakened sweepers. Azumarill is excellent in all stages of the game and it's always an integral part of my strategy.

Thanks to its bulk, it's easy to play risky with Azumarill because it takes most special hits relatively well. Against teams with Mega Venusaur, I tend to just double switch with it because of my team's relatively low amount of switch ins for that, and Azumarill can't really do anything to it. It's easy to lure the opponent into obvious moves with Azumarill which is why I really think it fits the team well despite having a few hard counters.

Other options:

- Choice Band > Assault Vest: While I don't really like the idea of using Choiced Pokemon on this team, CB Azumarill can fit thanks to the strong priority and stronger hit on switch-ins which this team definitely appreciates. I prefer Assault Vest because of the ability to check Greninja better, though.

Aegislash @ Leftovers *** AEGISLASHITE
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

After putting my first 4 Pokemon together I realized I had no checks to a long list of threats and that I could definitely use some extra insurance against others. I decided to add Aegislash in because of its incredible pivoting abilities that allows it to check just about anything without a Super Effective STAB move. I originally planned on using a SubToxic set to screw over teams that rely on Mandibuzz to check this, but after thinking about it a little I realized that my team does not appreciate a boosted Bisharp, so I decided to throw in Sacred Sword for bait kills. The extra priority doesn't hurt either, as then I can pick off things that attempt to switch in as offensive checks (i.e. Landorus) after they get hurt by Shadow Ball.

Since Aegislash can control the flow of the game at any given moment, I use it as a powerful tool to steal the opponent's momentum which is especially helpful against Offense and Balance teams. If things don't go my way I tend to try to search for opportunities to switch Aegis in, which always tends to work out in my favor thanks to the tier's limited answers to Shadow Ball.

Other options:

- Flash Cannon > Sacred Sword: This team isn't exactly adept at switching into Bisharp's Knock Off but Flash Cannon can help with Clefable if you're having issues breaking it.

- SubToxic > Sneak + Sword: Probably the easiest change to make on this team. I personally prefer the priority and ability to smash Bisharp and Tyranitar, but SubToxic can help against Stall teams which are always annoying to face.

Team Structure:

I see the team this way:

1)
2)
3)

where 1) is my lead which is important for early game play. I think offense is much better with a dedicated lead (or at least a pseudo lead like Garchomp) because of the big momentum boost early game. 2) is my offensive core which is probably the most important part of the team. Mawile takes on bulkier threats thanks to its superior power while Greninja is a better tool against offensive ones because of the Speed. Thundurus is more of a complement which helps with what they struggle with. 3) is my pivots, which I think should always be something powerful for offense because XY offers so many quality offensive pivots. I try to give them most of the defensive burden of my team which is why I chose a Water and a Steel; they are just the best defensive types in the game.

Importable:
MAWILITE (Mawile) @ Mawilite
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

GRENINJAITE (Greninja) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Extrasensory

THUNDURUSITE (Thundurus) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave
- Nasty Plot

AZUMARILLITE (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

AEGISLASHITE (Aegislash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 40 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

GARCHOMPITE (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

shoutouts bc why not
#cdn for being beasts. We did much better than last year and we can be proud of that. I think we'll do even better next year, look forward to it!

BKC thanks for the help man. Turning Texas into a competent adver in a few hours gave us a chance to make playoffs. You've also became one of my better friends on here in the last few months even though you keep beating me in tours -___-

Funkasaurus n_n. I'll be happy to give you the BW spot next year if you want it again ~_~

CrashinBoomBang n_n

tab n_n

Harsha n_n

Nachos n_n

ium n_n

I probably forgot someone. just imagine @(yourname) n_n
Your team seems to have problems against Stallbreaker Talonflame and Stallbreaker Gengar assuming that the opposing team has counters to your rough checks (Garchomp, Thundurus and Azumarill may check these threats.) To increase your effectiveness against such threats, it wouldn't be bad idea to invest on a Heatran. Heatran sets up rocks effectively while providing the advantage of checking opposing Mega Mawile and other Pokemon. This is assuming you can actually squeeze these Pokemon in since this is a really good team:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Roar / Taunt
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp (For opposing Mega Mawile since you're going to have a hard time against it with this team. All teams do anyway.)

I added Stealth Rock there if you decide to use this and remove Stealth Rock and/or replace it with Garchomp.

Well, I hoped I helped! It's worth noting that I exclusively play stall, so ignore this post if it kills the point of this team and compromises your offensive mindset.

Last edited:

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Your team seems to have problems against Stallbreaker Talonflame and Stallbreaker Gengar assuming that the opposing team has counters to your rough checks (Garchomp, Thundurus and Azumarill may check these threats.) To increase your effectiveness against such threats, it wouldn't be bad idea to invest on a Heatran. Heatran sets up rocks effectively while providing the advantage of checking opposing Mega Mawile and other Pokemon. This is assuming you can actually squeeze these Pokemon in since this is a really good team:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 220 SpD / 40 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Protect
- Stealth Rock / Roar / Taunt
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp (For opposing Mega Mawile since you're going to have a hard time against it with this team. All teams do anyway.)

I added Stealth Rock there if you decide to use this and remove Stealth Rock and/or replace it with Garchomp.

Well, I hoped I helped! It's worth noting that I exclusively play stall, so ignore this post if it kills the point of this team and compromises your offensive mindset.
Hey Adrian Marin, thanks for taking the time to rate.

Heatran fixes some issues on paper (WoW users are indeed annoying for offense), but in reality it makes the team weaker to some threats, especially strong wallbreakers. Let's take Keldeo in example. You'll notice that the only way Keldeo can switch in against my team is by letting a teammate die, or taking a hit itself. If it wants to switch in, it'll have to take 50%+ which is bad for it. If I put Heatran on my team, I give Keldeo an occasion to switch in easily and then spam Scald, possibly burning my Azumarill and causing a lot of trouble. That is true for other things too, like Landorus, CB Azumarill, etc. which offensive teams aren't really adept at switching into. Thanks for the rate though :)

This is a really great team, but I'm curious if Aegislash does get banned what do you plan on replacing it with?
Haven't really thought about that, but I think something like Latias could work because my team doesn't really like Electrics, and Defog is nice I guess.

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey Jirachee cool team! I remember you using this vs Remedy in Wcop and the team itself did work! Not much that I honestly would change but I do suggest Fire Fang on Mawile over Knock Off. This gives you an effective way of dealing with Spdef SD Mega Scizor who has free set up vs Azumarill, Aegislash, and your current Mawile...as well as a way of knocking out Skarmory who think that they are the counter. This also helps vs opposing Mawile who believe that intimidate is enough of a check. I'd suggest running enough speed to outspeed Skarmory so that way you can keep your rocks on the field and get rid of them before they defog.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

You could potentially run HP Grass now on Greninja, but i believe that is just personal preference. Not much else to say as it is already a solid team. Hope I helped! :]

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
Hey Jirachee cool team! I remember you using this vs Remedy in Wcop and the team itself did work! Not much that I honestly would change but I do suggest Fire Fang on Mawile over Knock Off. This gives you an effective way of dealing with Spdef SD Mega Scizor who has free set up vs Azumarill, Aegislash, and your current Mawile...as well as a way of knocking out Skarmory who think that they are the counter. This also helps vs opposing Mawile who believe that intimidate is enough of a check. I'd suggest running enough speed to outspeed Skarmory so that way you can keep your rocks on the field and get rid of them before they defog.

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance

You could potentially run HP Grass now on Greninja, but i believe that is just personal preference. Not much else to say as it is already a solid team. Hope I helped! :]
Thanks for the rate aim.

I thing I will add the Speed as beating Skarmory before it Defogs is a nice idea. I'll try Fire Fang because Scizor is probably the biggest threat to this team, I do like the ability to knock items off though. thanks again!

Reactions: aim
This is a superb team, but I feel like it is weak to scarf grounds, as well as Sand Rush Excadrill under sand. Pokemon such as Landorus-T can have a field day on any of your Pokemon, as you have no reliable switch-ins, with Azumarill being 2hkoed with Earthquake, and Thundurus getting OHKOed by Stone Edge, (Landorus-T can even simply Knock Off Thundurus and go for the 2HKO too, especially since you lack Hidden Power Ice) relying on priority from Azumarill or Mega Mawile combined in order to stop this threat. I can't count Garchomp in that list, due to, as you said, your consistent lead and will be taking a lot of damage or even out of the match before Landorus-T becomes a huge threat. This also applies to Excadrill too, albeit LO varients will be a bit easier to stop. I feel like what you need is someone who can handle this threat while providing offensive momentum, so you can keep the battle in your control, and I feel like the way to keep this in order is very simple.
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

This provides a hard check to Excadrill and Landorus-T, letting you take an Earthquake easily, as it deals a flat 0 to your Aegislash while Ari Balloon is intact, and while it's true that Knock Off on Landorus-T can remove the Air Balloon, this can provide a lot of momentum on your side since Knock Off won't be able to 2hko Aegislash while threatening it out with Shadow Ball, and, due to the nature of Shadow Ball, will be able to get a decent chunk on a plethora of Pokemon and might even manage to bait a Pokemon such as Mandibuzz (I don't really think she will be on the same team as Landorus-T, it's just an example) and can let you set up with Mega Mawile and put a huge dent on at least two Pokemon.

This team was really good, and with one minor change, I think you should be set. Please try it out and tell me how it works out. Best of wishes!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
This is a superb team, but I feel like it is weak to scarf grounds, as well as Sand Rush Excadrill under sand. Pokemon such as Landorus-T can have a field day on any of your Pokemon, as you have no reliable switch-ins, with Azumarill being 2hkoed with Earthquake, and Thundurus getting OHKOed by Stone Edge, (Landorus-T can even simply Knock Off Thundurus and go for the 2HKO too, especially since you lack Hidden Power Ice) relying on priority from Azumarill or Mega Mawile combined in order to stop this threat. I can't count Garchomp in that list, due to, as you said, your consistent lead and will be taking a lot of damage or even out of the match before Landorus-T becomes a huge threat. This also applies to Excadrill too, albeit LO varients will be a bit easier to stop. I feel like what you need is someone who can handle this threat while providing offensive momentum, so you can keep the battle in your control, and I feel like the way to keep this in order is very simple.
Aegislash @ Air Balloon
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Ball
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

This provides a hard check to Excadrill and Landorus-T, letting you take an Earthquake easily, as it deals a flat 0 to your Aegislash while Ari Balloon is intact, and while it's true that Knock Off on Landorus-T can remove the Air Balloon, this can provide a lot of momentum on your side since Knock Off won't be able to 2hko Aegislash while threatening it out with Shadow Ball, and, due to the nature of Shadow Ball, will be able to get a decent chunk on a plethora of Pokemon and might even manage to bait a Pokemon such as Mandibuzz (I don't really think she will be on the same team as Landorus-T, it's just an example) and can let you set up with Mega Mawile and put a huge dent on at least two Pokemon.

This team was really good, and with one minor change, I think you should be set. Please try it out and tell me how it works out. Best of wishes!
Thanks for taking the time to rate my team :)

You're right, fast Grounds are a big threat to my team. They're actually one of the biggest advantages of having Landorus as the SRer instead of Garchomp. I hadn't really thought of putting a Balloon on Aegis because I always liked the recovery for Leftovers which come in handy against things such as Thundurus. Normally what I do against Scarf Landorus-T is that I try to lure in the U-turn and then switch into Garchomp to wear it down with SR and Rough Skin / Helmet (which totals 41% if it comes in on a revenge kill, more if it has to take a hit) which gives me a way to deal with it. Excadrill is a lot trickier, but at least it's easier to revenge kill it. I will try the Balloon, thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)