Join Avenue

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
You get a Stardust for each rank up after rank 20, a Rare Candy instead if the rank is a multiple of 10, or a Comet Shard instead if the Rank is a multiple of 100. Also, you can only change other people's jobs in your avenue if they had wanted to open a Nursery but you passed by them before Rank 20. I know this isn't what R_N was talking about, but just thought I'd share this.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Rank 21, 22, 23,..., 99 etc, you get 1 Stardust.

Rank 30, 40, 50 etc: 1 Rare Candy

Rank 100: 1 Comet Shard

I noticed that the rare 3 times when I got either Cheren or Roxie to visit my avenue, I was actually doing stuff, like keep challenging the subway and stuff like that, but now that I'm just going to the avenue everyday, w/o doing anything else, I only get fans to visit.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I got into the Magnemite exchange last night. I've distributed these Magnemites:
MAG Unit 2
MAG Unit 3
MAG Unit 4
MAGUnit A
MAGUnit B
MAGUnit C

2, 3 and 4 belong to my White 2 OT and are random ones from the complex. A, B and C are all level 1 from White 1 with TM moves and some good IVs (not guaranteeing where the 31s are). Both have Will as their OT and I can't remember the ID atm. Ill probably be releasing more, so tell me if you get one!

Has anybody gotten a Mallow?

Due to not having a lot of free time, the ONLY thing I have been doing lately on white 2 is join avenue. I have not had a shortage of gym leaders so far, they just visit the avenue once in around 3 days.

Does anyone else love to spam the uses of the Cafe/Dojo for all their EV training and grinding for competitive pokemon? I've been using them for a long time to EV train everything.

On a related note, is it just me, or does Join Avenue make you broke?

You are not alone - I have one Café and three Dojo, but rarely use more than the Café and one of the Dojo. They burned more than two millions in a week when I was leveling a handful of transferred mons from the 4th gen. They are, however nice to have for leveling defensive Pokemon.
I should get rid of redundant Dojo and concentrate on a board array of EV training.

By the way: You guys probably noticed that Elesa takes a suggestive interest in cute girls. Anyone?

Elesa does what? o.O

Oh and I have one of everything, along with an extra dojo to go with my colliseum. best to have everything, since some customers only want to go to certain places

We don't have an English version so we don't exactly know what she says. Bulbapedia and Serebii are a bit behind the current status. What I can say is that the German version is mostly solid in the translation (for example the crossdressing kindergaten teacher as Kyouhei's Ferris Wheel date, which is an entirely different story). Elesa wans to visit a shop with a stunningly/dazzlingly/mind-bloggingly/very (choose wisely) cute girl. I suppose the English version is no different. The fans were pleased, to say the least.

Edit: Off-topic, but can someone leave me a personal note on how they handeled the crossdressing ferriswheel date in English? Very much appreciated.

Edit: Off-topic, but can someone leave me a personal note on how they handeled the crossdressing ferriswheel date in English? Very much appreciated.
I only did it once so I don't know if more hints are dropped in the second version of the conversation, but she (he, I suppose) was just really really sweaty.

I got into the Magnemite exchange last night. I've distributed these Magnemites:
MAG Unit 2
MAG Unit 3
MAG Unit 4
MAGUnit A
MAGUnit B
MAGUnit C

2, 3 and 4 belong to my White 2 OT and are random ones from the complex. A, B and C are all level 1 from White 1 with TM moves and some good IVs (not guaranteeing where the 31s are). Both have Will as their OT and I can't remember the ID atm. Ill probably be releasing more, so tell me if you get one!

Has anybody gotten a Mallow?
what the cicada is a mag unit?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
They're my Magnemites of course :> to be honest I think I'm enjoying the Magnemite trade more than Join Avenue itself. I might just need to rank up more...

blitzlefan

shake it off!
iirc it's something like every time you start your game the first egg you receive will always have the same IVs and nature if the mother holds an everstone

tl;dr: fuk rng
Wait what? Is this true? NO WONDER all my eggs end up with "Decent" and "Likes to thrash about" and "Fantastic" atk... since I spam the hatching of one egg. Gender changes but IVs and nature don't??? That's so weird. Is there a thread/post that elaborates more on this and other breeding mechanics in BW2?

Elesa does what? o.O

Oh and I have one of everything, along with an extra dojo to go with my colliseum. best to have everything, since some customers only want to go to certain places
From my experience, fans only want to go to places you have in you avenue. For instance, none of my fans ever asked to "get excited about something" (raffle shop) or to "talk about love" before I opened a nursery. I could just be extremely lucky, though.

Also, I'm interested in EV training using the Join Avenue, but I'm still breeding for my first IV-trained pokemon in BW2. Are the EV gains described in Serebii reliable? (Power Lunch for 20 EVs, Secret Dish for 48 and so on)

All your visitors will want to go to a store which is already in your Avenue.
Oh and speaking of strange dialogues, some Hiker was really sweaty in the Ferrish Wheel too. He was clenched in sweat, and so was I. (the dialogue was quite a bit to 18+ for my liking)

The Japanese one is here:
from some site said:
[[ Hiker Natsumi - Summer (Natsu) ]]
Whew! You there, boy! How 'bout this humidity, day after day!
Can't help but make the best of a summer like this! Eh?
So hey! How 'bout you take a ride on the Ferris wheel with me!
For free, of course! All I ask is you go up against my best Pokémon, boy! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
Aah! Shame, shame, boy!
A young bud like you oughta enjoy a sweltering summer season!
[ Yes ]
Really now! Boy! You've got promise, I tell you what!
Well, instead of a greeting, let's go headfirst into battle!
(Battle with Hiker Natsumi, who has a Boldore. "Oho! Boy, boy! Your Pokémon are ripped!")
Whew, great! Boy! You and your Pokémon are splendid! Wonderful! Can't get enough of 'em!
So, now...
We've warmed up both our bodies and souls, so... let's head into the Ferris wheel!
Come along, boy!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Man, that thing was way more hot and humid than I was expecting!
But I think gotten to know you a little better, boy! Y'know?!
I'm planning on loitering around and about for a while longer!
Whenever you feel like improving your understanding, don't be shy, come by and holler! Right! Okay, see you again, boy!

Hey, you came, boy! Summertime doesn't last! Enjoying it?
If you're not enjoying quite enough, how 'bout you and I make a summer memory on the Ferris wheel! [ Yes / No ]
[ No ]
What! I say what, boy! Kind of a downer, you are!
How could you forget the time we spent together? Eh?
Our summer together doesn't have to wait 'til next year! Y'know? I'll stick around, so I hope you change your mind!
[ Yes ]
Really! Oh, really! Boy! I think we're gonna make some big progress in our relationship here!
Well, first, in place of a greeting, let's charge into a Pokémon battle!
(Same as the first battle.)
Boy, your Pokémon sure are sturdy! They're fine, they are!
I believe there'll be a lot of growth and possibilities ahead of you, boy!
Well then, better get on with it...
Time for today's main dish! We're heading into the Ferris wheel!
Let's roll, boy! Come on!
(They get on.)
Ho ho... sure is humid... like a sauna, boy, I tell you what!
Ahhh, it's so hot... you're really sweatin', boy...
By the way... boy... you ever had a lover?
(They get off.)
Our shirts are soaked with sweat, but it tells the story of the time we passed, boy!
And with this, we've developed a deeper understanding!
Our summer vacation together will never end!
Well, see you again, boy!

All your visitors will want to go to a store which is already in your Avenue.
Oh and speaking of strange dialogues, some Hiker was really sweaty in the Ferrish Wheel too. He was clenched in sweat, and so was I. (the dialogue was quite a bit to 18+ for my liking)

The Japanese one is here: [/I]
holy crap that is extremely innapropiate, gay and disturbing, for a pokemon game

holy crap that is extremely innapropiate, gay and disturbing, for a pokemon game
1) It is indeed disturbing, but the problem here is hinting at pedophilia, not being "gay".

must be a coincidence, but Elesa visited my avenue today o.O. And yeah, what she said sounded perverted and lesbian
2) Again, not sure what the dialogue is since I haven't seen it to be able to judge if it's perverted or not, but being lesbian in itself is not wrong at all.

Learn to respect people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)