Accuracy: 100
PP: 20 (max 32)
Category: Physical
Type: Fighting
Effect: Hits 2-5 times.
Priority: 0
Flags: Contact. Punch based move.
Target: Any Adjacent Foe
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :Hitmonchan: :breloom: :ambipom::machamp::crabominable:
Justification: Arm Thrust is one of the worst multi hit moves in the game. This small BP buff, Punch flag (all of its dex descriptions call it a punch) and slightly wider distribution should help solidify the usefulness of the move. Edit: Melmetal is apparently really grrat already and will get better so I think it's best if we just keep more avoidable buffs to it lol.
Name: Counterspell
Power: 100
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 15
Category: Special
Type: Fairy
Effect: Uses the target's Special Attack stat in damage calculation. Fails if the user moves first, or if the opponent switches.
Priority: -1
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :chansey::blissey::milotic::umbreon: + assorted other Psychics and Fairies
Justification: Finally, special Foul Play. Fairy typing is perfect for this, since Fairy is such a good specially defensive type already. However, from what I understand, special moves are meant to be harder to deal with in exchange for being weaker, so I tweaked the effect a bit. I'd expect to see it a lot on spdef walls such as Chansey and Unaware Clefable.
MOVES: 1 NEW
Name:
Lightning Lance
Power: 110
PP: 10
Category:

Type:

Effect: The user attacks by charging with a lance of electricity extended from their body. Lowers the user's Attack and Special Defense one stage on successful hit. Thaws the user on successful use if Frozen.
Flags: Defrost, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :eelektross:, :electivire:, :escavalier:, :golem-alola:, :luxray:, :regieleki:, :zebstrika:.
(Pokémon that probably SHOULDN'T have this move: :melmetal:, :tapu-koko:, either :thundurus:, either :zapdos:, :zeraora:.)
Justification: As at least three people noted in Slate 1 before I guess there was a group agreement or something to only submit Circuit Breaker, there somewhat desperately needs to a better, more widely available physical Electric move than the anemic Wild Charge. So this is an attempt at that since neither Circuit Breaker nor the other two physical Electric attacks were resubmitted, and oddly no one else submitted a new one, which I was waiting for before posting just because I didn't want to be redundant since my other new move idea still needs work.

So, yeah, other than thanking Circuit Breaker for the inspiration since I originally was going to drop Speed or Special Attack (due to all the STAB Volt Switch), there's not much to say here. I figure that 110 BP is fair and most likely what Game Freak would do since Volt Tackle exists at 120 BP unless they pushed that up to 130 BP maybe. There's also the excuse of Electric pokemon being overall faster than Fighting pokemon, which Game Freak would similarly likely take into account despite though having access to STAB Mach Punch and more weakness predation; then again, even with all the Scald flying around, this move is another that just straight up OHKOs a lot of bulky Waters and a multitude of Flying types on the right mons and is 100% accurate unlike Power Whip and Stone Edge. It also seems fair to be lower in power now that this is non-Contact, meaning neither Iron Barbs nor Rocky Helmet bother you.

So, yeah, this seems fair enough--at least in theory--as is given 100% accuracy and given that it has enough differences from the exclusive Aura Wheel to comfortably exist, though it would be a bit funny if :morpeko: Morpeko got screwed over due to having Aura Wheel like how :zeraora: Zeraora shouldn't get this due to already having Plasma Fists (and too much Speed). Shrug. (Lightning Lance also thaws despite ice not conducting electricity well both because lightning gets really hot and because Freeze status is still really dumb.)
Name: Rototiller
Power: --
Accuracy: --
Category:

Type:

Effect: Boosts the Attack and Defense of all active grounded Grass-types by 1, including the user, and sets Grassy Terrain
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Snatch
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Old Distribution + :abomasnow::torterra::trevenant::sawsbuck::maractus::dubwool::comfey::heatmor:
Justification: Rototiller and Grassy Terrain are both horrible moves, though the former would at least be decent as a slightly worse Work Up if more than 2 Grass-types learned it. However, combining them makes them actually usable. Rototiller is now a Bulk Up for Grass-types, which is already great, especially when you're setting terrain at the same time, so your Grass-types moves are gonna murder things in the immediate future. Plus, this makes Grassy Terrain a lot easier to set, which Fire and Steel-type teammates will appreciate. We definitely want to be careful giving this to any Grass-types that learn Grassy Glide, and thus the only Grassy Glider's I've suggested are Abomasnow, Trevenant, Maractus, Comfey, and Dubwool
Name: Honey
Effect: Pokémon with the ability Honey Gather or Sweet Veil heal 12.5% of their HP at the end of every turn when holding this item
Can Be Knocked Off (Yes or No): Yes
Ignored by Klutz (Yes or No): Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 30
Justification: Kind of a meme, but 12.5% HP recovery is no joke, just ask Gliscor, so stuff like Alcremie, Tsareena, and Ribombee can enjoy way more longevity on top of their existing roles.
Name: Eviolith
Effect: If holder's species can evolve, it gets 1.5x Attack and Special Attack.
Can Be Knocked Off: Yes
Ignored by Klutz: Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 40
Justification: dont you wanna make Scyther a viable pokemon? or even, Raboot.
Name: Libero
Effect: Non-Stab moves gain 1.2x power
Permanent: No
Mold Breaker: No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Cinderace, Passimian, some other stuff, can't be bothered to look into it.
Justification: Cinderace is a pretty cool mon so I'm gonna try to get it unbanned while not straying too far from what it usually does. Libero is also just a protean clone so it feels fair to modify it to give it a different, less powerful niche that can be distributed more freely.
Name: Moody
Effect: This Pokémon's lowest stat is raised by 1 at the end of each turn.
Permanent (Yes or No): No
Mold Breaker (Yes or No): No
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Old Distribution + :spinda:
Justification: This version of Moody takes out the RNG aspect and because of how Beast Boost is coded, it only boosts 1 stat, making it way healthier, giving sucky Pokemon like Spinda, Octillery, and Bibarel a Speed Boost for any stat they want but with the caveat that the stat has to be low to begin with.
Name: Sticky Hold
Effect: Usual effects. Knock Off's power is no longer boosted against a Pokémon with Sticky Hold. Poltergeist now fails against a Pokémon with Sticky Hold.
Mold Breaker: Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current distribution + :tentacruel: :shuckle: :swampert: :garbodor: :reuniclus: :goodra:
Justification: Sticky Hold does what it's supposed to do better now. Makes for some good Knock Off absorbers while also no-selling the strongest physical Ghost move.
Name: Water Compaction
Effect: Current effects+grants the user a water immunity
Justification: This turns Palossand into an incredibly physical water counter. No way Urshifu-R beats this.
:ss/rotom::ss/rotom-fan::ss/rotom-frost::ss/rotom-heat::ss/rotom-mow::ss/rotom-wash:
Name: Rotom
Type: Unchanged
Abilities:
Base: Levitate / Unburden [HA]
Fan: Levitate / Speed Boost [HA]
Frost: Levitate / Refrigerate [HA]
Heat: Levitate / Flame Body [HA]
Mow: Levitate / Grassy Surge [HA]
Wash: Levitate / Water Absorb [HA]
New Moves: None
Removed Moves: None
Justification: Rotom & co. have hidden abilities now! Acts as a buff for some of the less used Rotom forms, although I'd have to say the biggest winners here are Fan and Mow. Here's an outline of the abilities added:
Base: gets unburden due to it being the only form unbound to an appliance. While still probably the weakest of all the forms, it might find a little niche in lower tiers running Throat Spray + Hyper Voice.
Fan: gets Speed Boost due to a fan taking time to reach its full speed once turned on. Definitely runs this over Levitate, and its combo of Speed Boost + Nasty Plot should help Fan jump out of untiered hell.
Frost: had to get Refrigerate, it just makes sense. Provides a more accurate Ice STAB in the form of Hyper Voice, although competitively Frost might still want to run Levitate anyways.
Heat: gets Flame Body for pure flavor. Touching an operating microwave oven will burn you. There was nothing Heat would want to run over Levitate anyways lmao.
Mow: gets Grassy Surge as the use of a Lawn Mower usually indicates a rather Grassy Environment. Could provide as a rather interesting contrast to the other two Grassy Surge mons, being the only Grassy Surge Special Attacker and far more oriented on support and pivoting compared to the other two.
Wash: uses water to clean its contents, hence refreshing Wash's HP via Water Absorb. While Levitate negates a weakness, Water Absorb's immunity provides Rotom some extra potential ways of healing, something which Wash could certainly use. A bit unsure of which Wash would prefer to run.
:sm/alakazam::sm/alakazam-mega:
Name: Alakazam
Type:

Abilities: No changes
New Moves: —
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
Justification: Alakazam-Mega is honestly such a cool mon and considering this little change is the only thing that made it broken, I don't see why we couldn't try to salvage it.
:sm/ampharos::sm/ampharos-mega:
Name: Ampharos & Mega Ampharos
Type:
->

Abilities: Static / Plus / Mold Breaker -> Fluffy
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Slack Off
Removed Moves: N/A
Justification: I was about to just give this Tail Glow and call it a day, but then I realized that Mega Ampharos has really good 90/105/110 bulk and an interesting defensive typing and that matches up well against many physical attackers like Kartana, Corviknight, Scizor, and Rillaboom. So, Fluffy plus some reliable recovery can make Mega Ampharos a great bulk pivot that is nowhere near passive with that massive 165 SpA stat and the newly added Draco Meteor, has utility in Volt Switch and Heal Bell, and can check numerous physical attackers more easily. Amphy still has to watch out for many common non-contact moves like EQ, Ice Beam, and Moonblast, so it's not unkillable, but it definitely gets a new lease on life.
:meganium:
Name: Meganium
Type: Grass
Abilities: Overgrow | Flower Veil (replacing Leaf Guard)
New Moves: Wish, Weather Ball, Body Press
Justification: Flower Veil gives Meganium good use of their role as a bulky cleric, or a physical set-up sweeper with Swords Dance without a worry of Intimidate, Burn and other Attack-reducing mechanics.

Because of the changes in this slate, Mega Alakazam, Moody, and Cinderace will be unbanned.

Now we'll start the second 24 hour Distribution/Discussion Phase. During this phase, you can discuss what mons should and shouldn't get the newly added moves and abilities. The council will use your feedback and create a final list. After that, the next submission phase will start immediately.

It's recommended that you use the Discord to discuss distribution (in #distribution-discussion), though you can use this thread as well. See you there!

Last edited:
Blergh. First insomnia and then oversleeping. ...I mean, congratulations to the (other) winners. Still (pretty sure) I can't use Discord given the long-lingering computer problems, so I'll post in here again. I'm not commenting on the two items or the adjusted mons beyond noting that I'll laugh if Alakazam-Mega ends up still broken even without Nasty Plot solely due to the change to Focus Blast, especially given the switches it will doubtless still force.

Slate 2 Move Distribution:
1. Arm Thrust: Weird that still so few mons learn this. Outside of Iron Fist mons that aren't :melmetal: Melmetal and a few Technician and Skill Link mons that aren't :scizor: Scizor, all of which G-Luke suggested already, I can't think of any mons that want this, at least that would actually use it. (Looks at Mr. Mime.) Maybe a Poison Touch mon or two like :toxicroak: Toxicroak and even :seismitoad: Seismitoad would use it though?

2. Counterspell: Easily the new move I'm secondmost worried about just due to Fairy type privileges and three of the suggested mons already being pretty good. That said, it's probably fine given its restrictions. Given the name, I assume that magic-related mons are a shoe-in, and given the type, I assume :sylveon: Sylveon will also get it. So all I can really suggest is like :grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl, :xatu: Xatu, maybe :wigglytuff: Wigglytuff (which needs all help it can get), and that we please keep it away from all of the Regenerator mons.

3. Lightning Lance: Still most worried about this one of those that won, but I thank everyone else for their faith in it. Beyond what I already suggested, looking at non-Electric mons now via egg groups, I could see :dusknoir: Dusknoir, :mimikyu: Mimikyu, :stunfisk-galar: Stunfisk-Galar, and maybe :gallade: Gallade at least also getting this. (Other possible, iffier mons include Banette, Lucario [probably can't due to its broken Mega though], and Perrserker.)

4. Rototiller: The only suggestions I have to add to Yoshiblaze's own list are :gogoat: Gogoat so it can finally use Grassy Pelt and, maybe for a laugh but also as the Fighting type who would arguably make the most sense, :machamp: Machamp (or, hell, for a real laugh, Hitmontop or, as a yoga pun given the Japanese name, Medicham). Otherwise, maybe :regirock: Regirock and :regigigas: Regigigas could get it too given their lore (and desperate need of help).

Slate 2 Ability Distribution:
5. Libero: Give this to almost all of the weaker monkey mons (except maybe Oranguru, who is an ape anyway) and maybe only :hitmontop: Hitmontop since Hitmonlee is already the best of those three?

6. Moody: Give this to :jigglypuff: Jigglypuff and :wigglytuff: Wigglytuff too in between the anime representation of the former and needing all the help they can get. Unsure what else could get it though. Maybe :malamar: Malamar as a consolation prize for losing out on Light Power?

7. Sticky Hold: The suggested list looks more than fine. I look forward to this ability finally being worth using now outside of being deadly afraid of Switcheroo/Trick. Only suggestion might be giving this to a Ghost mon too, but unfortunately nothing really fits since Trevenant already has three great abilities, the Gourgeist clan just got Light Power, and Palossand is always going to use Water Compaction given its winning buff...right? So maybe :dhelmise: Dhelmise even though that makes (Poltergeist) Dhelmise basically wall itself then, which seems unfun? Shrug.

8. Water Compaction: Nice to see Water Compaction becoming what it also should have been in the first place. If we're considering giving this to other mons, then I can actually see a few of the looser yet still solid Mineral mons getting it: :coalossal: Coalossal, :cryogonal: Cryogonal (not that there's any saving that Defense), :garbodor: Garbodor, and :vanilluxe: Vanilluxe. The only fully "solid"/organic mon I could otherwise see giving it to at all based on its narrow flavor is :mudsdale: Mudsdale, but that steps on Stamina quite a bit even if it doesn't outright obviate it, so...shrug again.

Look forward to Slate 3 (...and a fully functional computer some time in the distant future).

This Distribution Phase has ended!

Results:
Arm Thrust: Old Distribution + Ambipom, Breloom, Grapploct, Sawk, Infernape, Scrafty, Hitmonchan, Crabominable, Machamp, Conkeldurr, Melmetal, Pangoro, Ledian, Toxicroak, Muk-Alola

Counterspell: All Psychic-types, All Fairy-types, Chansey, Umbreon, Milotic, Amoonguss, Mismagius, Braixen, Murkrow, Ninetales, Lumineon, Volbeat, Solrock, Pachirisu, Watchog, Gigalith, Gourgeist

Lightning Lance: Zekrom, Electivire, Alolem, Luxray, Thundurus, Eelektross, Zeraora, Pincurchin, Arctozolt, Dracozolt, Regieleki, Zebstrika, Togedemaru, Toxtricity, Morpeko, Zapdos, Raichu, Raikou, Xurkitree, Marowak, Marowak-A, Rhydon, Rhyperior, Goldeen line, Manectric, Terrakion, Virizion, Cobalion, Keldeo, Sirfetch'd, Gallade, Celesteela, Escavalier, Zacian

Rototiller: Old Distribution + Trevenant, Exeggcute line, Landorus, Tornadus, Thundurus, Ferrothorn, Calyrex, Dhelmise, Leafeon, Meganium, Torterra, Dubwool, Sawsbuck, Comfey, Maractus, Abomasnow, Scolipede, Regigigas, Simisage, Simisear, Simipour, Sirfetch'd
Sticky Hold: Old Distribution + Garbodor (Replaces Weak Armor), Duosion (Replaces Overcoat), Reuniclus (Replaces Overcoat), Deoxys, Umbreon (Replaces Inner Focus), Milcery line, Mantine (Replaces Water Veil), Jellicent (Replaces Cursed Body), Melmetal

Moody: Old Distribution + Mesprit, Steenee (Replaces Oblivious), Dartrix (Replaces Long Reach), Decidueye (Replaces Long Reach), Malamar (Replaces Infiltrator), Hypno (Replaces Inner Focus), Spinda (Replaces Own Tempo)

Libero: Old Distribution + Passimian, Electrode (Replaces Soundproof), Dubwool (Replaces Steadfast), Jumpluff (Replaces Leaf Guard), Lucario (Replaces Steadfast), Wigglytuff (Replaces Frisk), Electivire (Replaces Vital Spirit), Eevee (Replaces Anticipation), Plusle, Minun

Water Compaction: Old Distribution + Baltoy line, Cacnea line, Lileep line, Stunfisk (Replaces Limber), Phanpy line

Thank you to everyone who discussed distribution on Discord and in the post above this one!

With that done, submissions for Slate 3 are now open!

Also expect a discussion post from me sometime after all this is live (which should be VERY soon)

Name: Vacuum Up
Category: Status
Type: Ground
Effect: Clears all entry hazards and terrains from the field. Restores 1/8th of the user's HP for each effect cleared in this way.
Flags: Heal, Snatch
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :dugtrio: :dugtrio-alola: :muk-alola: :swalot: :claydol: :dusclops: :dusknoir: :garbodor: :palossand: :golisopod: :guzzlord:
Justification: Viable hazard removal combined with a useful HP-restoring effect. Probably better than Defog, but (likely) more limited in distribution.

Name: Mountain Tackle
Accuracy: 95%
Type: Rock
Effect: Works like Jump Kick, inflicting half the user's HP in crash damage if it misses.
Flags: Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :golem: :golem-alola: :rhydon: :tyranitar: :aggron: :camerupt: :regirock: :torterra: :rampardos: :rhyperior: :emboar: :gigalith: :bouffalant: :barbaracle: :tyrantrum: :stakataka: :coalossal: :stonjourner: - NOT :terrakion:
Justification: A more accurate alternative to Stone Edge, but with a pretty nasty side-effect so that Stone Edge isn't 100% rendered irrelevant. Rhyperior, Emboar, and Bouffalant all benefit from being able to use this with Reckless, while Barbaracle would have fun with Tough Claws.

Name: Escape Root
Power: 60
PP: 20
Effect: Switches the user out after use.
Flags: Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :tangela: :meganium: :sunflora: :celebi: :cradily: :roserade: :tangrowth: :lilligant: :maractus: :shiinotic:
Justification: Grass-type pivoting! Meganium appreciates this with its most recent buff, Tangela and Tangrowth can use it in conjuction with Regenerator, ditto Celebi with Natural Cure, and Roserade can do either Natural Cure or Technician for a 90 BP STAB pivoting move.

Name: Trash Talk
Power: 85
Type: Poison
Effect: Afflicts the target with a one-turn Taunt.
Flags: Mirror, Protect, Sound
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :muk-alola: :gengar: :weezing: :weezing-galar: :slowking-galar: :swalot: :chatot: :toxicroak: :garbodor: :toxtricity:
Justification: An offensive option that helps stallbreak and disrupt. Toxtricity also gets another new STAB to use with Punk Rock.
Name: Itchy Pollen
Effect: When held by a Bug- or Grass-type, restores 1/16th of their max HP at the end of each turn. When held by any other type, the holder is paralyzed.
Fling Power & Effect: 30, none
Justification: A new Black Sludge alternative which simultaneously acts as the missing Toxic Orb / Flame Orb equivalent. Very few Bug and Grass-types have Guts or similar Abilities (Heracross is the only one that comes to mind), so there's not much opportunity cost.

Name: Safety Policy
Effect: If the holder is affected by entry hazards upon switching in, its Defense and Sp. Def sharply rise, and the item is consumed.
Fling Power & Effect: 80, none
Justification: An alternative to Heavy-Duty Boots. Only works once, but can make certain Pokémon very difficult to break. Pokémon with Simple in particular can triple their defenses just by switching in while hazards are up, granting Pokémon like Bibarel and Swoobat an actual chance to set up in a higher-tier environment.

Name: Glutton Charm
Effect: When held by Cramorant, immediately transforms into either Gulping or Gorging form upon switching in, depending on its remaining HP.
Can Be Knocked Off: No
Ignored by Klutz: No
Fling Power & Effect: 30, none
Justification: Cramorant is fun. This lets it be better at its gimmick. Balanced Hackmons can attest to how strong free Gulp Missile can be - the main difference here is that a. you can't run it with Heavy-Duty Boots b. you need to be at below 50% HP for the significantly more irritating Gorging form.

Name: Vial of Spikes
Effect: If this item would be removed by Knock Off, it is instead consumed, and a layer of Spikes is set up around the opponent's team.
Can Be Knocked Off: No, technically
Ignored by Klutz: No
Fling Power & Effect: 60, sets a layer of Spikes
Justification: Knock Off punishment! Useful on suicide leads to potentially get another free layer of Spikes up before dying. Note that since it's an item and not a move, these Spikes would NOT be reflected by Magic Bounce. Maybe has a niche with Fling? I doubt it, since Boomerang is probably better, but hey.
Name: Last Laugh
Effect: When this Pokémon is KOed, the attack that KOed it loses all PP.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :gengar: :mightyena: :sableye: :banette: :weavile: :grimmsnarl:
Justification: Grudge is a cool move, but unfortunately there's almost no reason to run it compared to Destiny Bond. Now, taking out any of these Pokémon with a direct attack is a risky proposition, since you run the risk of losing a key component of your movepool.

Name: Regal Presence
Effect: Opposing Pokémon do not receive STAB on their attacks.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :nidoqueen: :nidoking: :seaking: :slowking: :kingdra: :wailord: :empoleon: :vespiquen: :serperior: :pyroar: :tsareena:
Justification: A more defensive Ability that makes eating neutrally-effective attacks much easier. Tsareena and Vespiquen really appreciate having more opportunities to switch in, while Empoleon takes advantage of this Ability with its amazing defensive profile to be much harder to break (and Empoleon doesn't have a real Ability already).

Name: High-Strung
Effect: If the opponent has any positive stat changes when this Pokémon switches in, this Pokémon's Speed stat sharply rises.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :parasect: :dodrio: :marowak: :typhlosion: :exploud: :absol: :luxray: :golisopod: :arctovish:
Justification: A powerful revenge-killing tool relegated mostly to weaker Pokémon. Typhlosion, Marowak, and Exploud love having the opportunity to get a free Speed boost for their powerful attacks, while Arctovish finally has an actual niche that might save it from being the worst of the Galar fossils. Absol can use it to boost its Speed before Mega Evolving, Parasect could maybe use it to Spore something before they can move, and Golisopod just appreciates having something that isn't Emergency Exit.

Name: Snow Cloak / Sand Veil
Effect: Reduces direct damage taken by this Pokémon by 25% during hail / sandstorm.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current distribution
Justification: Pretty simple: evasion tactics suck. Now Snow Cloak and Sand Veil can see use that isn't strictly uncompetitive.
:sm/cofagrigus:
Name: Cofagrigus
Type: Ghost / Steel
Abilities: Mummy / Sticky Hold
New Moves: Strength Sap (or Reconstruct, if Strength Sap is too strong), Spikes
Justification: All of these will be defensive options. Cofagrigus is a pretty easy starting point - a better defensive typing in Ghost / Steel that grants it several key resistances and makes it easier to ruin people using Mummy, a new option in Sticky Hold to proof it against Knock Off and Poltergeist, reliable recovery in Strength Sap so it doesn't need to use Rest, and additional utility in Spikes so it has something to do while it forces switches.

:sm/lycanroc-midnight:
Name: Lycanroc-Midnight
Type: Rock
Abilities: Keen Eye / Fur Coat / No Guard (Hidden)
New Moves: Moonlight, Super Fang
Justification: Poor Midnight Lycanroc, not really all that bulky while losing the Speed that makes its counterparts worth using. Well, not anymore. Fur Coat sends its middling physical defense through the roof, making it capable of shrugging off even super-effective physical hits and phazing with Roar. Moonlight lets it keep its HP up, while Super Fang gives it a damaging option for Rock-resistant Pokémon. Just keep it away from Lumineon...

:sm/milotic:
Name: Milotic
Type: Water / Dragon
Abilities: Marvel Scale / Competitive / Misty Surge (Hidden)
New Moves: Draco Meteor, Calm Mind, Glare
Justification: That's right, a Dragon-type Misty Surge user! Milotic has a few things that set it apart from Tapu Fini - it doesn't fear Grass or Electric-type coverage moves, it has reliable recovery, and its new access to Glare lets it paralyze enemies after Misty Surge wears off. It benefits from Misty Surge reducing its weakness to Dragon-type moves, and while it also weakens its own STAB, who cares? You're not using anything besides Scald anyways. Calm Mind just helps it be a little more evenly matched, since Tapu Fini still has Taunt, Moonblast, and better physical bulk. It may not be better than Tapu Fini, but it might just work as a sidegrade.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
We started on some wack shit huh

Name: Iron Fist
Effect: This Pokémon's Punching moves are boosted by 25% and ignore the effects of moves making contact.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability:
No new additions so far.

I didn't want to do a flat 1.5 Iron Fist boost. It not only felt uncreative but made a lot of Pokémon cracked unnecessarily in the process. So I decided to instead only give it a very small increase, but also grant it a very useful side effect in dodging contact procs. This is huge, as Iron Barbs, Flame Body and Rocky Helmet are a pain in alot of Pokémon's side, and Iron Fist allowing you to avoid these greatly raises the validity of this ability.

Name: Forewarn
Effect: Reveals the first two moveslots of the opposing Pokémon on switch in.
No new additions so far.

Forewarn in it's current status is bad. Now, new Forewarn goes hard. It essentially makes you a much better scout for the opposing team. Ofc course this can be countered, some Pokémon can have wildly different sets and still have two moves in common, but it still gives you useful information to work with.

Name: Frisk
Effect: Initial Effects + If the item is consumable, the Frisker will trigger the effects for themselves.
No new additions so far.

Frisk is also a niche ability, but still better than Forewarn. So I decided this small buff makes it go a long way to making it much better.

Name: Gorilla Tactics
Effect: Boosts the Attack of the user by 1.5, but locks the user into the last move they selected. Disables any Choice Items while active.
Monkeys? With the nerf I doubt anything sans Darm can use it to it's full effect.

Darmanitan-Galar has always been a great wallbreaker, but stacking choice items has always pushed it past breaking point. Now without that impediment, GDarm (and potentially more Apes?) are alot more balanced.
:ss/steelix-mega:
-Sand Force, +Bulletproof

Mega Steelix gaining Bulletproof finally allows it to get the leg up on MAggron, thanks to being able to absorb the newly buffed Focus Blast, and being able to swap into several threatening Ghost types, making it an all around much more consistent Psychic type check than MAggron is, while MAggron still usurps it as a raw tank.

:ss/feraligatr:
Water/Dark
+Sucker Punch, +Scale Shot, +Pursuit

Feraligatr gains a juicy part Dark typing, and establishes it's role as a Pursuit trapper, finally lifting it out of the echleons of viability and into the limelight.
Name: Light Ball [Already Exists]
Effect: Has a different effect depending on what "Pikaclone" holds it.
If :Pikachu:,:raichu: or :raichu-alola: holds it, ATK and SPA are doubled.
If :Plusle: holds it, SPA and SPD are doubled.
If :Minun: holds it, SPD and SPE are doubled.
If :pachirisu: holds it, DEF and SPD are doubled.
If :emolga: holds it, DEF and SPE are doubled.
If :dedenne: holds it, DEF and SPA are doubled.
If :togedemaru: holds it, ATK and DEF are doubled.
If :morpeko: holds it, ATK and SPD are doubled.
Fling Power & Effect: 30 BP, Paralyzes
Justification: Light Ball being limited to the Pikachu line kinda sucked, so I thought it would be cool if the other Pikachu clones got it. But I thought, if all of the forms get doubled attacking stats, it would be hard for them all to compete with each other. So each form gets a different stat boost! Some like Pachirisu get a sizable bulk boost, while a Togedemaru gets a defense boost while also gaining a massive power increase.

Name: Coal Engine
Effect: If Stealth Rock is on the field, damage is ignored, and the user's highest stat is raised by 1. The item is then consumed.
Fling Power & Effect: 60 BP
Justification: The power to one time ignore Stealth Rock and instead gain a boost from it is a very potent option for hazard weak set up sweeper, particularly flying types.

Last edited:

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
more stuff later but my big bump of inactivity should be over now

Name: Conversion
Power: ---
Accuracy: ---
PP: 30 (48 max)
Type: Normal
Effect: Charges on turn 1. On turn 2, the user's stats all rise by 1 stage and the user's type is changed to match its first move.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): None
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Mechanical, robotic, or otherwise manmade Pokemon. Examples include Metagross, Genesect, Silvally etc.
Justification: I like Z-Conversion, and the move was worthless otherwise, so why not make it better and give it to more than just PZ? Omniboosting is always great, and it'll be especially nice for some Pokemon here to shed a bad offensive type for something more suitable. Genesect could really use the boost in Ubers as well.

:sm/gengar::gastly::haunter:
Name: Gengar (+ Gastly and Haunter)
Type: unchanged
Abilities: Merciless added as HA for the whole family
New Moves: Poison Gas for the whole family bc Aquatic said so
Removed Moves: unchanged
Justification: It's Gengar but now you kill poisoned stuff immediately. If you've seen Torgeist in Restrictions then this is just that, but instead with Focus Blast and no rocks weakness. There's still a fat Regen Poison-type in this meta that this may end up hating depending on what set it has though which is kinda funny. Haunter will probably appreciate this as well in the lower tiers.

Name: Enchanted Punch
Power: 80
PP: 10 [Max 16]
Category:

Type:

Effect: This attack targets the opponent's Special Defense stat instead of Defense
Flags: Punch, Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :tapu-bulu::tapu-koko::clefable::wigglytuff::hatterene::mr-mime::grimmsnarl::golurk::ledian::infernape::trevenant:
Justification: We literally have one non-signature fairy physical attack in the game. Enchanted Punch intends to add some variety to the physical fairy move selection, both in its effects and flags. Bulu also finally has a physical fairy STAB lmao.

Name: Deafening Shriek
Power: 130
PP: 5 [Max 8]
Category:

Type:

Effect: Upon successfully hitting the target, the target will receive become Deafened, making them immune to Sound-based moves until they switch out
Flags: Authentic, Sound, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :mismagius::froslass::primarina:
Justification: Stolen from my submission in Two-Step mons, Deafening Shriek is based off of a banshee’s wail. A powerful nuking tool for special ghosts, having literally the highest bp of any ghost-type attack. However this strength holds a drawback: if the opponent does survive this move, then this move is useless against them in the future.
Distribute this to loud ghosts and maybe loud birds?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Narcolepsy
Effect: While this Pokémon is active, opposing Pokémon are treated as if they have the comatose ability. Pokémon that are either affected by Sweet Veil, or have Insomnia or Vital Spirit as their abilities are immune this effect.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :musharna::noctowl::hypno::stantler::komala::shiinotic:
Justification: Finally, viable Dream Eater! Not too much to elaborate on here. The opponent cannot gain status and can attack while asleep, while in exchange they can be targeted by the likes of Dream Eater and Nightmare.

Name: Illuminate
Effect: While is Pokémon is active, pivoting moves have their switch-out function disabled.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Mons already with this ability,:lumineon::vikavolt::chandelure::lampent::litwick::ampharos::umbreon:
Justification: How shameful of me, stealing inspiration from M4A! Illuminate actually does something now, denying pivot moves of their switch-out utility. Give this to mons who are associated with light in the dark or have flavor of luring Pokémon in.

Name: Overclock
Effect: Attacks that drop the user's stats (ie. Overheat, Leaf Storm, Superpower) have their damage boosted by 30%.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :zebstrika:| :stoutland::crabominable::golurk:
Justification: Designed specifically with Zebstrika in mind, but still could find some further distribution. Helps certain breakers who rely on these stat-dropping moves to gain an extra edge in simply hitting harder. Zebstrika is my only "real" suggestion for this ability's distribution, however this ability can also go on mons who rely a decent bit of stat-dropping attacks, as well as mechanically-based mons. The ones I provided in potential Pokémon fit within either of these categories. If this wins I imagine people will have more ideas for distribution than what I have listed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Blunder Policy [Already Exists]
Effect: If the user’s move fails (same as the Stomping Tantrum Triggers), then this item is consumed and the user’s Speed is raised by 2 stages.
Fling Power & Effect: 80 BP
Justification: Blunder Policy has an interesting idea, but unfortunately having to miss to trigger it is a bit too situational and unreliable of a strategy. So, this rework makes Blunder Policy have a far broader trigger, giving it a bit more versatility, being able to proc off of the likes of flinching or hitting an immunity.
As long as this keeps getting support, I'll keep subbing it.

:ss/florges:
Name: Florges
Type:

Abilities: Flower Veil / Cotton Down / Symbiosis [HA]
New Moves: Earth Power, Flip Turn, Healing Wish, Misty Explosion, Terrain Pulse, Decorate
Justification: Florges is quite literally the definition of a mon whose potential is held back by its movepool and abilities. Cotton Down, while not the best ability, has some synergy with Florges’ traditional roles of a Wall and Cleric. Access to Flip Turn also supports a Cleric role. The much more potent addition is definitely Earth Power, which allows Florges to provide much more offensive pressure, providing some much needed coverage, threatening typical fairy threats such as Poison Steel and Fire types.

:ss/Armaldo:
Name: Armaldo
Type:

Abilities: Multiscale / Dry Skin [HA]
Ability changes apply for both Armaldo and its prevo, Anorith.

New Moves: Rain Dance, Skitter Smack, Lunge, Scale Shot
Justification: Armaldo is a classic example of a Rapid Spinner whose fallen behind in viability. So, here is my attempt for helping provide Armaldo with some more tools to utilize in its spinning role. One of Armaldo’s biggest problems was that it’s poor speed and type combo made it really easy to snipe with a supereffective attack. So, it’s two new abilities act to provide Armaldo with more defensive tools. These two new abilities are intended to draw parallels to Armaldo's old abilities, with Multiscale to Battle Armor and Dry Skin to Swift Swim. Dry Skin aims helps alleviate one of Armaldo’s most prominent weaknesses, while Multiscale is here as well for broader usage, allowing Armaldo to more effectively take a hit before spinning. As for some of the new moves, Armaldo’s gets access to both of Bug’s stat-dropping attacks, helping boost its overall defensive potential, and Scale Shot is also there because it could be funny for stacking even more speed boosts.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
Moves

Name: Crush Claw
Power: 20
PP: 32
Category:

Type:

Effect: Hits twice. Lowers the target's Def after each hit.
Flags Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :absol::drapion::guzzlord::zarude::totodile::croconaw::feraligatr::scizor::metagross::zapdos-galar::hatterene::meowth-galar::perrserker::meowth::persian::meowth-alola::persian-alola::vikavolt::crabrawler::crabominable::golisopod::necrozma::zeraora::binacle::barbaracle::clawitzer::trevenant::yveltal:
Justification: One of the coolest moves from CCAPM2021 recreated here. This is a very usefull wallbreaking tool that lets its users greatly pressure switch-ins. Notably, Weavile already learns this move and gets STAB on it. other than that the only potential high-tier user I can see (with the vanilla distribution) is Blaziken.

Name: Life Dew
Accuracy: ---
PP: 16
Category:

Type:

Effect: Heals user by 1/2 max HP; 2/3 in Rain. In Doubles, heals user and ally by 1/4 each; 1/3 in Rain.
Flags: Healing
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :indeedee::indeedee-f::comfey::eldegoss::seel::dewgong::meganium::wailmer::wailord::phione::panpour::simipour::misdreavus::mismagius::hoopa::morelull::shiinotic::munna::musharna:
Justification: Major buff, maybe some stuff with it might need to have it removed from them. Notable users that previously lacked better healing include :blastoise::gardevoir::goodra::hatterene::jirachi::primarina:

Name: Rapid Spin
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :alcremie::meloetta::totodile::croconaw::feraligatr::sandile::krokorok::krookodile::incineroar::graveler::golem::graveler-alola::golem-alola::melmetal::voltorb::electrode::kirlia::gardevoir::gallade::wooloo::dubwool::klink::klang::klinklang::whirlipede::scolipede::sandaconda::poipole::naganadel:
Justification: Simple redistribution without really changing anything about the move. This aims to make some mons more viable overall; Hazard Removal will always have competition but hopefully these have a chance of doing their thing (A few of these is for flavour). Notable ones here include :krookodile::gallade::meloetta-pirouette::melmetal:

Items

Name: Relic Charm / Chill Pill / Graduation Scale
Effects:
Relic Charm turns :meloetta: into :meloetta-pirouette: and boosts
moves used by it by 1.2x.

Chill Pill turns :darmanitan:/:darmanitan-galar: into :darmanitan-zen:/:darmanitan-galar-zen: and boosts
/
moves used by them by 1.2x. If held by :darmanitan-zen:, will summon Psychic Terrain on switch-in, while when held by :darmanitan-galar-zen:, will summon Hail on switch-in.

Graduation Scale turns :wishiwashi: into :wishiwashi-school: and boosts
moves used by it by 1.2x. If held by :wishiwashi-school:, lowes adjecent foes' Attack by one stage on switch-in.

Can Be Knocked Off: No, when held by their respective users. Otherwise, Yes.
Ignored by Klutz: No, when held by their respective users. Otherwise, Yes.
Fling Power & Effect: 40 BP, respectively with the effects of: Lowering Sp Attack / Inflicting Yawn / Lowering Attack

Justification: Honestly the alternate form items were some of Sylve's best items and I'd be interested in seeing them return (Slightly adjusted, mostly to make coding easier since there's no actual ability changing now, and also making it so :darmanitan-galar-zen: can't inherit Gorilla Tactics). Pirouetta is a genuinely really solid mon and Wishiwashi is still very usable with this. Darm isn't as lucky, but was still decent in lower tiers so take it as a cool bonus.

Abilities

Name: Prickly Coat
Effect: If hit by a contact move, sets a layer of Spikes on the opponent's side of the field. If user is a Poison type, or if the move that hit it was Poison, sets a layer of Toxic Spikes instead
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :sandslash::qwilfish::cacnea::cacturne::maractus::poipole::naganadel::corsola-galar::cursola:Note: final distrib could be smaller than these, these are just suggestions
Justification: Interesting ability that allows for hazard stacking via U-Turn punishing. It is pretty strong of an effect though so would have to be kept to mons in lower tiers.

Name: Echolocation
Effect: After hitting the target with a Sound move, user's attacks will be guaranteed hits on that target.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :noibat::noivern::hakamo-o::kommo-o::whismur::loudred::exploud::zubat::golbat::crobat::roggenrola::boldore::kricketot::kricketune::wailmer::wailord::chatot::yanma::yanmega:
Justification: Admitedly sorta niche, but I think :kommo-o: can slot it in sometimes with either Clangorous soulblaze sets making use of it or Clanging Scales making Focus Blast more accurate. As for lower tiers, :yanmega: gets some mileage out of Bug Buzz and Hypnosis.

Adjustments
:sm/sliggoo::sm/goodra:
Type:

Abilities: Sticky Hold / Hydration / Gooey
New Moves: Corrosive Gas, Recover?
Justification: Simple buff that goes miles. Dragon/Poison is a very good defensive typing and they have the fatness to back it up. Not much else to say here really.

:ss/oshawott::ss/dewott::ss/samurott:
Type:
:oshawott:

:dewott::samurott:

Abilities: Torrent / No Guard
New Moves:
:oshawott: Secret Sword, First Impression, Triple Axel
:dewott: Secret Sword, First Impression, Triple Axel, Brick Break, Close Combat
:samurott: Secret Sword, First Impression, Triple Axel, Brick Break, Close Combat, Shell Smash, Drill Run, Lightning Lance
Justification: BIG Set-Up mon. Does some funny damage but Pex still hard walls Special sets and the slowtwins still prove an issue to it.

:sm/hatterene:
Abilities: Tough Claws / Anticipation / Magic Bounce
New Moves: Sucker Punch, Knock Off, First Impression, Superpower, Grass Knot, Throat Chop, Curse
Justification: Doesn't really boost its special sets much, but allows for some mix ups. Tough Claws Draining Kiss does sound pretty interesting, and it gets First Impression and Sucker Punch for utility. Physical sets actually hit slightly harder with TC Play Rough than Special with Dazzling Gleam. Lastly, Curse is really interesting for physical TR sets.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Name: Hateful Screech
Power: 150
Accuracy: 90%
PP: 5
Type: Dark
Effect: User takes 50% recoil damage upon successful hit.
Flags: Sound
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Deliberately limited; :spiritomb::grimmsnarl::liepard::honchkrow::mismagius:
Justification: A stronger but riskier Dark Pulse, symbolizing how spiteful a Dark-type could get before it could backfire on them. This serves as a potent special wallbreaking move that can bypass Substitute and be combined with Throat Spray at cost of important amount of HP.

Name: Seed Bomb
PP: 15 (24)
Effect: Damage calculation is done through the target’s Special Defense instead of Defense.
Flags: None
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Not much expansion needed (:octillery: can make use of it; NOT:rillaboom:!)
Justification: Gives Seed Bomb an use over Wood Hammer and Leaf Blade. It also allows physical Grass Pokémon to hit through physically bulky opponents.

Name: Constrict
Power: — (Set damage)
PP: 35 (56)
Effect: Set damage based of the target’s Speed, which is the following: (Target’s current Speed) / 2. After a successful hit, the target’s Speed is lowered by 1 stage.
Flags: None
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :venusaur::grapploct::zarude::victreebel::meganium::carnivine::serperior::comfey::florges:
Justification: A Speed control that also heavily punishes Pokémon with accelerated Speed, especially Speed Boost users. It also serves for a damaging tool for Jelliscent, Shuckle and Cradily to get around their passiveness.
Name: Prepped Up
Effect: On switch-in, the user’s Special Defense is raised by 1 stage.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :seviper::falinks::octillery::dustox::duraludon:
Justification: This helps Pokémon with low Special Defense to tank special hits better without relying on Assault Vest (though it do stack with this item), or in Dustox’s case, become a lot specially bulkier for a supposed wall.

Name: Determined
Effect: If this Pokémon gets hit by a physical or special move and runs out of HP, it will use their move before immediately fainting. Recover and other moves that only heal user’s HP will fail to work. Moves like Drain Punch and Giga Drain will only deal damage. (Immediately fainting means fainting right after using their move a la Explosion / Memento, to prevent unfair victory.)
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :gardevoir::gallade-mega::hitmonchan::rampardos::typhlosion:
Justification: This serves as a last-ditch sweep-stopper or revenge killer at a cost of getting your user faints, especially by stuff with boosted Speed.
Name: Terror Mask
Effect: If the holder is about to be attacked by Knock Off, Encore or Torment, the move fails and the user of these move will have Speed reduced by 1 stage.
Can Be Knocked Off: No (due to effect)
Fling Power & Effect: 50, -2 Speed and -2 Evasion
Justification: There are many item submissions made to counter the way-too-ubiquitous Knock Off, so here’s this one. It’s more or less made for defensive Pokémon that can tank a Knock Off nicely.
:ss/falinks:
Name: Falinks
Type: Fighting / Steel
Abilities: Battle Armor | Defiant
New Moves: Iron Head, Smart Strike, Steel Beam, Magnet Bomb, Flash Cannon, all Gen 7 Universal TMs
Justification: Carryover from Sylvemons. Again, why wasn’t Falinks a Fighting / Steel Pokémon despite wearing solid, mineral and metallic armor? Steel Beam was just an obligation due to it’s added Steel-typing.

Last edited:

Voden

formerly megaspoopy000
:sm/muk: :sm/muk-alola:
Name: Muk // Alolan Muk
Type: Poison // Poison/Dark
Abilities: Regenerator / Sticky Hold / Poison Touch (HA) // Poison Touch / Regenerator / Power of Alchemy (HA)
New Moves: Recover (both), Toxic Spikes (Alolan Muk only).
Removed Moves: Knock Off.
Justification: Its always felt a little weird to me that this massive chunk of slime didnt get regenerator or recover, bc i think that if you were to hit this bitch, you'd only take a chunk out of them, so i think if given time, they should be able to build themselves back up so this just fits em. removed k-off to balance em out lol
Name: Tremor
Power: 110
Accuracy: 85
Effect: 30% chance to confuse the target(s).
Flags: Pulse, Authentic, Mirror
Potential Pokémon With This Move: All ground and rock types who learn earthquake, all sheer force mons, except :Toucannon: and :Braviary:.
Justification: an alternative to earthquake that isnt completely overshadowed:D also a great option for Sheer Force users, and especially to make physical SF nidoking more viable.

Name: Needle Arm
Effect: If this attack lands successfully, sets a layer of Spikes on the target's side of the field.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): whatever it is already
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current users + :roserade:
Justification: Should be balanced thanks to its already limited distribution.

Name: Residual Static
PP: 25
Type: Electric
Effect: Entry hazard. Up to two layers. At two layers, paralyzes Pokemon on switch-in. Ground-types and Pokemon with the ability Volt Absorb or Lightning Rod are immune; Electric-types absorb. Airborne Pokemon are affected (which also means airborne Electrics can absorb).
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Mirror
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :regieleki::rotom::thundurus::zapdos: :electivire::manectric::jolteon::galvantula::ampharos::electrode::pincurchin::raichu::stunfisk:
Justification: Attempt at a balanced but interesting entry hazard. Toxic Spikes for paralysis would be absolutely busted, so I made it take two layers to have an effect. However, one layer is still a major danger to the opponent, since the second layer could go up at any time, making it easy to bait Defog.

Name: Metal Claw
Power: 90
Accuracy: 95
Type: Steel
Effect: 30% chance to lower the opponent's defense one stage.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current users + :absol::barbaracle::drapion::entei::flygon::gallade::guzzlord::haxorus::incineroar::mightyena::salamence::talonflame::zoroark:
Justification: Metal Claw is totally useless in base, since even when Technician-boosted, it's still worse than Iron Head. So instead, I made it into a better Iron Head with less distribution, in order to give some physical Steels a better STAB move, as well as providing nice coverage for Fairies on various other mons (current distribution might need to be looked at, considering stuff like Weavile and Garchomp get it).

Name: Chi Bullet
Power: 70
Type: Psychic
Effect: Sets Focus Energy on the user before dealing damage.
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Bullet, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: :absol::alakazam::azelf::ariados::blastoise::blaziken::calyrex::clawitzer::cobalion::drapion::fearow::gallade::grumpig::hariyama::inteleon::keldeo::kingdra::lucario::machamp::medicham::meloetta::mesprit::mewtwo::mienshao::octillery::slowbro-galar::swampert::terrakion::unfezant::urshifu: both forms:uxie::virizion::wigglytuff:
(notable users: :absol-mega::gallade-mega::kingdra::medicham-mega::meloetta-pirouette::urshifu-rapid-strike:)

Justification: Finally, a good physical Psychic move. Focus Energy giving a 50% crit chance to every move gives Chi Bullet an effective ~90 BP, along with boosting all of the user's other moves. Additionally, provides an alternative to Focus Energy for Sniper mons, while also providing nice coverage. Also, in tandem with Scope Lens, Super Luck, or any move with a boosted crit rate, crits become guaranteed.
Name: Concussion
Effect: While this Pokemon is active, opposing Pokemon cannot use their items.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :bewear::buzzwole::krookodile::pangoro::scrafty::terrakion:
Justification: A classic FELT ability. Disabling boots is great for dissuading threats such as Cinderace, and for keeping various defoggers from getting rid of stacked hazards. Plus, disabling Leftovers is great for wallbreaking, and avoiding Rocky Helmet chip is always great on physical attackers.

Name: Super Luck
Effect: This Pokemon always uses the maximum possible roll on damage rolls from attacks it makes, and attacks against it use the lowest possible rolls.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Current users
Justification: Possibly uncodeable, but would be sick.
Name: Choice Scope
Effect: The holder's crit rate is raised two stages, but it can only select the first move it uses.
Fling Power & Effect: 10, guaranteed crit.
Justification: Realized there actually was a way to make another usable choice item. Much more niche than the other choice items, but Wicked Blow Honchkrow is hilarious.
:sm/houndoom::sm/houndoom-mega:
Name: Houndoom & Mega Houndoom
Type: Dark / Fire -> Dark / Fire
Abilities: Early Bird / Flash Fire / Solar Power -> Sheer Force
New Moves: Fiery Wrath
Justification: The whole 'give the mega ability to the base mon and give the mega a new one' concept that Yoshiblaze pulled with Ampharos also works with Houndoom, so thanks for that lol. Fiery Wrath makes a lot of sense for Houndoom to have, and gives it a slightly stronger STAB, which it can use in combination with Solar Power on Sun teams to hit even harder with Nasty Plot sets without needing to use a Mega slot. Meanwhile, Mega Houndoom gets Sheer Force, which finally gives it a niche over Zard-Y, as with the addition of Fiery Wrath, NP sets deal absolutely bonkers damage at +2. Of course, it's still fairly frail and rocks-weak, so setup opportunities are somewhat limited, but the raw power Sheer Force adds makes it well worth the risk. Also, flavor-wise Houdoom are known for being very brutal, particularly Mega Houndoom as it's contantly in pain from its own heat (plus, it's not gonna have time for secondary effects if it's constantly feeling the pain of its own body melting).
:swsh/accelgor:
Name: Accelgor
Type: Bug / Water
Abilities: Skill Link / Sticky Hold / Unburden
New Moves: Hydro Pump, Rock Blast, Pin Missile, Psychic
Removed Moves:
Justification: Shell Smash was stupid, so I've reworked things a bit. Skill Link turns Accelgor into a powerful anti-offense tool. STAB Water Shuriken is an amazing revenge-killing tool, but Skill Link sets are forced to run mixed, which severely nerfs their offensive prowess. Can also attempt Sticky Hold or Unburden sets, with new offensive tools in Hydro Pump and Psychic allowing it to break important targets much easier. Overall, could be a cool addition to the meta.
:swsh/typhlosion:
Name: Typhlosion
Type: Fire / Ground
Abilities: Blaze / Flash Fire
New Moves: Earth Power, Scorching Sands
Removed Moves:
Justification: Typhlosion already gets a ton of Ground moves, and it's based off of a shrew, so adding a Ground typing makes sense. The additional STAB lets it runs Specs more comfortably by removing its Rock weakness, and Earth Power provides nice coverage for some of its counters, particularly Heatran.

Last edited:
Pokémon

Name: Carnivine
Abilities: Levitate / Strong Jaw (hidden ability)
New Moves:
Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Fire Fang, Poison Fang
Justification: Carnivine have bad stats, bad ability and bad movepool, so, give this poor boy some way to defend himself.

Name: Empoleon
Type: Water-Steel
Abilities: Torrent / Rain Dish
New Moves:
Roost, Flip Turn
Justification: Just giving what should be rightfully yours in BDSP and making you more viable as a stealth rock user.

Name: Camerupt- Mega
Type: Fire-Ground
Ability: Sheer Force Desolate Land
New Moves:
None
Justification: Camerupt-Mega is a literal erupting volcano. Have you ever tried to splash water on a volcano?

Name: Pheromosa
Type: Bug-Fighting
Abilities: Beast Boost Justified / Inner Focus
New Moves:
None
Removed Moves: Quiver Dance
Justification: Removing its snowball ability and its only means of settup, we can have pheromosa in OU! Despite the severe nerf, she still has a scaring 137 atk/spa and 151 speed, being naturally faster than most meta and seeking her place as a great offensive pivot.

Abilities
Name:
Warrior Soul
Effect: When this Pokémon reaches 1/3 of hp, increases attack by 3 and accuracy by 2. Block and apply the effect of Perish Song on the user.
Potential Pokémon with this ability:
Hitmonlee, Bewear, Sawk
Justification: Perfect ability to clean in late game. It's also risky if the opponent has something like unaware or prankster Will-o-Wisp. Stopping the Pokémon from switching is a way of not making the ability too dumb.

Name: Flame Touch (Poison Touch clone)
Effect: This Pokémon's contact moves have a 10% chance of burning.
Potential Pokémon with this ability:
Infernape, Emboar, Marowak-Alola
Justification: The initial idea was to be an infernape signature ability, but I ended up distributing a little bit.

Last edited:
Name: Team Swarm
Power: 30
PP: 10 (16)
Type: Bug
Effect: Hits one time for every non-fainted bug-type in the user's party.
Z-Move Effect: 180
Flags Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Pokemon with Swarm, some other pokemon that live in swarms
Justification: Most of the time, you want very little type overlap, but this is an interesting one. In exchange for needing type overlap, it deals massive damage.

Name: Psych Break
Accuracy: ---%
PP: 20 (32)
Effect: Raises the user's Att, Def, & Spe by 1.
Z-Move Effect: Resets user's lowered stats
Flags Snatch
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Psychic type pokemon. Very careful distribution because this is a powerful move
Justification: A powerful move balanced out by a weaker type.

Name: Ambush
Type: Dark
Effect: If the target switches out when this move is used, it deals 1.3x damage.
Z-Move Effect: 160
Flags Contact, Mirror, Protect
Potential Pokémon With This Move: idk, sneaky pokemon
Justification: Stronger than knock off, but with less utility.

Name: Gorilla Tactics
Effect: Original Effects + Disables holder's held item.
Permanent No
Mold Breaker Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :darmanitan-galar:, maybe other monkes
Justification: Gorilla Tactics nerf drops Garm down to OU (unless Garm is OU in NatDex but I checked & it looked like it wasn't (If it is OU, please tell me))

Name: Full Force
Effect: This pokemon's attacks deal 1.5x damage if the target is at max hp.
Permanent No
Mold Breaker Yes
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: Stronk mons (think sheer force kind of distribution)
Justification: This was done as a sub for a FE. I don't remember which one or who did it, but I'm not going to go look. Credits to whoever that was. Sounded like a good idea so.

Name: Room Extender
Effect: If this pokemon summons a room, it lasts for 8 turns instead of 5. Single Use.
Can Be Knocked Off Yes
Ignored by Klutz Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 60
Justification: Not broken room extender.

Name: Null Stone
Effect: Disables the holder's ability.
Can Be Knocked Off Yes
Ignored by Klutz No
Fling Power & Effect: 100
Justification: Allows Regigigas, Slaking, & Archeops to be usable.

Name: Foulness Policy
Effect: When hit by a Dark-type move, it deals 25% less damage and raises the holder's SpA by 1. Single Use.
Can Be Knocked Off No
Ignored by Klutz Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 80
Justification: Shoutouts to Monothreat Rebalanced.

A bunch of resubs for now. Might add some new ones later.

Name: Fissure
BP: 130
PP: 5 (8)
Effect: Lowers the user’s Attack by 2 stages
Z-Move: 195 BP
Niche: Strong nuke that works well with Choice Band users.
Potential Pokemon With This Move: Same distribution + other heavy Pokemon

Name: Sheer Cold
Type: Ice
Effect: Lowers the user’s Special Attack by 2 stages
Z-Move: 195
Niche: Ice-types get a strong one-time nuke.
Potential Pokemon with this move: Same + mostly other Ice-types

Name: Guillotine
Z-Move: 195 BP
Flags: Makes contact
Potential Pokemon with this move: Pokemon with blades or something similar

Name: Horn Drill
Z-move: 195 BP
Flags: Makes contact
Distribution: Pokemon with drills/potentially horns

Move: Baton Pass
Effect: Switches the user out. Does not pass anything, is the same as Drypassing
Justification: Pretty much just Teleport with 0 priority. Nothing is passed to the new Pokemon being sent in because everyone hates Baton Pass chains.

Ability: Slow Start
Effect: Halves Speed on switch-in for five turns. NOTE: Only halves speed. After five full turns have passed, this ability no longer activates even when the user is switched out and back in.
Justification: This change should give Regigigas a reason to stay in during the first five turns as a Trick Room attacker. The ability no longer activating after five full turns is to prevent Trick Room from consistently having synergy with this ability.

Yoshiblaze Can the OHKO moves count as one sub, or are they still four?

Last edited:
:swsh/dunsparce:
Name: Dunsparce [adjustments]
Type: Ground / Fairy
Abilities: Serene Grace / Run Away / Pixilate
New Moves: Taunt
Justification: Dunsparce has awful stats, there's no changing that. However, due to it being one of my favorite mons, I'll try to give it a fun niche in the lower tiers anyway. Major changes are that it has an infinitely better typing in Ground/Fairy, and has gained Pixilate, which gives it a nice Fairy STAB in combination with Body Slam. Taunt is also here to give it some additional utility.

:swsh/mismagius:
Name: Mismagius [adjustments]
Type: Ghost / Fairy
Abilities: Levitate / Corrosion
New Moves: Moonblast, Parting Shot, Toxic Spikes, Venoshock
Justification: Mismagius is a traditionally unremarkable pokemon that nonetheless has many of the ingredients of either a powerful wallbreaker or a potent offensive pivot. Here, its typing is greatly improved and it gains unique utility in Corrosion. Parting Shot allows it to pivot more effectively.

:swsh/sigilyph:
Name: Sigilyph [adjustments]
Type: Fairy / Flying
Abilities: Magic Guard / Tinted Lens / Wonder Skin
New Moves: Taunt, Teleport
Justification: Psychic / Flying is an awful typing, but Sigilyph is a cool pokemon. Magic Guard and Calm Mind ensure that, as long as it has a better typing, it functions perfectly well as a setup mon.

Last edited:

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Name: Coaching
Effect: Current effects, but delayed by 1 turn. (ala Future Sight, so the boost applies at the end on the turn on the Pokemon that is currently active).
Justification: Allows Pokemon like Buzzwole to pass boosts to dangerous abusers like Landorus or Garchomp.

Name: Skitter Smack
Effect: Instead of the current effects, causes the user and opponent to switch out to random teammates.
Priority: -6
Justification: Funny momentum reset!

Name: Steel Roller
Effect: If there is a Terrain active, this attack's damage is multiplied by 1.5x and clears the terrain.
Flags Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Current users
Justification: Steel roller is now a consistent, albeit low PP, Steel attack that punishes tapus.

Name: Misty Explosion
Power: 200
Type: Fairy
Effect: KOes the user. Sets Misty Terrain after use.
Flags Spread
Justification: Actual damage now, plus it sets the terrain rather than becoming (barely) powerful under it.

more to come

Name: Submission
PP: 20
Category:

Type:

Effect: User takes 1/4 of the damage dealt in recoil
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Contact
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Old Distribution + :leafeon::floatzel::luxray::mienshao::staraptor::rampardos::aerodactyl::necrozma::bagon::emboar::toxicroak::kingler::thundurus::azelf::grimmsnarl:
Justification: Submission was the original Fighting coverage move that everything got before Brick Break, Drain Punch, and Superpower (And CC in Gen 8 lmao). The problem with Submission and the reason why they kept making more widespread Fighting moves is probably because Submission is a really bad move. By making it a Gen 1 Double-Edge clone instead, it makes it an actually worthy Fighting-coverage move for some mons, namely Megazard X, Mega Aerodactyl, Toxicroak, Leafeon, Excadrill, Reckless Staraptor, Emboar, and Necrozma.

Name: Synchronoise
Power: 70
Category:

Type:

Effect: Deals double damage if the target shares one of the user's types. Ignores immunities
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Sound
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Old Distribution + :infernape::clawitzer::toxtricity::malamar::walrein::simipour::simisage::roserade:
Justification: Synchronoise lets Psychic-types hit Dark-types for neutral damage because of the extra little stipulation is has that allows Umbreon to actually use it, making it a nice option in the event that you don't want to run another offensive move to make room for 3 status moves or you have no coverage for Dark-types. Otherwise, it's a fine Punk Rock-boosted coverage move for Toxtricity and gives coverage against Pex for Waters and Roserade.

Name: Detect
Category:

Type:

Effect: Protects the user from all moves this turn. If the opponent hits this Pokémon with a contact move, the attacker's Speed goes down by 1 stage. Has a chance to fail on successive uses
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): N/A
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Old Distribution + :articuno-galar::ninjask::octillery::sawk::throh::breloom::zeraora:
Justification: I don't understand why this move exists, it's literally Protect with half the PP, and its only purpose it to avoid Imprison in doubles, which is extremely niche and neither Imprison nor Double battles existed when Detect was created. So, this little buff gives it a purpose as you get all the benefits of Protect + a potential Speed drop on the opponent that can help the user revenge kill stuff. Speed Boosters and Moody users in particular can get the jump on faster foes more quickly and mid-speed wallbreakers like Mega Medicham can use it to threaten a normally faster check with a KO, though it does come at the cost of a moveslot

Name: Mud Shot
Power: 75
Category:

Type:

Effect: Lowers the opponent's Speed by 1 stage
Flags (ex: Contact, Sound): Protect, Mirror, Pulse, Bullet
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Old Distribution + :clawitzer::frosmoth:
Justification: I ran out of ideas, so I used a random number generator to give me a move to edit and got Mud Shot. Mud Shot's distribution is really interesting, being more widespread than Earth Power, especially among Water and Bug-types, which can make it an interesting Ground coverage move for types that typically don't have that. Water-types like Inteleon, Clawitzer, and Milotic love being able to hit Pex with it, Vikavolt appreciates a move to hit Steel-types harder than TBolt can, Goodra gets a special move that hits Heatran harder than Surf, and slower mons appreciate the Speed control it gives, which can make it tought to switch into.
Name: Implode
Effect: When this Pokémon faints, all hazards from the user's side of the field are removed.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :electrode::golem::blacephalon:, Suicide leads, Very frail mons
Justification: Housekeeping is a hazard removing ability that deserves to stay in the past, but Impode here is a much more healthy version of that evil ability. Removing all hazards for free is still a powerful tool, but having to lose a mon for it and only being able to do it once, assuming you don't have multiple Pokémon with the ability, is a huge tradeoff for it, so it's best used late in the game or alongside Pokémon that require hazard support to work, like Shedinja, boots-less Volcarona, or Specs Charizard on a Sun team. Implode can also serve as a deterrent for knocking out a Pokémon at a certain time, which gives stuff like Golem or Blacephalon more time to dent the opponent's team

Name: Neuroforce
Effect: This Pokémon's super effective moves deal 1.25x damage
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::necrozma::azelf::stantler::metagross::nihilego::typhlosion::gallade-mega::rhyperior::rapidash-galar:
Justification: Maybe don't give this to Mega Lucario like I tried to last time, but Neuroforce is honestly too cool (and too basic) of an ability to be locked to Ultra Necrozma, so a lot of offensive mons with nothing better would appreciate it, and rewarding good play is nice.

Name: Long Reach
Effect: This Pokémon's moves no longer make contact and its moves with the "Distance" flag have 1.2x power.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::centiskorch::exeggutor-alola::noivern::zarude::zapdos-galar::thundurus-therian::furret::escavalier::barraskewda:
Justification: We did just get rid of Long Reach's one user (except Rowlet lol), so giving it a slight buff to give a few moves some more power on top of its original useful effect seems fair. Zapdos-G can use it to great effect, forgoing Defiant for Lando, but in return getting nuclear Brave Birds and not having to worry about Rocky Helmet Slowbros or Landos, meanwhile stuff like Barraskewda, Noivern, and Zarude love it so they don't get chipped when they pivot out.

Name: Heatproof
Effect: This Pokémon is immune to Fire-type moves and burns deal half damage to it
Potential Pokémon With This Ability::bronzor::bronzong::rolycoly::duraludon::ludicolo::toucannon:
Justification: Game Freak wanted Bronzong to play mindgames with the opponent by giving it abilities that neutralized the two weaknesses it had at the time, but not making Heatproof an immunity ability completely ruined that dynamic when you could always just Fire Blast it and gauge the damage. Now, Bronzong actually has a reason to run it if it wants to check Cinderace or something, and other mons appreciate not having to deal with Will-O-Wisp or Fire moves in general
:sm/sawk:
Name: Sawk
Type:

Abilities: Sturdy / Magic Guard / Mold Breaker
New Moves: Mach Punch, High Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, U-Turn, Sucker Punch
Justification: One of my favorite things in any Pet Mod is Hoenn Gaiden Hitmonlee, which has Magic Guard, so I figured I would try to recreate it here. However, Hitmonlee's stats aren't quite the best so it likely wouldn't see any use when it's getting OHKO'd by Weavile's Ice Shards. Instead, Sawk's more balanced stat distribution lends itself to possible viability more. Recoiless Life Orb-boosted moves off of 125 Attack are gonna hit crazy hard, it has Rapid Spin to be a hazard immune hazard remover and can use it to boost its middling Speed, has Mach Punch and Sucker Punch to snipe faster checks, Counter for Sash shenanigans a la Alakazam, and U-Turn for pivoting without worrying about hazards or contact punishing effects. However, Sawk's stats will still hold it back a bit because it's decently frail and it outspeeds by a ton of things that it can't Mach or Sucker Punch through, so it's not and easy mon to use by any means.

:sm/mantine:
Name: Mantine
Type:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Water Absorb / Sticky Hold
New Moves: Toxic Thread, Energy Ball, Flip Turn
Justification: Now that it has Sticky Hold which gives it unknockable Boots to do hazard removing stuff with, Mantine feels like it could almost be good, but it still needs a little nudge. Namely, it still competes a ton with Toxapex, Tapu Fini, Slowking, and the newly-viable Tentacruel as Specially Defensive Waters, so hopefully these few changes make it more desirable. Toxic Thread (which makes sense because it learns String Shot fsr) is a straight upgrade to Toxic that's more consistent and gives Mantine a measure of speed control, which other Waters lack unless you run TWave Slowking for some reason. Energy Ball gives Mantine a better offensive matchup against the offensive Waters it's supposed to check, namely Greninja, Lumineon, and Manaphy, while also hitting Fini for a little chip. Lastly, Flip Turn lets Mantine keep up momentum, since sending out Mantine does kinda stop your momentum dead, which can be especially dangerous after a Toxic Thread speed drop. With all of this, Mantine won't be the best bulky Water in the tier or anything, but it'll certainly have a niche.

:sm/kangaskhan::sm/kangaskhan-mega:
Name: Kangaskhan & Mega Kangaskhan
Type:
->

Abilities: Early Bird / Scrappy / Inner Focus -> Parental Bond
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: Seismic Toss, Power-Up Punch
Justification: SylveMons resub, but Mega Kangaskhan is a cool concept ruined by 1 move and it was cool in SylveMons, so I'd like to have it around again, especially since we only nerfed it during the last slate of SylveMons, so it hardly had any time to shine

:sm/centiskorch:
Name: Centiskorch
Type:

Abilities: Flash Fire / Intimidate / Sticky Hold
New Moves: Scale Shot, Recover, Sucker Punch, First Impression, U-Turn, Earthquake, Toxic, Rapid Spin
Justification: It just occurred to me that Centiskorch is a Bug-type with an exclamation point as a point of its design but it doesn't learn First Impression, for some ungodly reason? So, I fixed that, but this is still a ZU mon, so I should probably give it other things if people are actually gonna use it in a NatDex OU metagame. First, Recover, your choice of Sticky Hold or Intimidate (Sticky Hold's probably better, its bulk is pretty okay as is), Toxic, Rapid Spin, and U-Turn give it a ton more defensive utility, with Fire/Bug being a pretty decent typing defensively once you get past the Rocks weakness (it's why bulky Volcarona works, after all), letting Centiskorch check the likes of Scizor, Weavile, Heatran (thanks to EQ), Mega Lopunny, Rilalboom, Ferrothorn, Clefable, and Mega Mawile, among others. First Impression gives offensive sets a great priority move, and Scale Shot, EQ and Sucker Punch make Coil sets a bit more threatening. Probably not gonna rule the world or anything, but I think Centiskorch becomes usable with these changes.

Last edited:
:ss/muk_alola:
Name: Power of Alchemy
Effect: This Pokemon copies the Ability of another Pokemon that it attacks and KOes.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :alcremie: Alcremie, :mismagius:Mismagius, :spiritomb:Spiritomb, :gothitelle:Gothitelle,:aromatisse:Aromatisse, :slowking_galar:Galarian Slowking
Justification: Downgraded Trace may not seem interesting at first, but this does have a few fun applications. By defeating enemy :slowbro: Slowbro or :slowking: Slowking, especially with Pursuit, :muk_alola:Alolan Muk can gain Regenerator, which helps it regain HP. It can even take Natural Cure from foe :blissey:Blissey which removes Paralysis inflicted by Thunder Wave. As for the Potential Pokemon, they either use Power of Alchemy similar to Muk with Pursuit trapping, such as Spiritomb, or in a more offensive fashion, such as Calm Mind Alcremie (although it probably prefers Aroma Veil).

:ss/passimian:
Name: Receiver
Effect: This Pokemon steals the boosts of another Pokemon that it attacks and KOes.
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :hitmonlee: Hitmonlee, :hitmontop: Hitmontop, :weavile: Weavile, :mienshao: Mienshao, :boltund:Boltund
Justification: Welcome to revenge-killing central! While :passimian: Passimian itself lacks good Speed or priority moves, it can still run a Choice Scarf set. This can stop setup sweepers that don't boost Speed, and begin a reverse sweep in the right conditions. The Potential Pokemon, meanwhile, have a combination of great Speed stats and priority moves, ranging from Sucker Punch to even Ice Shard.
:sm/sceptile_mega:
Name: Mega Sceptile
Type:

Abilities: Technician
Justification: Cool mixed attacker. On the physical side, we have Scale Shot, Bullet Seed, Aerial Ace, Bulldoze, Rock Tomb, and Assurance. On the special, there's Dragon Breath and Hidden Power. The stats are already perfect for a mixed set, using HP as coverage and Swords Dance to set up. Revenge killing the lizard is hard thanks to the fact that it 4x resists both :greninja_ash: Ash Greninja's Water Shuriken and also :rillaboom: Rillaboom's Grassy Glide, although the latter can probably nab a KO if Scale Shot has reduced Sceptile's Defense enough. However, while HP Fire 2HKOs Rocky Helmet :corviknight: Corviknight over half the time and +2 Scale Shot OHKOs :zapdos: Zapdos if it hits 4 times, Mega Sceptile struggles to break through a lot of common Pokemon such as :heatran: Heatran or :landorus_therian: Lando T, and is revenge killed by Ice Shard :weavile: Weavile. Overall, this is a really neat change that puts the Hoenn Megas on par with the Kanto Megas, having 2 of them in OU and 1 in Ubers.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Ability: Power of Alchemy
Effect: All the user's available abilities are active at once. Cannot be removed.
Permanent: Depends on the components
Mold Breaker: Depends on the components
Potential Recipients: :alcremie::hatterene::mismagius::slowking-galar:(:weezing:? :magneton::magnemite:? :melmetal:?)
Description: Give some underwhelming mons more viability by giving them FE-esque abilities.

Ability: Cheek Pouch
Effect: When this Pokemon consumes a Berry, they gain Leftovers.
Permanent: Yes
Potential Recipients: idk
Description: Good berry ability yay!!!!! Makes sure berry users aren't itemless after using their berry, getting them out of the HP threshold required to use their berry.
---
Name: Brass Knuckles
Effect: Contact moves have x1.5 power and Steel-type effectiveness added on.
Fling Power & Effect: 60
Justification: I buffed the power boost since Steel offensive typing is ass.
---
:ss/musharna:
Pokemon: Musharna
Type:
--->

Abilities: Forewarn / Synchronize / Telepathy ---> Forewarn / Synchronize / Magic Guard
Movepool: +Heat Wave, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Overheat, Flame Charge, Sunny Day, Incinerate, Ember, Fire Spin, Flare Blitz, Will-o-Wisp, Focus Blast, Teleport
Description: Big Magic Guard. Meant as a blanket Psychic check, resisting Psychic plus most coverage Psychic-types like to run (Fighting, Fire). Also has a lot of offensive presence, with large Special Attack and decent dual STABs and CM. lmk if this needs more coverage/utility

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
:sm/spectrier: :sm/calyrex-shadow:
Name: Spectrier / Calyrex-Shadow
Type:

Abilities:
:Spectrier: Grim Neigh / Cursed Body
:Calyrex-shadow: As One / Cursed Body
New Moves:
:Spectrier::Calyrex-shadow: Extrasensory, Thunderbolt, Thunder
Removed Moves:
:Spectrier::Calyrex-shadow: Nasty Plot, Taunt
:Spectrier: Calm Mind
Justification: To fit with counterpart Glastrier. Removed set-up move to hopefully make Spectrier bearable in OU.
Name: Power Herb
Effect: Old effect + Holder's move that require a recharge turn don't require one. Single use.
Fling Power & Effect: Same as before
Justification: This way, some of the powerful nuke moves ala Giga Impact/Hyper Beam will have a way to be used.

Name: Blue Herb
Effect: Uses topsy-turvy on ther user when one stat stage is less than 0. Single use.
Fling Power & Effect: Same as White Herb
Justification: Basically a one time contrary. Enables cool set up options like Hammer Arm for speed or Overheat used as a NP clone.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
:sm/Celesteela:
Name: Celesteela
Type: Steel/Flying
Abilities: Beast Boost (Grassy Surge)
New Moves: Parting Shot
Justification: A simple ability addition gives Celesteela a solid niche as a terrain abuser based on Steel Roller, giving it a solid nuke option, it also comes with Parting Shot to keep momentum after its job is done to ease the match-up of what you send afterwards, and Stomping Tantrum also lets it abuse the disruption of its terrain by hitting the opponent with 150BP coverage.

:sm/Kyurem-Black:
Name: Kyurem-Black
Type: Dragon/Ice
Abilities: Teravolt
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance, Icicle Spear
Justification: Removing what blatantly made Kyurem-B broken in this generation is a simple change to bring it back to OU, acting as a solid mon with scary damage output that at the same time is locked into boots and easier to beat than what it may look like.

:sm/Tapu Bulu:
Name: Tapu Bulu
Type: Grass/Fairy
Abilities: Grassy Surge (Telepathy)
New Moves: Grassy Glide
Justification: Grassy Glide is a simple addition that allows Bulu to be usable in NDOU and not be entirely outclassed by Rillaboom. Bulu exchanges pivoting and Knock Off for higher raw power and more defensive utility, while Rilla retains more momentum and utility.

:sm/Breloom:
Name: Breloom
Type: Grass/Fighting
Abilities: Poison Heal / Effect Spore (Technician)
New Moves: Power Whip, Close Combat, Hammer Arm, Storm Throw, Strength Sap, Fake Out, Rototiller, U-Turn
Justification: Breloom has fallen from viability lately out of being lacking in every aspect, its offensive presence became mediocre as Grass/Fighting became more of a joke with :Toxapex:, :Sableye-Mega:, :Gengar:, :Tangrowth:, :Zapdos:, :Gliscor:, :Latias-Mega:, :Tornadus-Therian:, :Latios-Mega: and :Tapu_Koko: being around, and with mediocre bulk, typing and speed tier countless mons could just OHKO it on the spot, and even with that aside :Amoonguss:, :Ferrothorn:, :Venusaur-Mega:, :Rillaboom: and even current :Tapu_Bulu: do its job better, the former can consistently Spore mons out of proper bulk and Regen to keep momentum, Ferrothorn and M-Venusaur have an actual defensive presence and don't just die to about any neutral hit, while the latter two can spam Grass STAB with immediate offensive presence and aren't as easy to force out (especially Rilla removing its niche as a bulky Grass priority sweeper, also lol :Scizor-Mega:). SubSeed is also outclassed by :Serperior: out of its higher offensive presence as well.

Now, how do these buffs raise it from NDRUBL to NDOU? Well, the answer relies on significant additions. Technician sets now have splashable priority in Fake Out, and have immediate consistent firepower with Storm Throw being effectively a 135BP Fighting STAB with the ability (Breloom recently got Arm Thrust here, so it also has a stronger but a bit more inconsistent option for those that desire it). Poison Heal can also make the most of semi-reliable recovery in Strength Sap that also allows Breloom to check physical attackers like :Landorus-Therian: (lol no Z-Fly here), :Tyranitar: (:Tyranitar-Mega:), :Excadrill:, :Zeraora:, :Swampert-Mega:, :Gyarados-Mega: and :Gliscor:, and Rototiller complements Breloom in general to raise its offense, bulk and longevity, especially PHeal sets with 18% HP recovery per turn, bringing back the viability of its classic SubSeed sets, while Technician sets get notably harder to wall out of a notably stronger Bullet Seed.
Power Whip and Close Combat are also appreciated additions for Breloom, as this way PHeal sets aren't restricted into only having Facade as a spammable mean of offensive pressure, Hammer Arm also remains as a slightly weaker alternative that keeps Breloom's bulk long-term, and U-Turn allows Breloom to preserve momentum against the counterplay it lures with some prediction, allowing Breloom to gain momentum with allies that benefit from this, such as :Weavile:, :Kyurem:, :Heatran:, :Tyranitar: and :Rotom-Wash:.

Name: Fear Shifter
Effect: While active, all stat changes performed only raise or decrease Atk accordingly of the respective target
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Masquerain:, :Orbeetle:, :Gligar:, :Eelektross:, :Huntail:, :Obstagoon:, :Mandibuzz:, :Volbeat:
Justification: Not only this ability disrupts special setup sweepers into raising their Atk instead of their SpA, it also has some funny interactions, such as turning Defog and Sticky Web into lowering Atk, Shell Smash raising user's Atk by 4 (6 with a White Herb) stages, Parting Shot lowering the Atk of the opponent by 2, and so on. Overall it's a funny ability to twist some strategies while also raising the viability of certain mons.

Name: Bedbugs
Effect: User's Bug type moves have +1 priority, but Ground types are immune
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Forretress:, :Parasect:, :Kricketune:, :Ariados:, :Araquanid:, :Centiskorch:, :Shuckle:, :Durant:
Justification: Bug type moves are well known for being the worst coverage-wise out of being resisted by nearly half of the type chart, so I thought a buff in this way would be a nice anti-offense tool that raises the viability of several mons that struggle on being usable. Cases like Shuckle instead abuse the consistent utility HO teams appreciate in priority Sticky Web.

Name: Compressed Friction
Effect: User's Rock type moves become Fire type and are boosted by x1.8
Potential Pokémon With This Ability: :Klinklang:, :Grumpig:, :Lycanroc:, :Diancie:, :Donphan:, :Ampharos:, :Hitmontop:
Justification: The mons have coverage issues for the most part, so allowing them to have solid Fire (enhanced) pseudo-STAB is a nice way to raise their viability. Lycanroc and Diancie, however, sacrifice their own Rock STAB for a Fire one, which is still a fair trade given that Fire/Fairy is quite solid offensively for Diancie, and Lycanroc gets Fire-type priority in Accelerock.

Name: Adrenaline Orb
Effect: If the attacking move the user is using can inflict damage on the user, it is supressed (a la Magic Guard) and boosted by x1.3
Consumable: Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 30 BP, no additional effect
Justification: Being able to use moves such as Head Smash or Steel Beam with no recoil to worry about as a pseudo-Z-Move is a nice addition to the meta to have a decent one-time nuke to overwhelm a check with proper prediction, while also raising viability on Acrobatics. Species that notably benefit from this item include :Blacephalon:, :Archeops: , :Lucario:, :Staraptor: (lol Reckless) and :Hawlucha: (lol High Jump Kick and Unburden).

Last edited:

Mossy Sandwich

Gunning for the top
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UUPL Champion
Note: Is paired with Meditate
Name: Deep Breath
PP: 20 (Max 32)
Effect: Increases Defense and Special Attack by 1 stage.
Flags: Nah
Potential Pokémon With This Move: A lot
Justification: A lot of special attackers also have their special defense as their highest defensive stat which makes Calm Mind a bit less optimal. This is a sidegrade in theory, but in practice, it buffs a few bulky setup sweepers quite nicely. I would avoid giving it to Clef though and maybe also Blissey, those both seem very annoying with it.

Note: Is paired with Deep Breath
Name: Meditate
PP: 20 (Max 32)
Effect: Increases Attack and Special Defense by 1 stage.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Usual distribution+could be cool on some low spdef physical attackers
Justification: Same as Deep Breath, physical attackers tend to have higher physical defense. In this case though, the mons that already have the move have either equal or higher spdef, meaning mons like Hitmonlee would still run Bulk Up anyway if they wanted a setup move. Regardless, it's a slight buff to like Electivire too which is nice. The new distrib would probably be the better users of the move though.

Name: Typhoon
PP: 15 (Max 24)
Type: Flying
Effect: Has 1.5x power if used by a water type.
Potential Pokémon With This Move: Flying and Water types. NOT Greninja
Justification: A strong coverage flying option for Waters which can be nice on stuff like Keldeo in OU and maybe stuff like Inteleon or Primarina in lower tiers. It also acts as an actually accurate flying stab, though it is a bit weak. Not having your torn-t miss can be very nice though. Oh and also Mantine becomes a wallbreaker which is funny.

Name: Soul Blade
Effect: The holder's moves deal 1.1x damage. For each KO the holder has gotten during this match, the boost increases by another .2. When the holder gets a kill, the item declares itself with "[Pokemon]'s Soul Blade grew in strength!"
Fling Power & Effect: 100
Justification: The item initially gives a negligible boost, but if you can stack a few kills on it, the pokemon holding it can start snowballing out of control. After a kill, it's on par with Life Orb, after two, it's like a choice item and over three, you're probably winning the game because it just becomes very insane. Securing kills can be a bit difficult though, so it works better on strong sweepers like Blaziken or revenge-killers/pursuit trappers that dislike Life Orb chip, notably Bisharp or Weavile.

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
:ss/lucario::ss/lucario-mega:
Name: Lucario
Abilities: Iron Fist / Inner Focus / Justified
New Move: Fire Punch
Mega Ability: Mega Launcher
The mega is built as a special attacker that Plots up and then uses Aura Sphere + Flash Cannon + Dark Pulse to break through teams, though it can also sub in any other coverage it feels like (Terrain Pulse with Koko support seems fire) or go physical as a lure. Meanwhile, base is built as more of a UU pick, with the much-deserved Iron Fist buffing up its STABs and much of its physical coverage.

:ss/accelgor::ss/escavalier:(come as a pair)
Name: Accelgor
Typing:

Abilities: Dry Skin / Sticky Hold / Unburden
New Moves: Astonish, Confuse Ray, Flamethrower, Hex, Shadow Ball, Surf, Taunt
Accelgor is already a viable suicide lead, but I'm taking it up a notch with Taunt to shut down opposing setters and Dry Skin to protect it from the most common of the few mons that can prevent it from getting at least one Spike up, Scarf Urshifu-R. The other (non-flavour) moves and Ghost-typing are there for the sake of making the funny Throat Spray set stronger in low tiers.
Name: Escavalier
Abilities: Swarm / Shell Armor / Stamina
New Moves: Body Press, Earthquake, Gyro Ball, Leech Life
We can't have a Sylve mod without Escavalier being crazy, now can we? Stamina is an incredible ability and helps it stand out from the many other Steels in OU, Reconstruct and Leech Life give it options to keep its HP up, Gyro Ball provides a consistently high damage output at its speed tier, and EQ and Lightning Lance are some fun additions to its already-excellent coverage. It should just be a generally strong mon now.

Ability Name: Inflation
Effect: Stats this Pokemon has boosted can not be reduced in any way as long as it remains on the field. (Mold Breakerable, not Permanent)
Potential Pokemon with this Ability: :wigglytuff::drifblim::qwilfish::phione::floatzel::toxicroak::weezing:
This is mostly just a way to make Wigglytuff beat Pex by protecting it from Haze, and while I don't think it's great on any other mons I can come up with that suit it besides maybe Toxicroak in lower tiers, it has a lot of potential for modified mons down the line, especially when it comes to avoiding the drop from stat-lowering moves. Should be funny.

Item Name: Heavy-Duty Boots
New Effect: Only protects against a single layer of hazard. The priority is as follows: If a damaging hazard is up, it will protect against the one that would deal the most damage. Otherwise, it prioritizes TSpikes over Sticky Web.
I’m tired of seeing boots on every mon. Even with this nerf, they’re still a good item, especially on Flying-types and other Rock-weak mons, but they’re not as valuable on mons that just want to keep pivoting in and out. Should also help to make hazard stacking and Webs viable again.

Last edited:
:sm/delibird:
Name: Delibird
Type: Ice / Fairy
Abilities: Hustle / Magic Guard / Insomnia (HA)
New Moves: Moonblast, Play Rough, Air Slash, Hurricane, U-Turn, Milk Drink, Aura Sphere
Removed Moves: none!
Justification: this definetly won't make it viable, but its fun. a magic guard mon with recovery, defog and pivoting. along with a usable type.

now, for something that will actually make things viable.
Name: Light Ball
Effect: if holder is Pikachu, Minun, Plusle, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne, Togedemaru, Morpeko, Raichu or Alolan Raichu, its Attack and Special Attack are 2x.
Fling Power & Effect: 30 bp, paralyzes.
Justification: yet another sylve resub. makes most pikaclones, Pachirisu SPECIALLY, viable. including the raichus, alolan raichu could be scary with surge surfer and rising voltage though.

and now, 2 resubs.

:sm/regice: :sm/regidrago: :sm/regieleki: :sm/regirock: :sm/registeel:
Name: Regice, Regidrago, Regieleki, Regirock, Registeel
Type: Unchanged
Abilities: +Regenerator as HA for all except registeel, Clear Body / Ice Body (Regice) | Dragon's Maw / Clear Body (Regidrago) | Transistor / Clear Body (Regieleki) | Clear Body / Stamina (Regirock) | Clear Body / Heatproof / Bulletproof (HA) (Registeel)
New Moves: +Elemental Fangs, Iron Head, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Superpower, Earthquake, Earth Power, Aura Sphere (Regidrago) | +Superpower, Flash Cannon, Smart Strike (Regieleki) | Ice Beam, Knock Off (Registeel) | Rapid Spin (Regice)
Justification: the regis are almost all known for beeing bad, yeah. so thats why i buffed some of them, adding moves to regieleki and regidrago because god their movepool is absolutely mini sized. they also have regen as all of their HAs, wich is great. didn't buff regigigas because who knows! but yeah, this is just to make these mons alot more viable. didn't give Snow Warning to regice because ice body got buffed and is now ALOT better. coverage on eleki might be scary, but it is still walled by ground types that aren't weak to steel or fighting coverage. (aka most OU ground types, excluding Excadrill)

:sm/naganadel:
Name: Naganadel
Type: Poison / Dragon
Abilities: Beast Boost / Berserk (HA)
New Moves: Roost
Removed Moves: Nasty Plot
Justification: makes naganadel alot more bearable in OU, by removing Nasty Plot, its certainly still good, having recovery + berserk, but certainly the removal of nasty plot kinda hurts

real sub now
:sm/banette: :sm/banette-mega:
Name: Banette
Type: Ghost / Normal
Abilities: Insomnia / Frisk / Cursed Body
Mega Ability: Prankster
New Moves: Moonlight, Poltergeist, Earthquake, Fire Punch, Ice Punch
Justification: makes banette and its mega alot better. mega banette better in OU, having a super strong STAB, good defensive typing, and relatively good priority. along with more coverage. banette in lower tiers, with most of the same stuff. except its probably better offensively.

Name: Synthesis / Moonlight / Morning Sun
Power: -
Accuracy: -
PP: 16
Type: Grass / Fairy / Normal
Effect: user heals 50% of its max HP when using this move. heals 66% if Sun is active.
Flags: Healing
Potential Pokémon With This Move: stuff that already learns them, +some more mons
Justification: makes these moves not suck. since they normally suck due to low PP and their sucky effect, wich makes them heal less if a non-sun weather is active. makes some mons decently scary with them.

Name: Utility Umbrella
Effect: The holder ignores rain-, sun-, hail- and sand- based effects (damage buff, nerf, damage, etc). also immune to moves that are directly affected by weather. (such as Solar Blade, Solar Beam, Hurricane, Weather Ball, Thunder, Blizzard, etc.)
Can Be Knocked Off Yes
Ignored by Klutz Yes
Fling Power & Effect: 60 bp, no effect
Justification:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)