Juggernaut. (UU RMT)

Juggernaut
The best defense is a good offense.

This team was one I made not too long ago, but it's doing very well on the ladder (and whoever else I care to challenge). I usually use at least one gimmicky Pokémon, but this team is somewhat standard. Oh well.

Lead: Blazing Falcon
Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 40 Def / 216 Spe / 252 SpA
- Air Slash
- U-turn
- Overheat
- Will-o-wisp

ScarfTres. It generally decimates leads, although with Fake Out I just switch to something else. Air Slash is there for a late-game sweep, and this thing can revenge rather efficiently as well. It tanks Grass/Fighting/etc. moves very well and often forces switches, though Stealth Rock owns this thing. Water-type walls coming in mean a free switch to Feraligatr.

I may consider dropping Will-o-wisp for something else as I've never used it before.

Threat: Blademaster
Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 112 HP / 216 Atk / 180 Spe
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Brick Break
- Pursuit

BandScyther. It more then often forces switches, as well as threatening bulky Psychic-types. I mainly bring it in on Fighting and Grass moves and use the move of choice given what I've seen of their team; Pursuit on Psychic-type walls, Aerial Ace on Fighting, Brick Break for Steels, and Bug Bite for everything else, basically. This thing is frail, though, and goes down pretty fast even on a 4x resisted move (Close Combat, anyone?).

Pursuit is somewhat situational, so I may swap it for something else. Maybe Quick Attack.

Tank: Fat Balloon
Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Haze

My answer for almost every physical attacker. Pain split owns walls with more HP, Haze for, well, hazing, Will-o-wisp for physical attackers staying in. Tbolt is for coverage. This fat balloon gets walled by ground-types (though it can often outstall with Pain Split and burn damage), and quickly floats away from any special attacker. Zam is often confronted with Houndoom, though.

I've almost never needed Haze, so I may drop it for something like EXPLOSION. :D

Lurking Ninja: Flare Canine
Houndoom @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spe / 252 SpA
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- HP Flying (IVs: 30 Spe/30 SpA/30 SpD)
- Nasty Plot

Houndoom comes in on predicted Psychics aimed at Weezing and Fire moves aimed at Scyther. It then Nasty Plots if there is something weak in front of it, or if I think they'll switch out. Dark Pulse and Flamethrower hits a lot of stuff neutral, and I proceed to play hit-and-run with this dog. Houndoom is very situational anyways, and can generally only come in on immunities or Choice users. With Hariyama (or any other fighting type), I just switch to Scyther, who tanks Close Combat and avoids Earthquake.

I've never found a scenario where HP Flying does more damage than STAB Flamethrower/Dark Pulse, so I may drop it.

Rolling Wall: Gyrophant
Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Def
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Roar

Donphan is a very good utility elephant, spinning, setting up rocks, and phazing. It can easily come in on Electric attacks aimed at Feraligatr or Moltres, and either set up Stealth Rock, or, if it is already in, EQ or Roar depending on the other team's flying availability. Flying switch-ins are easily phazed. I also use Donphan to absorb sleep or sacrifice it for revenge-kills (poor elephant).

Roar isn't exactly all that useful (unless up against subbing levitators), so it may be dropped for Stone Edge.

Dancing Jaws: Aqua Dragon
Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

DDgatr, with Leftovers to stay in longer. This thing cleans up late-game very, very well, DDing on setup bait (aka walls) and using the move of choice to decimate the team. Ice Punch/EQ handles common switch-ins, while Waterfall flinches. :D This thing is a beast after one DD, but sucks without it. Grass bulkies like Venusaur and Torterra are handled by Moltres/Scyther, while bulky waters like Milotic/Slowbro are outwalled by Weezing (which generally causes the opponent to switch their wall out anyways).

Life Orb may be used for the extra damage, but generally I find Leftovers lets me stay in longer to abuse DD.

--
This team depends a lot on Weezing to outwall enemy walls. Moltres and Scyther are very hit-and-run, like most Choice users (except Jirachi lol). Houndoom and Feraligatr both see opportunities mid to late-game to set up and sweep. Donphan is there to provide spin support to let Moltres and Scyther keep coming in, as well as laying rocks down and phazing. It also tanks physical attacks quite well.

There are quite a few things I can change, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Hello

For your lead Moltres I suggest using Fire Blast instead of Overheat so you don't need to switch after every SAtk drop, so you could sweep easier. You should also consider HP grass instead of Will-o-wisp. This gives you more coverage and Moltres packs enough power to sweep rather then stall. Besides, you already have Weezing with Will-o-wisp.

Although Roar is an option on Donphan, you could also go with Stone Edge instead of it. This will help you deal with Flying types but also with Ghost types that will try to block your spin (Stone Edge often does more to Ghost then Assurance would but the accuracy is meh).

Hope this helps!

Use u turn over bug bite on cb scyther to abuse free switches. Try sucker punch on houndoom to get surprise kills and mind games with dugtrio and mismagius. Eve and nature would need to be tweaked. Also second delkos suggestions

The Team looks pretty solid, quite SR weak though but Solid.

@Moltress I had the same thing using that set.
I opted HP grass over WoW so I could hit rock/ground types as well as water If I knew they would be switching in.

As Said U-Turn over bugbite will be good because its a choicebanded set.
Quick attack is optional but easily resisted by ghosts though.

You dont use Hp flying often as you said, you also said you liked some gimmicky pokemon so I suggest the move BeatUp.
If you still have 5 pokemons next to you and a Chansey happens to think it could wall you, BeatUp will KO it.

As for Donphan, Assurance is best IMO. It hits ghosts which try to interfere with your spinning. If I'm correct, Assurance 2hitKO's Mismagius and Rotom.
Spiritomb is best to be quaked and Staying in on froslass with Donphan isnt smart:P

Thats all I got to say.

Moltres-He seems redundant with Scyther and Houndoom on the team, perhaps the open spot should be further defense to help Weezing?

Scyther-I've found U-Turn invaluable for whittling down switch ins with my CB Scyther, and AA still functions as your powerful pure damage move.

Weezing-Be weary of losing him, be careful with him.

Houndoom-HP Flying is indeed a waste. Sucker Punch, Taunt, Pursuit, and even Snatch come to mind as replacements.

Donphan-He needs defense over attack, make him pure defense+HP and impish.

Feraligatr-He doesn't necessarily need so much speed, Feraligatr can be amazingly bulky. I've swept with Feraligatr on occasion specifically because I ran a bulky build with leftovers.

Thanks for the suggestions. : D

Moltres now has Fire Blast and HP Grass. HP Grass is very tricky though, as you basically need to predict the switch (which isn't that hard to do, I guess).

Scyther has U-turn, but because of my massive SR weakness, I may drop him for another fast CBer. Something like Primeape or Floatzel, or maybe Leafeon. Maybe an Ambipom for teh lulz. Thing is, I use Scyther to come in and tank the hit, and then KO. I'd need a somewhat sturdy, fast CBer.

Houndoom does more damage to stuff like Chansey with Sucker Punch. I may even use Beat Up (although by the time it appears it's usually at least mid-game). ...Actually, this is the Pokemon I use the least, so I may replace it with another special sweeper n_n Like Raikou.

Donphan really likes the switch to pure defense, although Roar is still a very good move for getting rid of Flying-types.

GREEN00, what would you suggest I change Feraligatr's EVs to? I don't think mine needs more speed anyways.

You could go with Life Orb on Moltres so you don't have to predict that often. In that case you might also wanna go with Roost > U-turn.

Why don't you try Something like CB Hariyama, it has the defenses to come in often, it is a useful Rock type resist for your team and with Guts activated (status absorber) it can really cause some havoc. This is over Scyther of course, just like you suggested yourself.

I saw an interresting Mixdoom set in the creative moveset section today. 100 Atk / 236 Spe / 172 SAtk with a Mild nature, same moveset you have now but with Sucker Punch instead of HP Flying. More info needed? Check this.

Oh and I would keep the EV's on Feraligatr tbh.

GREEN00, what would you suggest I change Feraligatr's EVs to? I don't think mine needs more speed anyways.

It depends upon what you want to outspeed.

With literally no speed EV investment, his speed is 192 (if adamant). After 1 DD, his speed is 288 (outspeeding 284s). After 2 DDs, his speed is 384, 1 point above jolly Swellow with max speed.

So with no speed EVs, after 2 DDs he outspeeds the fastest pokemon in the tier besides Electrode.

After doing calculations, I suggest,

adamant
228 HP EVs (so his HP is 368, a leftovers number)
252 attack EVs
30 defense EVs

You could just max out HP if you preferred.

Feraligatr can't rely often enough on landing 2 DD's enough to warrant dropping ALL speed.

I like scarf on Moltres, as it becomes a very good revenge killer. Also helps kill other Moltres.

I use Sucker Punch on Houndoom now, but a mixdoom sounds interesting; to be honest, though, since I don't use it all that often, I may switch it for a SubCMRaikou.

Feraligatr cannot OHKO most things after 1 DD anyway, even with life orb. Feraligatr himself is extremely difficult to OHKO with max HP.

The stats of the build I suggested,

-

Given a free DD on the switch, he should easily be able to get a second against the new switch-in.

Put HP rock or HP grass on houndoom. Rock so you can effectively switch into moltres, grass so you have an easier time with milo.

I personally prefer life orb on ddgatr, as he's already moderately bulky.

Scyther needs u turn, probably put it over bug bite. Most everything else looks pretty good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)