June 2010 Status of Shoddy Battle 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They said in a few weeks but that's always subject to change, it's not like they're being paid to do this.

Patience is a virtue! I myself eagerly await the coming of this great simulator.

I'm way too dumb to know what any of that means. :/ If I tried to "compile" it or w/e I'd probably hurt myself. :[

@DarkMoon - First, I'm not sure Shoddy 2 will have server scripting, however you can always modify the server to make any changes. Secondly, you can custom compile a client to read netbattle/PO teams. I am unsure if that is already included by default.

@Epickillz - Read on page 3 -4. They said the Battle Engine is 99% complete. The server, and the client can be viewed on the website.

In shoddy 2 will we be able to change a pokemon's type through a mod file like we do with say like move additions without changing the source?

Will there be a guide on adding pokemon?

Sounds like it is near completed. I barly used the first one but i just started and the 2nd one can only be better.

In shoddy 2 will we be able to change a pokemon's type through a mod file like we do with say like move additions without changing the source?

Will there be a guide on adding pokemon?
ShoddyBattle 2 has all the pokémon in a giant XML file that you can edit easily. Types, moves, stats, anything. It looks like this: (Warning: huge page! Find your browser's Stop button, you may need it)
http://shoddybattle.hg.sf.net/hgweb...ttle2/file/090682529533/resources/species.xml

99% was like a month ago
it takes another month for another percent?
o_O
and can legendary's have hidden power this time?
on the other shoddy it says IV's and nature are invalid
that is very dumb and cant be possible

99% was like a month ago
it takes another month for another percent?
o_O
and can legendary's have hidden power this time?
on the other shoddy it says IV's and nature are invalid
that is very dumb and cant be possible
Seriously, just be patient. The developers aren't getting paid anything to do this and they can't simply devote all their time to it.

And I'm pretty sure the iv + hidden power restrictions are there for a reason, as in, they aren't possible in-game.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy is more than just a battle engine. Only the battle engine is 99% done. The rest is close to done but not quite "99%".

Also, Hidden Powers are possible in SB1. Fiddle with the useless IV until its valid.

when are the ss/hg updates going to be available, or are they already? I ask because i was trying to create a choice band dragonite, and i noticed that he can't have extremespeed. i find this curious seeing as my dragonite in SS knows extremespeed

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
when are the ss/hg updates going to be available, or are they already? I ask because i was trying to create a choice band dragonite, and i noticed that he can't have extremespeed. i find this curious seeing as my dragonite in SS knows extremespeed
When opening up Team Builder make sure you select Smogon University instead of Standard Metagame. I just tried it and if you do this then you can select ES for Dragonite.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
I know the program is just about ready, so I'll just ask - will Shoddy Battle 2 require you log on as an administrator to download/run it?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
I know the program is just about ready, so I'll just ask - will Shoddy Battle 2 require you log on as an administrator to download/run it?
As you probably know, Shoddy Battle 1 doesn't require that. Shoddy Battle 1 can be run as a normal user.

Shoddy Battle 2 will not require any special privileges to run either. Depending on where it gets installed by default, the default installation location might require additional privileges to write to though. We will make sure it's possible to choose a location you can write to.

Shoddy is more than just a battle engine. Only the battle engine is 99% done. The rest is close to done but not quite "99%".

Also, Hidden Powers are possible in SB1. Fiddle with the useless IV until its valid.
Alright. But...can you make some kind of update thread for September? Seriously, B/W are almost out and it still seems like vaporware to me. How complete as a percentage is SB2 in its entirety?

Cathy

Banned deucer.
The entire source code is available for you to download from our repositories. I'm closing this thread now. Look out for a new update in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)