Just a Regular OU Team for Once

Alright, start with building the team:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It all started with my favorite OU Pokemon, Reuniclus (NOT OTR)

Jelly Ace (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Then, I just added a couple of OU Pokemon to make Reuniclus not lonely
Team : Reuniclus/Gengar/Conkeldurr/Scizor/Heatran (LEAD)/Donphan

After playtesting, I find that Gengar, Conkeldurr and Scizor didn't help as much
So I added 2 more OU Pokemon, and got 1 UU Pokemon
Team : Reuniclus/Dusclops/Lucario/Jirachi/Heatran (LEAD)/Donphan

More playtesting, I found a new spinner/lead with Volt Switch
Removing both Heatran and Donphan, it made way for Keldeo
Team : Reuniclus/Dusclops/Lucario/Jirachi/Keldeo/Forretress (LEAD)

My team had terrible synergy, but after a couple 1v5 Reuniclus sweeps I decided to keep him,
Lucario and Keldeo. The rest were replaced.
Team : Reuniclus/Jellicent/Lucario/Breloom/Keldeo/Swampert (LEAD)

Found a new epic anti-lead, Espeon. He prevented me from getting entry hazarded
and set up during the start of the game.
Team : Reuniclus/Jellicent/Lucario/Breloom/Keldeo/Espeon (LEAD)

My team still had bad synergy with 2 psychics making me have a 3x weakness to Ghost.
Espeon and Reuniclus had to stay so I let Jellicent go.
Team : Reuniclus/Arcanine/Lucario/Breloom/Keldeo/Espeon (LEAD)

Weather teams here and there, I needed a counter. Breloom didn't do much, thus
making way for anti-weather Pokemon, SHIFTRY
Team : Reuniclus/Arcanine/Lucario/Shiftry (ANTI-WEATHER LEAD)/Keldeo/Espeon (NORMAL LEAD)

Shiftry was good sometimes, but was too situational and was replaced.
Same goes for Arcanine.
Team : Reuniclus/Volcarona/Lucario/Celebi/Keldeo/Espeon (LEAD)

Finally, with Volcarona and Celebi saying goodbye, my team was finished.
I needed an aid in entry hazards other than bouncing them. Toxic Spikes deemed to be the best.
Final Team : Reuniclus/Gliscor/Lucario/Tentacruel/Keldeo/Espeon (LEAD)

Thus, the final team!

Mega Jelly Ace (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Recover

Such a good snack... I mean Pokemon. Kinda ironic how Crunch is one of his main weaknesses and he's named after food. Reuniclus has saved me more times than the number of strands of hair I have... I think... EVs get him shifted towards Physical Defense, whilst CM brings him up in Special Defense and his sweeping capability. Ghost/Fighting covers everything for now, so no Pokemon can effectively tank Reuniclus, except for Blissey. That's why I'm trying to find a place for Psyshock in this. Other than that, a great Pokemon nevertheless.

Mega Dracula (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
- Substitute

The only Physical Attacker here, other than Keldeo's Secret Sword which deals Physical Damage. When Keldeo is dead, this is my only real check to Blissey. E-quake+Ice Fang gives some reliable coverage (NOT) and Protect+Sub is standard with Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes. EVs are aimed towards Speed and Bulk, with 252 speed and Jolly, he outspeeds most of OU... I think... Come on, my facts aren't that straight.

Mega Anubis (Lucario) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
- Vacuum Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

SD Lucario here, Choice Band Lucario there. Choice Scarf Lucario here, Prankster Riolu there. So many builds for this guy, so a Special biased Lucario is unexpected. Aura Sphere is amazing STAB that never misses, and is perfect coverage with Shadow Ball. Man, I love that coverage. It has absolute coverage with Hidden Power [Ice] if Nintendo decides to make a Normal/Ghost. Vacuum Wave destroys Focus Sashes. It's too bad this guy doesn't get Psyshock though.

Mega Kraken (Tentacruel) (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 Def / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Tentacruel, an odd choice much? Forretress can do the same Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin, and he can use Volt Switch, Stealth Rocks, Spikes, and when his hazards are done, Explosion. So why didn't I use Forretress over this monster, you may ask? Synergy, that's why. Houndoom, though not so common in OU, can sweep 66% of my team if this were to be Forretress. Giga Drain and Scald are pretty good moves to use. Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin are the main reasons I use this guy. Why not Ghost+Fighting coverage again with Shadow Ball/HP Fighting? Coverage. Shadow Ball/HP Fighting has perfect coverage, but this girl can use Giga Drain and Scald to take out them Rock/Grounds and the Camerupts from Sun Teams.

Mega Brony (Keldeo) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Icy Wind

Keldeo, like Lucario, has a variety. Choice Specs, Swords Dance, Life Orb and even the random Choice Band. (Keldeo, no matter how much you try, you aren't Azumarill. What are you doing with Aqua Jet/Choice Band?) Expert Belt... an odd item to use. This Keldeo is walled by Jellicent, which is bad. Icy Wind is nifty for taking out Salamance and <99% HP Dragonites, and the occasional Flygons and the super rare Altarias. I chose HP Bug over HP Ghost (Shame on you for not being able to use Ice Beam AND Shadow Ball, that's weak for a special based Legendary) because of Keldeo's most feared counter, Celebi. Let's do some Math here. EB SpA Timid Keldeo HP BUG VS Celebi 252 Sp Def 252 Hp is a guaranteed 2HKO, whilst in the same battle, HP Ghost is a 3.59% chance of being a 3HKO, otherwise a 4HKO. Surf and Secret Sword is dual STAB.

Mega Kitty (Espeon) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Baton Pass
- Stored Power

Finally, the lead of my team. "Why not use Tentacruel as lead?", the answer is that this counters entry hazards. Enemy lead uses SR, Spikes or TSpikes? Bounce them back! Enemy sets up on you? Set up on them back. Enemy also an Espeon? First to Baton Pass or Crit wins! Calm Mind adds Special Tankiness to this whilst the EVs make it a physical tank. Morning Sun heals... Baton Pass passes your Calm Mind against Dark Types and Pokemon that 4x resist Psychic and Stored Power beats the rest. She is one heck of a beast to lead with.

This should be the end. I'll add gifs when I find gifs. As with other RMT's, please give suggestions and I guess... Rate it! This is PotatoBlaster, signing out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)