ORAS OU Just Dance (Charizard X bulky offense)

Introduction:
Hello everybody! This is a team i created and been having some success and some fun with. This is my first RMT and first post! I'm looking forward to getting some feedback about my team and how i might go about improving it.

The Team:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Mega Charizard X is the mega i wanted to use. It is not that common anymore but still is a huge threat once it sets up a DD. This mon's typing is amazing which can allow to check some stuff, not get burned, and be able to take a hit. I went with the offensive set with roost over earthquake since I felt hitting heatran is not that big of a deal and can be solved by the rest of the team. Flare Blitz and Dragon claw are the best STAB on this mon(Outrage is pretty much suicide).

Breloom @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Charizard X can struggle with bulky ground types which is why I used breloom here. Breloom is an interesting mon that is one of the best checks to sand teams which are very popular. Spore is really useful for setting up and weaking major threats. bullet seed is stab that, on average, does more than seed bomb and can break subs. Mach punch for priority. SD to make breloom very threating to teams that are unprepared for it.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

At this point the team was threatened by a lot of things like mega venusaur, mega altaria, latis, thundurus and other birds, so I put in Kyurem-B as a breaker to help relieve this issue. Standard set, not much to say other than it gets off lots of damage and really puts in some work. I wanted roost to help keep longevity on this monster.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

The team really didn't have anything that could take a hit so i added jirachi as a blanket check and a switch in. The scarf Jirachi set is really good right now and i felt it would fit on this team to help keep offensive momentum up and be able to heal any weak sweeper. I went with heart stamp other fire/ice punch as I felt hitting keldeo, gengar and other psychic weak threats were more important than hitting ferrothorn and scizor.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I needed a stealth rocker and something to pressure scizor, ferro, excadrill, talonflame, and heatran so i thought of tank chomp which fills all those needs. Fire blast is used in last slot in order to pressure ferro and scizor. Tank chomp helps provide a backbone to the team and a puts pressure on spinners.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

For the final slot i needed reliable hazard removable and a keldeo check and i thought of starmie. I choose starmie over one of the lati because latis are too easily prone to being trapped and losing hazard removal would put a lot of pressure on the team. In addition scald burns can help weaken the opposing teams physical threats. Recover keeps starmie's health at a good level.
Threatlist:
-
I don't really have a switch in for this thing, but it can be revenged by breloom and jirachi

- Again no real switch in, really sacking something and forcing it out with either jirachi or breloom is the best the team can do.

- Latis are an annoyance sine the only switch in is jirachi which gets worn down fairly quickly

Conclusion:

The team is pretty fun and is definately one of the better more offensive teams that i have made. It has some crippling weaknesses but once is really devastating to teams that can't deal with it.

Thanks For Reading!

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hello i like your team, I think it is a bit weak in scarf lando-t, sand rush Exca, I can suggest to put Landorus-T>Garchomp, controls well zard x, Exca, it produces momentum.
This is the set :
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 132 HP / 56 Atk / 216 Def / 104 Spe
impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn / Swords Dance (for MG beat clef, mega zor if you need it)
- Stone Edge
This distribution can survive 4 iron head by LO Exca
-1 252+ ATK Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head Vs. 132 HP / Def 216+ Landorus-T: 103-122 (29.2 - 34.6%) - 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
It has enough speed to overcome the basic 70 speed with neutral nature as Bisharp, adamant loom.

Your team suffers a bit Keldeo, Azumarill, and also Weavile, suggest Tentacruel>Starmie, work well in teams, beating azu, Keld, removes hazards

I suggest this set
Tentacruel
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 ATK
- Sludge Bomb
- Acid Spray
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
I chose not to put the item on purpose to get on Weavile safe, look here:
ATK 252 Life Orb Weavile Knock Off Vs. 240 HP / Def 252+ Tentacruel: 122-146 (33.7 - 40.4%) - guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

in response Tentacruel can beat him using acid spray + Sludge Bomb and more Weavile damaged by rocks + Life Orb recoil

instead these are the calculations against azu:
252+ ATK Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Knock Off Vs. 240 HP / Def 252+ Tentacruel: 122-144 (33.7 - 39.8%) - guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

you can run even haze, if you have serious problems beating belly drum Azumarill

if we are against Keldeo:
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 240 HP / 0 SPD Tentacruel: 114-135 (31.5 - 37.3%) - guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
I'd say pretty good;)

I hope I have helped you, good day ^^

I
Introduction:
Hello everybody! This is a team i created and been having some success and some fun with. This is my first RMT and first post! I'm looking forward to getting some feedback about my team and how i might go about improving it.

The Team:

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Mega Charizard X is the mega i wanted to use. It is not that common anymore but still is a huge threat once it sets up a DD. This mon's typing is amazing which can allow to check some stuff, not get burned, and be able to take a hit. I went with the offensive set with roost over earthquake since I felt hitting heatran is not that big of a deal and can be solved by the rest of the team. Flare Blitz and Dragon claw are the best STAB on this mon(Outrage is pretty much suicide).

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Charizard X can struggle with bulky ground types which is why I used breloom here. Breloom is an interesting mon that is one of the best checks to sand teams which are very popular. Spore is really useful for setting up and weaking major threats. bullet seed is stab that, on average, does more than seed bomb and can break subs. Mach punch for priority. SD to make breloom very threating to teams that are unprepared for it.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

At this point the team was threatened by a lot of things like mega venusaur, mega altaria, latis, thundurus and other birds, so I put in Kyurem-B as a breaker to help relieve this issue. Standard set, not much to say other than it gets off lots of damage and really puts in some work. I wanted roost to help keep longevity on this monster.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

The team really didn't have anything that could take a hit so i added jirachi as a blanket check and a switch in. The scarf Jirachi set is really good right now and i felt it would fit on this team to help keep offensive momentum up and be able to heal any weak sweeper. I went with heart stamp other fire/ice punch as I felt hitting keldeo, gengar and other psychic weak threats were more important than hitting ferrothorn and scizor.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

I needed a stealth rocker and something to pressure scizor, ferro, excadrill, talonflame, and heatran so i thought of tank chomp which fills all those needs. Fire blast is used in last slot in order to pressure ferro and scizor. Tank chomp helps provide a backbone to the team and a puts pressure on spinners.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

For the final slot i needed reliable hazard removable and a keldeo check and i thought of starmie. I choose starmie over one of the lati because latis are too easily prone to being trapped and losing hazard removal would put a lot of pressure on the team. In addition scald burns can help weaken the opposing teams physical threats. Recover keeps starmie's health at a good level.
Threatlist:
-
I don't really have a switch in for this thing, but it can be revenged by breloom and jirachi
- Again no real switch in, really sacking something and forcing it out with either jirachi or breloom is the best the team can do.

- Latis are an annoyance sine the only switch in is jirachi which gets worn down fairly quickly

Conclusion:

The team is pretty fun and is definately one of the better more offensive teams that i have made. It has some crippling weaknesses but once is really devastating to teams that can't deal with it.

Thanks For Reading!

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Breloom @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psyshock

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

I understand that u need starmie but it would be better if you use offensive variant else this team looks really passive,also use zen headbutt instead of heart stamp for more power on Jirachi.Also the above mentioned comments really help the comment so i cant say much more tbh.
P.S. Also,try to update the teambuilding process and post some replays for analyzing your team which will be benificial to you too.Good luck :)

NotFalse said:
Yo,

Interesting offense squad, my friends made a team very similar to this, and has had great success with it, so I like seeing teams like this. I think some of the Pokemon seem like they've just been splashed onto the team, with no clear role. Some Pokemon are overlapping, and I feel like there is room for this team to improve.

Firstly, I'd change Kyurem-B to Thundurus. You said Kyurem was used as a way to beat Mega Venusaur, and birds, but I think Thundurus can perform this role better. Thundurus better lures in Pokemon like Venusaur, and also is quite a reliable check to Talonflame and Pinsir. Thundurus also can potentially provide Speed control, or better breaking power with a coverage move, it's up to you. Thundurus also patches up your slight weakness to Water types like Azumarill, and Kingdra a bit better than Kyurem, as Kyurem can be really hurt by catching Scalds. Thundurus is also a bit safter vs Fighting types like Medicham, and Lopunny.

Secondly, I completely understand Starmie's place on the team, but it does seem strange to splash a spinner which gives up so much momentum onto a team with 5 other threats. Your team also dearly needs a secondary Zard X check, so I'd suggest changing Starmie to Azumarill. Lum Azu checks Keldeo, and gives you the same Ice resist that Starmie does, but also checks Zard X, and gives you another form of priority to wear down offensive Pokemon (potentially putting it in range of Breloom, or Zard X)
P.S. You could also run Earthquake > Roost on Zard X seeming that this team is offense, and the ability to break down common checks like Scarf Tyranitar, and Heatran could be very useful.

tl;dr
Sets (open)
Hey Thanks for the rate! Ok so i like the idea of changing kyurem-b to thundurus so i will try that out. The only problem i have with changing starmie to azumarill is the loss of hazard removal which is pretty big since im running charizard and thundurus. I will test out azumarill anyways though so thanks!

King Sun said:
hello i like your team, I think it is a bit weak in scarf lando-t, sand rush Exca, I can suggest to put Landorus-T>Garchomp, controls well zard x, Exca, it produces momentum.
This is the set :
Show Hide

Your team suffers a bit Keldeo, Azumarill, and also Weavile, suggest Tentacruel>Starmie, work well in teams, beating azu, Keld, removes hazards

I suggest this set
Hey thank you for the rate! Using tentacruel over starmie seems to be a cool idea and allows the team to have an answer for some threating mons, though tentacruel also slows down the momentum. The lando-t change seems pretty good so I will try out the changes when im done with hw.

LukeWithJazz said:
I understand that u need starmie but it would be better if you use offensive variant else this team looks really passive,also use zen headbutt instead of heart stamp for more power on Jirachi.Also the above mentioned comments really help the comment so i cant say much more tbh.
P.S. Also,try to update the teambuilding process and post some replays for analyzing your team which will be benificial to you too.Good luck :)
Hey thanks for the rate! I thought about using offensive starmie but i felt i wanted a hazard remover that isn't that fragile and offensive starmie loses lots of health coming in. I will try it out though because the current starmie isn't too much. I will try to post some replays that i've got. :)

Hello Mega CharizardX is always a nice Pokemon to build around, and usually does get what you expect of it but it kind of does need hazard removal in some form or the other, rapid spin and defog both work for this. Now the thing is the word momentum is thrown out a lot, and people talk about gaining or losing but what i don't get it how removing Starmie in anyway improves the team? It just makes the star of the show go down way faster than it should be; now there a number of way to fix this and the most obvious one is just going for offensive analytic LO spin>the current set, which both gives you a spinner and if you use HP:Fire a way to remove something that can chip ZardX massively/stop Kyu-B from sweeping.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Fire
- Ice Beam

The other thing is that your team kind of gets eaten alive by rain so I'd say toss on like Ferrothorn over Breloom with like a Spikes set to give you something to do with all the switches you'll be forcing with the team;

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers/Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Also I think that ZardX should run a more bulky offensive spread, the current spread makes it kind of frail, something like 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe with an Adamant nature makes it reasonably bulky as well as letting it keep its amazing offensive presence;

summary of changes:
>

Analytic LO Spin
> defensive spin

Bulky DD
> offensive DD

Yo

Offensive LO
So I thik that your team will benefit from funning offensive starmie, your team is an offensive team with great power and little to no momentum killers, by running life orb on starmie your making your team more offensive and allowing your team to hit harder. With offensive set you are able to dish out powerful hits and help your team out vs some of the things that can come in on defensive starmie such as latios.

-->

AV Torn
yes kyurem-b is a strong breaker, however kyurem has its draw backs as it puts a lot of stress on starmie to get the spin off. Torn adds much needed speed that enables you to get u-turn momentum as well as breaking teams. Torn was the better choice because of its speed, ability to break teams, and torn helps out with gengar. Torn gives your team another needed switch in to latios, gengar, and venusaur. Tornadus also helps out with keldeo. All around tornadus seemed like a solid option worth exploring.

I would take Master Sunny-EX advice and run bulky charizard to help out a little bit with the weavile issue.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power Fire
- Rapid Spin

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 96 HP / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)