Just Slaying Around - OU RMT

Hey everyone, haven't posted a RMT in a while, but this isn't my first rodeo! Here's the team.

Team Building Process: I've never tried a dedicated VoltTurn team, so after reading up on the article I decided to give it a shot. I originally decided on Scizor and Rotom-W as the VoltTurn, but after some deliberation I decided that I wanted to incorporate Rain as well, and I wanted to reduce possible grass weaknesses considering the amount of damage Virizion could do to me. So Magnezone and Politoed came in there. I read the "Over 9000" RMT and thought Breloom seemed like an awesome addition here, and I wanted a secondary special set-up sweeper to help abuse the rain and VoltTurn pressure. I was thinking Dragonite but went with Volcarona in the end. And Starmie rounded it off to remove SR and abuse Hydro Pump and Thunder.

In Depth:

Politoed
(M) @ Leftovers Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Toxic
- Perish Song
- Ice Beam

Fairly standard Politoed set, I've debated over using Hypnosis over Toxic to add to Breloom's sleep factor but so far I've been enjoying it the way it is. Scald is great in Rain, especially with the burn chance. Perish Song is really the key here, it adds pressure over switchs and helps me get into position to start VoltTurning. Ice Beam is just for coverage.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone is essential for the VoltTurn combination, and Thunder hits amazingly hard in Rain. Flash Cannon and HP Fire are there for coverage, but never really see much use. Helps to take down Water-types on the opponents side who try to abuse the Rain, as well as scouting and trapping.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is Scizor, doesnt need a whole lot of explanation for movepool or stats. It is essential to VoltTurn and helps to take down Dragons that Magnezone has issues with. Scouts, punches shit, etc.

Volcarona (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hurricane
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast

Rain Volcarona is a BEAST, this thing abuses the VoltTurn pressure and Hurricane to the maximum. Once it has a Quiver Dance under its belt its extremely hard to stop. Fire Blast is mostly just there for STAB coverage, helps with Ferrothorn mostly. Bug Buzz is for overall sweeping, it has excellent general power.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Bulk Up Breloom is a sweeping GOD in Rain. With the Fire type weakness causing problems, its halved in Rain, and with the SpDef investment its effectively a non-issue. Spore is there for sleep, pretty clear about that. Seed Bomb is an accurate, powerful STAB, and Drain Punch helps him keep trekking. Bulk Up is awesome to use after he switches in after a Turn, when an opponent is expecting a Spore.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Rapid Spin

Starmie is primarily here to spin away SR for Volcarona, and Spikes for the Turners so they dont lose unnecessary HP. Moves are for coverage, Thunder and Hydro Pump in Rain hit hard and Ice Beam helps with Grass and Dragon types trying to shut me down.

So thats the team, thanks for reading!

The voltturn combo abuses the fact that you will mostly have switch advantage. By having the advantage, usually the opponent will be switching out a lot. Because of this, having someone with hazards(SR + spikes) will really help in weakening the enemy with constant u-turns and volt-switches and be able to sweep.

What I would recommend is either removing starmie for a forretress or magnezone for a ferrorthorn. These two both are steel so with the rain, they will only be harder to take down while being able to setup the rocks.

You are very weak to Dragonite and to Volcarona. I suggest putting Politoed scarf and Tentacruel on Starmie:

Politoed (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Perish Song
- Toxic
Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
Later you can put Hidden power Ice on Magnézone and vote for the subchargebeam here for present. With this set you will also can trapp correctly Ferrothorn, Foretress, Scizor and Skarm furthermore he can finish a dragon blocked on Outrage if politoed did not fill his work. and will also can OHKO gliscor:
Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 170 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)