SM LC KACAWer Than You (LC Triple Birds)

Yo guys! First RMT of Gen 7 and one of the few RMTs I make just generally. I won't ramble too much but I'm gonna get something out of the way now: this isn't a great team. But what it is, is an extremely fun team. And that's why we play this game - for fun! Or salt. There's a whole lotta salt.

So the team is triple bird spam. Birdspam is quite dangerous, with teams generally not packing more than one check to Flying types making it easy to wear down checks. So I decided to test the idea of triple birds. My logic was that if teams can barely (if at all) handle two birds there'd be way they could handle three. My victory was assured! Well, not really. While my offensive presence was certainly off the charts, the three birds had limited switchin opportunities, essentially meaning I could only reliably get them in via sacking. I had to use my remaining three mons to switch into a whole giant bunch of threats whilst supporting via their normal roles. And if I had to sack one of those three to get a bird in, then what I could in turn switch into became narrower and narrower.

This team massive rewards high risk and offensive play - something I'm pretty bad at. Arguably, the entire team archetype is wrong. It wants to be HO. But I don't like HO so this is what I made. If you guys can help me make this team more viable that'd be awesome!

Remember when I said I wasn't gonna ramble? Anyway onto the team!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave

Obviously Vullaby is here. She's here because of my personal belief that Vully is the best sweeper in the tier right now. Nasty Plot is gross in it's cleaning potential. The Weak Armor buff was super significant too, meaning it can outspeed scarfers like Chou and Mag after one activation. Using Vullaby is quite easy to get a grasp on - switch into a U-Turn or a Knock Off or a weaker neutral hit and either proceed to Revenge or set up NP. Heat Wave is the last coverage move to hit Pawn. I'm using Eviolite because the 50% defence cancels out the first defence drop, meaning it retains a good amount of it's bulk.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

This was originally Scarf Rufflet because of the big power increase, but I got rid of it for three reasons.

1.) Fuck Hustle
2.) Archen's rock typing gives it more switchin opportunities and varying coverage
3.) FUCK HUSTLE

Replaced Scarf for BJ so I can have a reliable and powerful Flying STAB in Acro and to bring Archen out of Defeatist. I didn't want to run Roost because Archen tends to not be able to survive much anyway. Stone Edge is useful over Rock Slide because even Intimidate mons like Snubb get 2HKO'd. Though I should really replace it for Rock Slide really. Earthquake is for EdgeQuake coverage and to annoy incoming electric types. Knock Off also deters switch ins and I can use it to knock off healing or Evio before sacking Archen so that another bird can kill.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Doduo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Jump Kick

Originally LO, I wanted a scarfer on this team, but after booting Rufflet I decided to keep Vully NP, so that left Doduo. It's excellent 18 speed outspeeds lots of other relevant scarfers like Mienfoo and Gastly (I say relevant..) making it a pretty good lategame cleaner and revenge killer. I chose Facade > Return because I have no real way to deal with Pony and Larv other than brute force it with whatever bird is out, so I thought I might as well keep Doduo relevant even if it's burned. Knock Off and Jump Kick are just standard coverage moves for Mag, Chou, Onix, Kabuto etc. Oh and the HP IVs are to keep it at 19 health for rocks.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 172 Atk / 108 Def / 228 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

I chose Ferro has my stealth rocker for a couple of reasons. It's great bulk and typing soft checks a bunch of stuff I need checking like Staryu and Chou. It also helps beat Onix and Kabuto - both common stealth rockers and bird checks. There isn't a lot to say otherwise to be honest. I chose 3 attacks because I honestly really need all three. Seed for aforementioned onix and kabuto, Knock Off because i really need Evios and juices gone to secure Kos and 2HKO and Iron Head to help with fairies.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 116 Def / 188 SpA / 196 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Vacuum Wave

Gunk is here for a similar reason to Ferro - being that it soft checks a whole bunch with it's solid typing. Despite having multiple birds I still couldn't switch into fighting types pre-gunk, or deal with fairies or steels. The Nasty Plot set has the power I need to muscle past walls and chip resists. Focus Miss sucks but I need the power.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

I chose Drilbur for the electric immunity, the useful Mold Breaker Earthquake and obviously for spinning. Staryu piles weaknesses (even though it deals with Fire Types easier to maybe?). It was originally LO< but honestly the damage increase versus the bulk is meh for me. I found the extra bulk for easier spins to be more beneficial. Also, prioritise spinning over attacking. Your wincons will thank you.

Just a couple of replays for you

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-553960156
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7lc-554279233

So that's it! My kinda cool super fun triple birdspam team! In terms of weaknesses, Fire types (specifically Pony) are really hard to switch into because of either they're power or the chance of them running wisp. Staryu is a little difficult to deal with depending on it's coverage. If it runs Psychic it lures Gunk out and if it runs Hp Fire then it lure Ferro. Either way it makes me lose an important team member.

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Cool team, it looks pretty fun to play! I have a few suggestions though:

Archen could be replaced with Onix or Dwebble. While it was great in ORAS, Archen suffers a lot in the SM meta because of Defeatist and the buffs most other birds have gotten. It can't really reliably beat Flying-types now, which Onix can easily do. Onix also sets up rocks for your team. If you really want the Knock Off support, you could go for Dwebble as well, but I'd go for Onix since its the most reliable bird check out there.

Onix @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Now that you have rocks and a bird check mixed into one, you can replace Ferroseed with Foongus. For such an offensive team, Ferro really kills your momentum with how slow it is. Granted, Foongus is slow too, but its access to Spore can put pressure on the other team and give you those free switch-ins you said are hard to find. You also don't lose your fairy check, which is a nice bonus.

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Again, cool team! :D

Cool team, it looks pretty fun to play! I have a few suggestions though:

Archen could be replaced with Onix or Dwebble. While it was great in ORAS, Archen suffers a lot in the SM meta because of Defeatist and the buffs most other birds have gotten. It can't really reliably beat Flying-types now, which Onix can easily do. Onix also sets up rocks for your team. If you really want the Knock Off support, you could go for Dwebble as well, but I'd go for Onix since its the most reliable bird check out there.

Onix @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Dwebble @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Knock Off

Now that you have rocks and a bird check mixed into one, you can replace Ferroseed with Foongus. For such an offensive team, Ferro really kills your momentum with how slow it is. Granted, Foongus is slow too, but its access to Spore can put pressure on the other team and give you those free switch-ins you said are hard to find. You also don't lose your fairy check, which is a nice bonus.

Foongus @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 124 HP / 160 Def / 160 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

Again, cool team! :D

While what you say makes sense and to be honest would make the team better, it proposes a problem. That being, if I take out Archen, then it's not Triple Birds anymore. It is a fun gimmick team after all. Though I will make and use the new version you proposed as well since I'm lacking any 'serious' teams right now, so thank you very much :P.

Like the team. Just EV Help honestly
Up to you with gunk, I run 13 speed to guarantee outspeed Timbs and Bray along with random other stuff like pump and tying with bulky foo but 12 or 11 is fine.
Croagunk (13 speed)
Croagunk @ Berry Juice
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 36 SpD / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Shadow Ball

Also Vulla evs are strange. 14 speed is fine for WA. I'd honestly just go standard evs here hp over spDef gives you more bulk overall despite how tempting even numbers are for evio
Vullaby (Standard Spread)
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 236 SpA / 116 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Dark Pulse
- Heat Wave

Same exact deal with ferroseed.
Ferroseed (Standard Again)
Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 228 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Enjoy the team though man [:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)