*Kewl title here* 4th Gen OU team

Ey Smogoners.

I just wanted to post my team, so that you could help me make it somewhere near perfect.

This team is made for a tournament I have recently joined, so if you have anything to say, good or bad, then feel free ^^

-----

Azelf @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast

Ahh, Azelf. I have always liked Azelf, and I needed a Rocker, so Azelf was perfect. Besides Azelf setting up Rocks, he is a hard hitter. Normally, I attack first turn, and set up Rocks on the second or third turn. Rocks isn´t the most important thing.

Psychic is my main move. It gets STAB, and hits the opponent very hard. Grass Knot is for Swampert and other Water types, even though Psychic is just as good. Stealth Rock for team support and Hidden Power Fighting for things like Heatran.

Azelf usually does it´s job pretty good. Although I could need a Lead, which could help me later in the game, one with more Bulk. Also, Fire Blast / Flamethrower could maybe be an option, due to all those Skarms :/

-----

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The EVs could look weird, and they might be, but they work just fine. It is designed to be a little bit defensive to take a few hits. I saw this set in a battle, and changed my Zapdos to match it, as it was pretty awesome.

Substitute is there for better sweeping abilities / stalling. If Zapdos outspeeds the foe, and I have a Sub up, I could maybe sweep a little. Thunderbolt is for STAB and Heat Wave for things, that Toxic isn´t hitting. Toxic is for stall.

I changed the Zapdos from Agility/HP Ice/Thunderbolt/Heat Wave, Modest nature and 252 Speed, 252 Special Attack and 4 HP EVs.

Right now, I really can´t see anything to fix, except for the EVs.

-----

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

Foretress works great as a spinner. It set up Spikes for more Entry hazard damage for the other team members, and Toxic Spikes to make a Cune sweep easier.

Payback is to hit Anti-Spinner switch ins. And Rapid spin is to get rid of the hazards my opponent sets up.
-----

Suicune @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroCune is beastly, especially with the help from Toxic Spikes. Cune sets up on Blissey with ease. It can T-Wave me, but Rest will heal it.

Cune works also as a mixed wall when it gets some Calm Minds up.

-----

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

I needed a Scarfer,, and Flygon fits that role. At that point, I needed a poke that could switch into Electric attacks.

I really like Flygon, due to it´s ability to get in and get out with U-Turn. Outrage, Earthquake and Stone Edge is just for coverage (Outrage STAB). When I chose Stone Edge, I was thinking about using Thunderpunch instead.

After battling a couple, I could have used Fire Blast due to Skarm.

-----

Metagross @ Life Orb
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Explosion

At the start, this was the lead Metagross with Life Orb. the moves were Stealth Rock, Meteor Mash, Earthquake and Explosion, but I changed that. It now runs Agility.

It can usually be quite hard to set it up, but when it get´s an Agility up, nealry unharmed, it can be really good. Meteor Mash is STAb, Earthquake for taking out Steel and Fire types. Explosion is kinda good, although I could use a move, that covers more types.

----

The description may be quite bad, but I´m really bad at explaining stuff.

Thanks to Blazin Kicking Chicken for the Metagross EV spread, CroCune suggestion, Foretress Suggestion, Rotom-H suggestion and the Azelf moveset.

Hello. This seems to be a fairly effective team, but I do see some problems that can be fixed.

One, there is no bulky water. This is considered a must on many teams, especially nowadays when you have Heatran at the top of the usage list.

Two, Cresselia is just not a very good Pokemon in today's metagame filled with Scizor and Tyranitar, who can either hit her with STAB super effective attacks or use her as setup fodder for their Swords Dance and Dragon Dance sets, respectively.

It says that you tried Offensive Suicune before and it let you down thanks to lack of recovery. I think Suicune's offensive set would work best here, but since you've had experience with the team, you'd know whether it works or not, so I think you could try a CroCune. This gives you the bulky Calm Minder that Cresselia was but with better typing, while also having recovery (Moonlight is a pretty terrible recovery move thanks to its low PP and the prevalence of sandstorm, though). The set is:

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

CroCune does have the unfortunate issue of not being able to inflict much damage on Grass Pokemon such as Shaymin and Celebi, while literally not being able to touch Vaporeon thanks to Water Absorb. However, Toxic Spikes+CroCune is a deadly combination, and that is why I think you should replace your current Skarmory for a Forretress. You still retain your Spikes that Skarmory now has, but have the added bonus of Toxic Spikes to help Suicune sweep, as well as Rapid Spin support. The set is:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Def
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback

The HP EVs give you a Leftovers number, and the special defense helps in setting up a layer or two on the likes of Vaporeon (to demonstrate the bulkiness of Forretress with this spread, it does not die to standard Celebi's HP Fire). Payback hits Rotom-A switchins who expect your Rapid Spin. By weakening them you are also helping your Metagross sweep, because Rotom-A is one of AgiliGross's greatest enemies and with them out of the way it is unlikely they will have something else to stop its sweep.

Something else that caught my eye was Focus Sash on Azelf. With a simple item change to Life Orb, you will KO lead Machamp with Psychic and thus beat a lead who would nearly always KO at least one Pokemon on your team. Fire Blast, which I recommend over HP Fighting (Scarftar is outrunning you and KOing you anyways, it's not doing anything, plus you have Grass Knot), will also KO Occa Berry-less lead Metagross.

This is not necessary but a more efficient spread for AgiliGross would be 252 Attack / 196 Speed / 60 HP with an Adamant nature, providing more power behind your attacks, letting you outrun Scarf Rotom-A (which can make a difference if it is weakened from Forretress's Paybacks) after the boost, and hitting a Life Orb number.

One last thing I would like to say is that you lack a spinblocker. Whether you make the switch to Forretress or not, losing your multiple layers of entry hazards due to one Rapid Spin can be fatal. A good spinblocker is pretty much essential on teams such as yours, and here is no exception. A ResTalking Rotom-H could function well over your Zapdos, doing what it did with less speed and recovery that isn't exactly on par with Roost, but with the bonuses of blocking Rapid Spin, slightly more bulk and similar resistances.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

The 16 Speed EVs let you outrun 8 Spe ResTalk Rotom-A, who has become increasingly common thanks to the posting of Kevin Garrett stall. Reflect is good because it helps deal with physical threats without threatening to give Heatran Flash Fire boosts or being messed up by the Toxic Spikes Forretress may have set up. It is most useful versus Tyranitar once it's been hit by the T-Spikes.

Just some stuff to consider. Good luck with the team.

Thanks for the rate. I will try the changes you suggested, and tell how it went.

-----

The Rapid Spin part

Whenever I get Rocks and multiple layers of Spikes up, they have been Spinned away, so you make a good point.

-----

Shaymin

The point you make in Toxic Spikes will take care of Shaymin, is good. I have problems with SbuSeed Shaymin.

-----

Lead

I have actually never faced Machamp leads, yet. I have faced one Metagross lead.

*Just updating*

Ok, I have tried the suggestions you made BKC and it works great! I´m definately winning way more than I lose, and when I lose, it´s because of stupid plays and the missing ability to work against stall (I lose concentration)

But one thing that I feel could get improved, is Metagross. I would like something a little more useful. I´m almost never able to set up with it, because I´m never finding the right time. Whenever I do set up, it´s on an Outraging Flygon.

So, if anybody has any suggestions for a Metagross replacement, please post.

lol I face Machamp leads ALL THE TIME and Azelf forces a switch 99% of the time unless theyre dumb so you get a free rocks up + either STAB or awesome coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)