SM OU Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog (EASILY SHREDS TEAMS)

this team does that^

diggersby.png
magnezone.png
tapulele.png
ninetales-alola.png
swampert.png
zapdos.png

Introduction

Hi, my name is Alex and this is my first RMT. I have been playing Pokemon for a long time now and I only just recently joined Smogon. So far I am really happy with Pokemon Showdown and a lot of people are nice. I was asked to write an RMT for this Diggersby team after it had a lot of success in games. A lot of people will look at this team and think that it is random and has bad sets, but I will explain the role of each Pokemon and why they work on the team. To be honest I don't even know what kind of team this is. Is it Veil? Bulky Offense? Hyper Offense? I don't really know lol. But I hope everybody likes the team and will try it out because it is really fun and easy to use!

Teambuilding Process

diggersby.png

I built around Diggersby after I tested Mawile and Azumarill and found out how good the Huge Power ability is. Diggersby has very powerful moves like Return and Earthquake, and I really liked sweeping teams with Swords Dance. This is the main sweeper on the team and the rest of the team revolves around setting conditions for it to win games.

diggersby.pngmagnezone.png

I really like Magnezone with Diggersby because it traps Ferrothorn Skarmory Kartana and Celesteela that stop its sweep. It comes in and does its job and then Diggersby has a much easier time sweeping. Also removing Scizor is very beneficial for the team. Magnezone will turn out to help a lot of other members on the team too.

diggersby.pngmagnezone.pngtapulele.png

One problem with Diggersby is that it is very easily revenged by Pokemon with priority. It is weak to Aqua Jet, Mach Punch, and Water Shuriken. It also takes a lot from Fake Out and Bullet Punch. Tapu Lele gives psychic terrain to help Diggersby deal with Ash Greninja Breloom and others that would normally kill it.Tapu Lele is also a very good revenge killer and can deal with a lot of threats that scare the other members on the team

diggersby.pngmagnezone.pngtapulele.pngninetales-alola.png

Ninetales is the 4th member on the team and it is very important for Diggersby setup. Aurora veil doubles Diggersby's bulk and so it can setup on Landorus-T and a lot more without having to worry about getting too low. Ninetales also stops weather like Rain and can beat Swampert Mega. It is a relatively fast Pokemon so it can kill a lot of slower Pokemon like Zygarde

diggersby.pngmagnezone.pngtapulele.pngninetales-alola.pngswampert.png

Swampert is a really fun Pokemon to use. It has a good type combination, good bulk, and good utility that helps the team. It is the main lead on the team as it can use Stealth Rock which can punish switching while you pressure them with Lele and Magnezone.

diggersby.pngmagnezone.pngtapulele.pngninetales-alola.pngswampert.pngzapdos.png

Zapdos is actually my favorite Pokemon from generation 1. I was really happy to find out that it works well on this team. It counters Hawlucha and it can Defog away hazards. It is a ground resist and can do a lot vs Hyper Offense teams.
[/hide]

The Team

diggersby.png

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Swords Dance​

Like I said, this is the sweeper of the team. It has 2 setup moves, 1 for large damage and 1 to outspeed everything. Its moveset only really takes about 2 turns to setup and if your opponent lets you have 3 turns to set up you always want to use Agility twice. Agility is more important than Swords Dance because it already has a high attack stat and outspeeding things is more important since you cant do anything if you cant even attack lol. The two attack moves are self explanatory and it doesn't require much prediction. Only flying ghost types completely wall this lmao. Diggersby should be used after you sack Ninetales and have Aurora Veil and Safeguard setup. This means you can also setup on Sableye. Diggersby is really fun to use and sweeps a lot of unprepared teams.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
Magnezone is very straightforward. It mainly just traps things that stop Diggersby. It can use Flash Cannon and Volt Switch to also gain momentum or pick up KOs on Pokemon like Diancie and Kyurem. It can also check fairies and psychics and is relatively bulky without any EVs or defensive Natures. It revenges a lot of pokemon that dont set up speed mainly Swords Dance. It also switches into poison for Lele and Ninetales, ice for Diggersby and Zapdos, and grass for Swampert

tapulele.png

Tapu Lele @ Assault Vest
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
**Tapu Lele is a really good Pokemon and I was really lacking bulk so I decided to run max HP with Assault Vest. This set is really effective actually and really helps the team by surprising special attackers like Greninja and Hoopa which dont even 2hko it! (hoopa does 55 max with +2 dark pulse) Tapu Lele is a strong check to a lot of Pokemon and its powerful SpA is enough to ko a lot of important Pokemon including Landorus, Scizor, Greninja, Tapu Koko, Kingdra, Diancie. A lot of people thought that this set is "bad" or "unset" when they see it but couldn't actually tell why so if someone could explain why this set is actually bad that would be great lmao. **

ninetales-alola.png
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Hail
- Freeze-Dry
- Safeguard
Ninetales is a very broken Pokemon in my opinion and it can fit on a lot of teams besides Screens. Aurora Veil is its best move and it doubles your defenses for 8 turns if it holds the Light Clay. This makes countering threats a lot easier as well as letting Diggersby set up. Aurora Veil is really nice to have throughout the game, and Ninetales can hard switch into a lot of slower things and put up Veil so that they can be countered more easily. The team is weak to Toxic Spikes and Diggersby hates getting burned by Will-o-Wisp. Safeguard solves this and lets Diggersby set up on even Mega-Sableye and Heatran. Lele really likes Veil too, as it is almost unkillable behind it with its bulk lol. Hail is to prevent other weather Pokemon from countering Aurora Veil so that you can also gain advantages in your games

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic​

I needed a solid defensive Pokemon that could switch into Tapu Koko, pressure Hyper Offense teams, get up stealth rocks, and stallbreak. I would have chosen Seismitoad but i found out that swampert is actually bulkier. Damp makes it so that I can counter lead Explosion pokemon like Azelf. Earthquake is a great STAB that mainly is used to counter magearnas. Scald is always nice especially vs steel and poison types like Venusaur and Toxapex. Toxic is great for stallbreaking as it cripples stall Pokemon like Unaware Clefable, Gastrodon, Quagsire, Tangrowth, Zapdos, and other general walls.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave
Last we have Zapdos. Zapdos is good at clearing Hazards and winning Defog/Stealth Rock spams with its Pressure ability. It also checks Scarf Kartana and Hawlucha really well. It can revenge kill Ash Greninja due to its really good SpD bulk as well as take hits from a lot of Pokemon that Def Zapdos can't like Tapu Koko, allowing it not to get pressured by VoltTurn cores to keep hazards up. It checks Landorus and Heatran, two very dominant Pokemon in the game right now, so it is very important to keep is alive. You will know what I mean if you let it die haha.

Conclusion

This is my first RMT so please feel free to give me advice to improve the team. One thing I hate though is when people just say "this set is bad" or "this pokemon is unviable" and they cant explain why other than "its just complete garbage" LOL. That said I really hope everyone likes the team and I encourage you to try it since its really fun to play. Thank you for reading

Diggersby @ Normalium Z
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Tapu Lele @ Assault Vest
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Hail
- Freeze-Dry
- Safeguard

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Defog
- Roost
- Heat Wave

REPLAYS
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-752809283
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-752806562
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-752805341 <--- Destruction
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-752803148
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-752800719

Hey Chimiera♤! Very interesting team you have there. I don't think I have seen a balance-ish veil ever in my life before and that makes this team quite unique, in my eyes. What I will be doing in this rate is point out some problems I have with this team, point out some additionial weaknesses, and lastly try to cover those weaknesses but with a twist. I will be making two "rates", if you want to call it that, where I will be optimizng the team in the first version and put my own ideas into the team in the second version while explaining why certain changes are being made. So without further ado, let's get this started.

Overview:
As already said in the intro of this rate, I think this team is very interesting and an idea that could, in theory, work. It also features Diggersby which was one of the most underrated breakers in ORAS OU, so I'm glad to see it make a return here. The team also has close to every aspect covered: The team has a rocker, remover, sweeper etc. There are a few aspects that bother me, but are fairly hard to cover/correct: The team's speed control is a scarf Magnezone which isn't exactly the fastest Pokémon in the tier with 360 speed (scarf bonus already included). Also, a
resist is missing, making it incredibly tough to deal with the likes of Ash-Greninja, Waterium Z Keldeo, and Suicune. Other than that I don't see any other major problems, but some weaknesses result out of that.
What is your team weak to?
:
This Pokémon just clicks Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse and is threatning your team with only those two moves immensely. Also, this isn't the only form you are weak to. Expert Belt can also be a huge problem for you if the right set is being run on it (
coverage). The weakness mainly comes from the fact that you don't have a
resist and that your fastest Pokémon is a scarfed Magnezone which makes this thing deadly, in my eyes. The best way to cover it, is with a bulky
type like Tangrowth or Tapu Bulu if you want to cover that weakness at all.
: After Diggersby is gone, I don't think you have much counterplay for it at all. Diggersby can also be chipped substantially with the Psychium Z from it, making it even more dangerous to face. Since Reuniclus can run almost any set, it depends on what set to face for the most part. Some Leftovers sets can still be dangerous while others are just set-up bait for Diggersby (example: Psychock + Focus Blast/Energy Ball is dangerous | Psyshock + Shadow Ball is not dangerous).
How can you improve the team?
Version I.
Minor Changes:
Psyshock > Focus Blast (
) :
Looking through the replays you have shared with us, I have notcied that you kind of get annoyed by Volcarona, although you're not 100% weak to it. For that reason, I decided to make Tapu Lele Psyshock. It hits Volcarona on the physical end and therefore hits past its boosts from Quiver Dance. Focus Blast, I think, isn't that much needed since the only Pokémon you hit that Hidden Power [Fire] doesn't is Tyranitar, and even that gets 2HKO'd by a Moonblast. I also don't like the fact that Focus Blast's accuracy is low.
Spread Change (
) :
To be frank, I do get the spread on Zapdos, but I don't think it's any good. Pokémon like Z-Move Kartana or Hawlucha, after some chip, can actually beat Zapdos if the defensive set isn't being run. It is supposed to check Ash-Greninja, which it barely of does, but what are you going to do against Ice Beam varients? Waterium Z can also be a problem if you consider Zapdos as your go-to Pokémon. I just think the spread is not worth running overall and that is why I would change the spread to the standard defensive one 248HP|240Def|20Spe Bold. I would just try to outplay the Greninja with something along the lines of Veil + Tapu Lele/ Swampert, although you wouldn't have the best odds of beating it anyway.
Version II.
Major Changes:
>
:
The reason for this change is mainly due to the fact that Tapu Bulu provides a lot more utility than Tapu Lele does altogether. Tapu Bulu serves as a top
and
resist, as well as being able to beat and chip various other special threats in the tier thanks to its movepool. I am also going to run Stone Edge on the Tapu Bulu since Volcarona could hypothetically be a threat if the right set is being run and Stone Edge is just a surprise way to cover it.
>
:
So, since I removed the Tapu Lele from the team I decided that the team needed some support. I decided to add a Pokémon to the team that can actually get the Stealth Rock up and prevent it from getting removed pretty easily, a job that Swampert didn't necessarily fulfill. The change also includes a more solid
type for the more or less annyoing
type so that's a nice bonus to have. With Swampert I removed one of the
types, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem since you have another
type and a Tapu Bulu to cover Tapu Koko.
Minor Changes:
Spread Changes () : This spread serves the same purposes as the spread change above, so there isn't much to say about it. What I would like to add, though, is that Zapdos synegizes better with Tapu Bulu than with Tapu Lele or Swampert as Zapdos covers most of the physical threats Tapu Bulu is weak to whereas Tapu Lele is left open to way more physical attackers that Zapdos cannot cover either.
Conclusion:
I don't think the team was bad at all, and there weren't a lot of aspects that I was missing and those that were missing were fairly hard to cover without opening the team up in other slots, hence I went with 2 versions here. The first version's weaknesses have stayed pretty much the same whereas the second version checks both Reuniclus and Ash-Greninja better. The downside of that is that the team becomes weak to the likes of Heatran or Tyranitar, for instance. I think it's just personal preference of what team you want to use. With all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and fun with the teams!
Version I.

Version II.

Resources and Calculations:
+2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 280-329 (73.1 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery| +2 252 Atk Kartana Bloom Doom (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 420-494 (109.6 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery| +2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 210-248 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery| 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 177-208 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:
Hey Chimiera♤! Very interesting team you have there. I don't think I have seen a balance-ish veil ever in my life before and that makes this team quite unique, in my eyes. What I will be doing in this rate is point out some problems I have with this team, point out some additionial weaknesses, and lastly try to cover those weaknesses but with a twist. I will be making two "rates", if you want to call it that, where I will be optimizng the team in the first version and put my own ideas into the team in the second version while explaining why certain changes are being made. So without further ado, let's get this started.

Overview:
As already said in the intro of this rate, I think this team is very interesting and an idea that could, in theory, work. It also features Diggersby which was one of the most underrated breakers in ORAS OU, so I'm glad to see it make a return here. The team also has close to every aspect covered: The team has a rocker, remover, sweeper etc. There are a few aspects that bother me, but are fairly hard to cover/correct: The team's speed control is a scarf Magnezone which isn't exactly the fastest Pokémon in the tier with 360 speed (scarf bonus already included). Also, a
resist is missing, making it incredibly tough to deal with the likes of Ash-Greninja, Waterium Z Keldeo, and Suicune. Other than that I don't see any other major problems, but some weaknesses result out of that.
What is your team weak to?
:
This Pokémon just clicks Hydro Pump and Dark Pulse and is threatning your team with only those two moves immensely. Also, this isn't the only form you are weak to. Expert Belt can also be a huge problem for you if the right set is being run on it (
coverage). The weakness mainly comes from the fact that you don't have a
resist and that your fastest Pokémon is a scarfed Magnezone which makes this thing deadly, in my eyes. The best way to cover it, is with a bulky
type like Tangrowth or Tapu Bulu if you want to cover that weakness at all.
: After Diggersby is gone, I don't think you have much counterplay for it at all. Diggersby can also be chipped substantially with the Psychium Z from it, making it even more dangerous to face. Since Reuniclus can run almost any set, it depends on what set to face for the most part. Some Leftovers sets can still be dangerous while others are just set-up bait for Diggersby (example: Psychock + Focus Blast/Energy Ball is dangerous | Psyshock + Shadow Ball is not dangerous).
How can you improve the team?
Version I.
Minor Changes:
Psyshock > Focus Blast (
) :
Looking through the replays you have shared with us, I have notcied that you kind of get annoyed by Volcarona, although you're not 100% weak to it. For that reason, I decided to make Tapu Lele Psyshock. It hits Volcarona on the physical end and therefore hits past its boosts from Quiver Dance. Focus Blast, I think, isn't that much needed since the only Pokémon you hit that Hidden Power [Fire] doesn't is Tyranitar, and even that gets 2HKO'd by a Moonblast. I also don't like the fact that Focus Blast's accuracy is low.
Spread Change (
) :
To be frank, I do get the spread on Zapdos, but I don't think it's any good. Pokémon like Z-Move Kartana or Hawlucha, after some chip, can actually beat Zapdos if the defensive set isn't being run. It is supposed to check Ash-Greninja, which it barely of does, but what are you going to do against Ice Beam varients? Waterium Z can also be a problem if you consider Zapdos as your go-to Pokémon. I just think the spread is not worth running overall and that is why I would change the spread to the standard defensive one 248HP|240Def|20Spe Bold. I would just try to outplay the Greninja with something along the lines of Veil + Tapu Lele/ Swampert, although you wouldn't have the best odds of beating it anyway.
Version II.
Major Changes:
>
:
The reason for this change is mainly due to the fact that Tapu Bulu provides a lot more utility than Tapu Lele does altogether. Tapu Bulu serves as a top
and
resist, as well as being able to beat and chip various other special threats in the tier thanks to its movepool. I am also going to run Stone Edge on the Tapu Bulu since Volcarona could hypothetically be a threat if the right set is being run and Stone Edge is just a surprise way to cover it.
>
:
So, since I removed the Tapu Lele from the team I decided that the team needed some support. I decided to add a Pokémon to the team that can actually get the Stealth Rock up and prevent it from getting removed pretty easily, a job that Swampert didn't necessarily fulfill. The change also includes a more solid
type for the more or less annyoing
type so that's a nice bonus to have. With Swampert I removed one of the
types, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem since you have another
type and a Tapu Bulu to cover Tapu Koko.
Minor Changes:
Spread Changes () : This spread serves the same purposes as the spread change above, so there isn't much to say about it. What I would like to add, though, is that Zapdos synegizes better with Tapu Bulu than with Tapu Lele or Swampert as Zapdos covers most of the physical threats Tapu Bulu is weak to whereas Tapu Lele is left open to way more physical attackers that Zapdos cannot cover either.
Conclusion:
I don't think the team was bad at all, and there weren't a lot of aspects that I was missing and those that were missing were fairly hard to cover without opening the team up in other slots, hence I went with 2 versions here. The first version's weaknesses have stayed pretty much the same whereas the second version checks both Reuniclus and Ash-Greninja better. The downside of that is that the team becomes weak to the likes of Heatran or Tyranitar, for instance. I think it's just personal preference of what team you want to use. With all of that being said, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and fun with the teams!
Version I.

Version II.

Resources and Calculations:
+2 252 Atk Kartana All-Out Pummeling (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 280-329 (73.1 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery| +2 252 Atk Kartana Bloom Doom (175 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 420-494 (109.6 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery| +2 252+ Atk Hawlucha High Jump Kick vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 210-248 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery| 252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 177-208 (46.2 - 54.3%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Hey Patlop,
Thanks abunch for putting in the time to help me out with the team. A bunch of the suggestions you made are ones that I like and you are absolutly right about it being weak to greninja (I find that all of my teams are weak to this in one way or another LOL). I really like the input you gave on what pokemon to change and it makes a lot of sense for Bulu > Tpau Lele and heatran > Swampert. I do have one issue though and that is that doesnt grassy terrain nerf earthquake? That would conflict pretty directly with Diggersby. I think you are absolutely right though and I should be running a grass type on here. I am considering maybe Tangrowth or another grass type that isnt weak to ice beam like maybe even mega abomasnow even though I'm not sure whether that is viable or not haha but its just a thought. The other thing is though without lele i am really weak to Medicham and Lopunny. I will definitely try your changes though and again thanks a bunch ^_^

ps. you didnt replace swampert picture with heatran picture in your second team LOL

Last edited:
Hey Patlop,
Thanks abunch for putting in the time to help me out with the team. A bunch of the suggestions you made are ones that I like and you are absolutly right about it being weak to greninja (I find that all of my teams are weak to this in one way or another LOL). I really like the input you gave on what pokemon to change and it makes a lot of sense for Bulu > Tpau Lele and heatran > Swampert. I do have one issue though and that is that doesnt grassy terrain nerf earthquake? That would conflict pretty directly with Diggersby. I think you are absolutely right though and I should be running a grass type on here. I am considering maybe Tangrowth or another grass type that isnt weak to ice beam like maybe even mega abomasnow even though I'm not sure whether that is viable or not haha but its just a thought. The other thing is though without lele i am really weak to Medicham and Lopunny. I will definitely try your changes though and again thanks a bunch ^_^

ps. you didnt replace swampert picture with heatran picture in your second team LOL
Ye i didn't notice until another guy from another chat told it to me, gonna be fixed tomorrow. Tangrowth is probably better in some regards, that's true. Guess it's situational of what you need in a specific situation. [EDIT]: fixed

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)