Other Metagames [(Kind of) 400th post RMT]- **Creatures of the night** Stall BH

Best person in shoutouts

• Total voters

Huge thanks to MamOwOswine for their beautiful artwork. 10/10 IGN.
Greetings, and welcome to the RMT. I have been on Smogon for a while now, and decided not to wait for my 500th post to do an anniversary RMT. Hope you enjoy!
rip

Also I want you guys to know I won’t be on smog on so frequently anymore.

These pokemon formed the stall core, with PH Giratina, FC Aegislash, and the famous imposter Chansey.

I realized this team was weak to setup sweepers after Aegislash died, and decided to put Mega-Gyarados on the team.

And PBond Kanga was added after I realized that this team wasn't doing great with stall.

I totally forgot magic bounce until the very end of this build. Mega Audino is one of the best users not named Giratina, so I decided to run my take on its standard set.

The team-

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Purify
- Shore Up
- Metal Burst

FC Chansey is a check to -ate users such as Diancie, and MRay. It is also a check to PH users, such as Xerneas, and can survive an unboosted close combat from MMX, and is the life and soul of the stall core.

Improofed by- Giratina

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Spiky Shield
- Core Enforcer

Giratina is a premier defensive pokemon, with great defenses, STAB core enforcer, and makes good use of Poison Heal. In general, it is an all-around great pick on any and all stall teams.

Improofed by- Audino (immune to both attacks, and has Knock Off. Basically forces switches.)

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Transform

Standard Imposter Chansey is the perfect way to check contrary wallbreakers such as MMY and Rayquaza, as well as scout for sets. It peroforms its role beautifully, and is the reason that we have to make our sets immune to imposter. I decided to not run phazing but instead wish support if it can't pull off an imposter.

Improofed by- Audino and Kangaskan

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief

This is my other setup sweeper check and has proved to be invaluable when facing HO teams.

Improofed by- Giratina+Audino

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Intimidate
Careful Nature
IVs: 31 Atk
- Nature's Madness
- Night Shade
- Seismic Toss
- Photon Geyser

Standard 2HKO Kangaskhan with photon geyser is a large help against shedinja (If protective pads) and many bulkier threats. Pokemon such as Mega Slowbro, Mega TTAR, and Zygod all can only be KOed (unless ya count DBond or chip damage) with Kangaskhan. It was originally in the core and sadly got debunked for my all time favorite pokemon, metal burst chansey. It regained its spot after proving how much it helps against other stall teams. (F natures madness and its accuracy)

Improofed by- Avoid Imposter

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell / Spectral Thief
- Shore Up / Wish
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield

Finally, we have the improof god, Audino-Mega. A great defensive pokemon, it is typically used for fodder, and to provide clerical support to the other 5 pokemon, particularly Kanga.

Improofed by- Itself

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Wish
- Spikes
- Shore Up
- Transform

Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Spectral Thief

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Intimidate
Careful Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Night Shade
- Seismic Toss
- Photon Geyser

Giratina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shore Up
- Defog
- Spiky Shield
- Core Enforcer

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Careful Nature
- Heal Bell
- Shore Up
- Knock Off
- Spiky Shield

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Fur Coat
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Purify
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Will add after suspect test ends, so I'm not giving away too many of my strats.

Threatlist-

If a badgeholder can copy/paste these tags that'd be great.
E4 Flint for leading this tier, it's pretty lit (Ban psysurge) [I had to say him first, but now in no particular order]
Eien for leading monotype, you do it really dang well and I hope that under your leadership the meta keeps getting better.
Decemm Ghost is the best type, thanks for being nice to me, I think you'll go far.
Vid You have my pick for gen 8 mono TL, thanks for the help
smub dat boi too strong, congrats on getting driver! You are definitely a great contributor and I wouldn't be shocked if you rose to even greater heights.
Silver_Lucario42 You got me in to BH, thank you for making that rattlepass
Haaku. Shared Power is great, so are you.
morogrim (Momo wherever you are) Best Rivalry 2018
Moosical Best Ava 2018 grats on RO
MamOwOswine Still best artist
Hello Fellow Human Irl friend
The Immortal
Chloe
Thank you both for running OMs
Paleo Other best mono dude
Everyone else who is part of the mono community, I really like you guys

Big thanks to everyone who has made my time on Smogon great!

**Happy Laddering**

-Magi :psyglad:

Well crud

Last edited:
Hey, just a suggestion that I've been running with:
Kangaskhan - Seismic Toss -> Anchor Shot, Photon Geyser -> Strength Sap
Doing this lets Kanga trap imposters, and then proceed to stall them out as it has no move to finish itself off. All you lose is the ability to beat Regigigas.

Hey, just a suggestion that I've been running with:
Kangaskhan - Seismic Toss -> Anchor Shot, Photon Geyser -> Strength Sap
Doing this lets Kanga trap imposters, and then proceed to stall them out as it has no move to finish itself off. All you lose is the ability to beat Regigigas.
Unfortunately, Regigias is one of the top threats to this team, and thus is not something I really would like to deal with using other things. I should've done the threatlist before uploading this, but there's no going back now. I also would prefer to keep Kanga alive, and sort of improof by not mega-evolving until imposter comes in.

Thanks for your input.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
hi what's up man

i'd recommend replacing aegislash with fur coat chansey. your team is pretty weak to -ate users like specs ray and mega diancie, which can basically sweep if they ko aegi on the switch with a coverage move. chansey stops pretty much all -ate users in their tracks and also covers mons like qd poison heal xerneas, smash magic guard diancie, etc. keep in mind that the change makes the team weaker to mmx and random drummers, though.

as for the moves, the standard knock off/purify/will-o-wisp/soft-boiled seems like it would work well here, with wisp helping against threatening opponents like magic guard diancie (+2 head smash does 50), mmx (you live close combat from full so you can wisp, but beware photon geyser), and v-create ate users. knock off neutralizes opposing ph users in combination with purify, and knocking off leftovers from magic bounce users is also pretty nice. something the set really wants though is u-turn because it's really useful for guys like mega sceptile (you can't stay in but you can't switch in imposter or gyara either. try skill swap+u-turn over knock+purify maybe) your own audino imposter-proofs assuming you don't mind losing leftovers.

why is the giratina revelation dance? this mon dies to 2 judgments unboosted and besides you have the audino in the back to knock off spooky plate so you can stall normalize gar with giratina + imposter. my suggestion here is either to put u-turn/spectral thief here, just as a general utility move, or to put tspikes on this to make up for not having aegi. something problematic though is that imposter can just switch in every time and defog. to fix this, maybe replace roost with spiky shield: although missing the instant recovery kinda sucks, it prevents imposter from healing at all, so you can pressure their hazard control a lot more.

why does the gyarados have no recovery lol give this boi a healing move over u turn please

i'm interested in how useful heal bell is on audino, because i haven't used it personally so i can't vouch for or against it. would you mind providing replays of this move in action?

that's all thanks

It seems very odd having a fairly passive semi-stall where lots of the walls don't have recovery.

Spectral Thief is definitely better than Heal Bell on Audino because without it PH Xerneas 6-0s as long as they get the poison up and also if they have standard PH gigas you cant heal bell anyway because gira is gonna be taking knockoffs and needs poison to not lose to sleep rolls.

Completely agree with sl42 about recovery on Gyara, all it takes is one predict on the switch and you're too low health to check anything. Also you should put Giratina or Aud as the listed Improofs because they are both pretty safe switchins (although gira takes a chunk from knock off but only once and aud loses lefties).

Mewtwo Y is a huge threat to this team but this can very easily be mitigated by actually running recovery on stuff. Without recovery Aegi or Gyara switch in once or twice depending on what they click then can no-longer do anything about it. This problem might not be quite so bad if you wait a week (depending on suspect) but contrary and sheer force mmy both hurt you a lot too.

Do not run strength sap on magic bounce aud. If they have something that it checks and can do more than a few turns of lefties to it all they need to do is chip it then go to imposter (or their own magic bouncer) to stop you healing up.

As has been said -ate is a massive threat. They don't even need coverage to beat aegi rn, just boomburst two or three times then finish with espeeds to avoid destiny bond; once again your walls need recovery especially on a defensive team.

Give chansey soft boiled not roost, soft boiled is the recovery god intended chansey to have.

On a non-team related note: nice idea putting the improof where it is clear, really helps if someone wants to grab the team quickly and it is probably the most important info for using a team in BH.

Also, something I only just noticed, your Kang seems to have mixed thoughts on whether it wants to maximise or minimise it's attack. Please help it solve this identity crisis by giving it 31 attack IVs.

hi what's up man
Thanks for the reply, it's good to see another good memer player commenting! (Don't be like me and waste a milestone don't reply)

as for the moves, the standard knock off/purify/will-o-wisp/soft-boiled seems like it would work well here, with wisp helping against threatening opponents like magic guard diancie (+2 head smash does 50), mmx (you live close combat from full so you can wisp, but beware photon geyser), and v-create ate users. knock off neutralizes opposing ph users in combination with purify, and knocking off leftovers from magic bounce users is also pretty nice. something the set really wants though is u-turn because it's really useful for guys like mega sceptile (you can't stay in but you can't switch in imposter or gyara either. try skill swap+u-turn over knock+purify maybe) your own audino imposter-proofs assuming you don't mind losing leftovers.
Changed to 1rst set, I'd prefer to have recovery > Turn.

why is the giratina revelation dance? this mon dies to 2 judgments unboosted and besides you have the audino in the back to knock off spooky plate so you can stall normalize gar with giratina + imposter. my suggestion here is either to put u-turn/spectral thief here, just as a general utility move, or to put tspikes on this to make up for not having aegi. something problematic though is that imposter can just switch in every time and defog. to fix this, maybe replace roost with spiky shield: although missing the instant recovery kinda sucks, it prevents imposter from healing at all, so you can pressure their hazard control a lot more.
Dance was a mistake from when I wasn't running MAudino. Personally I decided to go with my original set and Spiky Shield > Dance.

why does the gyarados have no recovery lol give this boi a healing move over u turn please
Oversight fixed

It seems very odd having a fairly passive semi-stall where lots of the walls don't have recovery.
Senpai good to see you Willdbeast please don't partake in willdbeastiality (Too much CTRL+S) thanks for the rate!
Spectral Thief is definitely better than Heal Bell on Audino because without it PH Xerneas 6-0s as long as they get the poison up and also if they have standard PH gigas you cant heal bell anyway because gira is gonna be taking knockoffs and needs poison to not lose to sleep rolls.
Heal Bell is needed on this team, as I'm horrible with predicts 99% of the time. PH Xern is a problem, but I feel that Audino has 4MSS. Is there anything I can change on Chansey to aid the team

Completely agree with sl42 about recovery on Gyara, all it takes is one predict on the switch and you're too low health to check anything. Also you should put Giratina or Aud as the listed Improofs because they are both pretty safe switchins (although gira takes a chunk from knock off but only once and aud loses lefties).
Done

Mewtwo Y is a huge threat to this team but this can very easily be mitigated by actually running recovery on stuff. Without recovery Aegi or Gyara switch in once or twice depending on what they click then can no-longer do anything about it. This problem might not be quite so bad if you wait a week (depending on suspect) but contrary and sheer force mmy both hurt you a lot too.
I just DBonded earlier but MMY is walled by MBurst Chansey (If you predict the switch), and is one of the main reasons I run unaware Gyara.

Do not run strength sap on magic bounce aud. If they have something that it checks and can do more than a few turns of lefties to it all they need to do is chip it then go to imposter (or their own magic bouncer) to stop you healing up.
I'm not??

As has been said -ate is a massive threat. They don't even need coverage to beat aegi rn, just boomburst two or three times then finish with espeeds to avoid destiny bond; once again your walls need recovery especially on a defensive team.
True didn't realize how bad -ate was until I actually played "high ladder", I will change

Give chansey soft boiled not roost, soft boiled is the recovery god intended chansey to have.
I play BH for being able to put weird crap on already weird mons

On a non-team related note: nice idea putting the improof where it is clear, really helps if someone wants to grab the team quickly and it is probably the most important info for using a team in BH.
Shamelessly stolen from morogrim but thanks
Also, something I only just noticed, your Kang seems to have mixed thoughts on whether it wants to maximise or minimise it's attack. Please help it solve this identity crisis by giving it 31 attack IVs.
[/quote]
Oversight, sure I will.

Bad punctuation/grammar is my-city.
Edit- Changed roosts to shore up bc/ if I ever see Silver_Lucario42 's sand veil offense I can laugh.

You said the improof for Fur Coat Chansey was Giratina, but it's PH Giratina and you have Knock off and Purify so can't the imposter just knock off your orb then purify you and render the Giratina useless?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)