SM UU kiss&makeup

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
kiss&makeup
altaria-mega.gif
magneton.gif
slowbro.gif
latias.gif
klefki.gif
mamoswine.gif

Back with another team since its been a hot minute and I really love the current UU. There are a lot of different options to be explored and nothing is super oppressive as it stands. Mega Altaria has been on a lot of my teams a lot as of late moreso serving as a glue but I wanted to build around it for once.

loveball.png
Team-building Process
loveball.png
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
luxuryball.png
diveball.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

Refresh Malt is super cool in a meta-game where Rotom-H is being spammed so much as Malt can take advantage of players instantly switching into Malt thinking they have it under control. With bulk, Malt can set up on mons like Maero too. It gives fatter teams a hard time once steels or unaware mons are removed from the equation. It's really become one of my favorite malt sets.
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
diveball.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

Magneton is bad. Literally only in UU because of the big man Scizor :nauseated_face: Luckily, trapping is broken. I wanted to use the Electrium Z set since I could run Hp Grass on it, and lure Quagsire.
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
080.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

Recycle Eject Button Slowbro was a concept I was interested in trying out. I remember seeing it in a tour game, but can't remember who used it. Eject Button with Slowbro is pretty nice as it gives more leeway in a match since a wrong prediction into Slowbro is at least partially healed off. It also gives multiple opportunities to trap steels with Magneton with Recycle too.
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
080.png
380.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

It was the first research week at the time I first made this team and MLix could be annoying seeing as Magneton couldn't really touch it. Thus, I decided to add Specs Latias. Specs Latias does a pretty nice job of luring MLix, as Surf obviously isn't commonly seen on Lati.
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
080.png
380.png
707 (1).png
pokeball.png

I really needed a steel that could take hits, or a fairy to absorb dracos. Klefki can switch into Latias and Hydreigon, and should Hydreigon hit Klefki with fireblast, go into Malt. Given how I only had two slots left, I opted for a Imprision Defog set. It gave me some nice role compression.
Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
080.png
380.png
707 (1).png
473.png

Mamoswine hasn't been seen very often since the Rotom-H spam, but I needed a rocker and lacked a solid physical attacker. I had no Z user either, and I've liked Groundium Z on Mamo in the past so I decided to utilize it. The surprise factor is very helpful against stall. No LO is equated to a focus sash typically. Cobalion looked ugly, though, so I made Magneton scarf. With scarf, hp fire was a necessity and had means of hitting of hitting of MLix. The speed boost meant they could volt out and back into Slowbro, too.

widelens.png
A Closer Look
widelens.png

mostly standard sets lol

altaria-mega.gif
luxuryball.png
diveball.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

DragonIC_Big.png
FairyIC_Big.png
(F) @
altarianite.png

Ability: Natural Cure --> Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 76 Def / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
flying.gif
- Roost
dragon.gif
- Dragon Dance
normal.gif
- Return
normal.gif
- Refresh

Pretty standard set that lets me set up on various offensive mons, though of course the main mon being Rotom-H. I went with the spread from Pearl's toxicroak team. Mega Altaria serves as a reliable knock-off absorber, making it great for supporting MagBro. Mega Altaria gives the common knock off users a hard time, and prevents Slowbro from losing its Eject Button. Natural Cure lets it switch into Toxic and stuff for Slowbro without having to spend a turn refreshing it off and obviously weather is pretty much nonexistent (rendering Cloud 9 useless).

248 EVs in HP coupled with 76 EVs in Def allow Altaria-Mega to never get 2HKO by Krookodile's Earthquake and Terrakion's Close Combat both after Stealth Rock damages. It also ensure Altaria-Mega to never get 2HKO by Latias's Psychic after Stealth Rocks damages. 176 EVs in Speed coupled with Jolly nature allow Altaria-Mega to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and ensure that Altaria-Mega will outspeed Choice Scarf Latias/Gengar after 2 Dragon Dance.
yes i c+p the description from mounte's post dont judge

ultraball.png
magneton.gif
diveball.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

ElectricIC_Big.png
SteelIC_Big.png
@
choicescarf.png

Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
electric.gif
- Thunderbolt
steel.gif
- Flash Cannon
electric.gif
- Volt Switch
normal.gif
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Again, basic set that does the job. Scarf means it doesn't die to coba 1v1, and the speed boost lets it hit things like Zydoge and Gengar. Magneton's special attack stat is surprisingly high and doesn't need the boost from specs really. It being weak to Choice Scarf Krookodile just is another reason it goes so nicely with Malt.

ultraball.png
luxuryball.png
slowbro.gif
masterball.png
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

WaterIC_Big.png
PsychicIC_Big.png
@
ejectbutton.png

Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
water.gif
- Scald
normal.gif
- Recycle
normal.gif
- Slack Off
poison.gif
- Toxic

There may be a more optimal spread for this set, but max max has treated me well. With Slowbro's bulk, it doesn't struggle to recover its Eject Button multiple times in a match. It's a reliable answer to things like Lucario and eases prediction against mons like Terrakion.
ultraball.png
luxuryball.png
diveball.png
latias.gif
dreamball.png
pokeball.png

DragonIC_Big.png
PsychicIC_Big.png
@
choicespecs.png

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
dragon.gif
- Draco Meteor
psychic.gif
- Psychic
water.gif
- Surf
psychic.gif
- Healing Wish

All the way from Nuke Town, specs Lati can punch holes easily. The drop of A-Muk is really appreciated, too. Specs Lati was probably my favorite mon that research week. Luring Mega Steelix, Unevolved Aggron, etc. make it easier for Mega Altaria to pull off a sweep, since often Magneton has to volt out and get back in through Slowbro
ultraball.png
luxuryball.png
diveball.png
masterball.png
klefki.gif
pokeball.png

SteelIC_Big.png
FairyIC_Big.png
@
leftovers.png

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
ground.gif
- Spikes
flying.gif
- Defog
psychic.gif
- Imprison
fairy.gif
- Play Rough

Unorthodox set that has pretty nice role compression. Tsareena and Blastoise are handled pretty well with the squad, which makes Imprisiion Defog even more effective. Many mons were given defog, and thus make blocking hazard removal from the enemy a breeze. When losing the hazard war, prankster defog is hella handy, especially with the lack of a grounded poison on the team.
ultraball.png
luxuryball.png
diveball.png
masterball.png
dreamball.png
mamoswine.gif

GroundIC_Big.png
IceIC_Big.png
@
groundiumz.png

Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
ground.gif
- Earthquake
ice.gif
- Icicle Crash
rock.gif
- Stealth Rock
ice.gif
- Ice Shard

Groundium Z has a strong surprise factor with Mamoswine and the lack of LO nearly always indicates a Focus Sash. I've messed around with Freeze Dry + Metronome but Z has been more reliable overall. Why does protect have to mess with metronome uwu

physical.png
Threatlist
special.png

245.png
- Suicune can be really annoying for the team. Once Malt is removed, Suicune can exploit Klefki lacking toxic, Latias locked into Surf or Draco, or even Slowbro :psycry:
242.png
594.png
195.png
- Stall heavily depends on the surprise factor of Z Mamo, and somewhat specs Lati. But the matchup isn't impossible with proper prediction and pressure with hazards
094.png
- Gengar is hella scary for this team and Klefki can't paralyze it. An enemy gengar needs to be played aggressively against due to the rising threat that is subgar

vs.recorder.pngReplaysvs.recorder.png
(click)
Screenshot (38).pngScreenshot (40).pngScreenshot (37).pngScreenshot (41).png

sunstone.png
Importable
moonstone.png

https://pokepast.es/271625e542e1d2e3

Mega-Altaria_icon.png
082.png
080.png
Thanks for Reading!
380.png
707 (1).png
473.png

Last edited:
Hey Sciz, I'm digging the hell out of this RMT --- both the squad and the a e s t h e t i c. I fucks wit this, and not a lot of things get my "I fucks wit this" stamp of approval. I do wanna point out a couple of things that could be an issue after a considerable amount of brainstorming, as well as offer up some solutions to said problems.

Offensive Threats

(1)
(2)
(3)

Honestly, I think its overly difficult for the team to execute on the opposing team. Doubles can be made and aggressive play can make up for the lack of answers but really there's not many options on the team for any of these.
(1) So Beedrill's a big threat because simply put, if your setters have a hard time pressuring the removal ie. Rotom Heat (common Beedrill partner, solid all around mon) it'll get free turns and cannot be punished in return, barring maybe an Ice Shard from Mamo. You have resists to its STABs, which is great but they cannot do anything in return.​
(2) Bisharp is the second mon that poses a threat, thanks to the free turns it gets versus Klef and a Choice Locked / -2 Latias it can really do damage in a late game scenario. You did a good job of creeping Jolly with Alt (if that's what those EVs are for) and it's not an unwinnable MU but a well played Bisharp will do a slew of damage.​
(3) This is just tough; there's no punishing with Keys with a suicide T-Wave after getting one layer up, there's no setting up on it with m-Alt, there's no Sash on Mamo so if you get bopped shit happens --- not to mention if it has Defog, it's gonna be really tough to get around. You have outs, but it's really tough to keep 'em up versus this 'mon and it doesn't help that it offensively pressures your wincon at the same time, without much done in return.​
Defensive Threats

(1)
(2)

The team just has a tough time breaking through these in general; there are zero lures for these two (w/ the exception of Surf on Lati for Doublade) so they won't have a problem coming in when needed and switching out when scared out.

(1) This is a tough MU; the way I see it playing out, is a lot of aggressive doubling into either Mamo, Lati or Mag (in certain cases) and just in general trying to keep pressure with hazards up. The issue with that is it can invite removal if you misstep or they make midground plays or whatever the case may be -- more often than not, I don't see that MU playing out well in the slightest.​
(2) Secondly is Doublade, this'll be brief. It's a ghost type therefore Magnet Pull is ineffective against it, Ghost types cannot be trapped. I have tried Mag/Alt and can attest to the fact that it can struggle versus Doublade, especially when your opponent is aware he is not trapped. This can turn into a fruitful exchange with the aid of some doubling and predictions, but you can't always count on your opponent knowing they're not trapped bc simply put, people are dumb.​

----------------
So I'm gonna follow that up with some of the things I appreciated about your RMT as well as some edits I'd advise you to be open minded to; I like the team as is but it does have its faults; every team has its faults, but in this case some of this team's faults aren't accounted for and can make for a really tough MU.

It was the first research week at the time I first made this team and MLix could be annoying seeing as Magneton couldn't really touch it. Thus, I decided to add Specs Latias. Specs Latias does a pretty nice job of luring MLix, as Surf obviously isn't commonly seen on Lati.
I honestly appreciated the addition of Specs Lati on the team, even though I didn't initially. It hits Aggron before it gets its mega off, Doublade for a sizeable amount of damage, and M-Lix - another 'mon I saw posing a threat with a Toxic on the incoming Slowbro or just making the right plays in general. I'd opt for Psyshock > Psychic though as it would aleviate some of the pressure in fatter MUs, hitting Blissey for some pretty reliable damage and can promote aggressive play on your end (depending on how much hazards are up).

Mamoswine hasn't been seen very often since the Rotom-H spam, but I needed a rocker and lacked a solid physical attacker. I had no Z user either, and I've liked Groundium Z on Mamo in the past so I decided to utilize it. The surprise factor is very helpful against stall. No LO is equated to a focus sash typically. Cobalion looked ugly, though, so I made Magneton scarf. With scarf, hp fire was a necessity and had means of hitting of hitting of MLix. The speed boost meant they could volt out and back into Slowbro, too.
I also like the idea of the Groundium Z nuke on Mamo, it helps pass Mamo off as Sash as well as having that surprise factor against fatter builds. This in conjunction with the Specs Lati which helps bluff Z or Scarf make for a really nice combo in my opinion, and to be honest it was a delightful surprise.

I really needed a steel that could take hits, or a fairy to absorb dracos. Klefki can switch into Latias and Hydreigon, and should Hydreigon hit Klefki with fireblast, go into Malt. Given how I only had two slots left, I opted for a Imprision Defog set. It gave me some nice role compression.
I like the potential this set has, especially on this team. I've tried Imprison Defog Klef before in the past and I honestly feel it doesn't disappoint, I feel like it's a necessity on a team like this that would find it nigh impossible to keep those hazards up otherwise but it puts in work nonetheless.

Changes

So, this is probably the most standard pick that one could conjure up, but what it offers up here is too good to pass up. It compresses the roles of Lati in damage output (bar HW support) and Mamo in entry hazards and a nuke while adding the ability to taunt and improving the MU versus stall (to an extent). And Krook provides you with a means of actual speed control and improves your MU versus Beedrill (to an extent), keeps your Lati MU intact, improves your Doublade MU, and packs Edge for Moltres in case you're ever in the predicament where you'll need it. [EDIT: E-Button into Krook on Bee is a really dope tech, honestly didn't bother to do the calcs but they don't disappoint]

----------------​

I like this team man, I only hope that you take some of the things I mentioned into consideration. This is some really good work and I can't wait to see what you come up with next homie! Good luck with the squad, RMT was dope, and happy holidays.

[importable on deck]

Last edited:
In all seriousness though, I think this team just needs one thing to be changed just to help your weakness to ghosts.
Edit - I was NOT joking about the post being beautiful, this is one of the most eye-catching post I've ever seen.

Major Change

Scarf Hydreigon > Specs Latias

This change should happen because having 2 psychics without any ghost check is honestly pretty bad knowing that there's ghosts going around in the tier of UU. Making Hydreigon scarf also brings a little bit more speed to the team because this team is pretty slow. Having your fastest mon Mega Altaria isn't really a good look imop. Overall, this team looks nice.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast

Minor Change

Colbur Berry > Eject Button

I like the gimmick of eject button but having a move called Knock Off going around just aint cutting it for me. Knock off just gets rid of the whole point of having recycle in the first place, which makes it a waste of a moveslot when it could have soooo many useful moves in it's arsenal. If anything, you're better off running block Slowbro than eject button. If you still want to run eject button, you don't have to run Recycle, that's what I'm trying to say.

Slowbro @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Block
- Scald
- Toxic
- Rest

Respect your work, comrade, rn I can't really think of other changes, I'll let you know about em if I find any.

Hey Scizorphobic honestly really cool team you came up with here and this post in general is really clean to look at. So I'm kinda late to the party cos I was asleep but I'm gonna still take a crack at it. I actually have two different versions I plan to share with you. One keeps the BO approach you initially took while the other is more balance oriented. And seeing as 'sei. has provided an updated threat list I yoinked it to help with these :^)

Version 1 -

Major Changes:

- So I decided to use Hydreigon over Latias as it alleviates the stall match-up through the use of Taunt. It also helps with Gengar which is pretty scary for your team as you pointed out. You can use D-pulse + F-blast with Darkinium to help with the Bisharp match-up and chip at steel types like Coba making it easier for Mag to trap and remove, or the standard stab + Dragonium-Z.

- I replaced Mamo with Gligar which provided you with an easier match-up against Beedrill (Even if it has Knock), and to an extent Molt + Non-LO Gengar. It also takes pressure off Slowbro to keep checking Mons like Ape, Coba and Terrak. Toxic punishes things like Moltres and other Mons immune to EQ.

<Click Sprites for importable>
----------------------------------------------
Version 2 -

Major Changes:

- Just like before I used Gligar over Mamo for pretty much similar reasons. Except it is your defog user on this one and your ground immunity.

- Okay so I decided to go with Chesnaught over Klefki to keep your Spikes but it also eases your match-up against Bisharp and Krook. Now this is a bit gimmicky but I put Eject Button on this as Scizor usually attempts to U-turn off this pretty easily + it allows bro to run a diff set. Last slot is up to you: Taunt to keep hazards up, Toxic punishes Molt and Ape etc., Wood Hammer for Suicune and Alo. Just depends what you want out of it.

- The last change was to add Empoleon to ease your Primarina, Moltres and Latias match-up with the recent additions. Empoleon is utilizing Stealth Rock and also Roar to make your match-up against Suicune and Latias a lot easier. While it doesn't appreciate Drill Run it can handle Bee pretty well too for Gligar.

Minor Changes:

- I think you can use that Electrium-Z set you originally planned to or just use Specs Magneton, over Choice Scarf on this squad.

- So I changed Slowbro to Blockbro to help with your stall match-up. It's up to you which item you want: Lefties or Colbur Berry. A Calm Mind variant could be pretty nice here too if you wanted.

I hope either of these versions are to your pleasing bro. The first one makes very few changes to keep it as close to the original, but you don't have any real form of speed control as I couldn't think of anything diff to what these guys have done :psygrump:. In the second one HP Ice Manec can be a bit of a bitch not gonna lie, but hazard stacking + Toxic users can wear it down. Either way I can't emphasis enough how much I enjoy reading and rating your teams. If you have any questions just let me know and I look forward to the next team you post ^_^

Hey Scizorphobic honestly really cool team you came up with here and this post in general is really clean to look at. So I'm kinda late to the party cos I was asleep but I'm gonna still take a crack at it. I actually have two different versions I plan to share with you. One keeps the BO approach you initially took while the other is more balance oriented. And seeing as 'sei. has provided an updated threat list I yoinked it to help with these :^)

Version 1 -

Major Changes:

- So I decided to use Hydreigon over Latias as it alleviates the stall match-up through the use of Taunt. It also helps with Gengar which is pretty scary for your team as you pointed out. You can use D-pulse + F-blast with Darkinium to help with the Bisharp match-up and chip at steel types like Coba making it easier for Mag to trap and remove, or the standard stab + Dragonium-Z.

- I replaced Mamo with Gligar which provided you with an easier match-up against Beedrill (Even if it has Knock), and to an extent Molt + Non-LO Gengar. It also takes pressure off Slowbro to keep checking Mons like Ape, Coba and Terrak. Toxic punishes things like Moltres and other Mons immune to EQ.

----------------------------------------------
Version 2 -

Major Changes:

- Just like before I used Gligar over Mamo for pretty much similar reasons. Except it is your defog user on this one and your ground immunity.

- Okay so I decided to go with Chesnaught over Klefki to keep your Spikes but it also eases your match-up against Bisharp and Krook. Now this is a bit gimmicky but I put Eject Button on this as Scizor usually attempts to U-turn off this pretty easily + it allows bro to run a diff set. Last slot is up to you: Taunt to keep hazards up, Toxic punishes Molt and Ape etc., Wood Hammer for Suicune and Alo. Just depends what you want out of it.

- The last change was to add Empoleon to ease your Primarina, Moltres and Latias match-up with the recent additions. Empoleon is utilizing Stealth Rock and also Roar to make your match-up against Suicune and Latias a lot easier. While it doesn't appreciate Drill Run it can handle Bee pretty well too for Gligar.

Minor Changes:

- I think you can use that Electrium-Z set you originally planned to or just use Specs Magneton, over Choice Scarf on this squad.

- So I changed Slowbro to Blockbro to help with your stall match-up. It's up to you which item you want: Lefties or Colbur Berry. A Calm Mind variant could be pretty nice here too if you wanted.

I hope either of these versions are to your pleasing bro. The first one makes very few changes to keep it as close to the original, but you don't have any real form of speed control as I couldn't think of anything diff to what these guys have done :psygrump:. In the second one HP Ice Manec can be a bit of a bitch not gonna lie, but hazard stacking + Toxic users can wear it down. Either way I can't emphasis enough how much I enjoy reading and rating your teams. If you have any questions just let me know and I look forward to the next team you post ^_^
Man, looking at yall replies to his team, yall did wayyyy better than me. I think it's just the laziness, idk man. I'm hoping I'll get to be as good as yall soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)